• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Master and Apprentice: The Game

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Thanks for the remarkable insight into the current discussion. I wish there were thousands of you running around so everyone in the world could be serviced by you. I mean seriously, who would have thought of using wifi to play other players? It seems almost genius. Thanks djb :)

Anyway, EA's pretty much got it right. Except for talking face to face. I would say punch them in the face. Also, this isn't restricted to just a general get better process. It could be used as a method to work out a specific character matchup by learning the character from someone who mains it. For example, a Diddy main could teach another player his strengths, weaknesses and important facts. While you can learn this from a character board, learning it in person is much more fun and, as EA said, social. You could even have a player particularly good in a certain character hosting a meet for improving other players characters. I didn't even know that Wolf's walk and run speed were so ******** similar until Ted was showing people it at EA's. I love learning interesting little facts about characters that most people wouldn't know.

Just throwing ideas out. Ultimately, the success of this isn't up to me.

I LAG

Smash Lord
having someone teaching you a character is really good and it helps you get alot better alot faster. its soooooooo hard trying to play metaknight WHEN THERE ARE NO METAKNIGHT MAINS IN AUSTRALIA!!! to help you.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
afaik there is in Queensland

EDIT: I_LAG, I find it funny that we still haven't played a decent match.

I LAG

Smash Lord
i know there is amaterasu but i haven't even seen him once. summoner i find it funny how i haven't played a decent match with like everyone but like 10 people. every tourney and meet i play the same people for some reason.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just go up to them and ask ilag, I'd play you if you asked me.

this is an intresting idea but suffers from a few good problems, being
1. we dont have a good person for every main character
2. the "pro's" arnt really that far ahead of everyone
3. scene is too small and not enough people
4. if 3 wasnt bad enough, we all live too far apart for it to be practical
5. wifi is gay

contratry to what you think ted this doesnt happen in act, sure I meet all the guys at least once a week and play but since none of them play snake theres not really much I can show them.

I'd be willing to do this though but I live so far away from all of you and my internet at home is broke so no msn for me for the time being.

I LAG

Smash Lord
luke i do ask them but most of the time they take too long and i end up playing someone else who asks me to play or i ask someone else who isn't playing anyone. Luke i would ask you to play me but i HATE SNAKE! and i dont find it fun being camped and dying early coz then i get all sad and dont play well. and dying early just makes me sooo pissed and makes me want to pick up d3 or snake.

I LAG

Smash Lord
no, when i play him in a tourney i will surprise him with my grab and nado spam and i will play wifi snakes coz i dont mind playing snakes on wifi

C~Dog

Smash Champion
So....

You want to learn a matchup, but dont like playing a good main of that character, so instead you will learn from someone not a good, on wifi?

*facepalm*

I LAG

Smash Lord
yep :)

i am never going to learn the snake match up
but like atm i think i got a decent strat against snake
if the stage is SV i will dash grab luke because he ALWAYS pulls a nade out at the start then d-throw > d-throw/ fair depending on DI and Airdodge and stuff and then i basically just fair snake to death. so basically i just grab spam until my mk is on like 70% and then the snake is wanting to tilt me more than camp me so i just air camp and bait those tilts and spot dodges and nado spam back.

Browny

Smash Hater
but i HATE SNAKE! and i dont find it fun being camped and dying early coz then i get all sad and dont play well.
Have you ever thought what it feels like to play against an MK every single match? You're hardly in a position to complain lol.

I LAG

Smash Lord
well i dont really mind playing mks with mk and i never minded playing american mks with wolf.
but i have always hated snake and falco
but falco is no longer a threat thanks to gopo helping me learn that match up

Splice

Smash Hero
My new strategy against Snake: Don't get utilted
Summoner just became the best at Vsing Snake players in Australia. Snake also just went down to F tier thanks to this new and amazing strategy/AT. I am totally using this.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
well i dont really mind playing mks with mk and i never minded playing american mks with wolf.
but i have always hated snake and falco
but falco is no longer a threat thanks to gopo helping me learn that match up
T_T

Doesnt matter i dont use falco anymore.
Anyone who does use falco, i lag always jumps just above your shdl range and continuously dairs so you cant approach and when he runs out of jumps, he torandoes.
Works too good on me T_T

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol you do realise ilag that if you asked shaya to teach you how to gimp snake (wont take very long to learn) then if you knock snake off the level below 50% its almost garunteed you'll gimp him for the kill, so dont be complaining about no 70% kill, metaknight is #1 for a reason.

but I'll play other chars against you if you want I'm just not really good with anyone.

also nix has it right, kirbys bair is godly

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the Australia boards 'heywes', i'm not sure if theres actually a place to sign up, seems pretty unofficial atm, and i think summoner was just seeing what people thought about it first. Who do you main?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
fair.

10fairs

DAMMIT, WHY IS EA STILL LOGGED ON TO THIS LAPTOP?

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
When u say fair is your friend... do u mean i should use it alot, coz like, bair seems to have better range and ends faster (only just), but doesnt have a hitbox out as long. i've been saving fair for kills/punishing mainly, coz its like an aerial fsmash.

edit: also using fairs for gimping and stuff or when the situation calls for it, not just avoiding using it to keep it fresh.
edit: also, generally, if i have to run a short distance to grab someone, but it's possible i might whiff, is it better to shield cancel grab or dash grab?

Top Bottom