• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
SPEAKING OF Earth DLC, the Weekend Challenge is for 800,000 parties that have at least ONE member using an Earth DLC character get an Extraction. If the goal's met the basic pack thing, blah blah, but for every party involved, there's a pack you get that is GUARANTEED to contain an Earth DLC character that you don't have unlocked. And apparently it's just something else super rare if you have them all.

It can be done on any difficulty I believe, but the Extraction Time has been increased by 30-45 seconds (I heard variants but around that time) for the last Event failing. So yeah...I'm going to be using my Demolisher when I play anyway so this will probably be pretty easy to get, and if anybody on PSN is going to be looking for trying to get it, then I'll be playing a good bit, probably.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Are you sure? Because I went into Gold Monday night with a Widow V with the AP mod on (at level 3) and I'm 99% sure it was NOT piercing those shields... :urg:
With an AP mod it would definately pierce those shields regardless of whether or not it had build in armour piercing.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I just tried out the Krysae...

I cried D;

That decrease to the rate of fire just hurts deep inside. Not as much of an effective CC'er anymore, but I think it's still better than others. It's closer to an actual sniper rifle (w/ explosions) now.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Are you sure? Because I went into Gold Monday night with a Widow V with the AP mod on (at level 3) and I'm 99% sure it was NOT piercing those shields... :urg:
Were you shooting the edge of the shield? Because if you shoot the edge, then you're not going to hit anything because the edge of the shield isn't protecting any part of the guardian. You need to either aim for the head or torso.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I keep on getting level 4 ammo packs now. In all the premium spectre packs I bought last night I only got about 4 things, a BW 3 and some gear, that wasn't a level 4 ammo pack.

Anyway last night I realised that using my Kroguard, with a Stonghold Package 5, Cyclone Modulator 2 and level 4 Warp ammo, I can stand in front of a Cerberus Turret, fully reload my Reegar, and kill it in one clip before it takes my shield down. Also the Kroguard is oddly fast, and if you light melee he moves faster, so for the pizza delivery objective if you pick it up and continiously light melee you just fly towards the extraction zone.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yeah, I've been having a great time with Kroguard in Plat. Best tank-ish pal you could ask for.

Someone in the BW forums referred to him has the Krogambulance, lol. He does pretty well as a medic.

I know, right? A Krogan Medic? HA!

:phone:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
The barrier explosion is really friggen good at clearing an area, it gives you enough time to revive someone

I abuse the Hell out of it

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, just got a Destroyer last night. Probably going to go the AR + Shottie route with it, with the Shottie being either the Pirahna or the Reegar and the AR being the Revenant (since I don't have the Typhoon). I've heard "No missiles" in terms of build things, but what would you guys recommend for the whole point allocation thing?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I keep on getting level 4 ammo packs now. In all the premium spectre packs I bought last night I only got about 4 things, a BW 3 and some gear, that wasn't a level 4 ammo pack.

Anyway last night I realised that using my Kroguard, with a Stonghold Package 5, Cyclone Modulator 2 and level 4 Warp ammo, I can stand in front of a Cerberus Turret, fully reload my Reegar, and kill it in one clip before it takes my shield down. Also the Kroguard is oddly fast, and if you light melee he moves faster, so for the pizza delivery objective if you pick it up and continiously light melee you just fly towards the extraction zone.
Kroguard? What is this Kroguard you speak of??

Yeah, I've been having a great time with Kroguard in Plat. Best tank-ish pal you could ask for.

Someone in the BW forums referred to him has the Krogambulance, lol. He does pretty well as a medic.

I know, right? A Krogan Medic? HA!

Just you wait until I get home to a computer with Photoshop...

The barrier explosion is really friggen good at clearing an area, it gives you enough time to revive someone

I abuse the Hell out of it

I've been singing Barriers high praises for a long time now. And NOW you guys say something about it?! :glare:

/Murdertrain Hipster

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Is it weird that the first thing I noticed was you get a Drell Vanguard and that I was trying to figure out what class you were using in that 2nd picture?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So...one of my PSN friends has a Shadow now. He says he loves the class. He says he specced her 3/5/6/6/6. He also said he never uses Shadow Strike or Melee with her because he doesn't like it and prefers not to bother with Duration for Cloak. :urg:

Now to try and politely point out to him that he's doing it wrong...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, it's been like 15 hours, so I think that means I can post again without it being a double post?

I just got the Slayer last night and just tried to spec him randomly/quickly since I was in a group that had all already set theirs to ready and didn't want to keep them waiting too long. Since I have no idea what the proper way to spec him is and can only guess that one thing you'll want to do is spam Slash and do Phase Disruptor > Charge, anyone got any suggestions for a build after I get a re-spec card?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm still trying to find something where I like the Phase Disruptor...

I may only put 3 points into it. It has uses, like Stagger, but that's all.

Let me get back to you. I need to respec myself.

Also, that friend of yours botched his Shadow real bad.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm still trying to find something where I like the Phase Disruptor...

I may only put 3 points into it. It has uses, like Stagger, but that's all.

Let me get back to you. I need to respec myself.

Also, that friend of yours botched his Shadow real bad.

If it helps, I just went and checked and I specced mine 6/4/6/6/4, with things going like this:

Charge: 2 Targets/Biotic Synergy/Shields
Disruptor: Damage
Slash: Radius/Detonate/Range
Slayer Passive Power: Damage+Capacity/Power Damage/Weapon Damage
Fitness: Health+Shields

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Radius and range would probably be crazy on the slash. I like taking damage because pain.

I think I might go...

6/3/6/5/6

If you're REALLY planning on using the Disruptor, you need to go with shield regen.

Plus, I feel more comfy having shields on him since he's so effin' squishy. I'd take melee buffs, but I can put those on weapons and still do all right.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yeah, I really can't find any use for him that other classes can do better.

And his damage sucks.

Other classes have skills that kinda... work well together. His seems slapped on.

If only Phantoms sucked this hard.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Well, I personally think that the Paladin has some survivability due to ED and Incinerate; both of which are pretty good skills. He basically plays like a SE or SI, albeit very much less effective due to lack of Cloak bonuses or Decoy shenanigans. But, I have no idea how to use that shield effectively, lol, so that might play into something.

As a Slayer, you have the resilience of a twig (a teleporting twig! *whose teleporting is kinda clanky right now*), and you can't get much out of him. His PD takes a fair bit of time to get out, and I've gotten hit pretty hard during that time. Plus, it uses barrier - based entity knows why. As for Biotic Slash, it's nice for staggers and detonations. I really like this skill, but that's pretty much it.

He really doesn't need Biotic Charge, IMO. BC is usually good for taking out maybe 1-3 enemies (provided you have the back-up skills like Nova or Kroguard Melee), but since this guy is a twig with no thing to follow-up the charge with, it doesn't really help much. If I'm going to hit 'em with B.Slash from afar, why would I need Charge? Perhaps a variant that also restores barrier should be in order? Like the Vorcha Sentinel who doesn't have Tech Armor, maybe this class shouldn't need BC.

What I've found online is someone using BC -> light melee rampage, which is the only effective build I've tried because of the light melee invincibility frames. I focus on taking out single enemies or groups of maybe 2~4. However, it takes a while to kill something and melee targeting can be very annoying.

Either way, both these two classes are pretty bad right now. As always, more testing (and patching, I guess).

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah at least the Paladin can cause constant Fire Explosions and Cryo Explosions, and Snap Freeze has a great range.

Slayer can't really do anything but notice how much his power suck at flowing with each other.

EDIT:

Balance changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 31, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle
- Damage multiplier when fully ramped up decreased from [2.0x] to [1.5x]

N7 Indra Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [62.6-78.2] to [72.6-92.2]

Prothean Particle Beam Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [17.2-21.4] to [19.2-25.8]

Smash Power
- Base cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds

Devastator Mode Power
- Base rate of fire bonus decreased from 15% to 10%

Incinerate Power
- Base damage increased from 300 to 330

Carnage Power
- Base damage increased from 315 to 350

Pull
- Impact damage for all kits with pull is now 100 to match Asari Justicar
- Rank 3 duration bonus increased from 40% to 50%
- Evolve 1 duration bonus increased from 50% to 100%
- Evolve 2 radius bonus increased from 2m to 2.5m
- Evolve 3 lifted damage per second increased from 20 to 75
- Evolve 4 extra damage done to targets increased from 25% to 30%
- Evolve 5 biotic combo damage bonus increased from 50% to 75%
- Evolve 6 recharge bonus increased from 60% to 150%

Gold and Platinum Difficulties
- Enemy shield/barrier damage gates on weapon damage reduced from 100% to 90%, which
means 10% of the remaining weapon damage after impacting shields/barriers will pass
through to health.

Pull got a massive buff which makes no difference thanks to shields, shield gate got nerfed 10%, and everything else got nerfed or tiny buffs.

Still no Missile Launcher buff.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ohhh, the Hidden Message bit. THAT'S what I was trying to use instead of spoiler tags.

And unless I'm mistaken, this might be the first time the CPU has gotten a nerf of some kind since the game came out?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I hate that Smash got nerfed. Plus it seems like all dlc weapons will get nerfed eventually since that's all the BSN people complain about. We might as well stick with the Carnifex, Widow, Revenant, and Claymore.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Ugh. I thought we were supposed to get an N7 cahracter that we've never gotten before.

But no, I got another Destroyer, and my cousin got a second Demolisher, wtf, BW!?

All the bad-mannered players went to Gold.

Ragequits everywhere :[

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Really don't understand why they nerfed the Typhoon again. It was incredibly powerful yeah, but only on one character, and one character being able to use a weapon doesn't make that weapon broken.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Really don't understand why they nerfed the Typhoon again. It was incredibly powerful yeah, but only on one character, and one character being able to use a weapon doesn't make that weapon broken.

Well, why balance the AI and enemies and make new difficulties, when you can just make EVERYTHING harder by weakening the players?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Turns out that standing on an incline, positioning yourself above or below the enemy, makes you immune to sync-kills.

Hello Kroguard for Platinum that fears nothing and even easier Glacier matches.

Top Bottom