• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
What's a Pichu? Real talk why are we talking about Pichu? That's ICG's job.... Let him waste his time with all that. Not us lol

Doc King

Smash Lord
The matchup between Marth and Fox should be 70:30 cause Marth can juggle spacies very easy and can get the tip pretty easy. Also the Ken Combo and edge guarding tools can leave them hopeless for recovery.

Pi

Smash Hero
The matchup between Marth and Fox should be 70:30 cause Marth can juggle spacies very easy and can get the tip pretty easy. Also the Ken Combo and edge guarding tools can leave them hopeless for recovery.
You're fairly new to this community, you're gonna have to trust the matchup's that have already been discussed. If you want to know -why- they have been determined to be that ratio, then feel free to ask, but you can also look back in the thread, though it's not really organized.

Violence

Smash Lord
What is this, 2006?

samus is a good character ._. (not to say puff isn't, but I feel like people keep thinking she's garbage)
****yeahsamus.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Just throwing out what I think to get this discussion on the right tracks again (not saying anything of this is right, just my thoughts):

IC 45-55 Falcon
IC 35-65 Fox
IC 60-40 Sheik
IC 45-55 Falco
IC 50-50 Marth
IC 45-55 Puff
IC 30-70 Peach

Ganon 40-60 Falcon
Ganon 45-55 Fox
Ganon 40-60 Sheik
Ganon 40-60 Falco
Ganon 40-60 Marth
Ganon 45-55 Puff
Ganon 45-55 Peach

inditled

Smash Apprentice
i think it would be in falcon's favor.
falcon can get around ICs with platforms
0-to nana death combo
platform camping falcons (espically on stages like kongojungle64)

ICs have a dthrow dtilt
they combo falcon fairly well
they can keep up with falcon on the ground
sopo can tech chase xD

i still think its 50/50

Impp

Smash Ace
IC's are weird. They have pretty even match ups against the top tiers, but start losing once you get down to the high tiers, and upper middle tiers.
Like I'd say
IC's go
45-55 vs Fox
50-50 vs Falco
45-55 vs Jiggs

55-45 vs Sheik
40-60 vs Marth

30-70 vs Peach
40-60 vs Falcon

30-70 vs Ganon
35-65 vs Samus
I got no clue after that.

I'll elaborate on my match-ups if anything seems too off by anyone.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
IC's are weird. They have pretty even match ups against the top tiers, but start losing once you get down to the high tiers, and upper middle tiers.
Like I'd say
IC's go
45-55 vs Fox
50-50 vs Falco
45-50 vs Jiggs

55-45 vs Sheik
40-60 vs Marth

30-70 vs Peach
40-60 vs Falcon

30-70 vs Ganon
35-65 vs Samus
I got no clue after that.

I'll elaborate on my match-ups if anything seems too off by anyone.
how is icy 45-50 jiggs? is it 45 to 55. hmm ganon so high?

ganon kind of wrecks ICs

at least 60-40

his wall just pushes ICs too much and lets him have too much stage control for ICs to get those grabs in without taking too many risks

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
@rhan-Id say m2 at low to mid percents doesnt have anything special to punish rests. Downsmash isnt that strong and upsmash is aight. fsmash is garb. if they arent in upthrow kill percentage you gotta make something up. I guess pummel to downthrow to fair but still not ****.

Pichu with a full charged fsmash or a charged skullbash isnt ****?????? pk flash or full charged bat with ness isnt strong.

I actually dont recall the bat strength. ness is trash.
coming in way late on this but the F-smash fully charged does 27% damage. on a low level % Puff you want to tack on damage and that's the best way to do it. fully charge that ****. :laugh: :bee: also it kills a sleeping puff @ like 120%ish or so i don't remember.

also Ganon trounces the ICs. 70-30 easy. they do better against Marth for cripes sake. :laugh:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
coming in way late on this but the F-smash fully charged does 27% damage. on a low level % Puff you want to tack on damage and that's the best way to do it. fully charge that ****. :laugh: :bee: also it kills a sleeping puff @ like 120%ish or so i don't remember.

also Ganon trounces the ICs. 70-30 easy. they do better against Marth for cripes sake. :laugh:
at low percent zaps down throw d tilt fair.should exceed 27. should be close to 40. with no dtilt you can break 27 with two pummels down throw fair.

takes less time than charging a smash. but tipper fresh f smash does 20-27 if charged. but its an option

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon 40-60 Falcon: Ya, Probably something like that.. Both can 0-death each other but Falcon just has more tools than Ganon and has more speed in general. Also grab combos are nuts.

Ganon 45-55 Fox: I think it's more like 40-60 for Fox, Fox is just so **** good and hard to punish. Lots of speed and priority, easy baiting and easy edgeguards.

Ganon 40-60 Sheik: Again more speed and priority.

Ganon 40-60 Falco: It's tough because Falco has very nice pressure combos and mix-ups.. also lasers are sometimes hard to deal with depending on how they are used. If not then Falco will just get easily punished and edgeguarding him off stage is generally easy. Ganon can CG Falco also Fox if DI is guessed correctly. Ganon can for sure also pressure Falco with counter-attacks.

Ganon 40-60 Marth: I don't agree, this match-up is probably even.. A style of Ganon like mine has defeated every Marth in a set in the world. So that means I think Ganon can do really well in the matchup. With the right baits Ganon can shield stab Marth pretty easily and can outspace him with the right guess... he is easily comboable. The other way around it's true Marth is kinda fast and can space aerials well too. He also has an easy edgeguard against Ganon, pretty much no matter how he recovers Marth can spike him with the right guess off stage easily. Marth has good combo mix-ups too on Ganon which can be annoying... since it's hard to guess the DI. Other than that if Ganon stays grounded, it's really hard for Marth to get in, like using poke jab, downtilts and ftilts is nice. Pretty much that.

Ganon 45-55 Puff: I agree, Ganon can space Jiggs quite well. However one simple mistake can lead to a rest. Also Jiggs can edgeguard Ganon off stage so easily. The on-stage battle though I would give the advantage to Ganon. Also it's stage dependant this match-up, it's kinda close.

Ganon 45-55 Peach: I think so too.. it's hard to space against Peach I find.

I think it's like 65-35 Ganon-ICs.. because it's very hard for them to get a successful chain throw going on because of the wall of pain Ganon can do. With my experience, I felt it was really easy to pressure ICs and kill Nana really quickly or separate them. Though one mistake can be a stock too it's tough to get it.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
The warrior hath spoken =D

Actually, this is pretty similar to my original post, surprisingly. I just had falcon-ganon as 55-45, and sheik-ganon as 65-35. Make both 60-40, lookin' like kage :D

Btw kage... you beat m2k? Or does he just go sheik vs you

Zoler

Smash Ace
I never thought the numbers I threw out was this close to the truth (according to THE WARRIOR) XD I've not seen a lot of Marth vs Ganon but what you wrote Kage seem to make sense, tho still feels like Marth may have an advantage, but I'm probably wrong ^^

I forgot about the Ganon vs ICs matchup, well as what I've seen from it I think it's Ganon 65-35 ICs (I feel it's not quite as bad as the Peach vs ICs matchup).

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The warrior hath spoken =D

Actually, this is pretty similar to my original post, surprisingly. I just had falcon-ganon as 55-45, and sheik-ganon as 65-35. Make both 60-40, lookin' like kage :D

Btw kage... you beat m2k? Or does he just go sheik vs you
His marth ya but never his Sheik lol. But it would be stupid to put himself at a disavantage by choosing an easier matchup against me.

I never thought the numbers I threw out was this close to the truth (according to THE WARRIOR) XD I've not seen a lot of Marth vs Ganon but what you wrote Kage seem to make sense, tho still feels like Marth may have an advantage, but I'm probably wrong ^^

I forgot about the Ganon vs ICs matchup, well as what I've seen from it I think it's Ganon 65-35 ICs (I feel it's not quite as bad as the Peach vs ICs matchup).
If Marth has an advantage it would be like 51-49, 52-48.

And I don't really know the Peach/ICs match-up so I can't really judge.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
His marth ya but never his Sheik lol. But it would be stupid to put himself at a disavantage by choosing an easier matchup against me.

If Marth has an advantage it would be like 51-49, 52-48.

And I don't really know the Peach/ICs match-up so I can't really judge.
You play Vwins really often don't you? How do you not know the match up?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Dthrow --> Dtilt is a mew2 combo on jiggs? Say what?
most of the time its d throw into fair. but m2 staple combos work on floaties moderately well.

percent should be hella low for the tilt but di influences it too. plus there are mix ups at different percent ranges.

jiggz probably won't get tilted unless they di for it. they might if they are trying to survive a missed rest.

I think puff and weegy are hardest to combo then peach or marth based on how fast they combo recover.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
doc kills earlier than that iirc

but yeah that's the gist of it

doc's pills are also supposed to be good because they bounce high i think?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i don't really think that match ups that even, cuz even though doc has a combo that kills early, how are docs supposed to reliably get grabs on a jiggly puff? and pills are pretty useful vs puff, there really great to approach with you just follow your pills, wait for puff to either attack a pill, block a pill, get hit by a pill, or dodge the pill and then react accordingly lol

kpm91

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if this has been addressed already, but is Falcon vs Peach really 60-40? I'm more inclined to say that it's even at best.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
The pills have better defense and offense than Mario's fireballs in the Jiggs matchup. The pills force Jiggs to have to react to the pills in some form. Jiggs has to roll around them, jump over them, or attack them. She can also run under or duck under the hopped pills. With Mario's fireballs going low 24/7, Jiggs is always safe to jump over the fireballs without ever needing to attack while jumping since the projectile will not intercept her in the air.

As far as gettin' grabs on Puff, it's not that bad for Doc as long as Doc has the right offense on Jiggs and can force Jiggs to shield at all. Except that Jiggs can bait or react to a grab with a crouch to Rest. (Yes, that's right... Jiggs CAN crouch under Doc's grab and then Rest him.)

Jiggs' b-air is really good vs Doc though. It has amazing shield pressure if it's spaced right. Jiggs can't really get grabbed for spacing b-airs on Doc's shield. The b-air outranges all of Doc's airs. and it's not that bad for Jiggs' to get in on a pill by b-airing it and then closing space on Doc since Doc's pill animation can't be cancelled and lasts 43 frames.

The match up feels evenish. I'd give it 55-45 to Jiggs because:
1) Jiggs' b-air > all of Doc's aerials
2) Jiggs recovery >>> Doc's recovery
3) Of course Jiggs' has better edgeguarding on Doc than the vice versa

Ganon 40-60 Falcon: Ya, Probably something like that.. Both can 0-death each other but Falcon just has more tools than Ganon and has more speed in general. Also grab combos are nuts.

Ganon 45-55 Puff: I agree, Ganon can space Jiggs quite well. However one simple mistake can lead to a rest. Also Jiggs can edgeguard Ganon off stage so easily. The on-stage battle though I would give the advantage to Ganon. Also it's stage dependant this match-up, it's kinda close.

Ganon 45-55 Peach: I think so too.. it's hard to space against Peach I find.
I can agree with these three matchups:
Ganon vs:
Falcon 40-60
Puff 45-55
Peach 45-55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom