• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Master and Apprentice: The Game

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
I can use more than one char!!

3chars!

brawl jiggs seems alright, dies ridiculously early tho :(. i think she'll prolly move out of F-tier at some point. wish sing was more useful tho. Doesn't she have like.. an alright match-up with metalame?.

Browny

Smash Hater
brawl jiggs is ok :p

spam spaced bair and pound all day, with a few nairs and dashgrabs (ALWAYS DTHROW) with fair to KO... about 5 times coz it NEVER KO's FRESH. OMFG its irritating how people seem to always survive... unlike a certain utilt we all know and hate >_<

I srsly think Jiggs is alright. Not mid tier or anything, but doesnt belong in bottom tier. Its just that her matchups vs some top tiers are beyond ********...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I wouldn't say use it alot. I dunno, I just use it ;-;

Guys, I don't even think this when I'm playing I just do it. I think more along the lines of "Make them get here, don't jump into that etc" Pity the "don't jump into that" isn't screamed.

Also, I think fair has more range than bair.

Ask me these things when I'm in smash mode ;-;

FFFF, THIS DIDN'T LOG OUT. SUMMONER HERE. EA IS A LOSER

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
So what your telling me is, "channel me, and you'll be pro" :p

Get into smash mode newb and answer my questionz. I needta beable to have polkamon battlez :laugh:

current questions (about jiggs):
1.) What throws do you use mostly (DJ said to always dthrow, jiggs boards say bthrow is win).
2.) Generally, if i have to run a short distance to grab someone, but it's possible i might whiff, is it better to shield cancel grab or dash grab?
3.) What other cool gameplay/mixup things are good?

I can find most the theory out and counterpicks and stuff by using the boards and my brainz, but any sort of realisation you've had from gameplay experience would be cool to know, haha. Get mentoring summoner and show everyone how its done :p.

Some sort of mixup thing that seemed to work when i was jiggs (for the example ill be chose a direction, but can obviously be done in both directions):
When i had space and both people were stalling or the other person was baiting. I'd jump left, whilst in the air, rollout, b-reversal it, then let go before the dust cloud appears... and roll straight at them. If the opponent isn't paying close enough attention, they won't notice the b-reversal, and would be expecting you to have to roll left... and then right.
To make it slightly more confusing (maybe) earlier in the game, in the same situation (if the opponent is on not kill %'ages or sometihng) u can not b-reversal it and instead, go left->right->left and grab the ledge. It worked like twice in 10 games. If this is already something people do then, i'm sad. what a long boring story that was, i'm sorry :(.

Browny

Smash Hater
err, are you talking about jiggs or in general?

shield cancelled dash grabs are always better unless you are metaknight. come out faster, safer on whiff, chance of PS'ing an attack and grabbing instead of taking the hit and landing the grab via grab armour...

and I said always dthrow because of the animation :p Its like falcons dtaunt... you just have to do it!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
dthrows animation is pretty sexy.

Fiiiiine.

1) I use most throws except dthrow. Bthrow is probably the best for getting off stage. fthrow is like bthrow but I think people can DI better or something. uthrow is useful for getting people into the air and below them. Generally, when I uthrow, I'll either bait an airdodge, go for a bair chain and on some characters (like dedede) go for an uair > rest and things along those lines. Oh yeah, fthow can be safe against icies as the throw hitbox is likely to hit both of them. Just do it really fast(or for laughs, grab popo and bthrow him and then grab nana and bthrow her. Poor EA)

2) depending on the timing and distance. I'd probably try to go for a reverse pivot grab just because it looks incredibly sexy and her pivot grab is amazing. You should play around with dair > nair > to grab against a person shielding. I think if you do it right you can get a grab but that just might be people's reaction times coming into play.

3) nair sour can combo into things. A favourite of mine is predicting a spotdodge and nair > grab or even sexier reverse sour nair > rest. I think Wario can be bair chained along the ground. bair on shields and DIing through them is pretty awesome too. I'm pretty sure a pound, a dair and then a rest will either shield poke or break the shield. If you're playing a tether character (like ZSS lol) predict a tether and dash off the edge and time a fair to hit them in the tether lag(?). Pound is pretty awesome at punishing any sort of dodge. You don't want to be above someone as jiggs in most cases, she has a hole behind and below her where she can't do anything. Nair/Fair/Dair/Bair will stop most uncharged projectiles, I remember something about Lucario's charged aura sphere being stopped before he hits 90% or something like that. dair > rest only works if they trip but because dair has like no real knockkback until 127% or something, hitting them in the upper half of their body will sometimes cause a trip. If you work out that people are paranoided about being drilled rested just grab them as the hold shield when you dair them. Resting snake out of Cypher is pretty sexy, it's even sexier if you get hit out of rest by the cypher but I doubt that'll happen often. You can PS > rest Snake's DACUS but I always **** it up (it also has the added bonus of giving 20% knockback or something which will kill snake at....87 88? something like that). MK dies from rest at 64% I believe and pound is pretty lol against MK. An amazingly sexy trick is resting people out of multi hit attacks (see Diddy's dashattack/usmash, most jab combos) and slow, easy to see moves (falcon punch, warlock punch, bowser's fsmash), this only works if the hitbox is within the hurtbox of the character. You'll be wanting to learn the general rest percentages and such. Water canceled rest is pretty awesome. Brinstar in general is pretty awesome. Rest people out of the acid hitstun. On battlefield, the platform height and the percentage rest kills on is like 1.00 > 0.8 >0.69 or somethime. Don't ever use dtilt, ever. Or dsmash. Better yet, just don't touch the ground. Pretend it's lava or something. If you get them offstage, GIMP THAT ****ER. Nair and fair come in handy here with bair and dair still being useful. Rollout is okay, I guess. Sometimes people get hit by it. Use bananas to set up for a rest or to even cancel rest on them. Nair is extremely useful in controlling armour pieces at the start of a ZSS match. I actually fair'd a Gordo and escaped unharmed somehow. It was pretty ****ed. Utilt kills before usmash does. uair combos into ground moves at low percentages. Shine is ****ed, if you can rest they can generally shine. bair chain to fair is pretty awesome. If you're at the start of the match, a drill rest can generally do more damage than what will be dealt during the lag. Your milage may vary with that though. Jiggs' DACUS is pretty cool.

That's all I can think of for now.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
lol, Summoner, so epic, hahaha. thankyou!! post that on the Jiggs boards or something. Also u could put that in the first post to give an example of how awesome people can be with their advice. ty again <3 :laugh:!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Well personally I feel that Summonerkun posting on my account is quite questionable.

heywes

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Australia boards 'heywes', i'm not sure if theres actually a place to sign up, seems pretty unofficial atm, and i think summoner was just seeing what people thought about it first. Who do you main?
Hello nice too meet you :)

Im a Link main. As rare as they are, we do exist. I can use Pit and MK aswell, but my main focus is Link despite how **** he is :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sorry EA, my apprentice is technically Toby, who's apprentice is Liam.

Like, glad to read you're into Smash64, but I haven't really played it in years.

Maybe you should try becoming Liam's apprentice?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'm sorry EA, I didn't mean to post under your name.

I did mean to change your title though <3

If people seriously want to go through with this, organise Master/Apprentice pairings amoungst yourselves, I'll just organise the tourney eventually.

Pirate: I could probably show you some things I've overlooked, just hit me up next time you see me. I'll probably the guy walking around with a Wiimote + Nunchuk around my neck incase you haven't seen me before (pretty sure you have)

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Will do Summoner, and yeah, im pretty sure i know who u are. i was at EA's meet, i'm that lame guy with the stupid hair and jacket *nod*.

@heywes, he's not all ****, i'd say only about 85% :p. swordsaint(forum name)/scoot/scott has a pretty good Link, i'm not sure if anyone else mains him though, i'm sure they'l respond here if they do, but you should hit him up for some pointers, also he loves wifi, so if you've got that he'll prolly play some games with you :D.

heywes

Smash Rookie
bottom tier second last spot. we are bad. I do haz WiFi. I will be on it tomorrow, but brawl wifi makes me sad :(

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Im bored now, i should play some level 7 computers who are somewhat more human than level 9 computers who always perfect shield....

Im very sad. Someone host meet plox...

heywes

Smash Rookie
Im bored now, i should play some level 7 computers who are somewhat more human than level 9 computers who always perfect shield....

Im very sad. Someone host meet plox...
level 6 game&watch is the most human computer O.o

level 6 falco likes to act like a level 9

computers are funniah :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I like how scoot made a joke that was insulting himself ;)

Toby i'll teach u how to play pokemon trainer, coz imo, your having a little trouble :p
this is blasmephy!

GUYS, GANON IS WHERE IT'S AT. STOMP ALL DAI.
this is law

so heywes, your from wollongong right?
theres 3 other wollongong players that should live near you but they are all out of practice and dont play much but they're cool, PlanetStereo - plays marth and snake, Jamus - Link and D3, Tkls - G&W

tkls hasnt been heard from in a long time, probably dead or something.

anyways if you can make it down to canberra sometime I'd highly recommend it, we have a smasher called scabe (plays wifi, heres his profile http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=144993) and is hands down the best link main I've ever seen, when he plays properly he can go even with me, and I'm a snake main (and a good one at that ;) )

wait until he gets some good tourney exp, he'll **** all you guys up

heywes

Smash Rookie
Sounds good, i will take a bit more of a look in the morning, sleepy now.

Zero

Smash Hero
Guys, XAT sucks.

Join #ausmash on irc.rizon.net

Download the Chatzilla extension for Firefox.\

IRC > XAT

anyways if you can make it down to canberra sometime I'd highly recommend it, we have a smasher called scabe (plays wifi, heres his profile http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=144993) and is hands down the best link main I've ever seen, when he plays properly he can go even with me, and I'm a snake main (and a good one at that ;) )
He also owns EA in crews :D

Zero

Smash Hero
Sure you're on the right channel?

#ausmash, no double s, on irc.rizon.net

Summoner, Ganondorf (THE ONE AND ONLY) and myself are there.

Top Bottom