• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Turns out that standing on an incline, positioning yourself above or below the enemy, makes you immune to sync-kills.

Hello Kroguard for Platinum that fears nothing and even easier Glacier matches.

So wait, if you stand on a ramp above a Phantom, she can't shank you?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Really don't understand why they nerfed the Typhoon again. It was incredibly powerful yeah, but only on one character, and one character being able to use a weapon doesn't make that weapon broken.
Turian Soldier says "Hi".

Turns out that standing on an incline, positioning yourself above or below the enemy, makes you immune to sync-kills.

mood4food77

Smash Hero

MURDERTRAIN!!!!

get it right!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah here's the vid to see this in action: Click.

Also Livewire if you stand above a Phantom on a slope no she can't sync-kill you, but she can still shoot you/**** you with her sword. And Murdertrain is a different build, a melee build, I can't call my set up a train if it regularly stops and shoots.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah here's the vid to see this in action: Click.

Also Livewire if you stand above a Phantom on a slope no she can't sync-kill you, but she can still shoot you/**** you with her sword. And Murdertrain is a different build, a melee build, I can't call my set up a train if it regularly stops and shoots.
Touche.

It is a little more melee centric.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Once Rage gets fixed I might adjust my build but until then I'm ignoring melee.

Anyway turns out it does work on Platinum. Me, a friend, and a random just completed one on Glacier.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The awesome thing about this is that a bit ago I started 2 new Single Player imports for ME3 where I had Shepard as an Infiltrator in one and an Adept in the other. I haven't gotten off Mars yet with either so that means I can enjoy all the new weapons a lot of the way through.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I was thinking about switching to some other class in Sp just because Vanguard has some horrible stuff, lol.

I like new SP content, though. I miss my Shep.

:phone:

Funny you should say that because I'm actually nearing the end of a Vanguard playthrough now. But that's partly because my first one was Soldier due to importing my ME2 one where I was like "I need an Assault Rifle, hell no to being another class" and then just went Sentinel and changed things for the one I use with my Vanguard one.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So some info on future DLC from Chris Priestly:

That said, we are working on some very cool downloadable story based single player content. In these DLCs there will certainly be elements that will effect the end of the game. As Mike Gamble already said, depending on what you do in Leviathan there will be new dialog with the Catalyst at the end of the game. These sorts of elements are definitely possible for future DLC as well.
Also Bioware asked us for input on balance changes:

Just to clarify a few things on the recent N7 Typhoon balance changes...

We've done a lot of internal tests on the N7 Typhoon comparing it to other assault rifles and other weapons, and even with the recent nerf it is still incredibly powerful. One of the reasons for this is that the weapon has an inherit 50% damage bonus versus armor, shields, and barriers. This far outclasses other weapons in terms of damage bonuses against resistances. The Revenant, for example, does not get this bonus and does regular damage to armor, shields, and barriers.

As always, we'll keep an eye on the balance of the N7 Typhoon, but if you have the weapon please test it out in game against different enemies to see how it feels. The numbers can often be deceiving so it's difficult to tell how effective a weapon is on paper.
Edit:

I just remembered, ODIN, the Typhoon isn't good for the Turian Soldier either thanks to its ramp up, which means the Turian will lose the power of it once he gets staggered, and he wont be able to use his Proxies very well with it. The Destoyer is immune to stagger so the Typhoon was basically his weapon only.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hidden multipliers revealed:

Resistance Damage Multipliers

Every weapon and power has a hidden damage multiplier on the 3 resistance types (Armor, Barriers, and Shields). Most of these are 100%, meaning they do normal damage to that resistance type. A value of 50% means half damage to that resistance type, and a value of 200% means double damage. Below are the multipliers for some of our weapons and powers.

Weapons

Acolyte Pistol (Armor=100%, Barrier=500%, Shields=500%)
Krysae Sniper Rifle (Armor=150%, Barrier=100%, Shields=100%)
M-358 Talon Pistol (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=150%)
N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle (Armor=150%, Barrier=150%, Shields=150%)
Reegar Carbine Shotgun (Armor=50%, Barrier=200%, Shields=200%)

All other weapons not listed here have a value of (Armor=100%, Barrier=100%, Shields=100%)

Powers

Annihilation Field (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=150%, Shields=100%)
Arc Grenade (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=200%, Shields=200%)
Barrier Detonation (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=100%)
Biotic Charge (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=100%)
Biotic Slash (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=150%, Shields=100%)
Carnage (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=50%, Shields=50%)
Cluster Grenade (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=100%)
Concussive Shot (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=400%, Shields=100%)
Dark Channel (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=200%, Shields=50%)
Electric Slash (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=150%)
Energy Drain (Base against organics) (Armor=50%, Barrier=300%, Shields=300%)
Energy Drain (Base against robots) (Armor=100%, Barrier=300%, Shields=300%)
Flamer (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=100%, Shields=100%)
Incinerate (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=50%, Shields=50%)
Inferno Grenade (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=100%, Shields=100%)
Lift Grenade (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=100%)
Nova (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=100%)
Overload (Base against organics) (Armor=50%, Barrier=300%, Shields=300%)
Overload (Base against robots) (Armor=100%, Barrier=300%, Shields=300%)
Reave (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=200%, Shields=50%)
Sabotage (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=100%, Shields=150%)
Shockwave (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=100%)
Tech Armor Detonation (Base) (Armor=100%, Barrier=100%, Shields=150%)
Warp (Base) (Armor=150%, Barrier=200%, Shields=50%)

All other weapons not listed here have a value of (Armor=100%, Barrier=100%, Shields=100%)

Power Combos

Biotic Explosion (Armor=200%, Barrier=200%, Shields=100%)
Cryo Explosion (Armor=100%, Barrier=100%, Shields=100%)
Fire Explosion (Armor=200%, Barrier=100%, Shields=100%)
Tech Burst (Armor=100%, Barrier=100%, Shields=200%)

Also balance changes delayed, the servers should be offline right now for another 3 or 4 hours, but the Piranha is getting nerfed that got confirmed.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I agree with this one though, the Piranha was a godly weapon.
Making it one of few things to be able to stand up to the stupidly buffed CPU enemies after the ridiculously dumb stuff like the Cloak nerf and so on. With all the crap of ours they keep nerfing we DESERVE at least a few "godly weapons an abilities" to exploit as compensation.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
4-6 seconds to kill Platinum bosses is a bit big of an advantage, especially as any class can wield a Piranha effectively.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
4-6 seconds to kill Platinum bosses is a bit big of an advantage, especially as any class can wield a Piranha effectively.

If there was a crapton of weapons that could do that, I'd agree. However, since last I checked there weren't, and not everybody has a Piranha, I'm not really tempted to buy into the need to weaken us further.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Only a rare though. It's a team game, an incredibly powerful lightweight shotgun that casters can use, which can decimate even Platinum bosses on it's own, it's broken.

It's not like the Typhoon that's only good with like 1 class, and has a bunch of drawbacks, it was just "get close kill an Atlas in 3 seconds" regardless of class.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Only a rare though. It's a team game, an incredibly powerful lightweight shotgun that casters can use, which can decimate even Platinum bosses on it's own, it's broken.

It's not like the Typhoon that's only good with like 1 class, and has a bunch of drawbacks, it was just "get close kill an Atlas in 3 seconds" regardless of class.

I really fail to see what the problem with that is as it sounds to me like it does nothing but help you get more money faster. And I have no problem with that. Hell, make every Revenant shot as powerful as a Widow one and I'll have no complaints since it means more credits for me.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
That looks pretty awesome.....how did you do that?

RIP Piranha, my old friend...
It'll happen to every weapon you love. The "nerfers" (the people on Bioware Social Network that complain all day every day about any semi-decent weapon and want to get them nerfed) will always have their way, its pretty sad.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Xanthan that wasn't me but I assume they just gave her the Phantoms face.

Anyway balance changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 8, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy Shields and Barriers
- (Platinum) The delay before enemy shields/barriers start regenerating increased from 4 to 6 seconds

Cerberus Atlas and Geth Prime
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 65% to 75%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 16.5% to 20% per second

Cerberus Phantom
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 75% to 85%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 25% to 30% per second
- (Platinum) The force threshold to cause Phantoms to stagger lowered to Gold levels

Reaper Marauder and Cerberus Engineer, Turret, Nemesis, and Centurion
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 85% to 90%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 33% to 40% per second

Reaper Banshee
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 16.5% to 20% per second

Geth Rocket Trooper, Hunter and Pyro
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 85% to 90%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 33% to 40% per second

Arc Grenade Power (Male Quarian)
- Base damage decreased from 450 to 400 to match the N7 Demolisher

Ballistic Blades Power
- Base damage increased from 800 to 900

N7 Piranha Shotgun
- Damage decreased from [70.9-88.7] to [61.7-77.1]

Still haven't buff the Destroyers Missile Launcher so I take the hint, I'm respeccing it off him.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeahh....they're really not getting the hint. Nerfing Arc Grenades to Demolisher level instead of buffing the Demolisher ones to match the Male Quarian levels = silly. I think I'll stick to Uncharted 3, AE 2012, and P4A when it gets here until either another character pack comes out or they stop being dumb with their 'balance changes'. This whole bit in general just seems stupid.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You don't know what a commendation pack is? Its the same thing as all the other events are. You do the requirements and you get the pack with an N7 weapon in it.

I know what a Commendation and Victory Pack is, since I've done a bunch of the Operations before. Someone was asking what the Operation was this weekend, and I said all I knew was it had something to do with some kinds of packs or sets that were required in the objective for it. I don't really know much about it since the constant nerfing of well, US for multiplayer and disguising it as "Balance Patches" is turning me off ME3 MP for a while.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Balance changes got an update:

There was an error in our live update this week, and the following change was not applied. It will be rolled into next week's changes.

Cerberus Phantom
- (Platinum) The force threshold to cause Phantoms to stagger lowered to Gold levels

Also, the following change wasn't mentioned in the balance notes.

Prothean Particle Beam Assault Rifle
- Magazine size now scales with weapon level, from [100-125]

So I'm going through single player for the 3rd time, this time with Garrus alive, and my god I never noticed how good his powers were.

Also insanity feels like Bronze I've noticed. Anyway I'm going to get to just before Thessia and then stop, I think that'll be a good time to do Levianthan.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pretty sure the Krysae was pre-nerf.

It's single player, they don't care about balance, which is why giving the Incisor to squaddies in ME2 causes them to **** everything silly, and the Particle Rifle with an AP mod causes squaddies to **** everything in ME3. At least that new SMG means that Liara and EDI can be functional with weapons now.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Pretty sure the Krysae was pre-nerf.

It's single player, they don't care about balance, which is why giving the Incisor to squaddies in ME2 causes them to **** everything silly, and the Particle Rifle with an AP mod causes squaddies to **** everything in ME3. At least that new SMG means that Liara and EDI can be functional with weapons now.
Weren't Liara and EDI fine if you just gave hem the Hurricane before?

Top Bottom