• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Really? I thought about it quite a bit, so hear me out.

Roy can't approach, has horrendous fall speed, and has weight perfect for getting combo *****.

In terms of spacing, Roy is better. But all those negative factors even that 'positive' to a neutral.

I remember Mew2King stating how terrible Roy was, possibly bottom 2.
mew2king has also changed his mind a billion times in terms of tiers, and last time i checked he does not think roy is bottom 2.

i have seen great players of every bottom tier character except ness. i really think ness might be the very worst. name me a ness player that could beat armada's kirby or kdj's pichu.

i hear hungrybox has a good ness, but i've never seen it...
there's simna (i think that's how you spell it). i think he took a match off kage at genesis lolol. then there was also some sick ness player that was almost going even with hax at some east coast tourney earlier this year. the latter was recorded and uploaded to youtube.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
To be fair KDJ didn't main pichu or anything, He was just smart and knew a little more than the basics. Really I don't think anyone has really tapped pichu all too much.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't say pichu is better than ness becaus eI don't know ness inside and out. I know when to STFU.

No you're thinking of pikachu seriously you are. go to training mode pick pikachu and pichu have pichu get the scope shoot or whatever it's called run out of ammo then walk up as close as you can to pikachu from behide as he ducks and start shooting

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
oh mah gawd. just watched mofo vs. hax. i take back what i said about ness.
yes that was the one. now you know!
I don't say pichu is better than ness becaus eI don't know ness inside and out. I know when to STFU.

No you're thinking of pikachu seriously you are. go to training mode pick pikachu and pichu have pichu get the scope shoot or whatever it's called run out of ammo then walk up as close as you can to pikachu from behide as he ducks and start shooting
i don't think you understand the concept of a censorship

it means there was a very bad word that was filtered out

there are more than guns that go up pichu's ***

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You're pretty sick to be watching pichu like that.

why would you stalk pichu like that?

But pichu vs puff is seriously like a 20-80 match-up. should be changed

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
In my honest opinion, I also think Pichu is better than Roy.
LOL no

Go watch Sethlon, **** NEO.

The fact that Roy has a sword, a real grab, and a good dash dance automatically makes him better then the entirety of the bottom tier.
Prolly dash dance to forward b > most of bottom tier.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
roy's matchups with good characters are much better than pichu's

and his matchups with bad characters are probably better too
I dont know.. man Ganon/Roy is as bad as Ganon/Pichu. =P There's no way in hell a Ganon will lose to Roy. Sethlon got 3-4 stocked by me every single time. lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
who do you count as good? I only count 4 charcters. you're full of yourself if you say forward B> any charcter is pretty extreme. Also bowser's side-B is pretty good and if G&W's metagame was totally centered around side-B that would be funny and pretty good I guess. XD d/up-tilt/d-throw, up-smash to side-B spam.

I'm pretty sure pichu does better vs gannondorf maybe it's just me but projectiles and a great recovery helps. Plus ducking under jabs and grabs is helpful. As long as you keep moving and don't use a move he can punish once hit even if he sheilds you're alright. Just take your time and ban YS so he can't caught you(POKE'MON).

didn't see kage post I was playing with a cat as I posted so it took a long time.

None Shall Pass

Smash Apprentice
LOL no

Go watch Sethlon, **** NEO.
I'm assuming you missed my previous post? Sethlon was mentioned first for a reason, he's notable.

Roy still has horrendous fall speed, doesn't have any adequate tools for spacing or keeping opponents out of his safe zone, and have you tried recovering?

Granted, Pichu is pretty bad. Roy for 3rd worst then?

roy's matchups with good characters are much better than pichu's

and his matchups with bad characters are probably better too
Hmm.

Since this is coming from you, it's probably correct.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ness vs hax was pretty fun to watch but wasn't that great of a set.

hax didn't do basic stuff like fh uair/knee/aerial oos whenever mofo fullhop faired over him.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
who do you count as good? I only count 4 charcters. you're full of yourself if you say forward B> any charcter is pretty extreme. Also bowser's side-B is pretty good and if G&W's metagame was totally centered around side-B that would be funny and pretty good I guess. XD d/up-tilt/d-throw, up-smash to side-B spam.

I'm pretty sure pichu does better vs gannondorf maybe it's just me but projectiles and a great recovery helps. Plus ducking under jabs and grabs is helpful. As long as you keep moving and don't use a move he can punish once hit even if he sheilds you're alright. Just take your time and ban YS so he can't caught you(POKE'MON).

didn't see kage post I was playing with a cat as I posted so it took a long time.
You never played me, so.. how can you know Ganon's full potential? =)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You must've missed the part when I originally posted Sethlon being the most notable Roy?

Roy still has horrendous fall speed, doesn't have any adequate tools for spacing or keeping opponents out of his safe zone, and have you tried recovering?

Granted, Pichu
roy has a few moves he can stop SHFFLed approach. his spaceing tools aren't too bad look at his WD, DD and junk. also use B more if you're getting CC ***** d-tilt isn't bad for beating CCs either. I've been playing a lot of roy dittos lately and I basically spam the ssafer moves DD grab, d-tilt, and SH B or sh 2nd jump to something. I ruin their CC game till I can do whatever I can fair if I wanted then I go off kills. normally up-throw : P

He's just extremely limited in the air doesn't make him totally worthless

You never played me, so.. how can you know Ganon's full potential? =)
I've never played a pichu better than lori's how can I know pichu's true potential? no he's hella slow it's not hard to avoid him on KJ64. yeah I'm pretty gay.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Try to f*** around vs a good roy player it won't work I git 4 stocked by ripple by laughing at the fact he used roy and CCed everything I got *****. Yeah I learned not to laugh at people for who they main unless it's ness. wait roy is ***** hardcore by sheik, ice climbers, gannon, marth, then ***** just hard by like puff, and i'd expect samus/peach and i'm pretty sure space naimals are debateable but in the end they still win even if they teat him like marth with just no fair worth using.

then pichu is just hardcore ***** by peach/sheik/ice climbers but I think sheik is the most dealable with any more then pichu has problems with marios (play it trust me if you want to win you'll have to d*** near time out but what's funny is how you outrange luigi/dr. mario with d-tilt) then other match-ups are like 20-80 but really I feel like those are more bareable than you'd think I don't know I love fighting people who have meat walls like puff/marth/gannon/roy becaus eyou can slowly tear them down and get your hits.

don't know 20-80 match-ups are winable within reaosn I think.

roy suffers a little worse in some places I guess.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Maybe numbers would work better if they were based on a single stock match.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea how bout that advantage system lol.

Or Icy....just talk with a few of hte ppl u think are smart ninjas and come up with a definition for those numbers. It was the biggest problem, nobody knew what the numbers meant and therefore couldnt possibly finish a MU chart.

1 give meaning to the numbers
2 revise MUs already done
3 finish chart.
4 success

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
the problem with going off of stocks is it takes stages out of of the problem. puff on JK64 and DL64 vs fox is different. or links on YS YS or PS chnges the MU completlely then if you try to count all the stage with the stock system it becomes even more theory based then whatever we're doing now

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
PP has always been good at that matchup, moreso then pretty much any Falco.

He is the 2010 Forward.

None Shall Pass, I'm not sure how you think Roy has terrible spacing if his sword is basically the same in length compared to Marth's and he can dash dance camp just as good as Marth lol.

Roy is bad since he sucks at racking up damage (only a few moves actually lead into anything and it's character dependent), struggles to get the kill most of the time (he can only combo into a KOing move at certain %s on certain characters), and crouch canceling completely destroys the one good setup he has (dtilt).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

He is the 2010 Forward.

None Shall Pass, I'm not sure how you think Roy has terrible spacing if his sword is basically the same in length compared to Marth's and he can dash dance camp just as good as Marth lol.

Roy is bad since he sucks at racking up damage (only a few moves actually lead into anything and it's character dependent), struggles to get the kill most of the time (he can only combo into a KOing move at certain %s on certain characters), and crouch canceling completely destroys the one good setup he has (dtilt).
I think he was referring to usable range. the tips are terrible to trade with.

I just don't see roys tipper anything to be all that worthy of the title "range"

None Shall Pass

Smash Apprentice

He is the 2010 Forward.

roy seems okay in the first 30 seconds of the match

but then you realize he's not okay when you're on your last stock and you still haven't killed your opponent and he's at 900 %
Therefore, these 'tools' you're suggesting Roy has for good spacing become irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom