• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masashi (Japan's Best Pit) Videos

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
How I'm telling you he's being super careful, not to get ***** by dumb ****. He'd rather give minimun damage and take none than give a lot of damage and take some. It works in a normal world.

I don't get where you got "perfect world" from? explain

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
How I'm telling you he's being super careful, not to get ***** by dumb ****. He'd rather give minimun damage and take none than give a lot of damage and take some. It works in a normal world.

I don't get where you got "perfect world" from? explain
I think he meant that there is no way to know which rout is the safest unless your a perfect world, where everything happen in succession of everything else, meaning, only in a perfect world he would no for sure which is the safest rout. Which stands to reason your perception of him always taking the safest rout instead of the most beneficial one, that statement would have more meaning if the outcome of every move Masashi make was already examine thus creating the Perfect world,

The longer you seem to remain in a safe position the more likely something will good bad

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I see where your getting that. But im sure you know that brawl isnt a balanced/fixed game. There are just safe spots that can remain safe if protected. Ie planking makes the ledge a safe haven. Mashashi just chooses these safe spots over pursuing every time, whether its the best or not, we wont really know. He just doesnt put himself in dangerous positions really. Also he has good reaction time IMO.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i get what you are saying rogue and im not quite sre what they are so confused about, masashi looks at the ratio and says hmm give 10 take 0 is infinitely better then give 30 take 10

CO18

Smash Hero
Soo according to Kel the dude in Japan right now, Masashi is actually Japan's 2nd best player overall right now.

Didnt know that.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
I see where your getting that. But im sure you know that brawl isnt a balanced/fixed game. There are just safe spots that can remain safe if protected. Ie planking makes the ledge a safe haven. Mashashi just chooses these safe spots over pursuing every time, whether its the best or not, we wont really know. He just doesnt put himself in dangerous positions really. Also he has good reaction time IMO.
i get what you are saying rogue and im not quite sre what they are so confused about, masashi looks at the ratio and says hmm give 10 take 0 is infinitely better then give 30 take 10

If a mans action is not guided by thouthfull conclusion, then there guided by inconsiderate impluse, unbalanced appetite, caprice, or circumstances of the moment. to cultivate unhindered, unreflective external activity is to foster enslavement, for it leaves the person at the mercy of appetite, sense and circumstance. But Masashi put effort in training himself to play like that, where every action is guided my thoughtful conclusion like as you said Rogue is thought process and that is the key

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
If a mans action is not guided by thouthfull conclusion, then there guided by inconsiderate impluse, unbalanced appetite, caprice, or circumstances of the moment. to cultivate unhindered, unreflective external activity is to foster enslavement, for it leaves the person at the mercy of appetite, sense and circumstance, Masashi put effort in training himself to play like that, as you said Rogue is thought process and that is the key
Okay....you just said a whole bunch of nothing there that doesn't pertain to mashashi, if didnt have a correct thought process, he wouldnt be winning.

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
he spaces well. only thing good isee. sry japan plays soo weird-_-

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Okay....you just said a whole bunch of nothing there that doesn't pertain to mashashi, if didnt have a correct thought process, he wouldnt be winning.
I was saying that everything he does is guided by thouthfull conclusion that is basically what i mean, i was just exploring the idea so my text didn't come out right

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Cool vids! I see why he's high tier in Japan. my pit is kind of like his but my spacing sucks compared to his. usually i get bored of camping and just go all out. and out of all the videos, i only saw him do an arrow loop once, which was in the second fight with snake. i dont even think he did it on purpose. i arrow loop whenever i get the chance. Sometimes i shoot arrows up to make my opponent shield or dodge when im not really looping the arrow. i just like doing it.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
i just skimmed this whole thingie and all i see is 2 girlz fighting (rogue and LEzard) yall arent even on Pit anymore...Take each others aim's and argue ****....the Japanese Pit is awesome and the fact that he doesnt use Arrow loops and/or wing dashing or any other aruguable AT's is just his style....Dont u guys kno the phrase "if it aint broke dont fix it" Pit is S tier in Japan and he owns with him.....

If someone thinks arrow looping werks let them get punished for it.......I mean let them do it....... I personally think that its not a bright idea and some pits do it for show and tell.....

WIth Wing dashing/canceling its a great thing to do but there are better options a lot of the time....

Now lets see who wants to argue with ME?

Noman

Smash Cadet
It seems Masashi doesn't use nair.

Also he uses a full hopped dair at moderate distances as a bait. If they approach he fairs or f-bs, if they retreat he arrows. Very cool

KY_Des

Smash Ace
well you are all missing the point of that certain people have different comfort zones and Masashi's is in pitching a tent.
True true.

I haz new videoooos.
Jus search my name on youtube and you'll find em. Posting links is too much effort.

I consider myself to be a more aggressive player, but Yogi caught me settin up my picnic basket at this tournament lol.

(Back on topic)
Camping is, to a degree, NECESSARY in order to win. Sad day for Pit, but it's the truth. If you don't camp at least a little bit, you're not going to win in most matchups.

Camp = not fun
BUT
Camp = good
Cool vids! I see why he's high tier in Japan. my pit is kind of like his but my spacing sucks compared to his. usually i get bored of camping and just go all out. and out of all the videos, i only saw him do an arrow loop once, which was in the second fight with snake. i dont even think he did it on purpose.
Japan has a different metagame than NA. Pit is higher in Japan bc he does better, not because he is better.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Omg I saw your match against Mr. Doom and ..... green arrows...... O_O.
whose that green pit suppose to be?
I demand red arrows now <.<

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Is there anything more recent of Musashi that anyone knows about? I'd like to possibly see something thats not 100 years old.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Lol that Pit always used Dsmash after a spot dodge if the opponent was in range, I thought that only was a bad habit of most noobs...
Otherwise he played really good, made good use of changing his position on the stage by running.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That Pit gots some good defensive and spacing tactics (seen the recent Diddy one). We need more Pits that know their fundamentals a lot =(

EDIT: Saw the ICs one, and Masashi's great and quite amazing. We could use more Pits like him though.

Top Bottom