• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masashi (Japan's Best Pit) Videos

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
I liked these Matches, Masashi looks a lot better from the last time I saw a recent vid of him.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Wow, all nice matches. All i have concluded is resumed to:

1) Pit's japanese voice is definitely sexieeeer!!

2) Masashi likes BATTLEFIELD stage.

3) Masashi doesn't use many AT's but wing-stalling is definitely one of em.

4) Has a very good ledge game.

5) Knows most of the AT's, he probably doesn't use them much cause he thinks they might be useless but still learns them for a back-up plan in case needed. (Against hiko he performed arrow-loop and wing-dash, though just for show off)

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Musashi is better than most, if not all of you. GG.

AT's are tools. Musashi choosing not to use them doesnt mean you're better than him because you DO use them. That's silly.

If alot of you havent noticed, the best application of most of Pit's ATs is mindgames. Arrow looping isn't meant to actually hit them with the arrow. If that was the case, you could just shoot the **** thing straight.

The only AT Pit has that is actually useful is Wing Refresh. It's like having an extra, realllly long jump. Hurray.

The fact that Musashi arrow looped and wing dashed as a taunt is proof in itself that he thinks they're useless.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Musashi is better than most, if not all of you. GG.

AT's are tools. Musashi choosing not to use them doesnt mean you're better than him because you DO use them. That's silly.

If alot of you havent noticed, the best application of most of Pit's ATs is mindgames. Arrow looping isn't meant to actually hit them with the arrow. If that was the case, you could just shoot the **** thing straight.

The only AT Pit has that is actually useful is Wing Refresh. It's like having an extra, realllly long jump. Hurray.

The fact that Musashi arrow looped and wing dashed as a taunt is proof in itself that he thinks they're useless.
I think if you read my previous posts you will realized that there is nothing more need to be said on the topic. Just remember that there is no wrong are right way in playing the game, some people have a better understand of how a idea should be used and some dont, and as i said before there is no way to understand an idea fully we only can view it from diffrent angles, so if you believe that ATs is for mindgames at best well, not everybody would agree with you because that is the thing about individuality we all have things about us that only we alone can do and we try to do our best with eveything that we know even if that means to see it for more than what it is
however the fact that Musashi is winning without the so call "Advance technique" doesn't mean anything, its meaningless dude. one thing is certain though, i would make him win me with that fighting style. I love the the way Rogue Pit fight:) he can past for the best pit in the US

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Blah Blah Blah I cant understand most of this anyway
UndrDog, the person who created arrow looping, has stated that it is an AT focused on mindgames. Sagemoon, the person who perfected wingdashing (Kupo created it), has stated that it is a strictly defensive AT specifically focused on spacing.

So unless your opponents are gonna let you flap your wings until they fall off stage and suddenly decide not to recover or let you loop-de-loop them to death, they are more productive things you could be doing besides making your matches look like talent shows or a failed attempt at recreating Melee (the game where the ATs were USEFUL).

And so you know, I use both of these ATs. But I wingdashing for spacing, and arrow loops for mindgames. You kno, the things they're meant to do.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
UndrDog, the person who created arrow looping, has stated that it is an AT focused on mindgames. Sagemoon, the person who perfected wingdashing (Kupo created it), has stated that it is a strictly defensive AT specifically focused on spacing.

So unless your opponents are gonna let you flap your wings until they fall off stage and suddenly decide not to recover or let you loop-de-loop them to death, they are more productive things you could be doing besides making your matches look like talent shows or a failed attempt at recreating Melee (the game where the ATs were USEFUL).

And so you know, I use both of these ATs. But I wingdashing for spacing, and arrow loops for mindgames. You kno, the things they're meant to do.
what!?:confused: you are clueless aren't you?

napZzz

Smash Hero
I saw masashi barely use aerials...he just did alot of arrows and dsmash'ing.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX

You can't seriously generalize an entire community of a specific type of character with a statement like that. Being as though you may have only seen a few pits plays. You've based your stereotypes off of them and thereby makes you incorrect. Your statistics are incorrect and just because something is not utilized to the best of it's abilities does not make it useless.

Your wrong, I'm quite sure that there are players better than mashashi in Japan and he wins on being smart, pressuring with arrows, adapting to his opponent, and camping. There is no need for wingdashing in a player who has fundamentals as he does. He was a melee player and a really good fox, so he understands things about the game and players. "ATs" such as wingdashing are not necessary in Pits game. They are usable and not usable, it depends on preference.

Show off is an understatement. Most pits try to look pretty, they arrow loop connect and get fsmashed and die but are happy they hit with the arrow. Generally saying wingdashing is useless wouldn't be right, but the way it is represented gives that idea. "Ultimate Wingdashing" as in Lezard's thread I believe is useless. But it does have it's purposes, just its misinterpreted as such.

One you can understand what he saying, there's no point of critizing someone over their english. You learn another language and type it fluently, rather it was typo his english is not even bad....

At your second paragraph, I'm not really sure how to respond besides you have no idea what is going on...

I agree but I disagree, the ATs that Undr implement are not good, or done correctly, so your source of knowledge is taunted. Though your right, but wrong? Basics is what is your foundation, if you have that you can win easily because majority of brawl players lack that. If you have the knowledge and Understanding of the "ATs" you can find some benefit to them but majority of them are useless and are just for making you look pretty.

You shouldn't have to get BACK to them, rather you should have learned from the beginning. Not you, but most pits period. Flashy and unintelligent, which is why pit is misrepresented, but hey I'm loving it xD. Drop Pit to low tier please :chuckle:

@Lezard, how do you have the authority to deem yourself the best wingdasher?
ha maybe if he wasnt such an *** on calling everyone out and telling them they're wrong our community would go somewhere. though i agree majority of Pit's AT aren't used correctly, they're are positions where any of them can be used.. and technically he does use AT's momentum canceling of his arrows in the air and on the ground.. there are very few Pits in the US that use that, or uses it wrong..the basis of Rogue's post is just too make all the other Pits who posted feel stupid, and i don't agree with that. keep your head up and learn from Masashi, but keep your own style.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
ha maybe if he wasnt such an *** on calling everyone out and telling them they're wrong our community would go somewhere. though i agree majority of Pit's AT aren't used correctly, they're are positions where any of them can be used.. and technically he does use AT's momentum canceling of his arrows in the air and on the ground.. there are very few Pits in the US that use that, or uses it wrong..the basis of Rogue's post is just too make all the other Pits who posted feel stupid, and i don't agree with that. keep your head up and learn from Masashi, but keep your own style.
Hmmm... i wonder what does all of this mean:idea:?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
ha maybe if he wasnt such an *** on calling everyone out and telling them they're wrong our community would go somewhere.
So lets tell everyone their right. When things are illogic or do not work because of the current metagame, or I see a misuse of moves because they wont work against actually good people, I wont say anything.

Actually watch lezard's second wingdashing compilation, sure he looked pretty but he wingdashed incorrectly several times (landing with lag) and he didnt punish. He had clips of wing pushing and missing an fsmash im sure thats benefitical to you in a game.

Though i agree majority of Pit's AT aren't used correctly, they're are positions where any of them can be used.. and technically he does use AT's momentum canceling of his arrows in the air and on the ground.. there are very few Pits in the US that use that, or uses it wrong..the basis of Rogue's post is just too make all the other Pits who posted feel stupid, and i don't agree with that. keep your head up and learn from Masashi, but keep your own style.
Using b to cancel momentum is not a Pit AT. Every char in the game can do it. My argue is that most of pits “ATs” arent useful. Still no one has proved me wrong.
About making feel stupid :) if someone actually puts themselves in that situation they deserve to be called out. :) I'm not very nice am I?

2 things
1. Undrdog didnt invent arrow looping it was out before Brawl came out in the US. Either that or i remember watching a video dated back to when brawl came out a guy proving pits MS had Super armor and he showed arrow looping.
2. No one has mastered Wingdashing, it has inhuman potentials.

So unless your opponents are gonna let you flap your wings until they fall off stage and suddenly decide not to recover or let you loop-de-loop them to death, they are more productive things you could be doing besides making your matches look like talent shows or a failed attempt at recreating Melee (the game where the ATs were USEFUL)
Stop copying me :(

what!?:confused: you are clueless aren't you?
He actually makes sense. O_O

Lezard

Smash Journeyman

I respon that way because i already explaint the bases of ATs
this was part of my respond
ATs are ideas yes? the point is nobody will be able to apply them fully but there are few who still try correct? To say that an idea is useless is meaningless no one here as a solid ground to stand on, so to speak
and you said

I'm gonna have to disagree with your analogy, "ATs" are not ideas they are just preferable movements. To say one is useless is possible if it has no effect on the metagame. Apparently Pits have been wingdashing for months what is happening? Why is pit lower than he should be? It's not worth it, and mashashi is winning because he knows and understands that.

and i said, which you haven't challenge
What? This is unnessary reductionism. moving in any direction is abitrary decision of the human mind
the fact tha he come out and said something so commonsensical is absurd because remember i said as human individaul we always seek more out of an idea even if that means to see for more than what is

Actually watch lezard's second wingdashing compilation, sure he looked pretty but he wingdashed incorrectly several times (landing with lag) and he didnt punish. He had clips of wing pushing and missing an fsmash im sure thats benefitical to you in a game.
The only reason why you watch is to find the flaws and you succeeded. It is easy to find flaw in everything if you look for them its just a human condition we all of to accept it :laugh:

This is why wingdash is my favorite ATs, because i know i excel in abstract thinking so i like the challeng be able to take an idea as far as the human mind can go, it reminde of physic, philosophy and since i like to rap my mind around complex idea :nerd:

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I respon that way because i already explaint the bases of ATs
this was part of my respond

and you said

and i said, which you haven't challenge
Dude im lost in the text, can you just come out and say what you think without the metaphoric talk, it can be interpreted multiple ways and it draws out the conversation. Just say what you

the fact tha he come out and said something so commonsensical is absurd because remember i said as human individaul we always seek more out of an idea even if that means to see for more than what is
1 common sense is as far from common as can be.

You see humans seek more out of ideas?
2 things. Humans have limitations and Wingdashing has limitations, were understand, and can preform it but its not as useful as you think.

To completely end this, PLEASE GIVE ME A SITUATION WHERE WINGDASHING OR ARROW LOOPING IS THE ABSOLUTELY BEST OPTION.

The only reason why you watch is to find the flaws and you succeeded. It is easy to find flaw in everything if you look for them its just a human condition we all of to accept it :laugh:
No I watched it and looked at everything, you cant honestly say that im wrong about that. You landing incorrectly a few times no? Also you pushed them away but you didnt punish, so whats the point?

This is why wingdash is my favorite ATs, because i know i excel in abstract thinking so i like the challeng be able to take an idea as far as the human mind can go, it reminde of physic, philosophy and since i like to rap my mind around complex idea :nerd:
The thought process, and creativity of wingdashing is already complete. Learn how to apply it, you do it flashy and randomly and it has no effect a lot of time. Its not a fashion show, which is why mashashi excels.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
So lets tell everyone their right. When things are illogic or do not work because of the current metagame, or I see a misuse of moves because they wont work against actually good people, I wont say anything.

Using b to cancel momentum is not a Pit AT. Every char in the game can do it. My argue is that most of pits “ATs” arent useful. Still no one has proved me wrong.
About making feel stupid :) if someone actually puts themselves in that situation they deserve to be called out. :) I'm not very nice am I?

2 things
1. Undrdog didnt invent arrow looping it was out before Brawl came out in the US. Either that or i remember watching a video dated back to when brawl came out a guy proving pits MS had Super armor and he showed arrow looping.

Stop copying me :(

my point wasn't to tell everyone their right. my point is to not make yourself look like a stuck up *** when you tell them your wrong. that just makes people not want to listen. and regardless if its a pit original AT or not it is still an AT(least the ground one is)because its advanced. it may be easy but still beyond the relm of basics

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
my point wasn't to tell everyone their right. my point is to not make yourself look like a stuck up *** when you tell them your wrong. that just makes people not want to listen. and regardless if its a pit original AT or not it is still an AT(least the ground one is)because its advanced. it may be easy but still beyond the relm of basics
Whether Im mean or nice about it, deal with it. If your wrong Im gonna tell you, im not pulling punchs to satisfy anyone's emotions.

Also you ignored what I said, I didnt say ATs were useless. I said pit ATs are useless, meaning ATs specific to pit dont have much use. You didnt counter argue that. You said that its still an AT, its not basic, its advance.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Dude im lost in the text, can you just come out and say what you think without the metaphoric talk, it can be interpreted multiple ways and it draws out the conversation. Just say what you
As you can see my way of thinking is always profond i never intend to gild over the problem i attack it from the source and i am not going to lower my intellectual to petty so just ask me to. This is exact what separate intelligent people from brute creation and i see that, you probly dont understand how to intreprete my dialictic reason and that why we have been reason in circle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

1 common sense is as far from common as can be.

You see humans seek more out of ideas?
2 things. Humans have limitations and Wingdashing has limitations, were understand, and can preform it but its not as useful as you think.

To completely end this, PLEASE GIVE ME A SITUATION WHERE WINGDASHING OR ARROW LOOPING IS THE ABSOLUTELY BEST OPTION.

I would not dare to answer a question like this, do you even understand the purport of this question? you ask for something that doesnt exiest "ABSULOTION BEST OPTION" JEZZZ dude there is none

No I watched it and looked at everything, you cant honestly say that im wrong about that. You landing incorrectly a few times no? Also you pushed them away but you didnt punish, so whats the point?

[

Yes dude, remember i said everything was done in real matches i am not perfect but i benefit from it more, thats the purpose of the video

The thought process, and creativity of wingdashing is already complete. Learn how to apply it, you do it flashy and randomly and it has no effect a lot of time. Its not a fashion show, which is why mashashi excels.

This is Wishful thinking fallacy, an emotional applie this isn't even a logical argument sence its base on impracticality, there is know way you could possible know that...you where doing well i dont know what happen

very good

@Rogue remeber my stand point isn't weather or not ATs is usefull rather i believe its meaningless to discriminate between to two

goodkid

Smash Lord
Pit's ATs are tools. No AT is required to win for any character. Some make it easier though, but none of Pit's make winning any easier.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
As you can see my way of thinking is always profond i never intend to gild over the problem i attack it from the source so i am not going to lower my intellectual to petty mindedness or this is better than than wethout any reason behine it and this what separate intelligent people from brute creation, if you know what i mean
Lower your intelligences lvl? Your trying to sound smart which is unecessary. The way we speak is the way we play Im basic but accomplished your flashy and unecessary. All i asked was you to give me a basic version of you argument. Cut the fluff, but that doesnt seem to be in your intellectual range

I would not dare to answer a question like this, do you even understand the purport of this question? you ask for something that doesnt exiest "ABSULOTION BEST OPTION" JEZZZ dude there is none
lol, you dare not because you cannot. Your saying that *scenario* If samus shoots charged shot you in front of your face, you best option wouldnt be to powershield? If you couldnt reflect in time? Sorry the option thats most effective towards your goal would be the best.

Yes dude, remember i said everything was done in real matches i am not perfect but i benefit from it more thats the purpose of the to whare it has it use

not even sure what you mean.

This is Wishful thinking fallacy, an emotional applie this isn't even a logical sence its base on impracticality, there is know way you could possible know that...

@Rogue remeber my stand point is weather or not ATs is usefull rather i believe its meaningless to discriminate between to two
Very goof
*Sigh* Im exhausted from preaching on deaf ears. When your willing to listen I'll continue until then. Dueces (peace)

@goodkid I can respect that reasoning.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Whether Im mean or nice about it, deal with it. If your wrong Im gonna tell you, im not pulling punchs to satisfy anyone's emotions.

Also you ignored what I said, I didnt say ATs were useless. I said pit ATs are useless, meaning ATs specific to pit dont have much use. You didnt counter argue that. You said that its still an AT, its not basic, its advance.
my bad on the second point. you right i didn't read very well. but you don't get my point. i didn't say pull punches i just told you how you swing them..you cu;d say the same **** thing without giving the impression your absolutly right which you arent and they are absolutly wrong which they aren't. you wanna talk about the meta game , it doesn't get any better with critique on a point of view like you give

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
my bad on the second point. you right i didn't read very well. but you don't get my point. i didn't say pull punches i just told you how you swing them..you cu;d say the same **** thing without giving the impression your absolutly right which you arent and they are absolutly wrong which they aren't. you wanna talk about the meta game , it doesn't get any better with critique on a point of view like you give
Okay... I'm done. Wingdashing is great, arrow loop is awesome whoop whoop :)

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
absolutly right which you arent and they are absolutly wrong which they aren't. you wanna talk about the meta game , it doesn't get any better with critique on a point of view like you give
:laugh:Chaotic Nightmare, your are the best.

@Rgue Pit to present something as absolute knowleadge you are rendered your own opinion meaningless i dont answer the question becase i know that that question lose it meaning to moment you deside ask it

My stand point is, its meaningless to discriminate between Ats and BTs. you see Rogue you dont have solid ground to stand on and know its thumpling under your feet
Okay... I'm done. Wingdashing is great, arrow loop is awesome whoop
this respon is epic, a faliure in thinking...lol i was actually waiting for it

*soliloquy* error may support one anther mutually and weave an ever larger and firmer fabric of misconception

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
:laugh:Chaotic Nightmare, your are the best.

@Rgue Pit to present something as absolute knowleadge you are rendered your own oppenion meaningless i dont answer the question becase i know that there isn't that wuestion lose it meaning to moment you deside

My stand point is its meaningless to discriminate between Ats and BTs. you see Rogue you dont have solid ground to stand on and know its thumpling under your feet

this respon is epic a faliure in thinking...lol i was actually waiting for it

*soliloquy* error may support one anther mutually and weave an ever larger and firmer fabric of misconception
uhh translation???

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Hes trying with a passion to sound smart, its sad.

Lezard all I will say is that time will tell whos right. Until then.....
Dude, i am not in to weather or not i sound smart i dont care about stuff like that your obviously not see the wood for the tree, so to speak and if i wanted to sound smart i would be discussing the" theory of relitivity" or "wave/praticle duality"or mayby some philosophical problem, what the hell this is soo immature

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Naa dude you became immature when you insulted my intelligences when i became tire of trying to decipher you metaphoric tone. I asked you to cut the fluff and speak specifically to the situation and you obviously couldnt do it. Than you state a soliloquy saying that a combination of my tainted experiences caused me to think incorrectly upon the current situation.

If your actually willing to cut the fluff we can make progress. I will state my argument and you state yours.

The current use of Pits ATs are incorrect and when used correctly majority of the time there are better options. The way you portray wingdashing in your compilation videos i feel would not have sufficent rewards. As apposed to say powershielding a move. Instead of wingdashing and attaching to get out of multihitters you can SDI out of either end and punish more effectively.

What is your counter argument?

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I wanna debate but I cant understand him lol

I'm gonna go play Subspace. I can actually wingdash and arrow loop things to death in that mode :laugh:

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Wow... seeing all those posts written yesterday just shows me how much free time some of us have.

Anyways, again with the AT's pointless discussion. *sigh*

If you guys wanna use em, ok go ahead, if you don't, ok fine too.

And if somebody is unsure, well... try them out and judge for yourself.

Some people like chocolate, others don't (though i still can't believe this).

KY_Des

Smash Ace
lol... Ky Des your are just full of it
If knowing the purpose of an AT and trying to educate those who don't is considered being "full of it," then yes, I'm abunduntly full of w/e "it" may be.

There's a thread for this discussion. Use it.

kown

Smash Lord
YES! there seems to be a heated debate which i missed...prepare for a long post by me!

okay... so KY said wingdashing is only defensive. i know thats wrong.
Rogue pit said wingdashing can never be the best option... thats also wrong.
Id rather not give an example.

arrow looping is useful to an extent. but UNdrdog and AdmiralPit over use it. and honestly they do a poor representation of using pits arrows...cuz we get ppl coming in here saying "oh f*ck everything else teach me arrow looping" and they dont play to win...they play flashy....so imo not good. they are cool ppl tho.

about immaturity. rogue pit is prolly the most immature pit player i know :) haha ive told him this b4 tho. he honestly lacks common sense...but hey he is right most of the time.

ArzenAngel: your not cool by coming into here showing how all the other pit players have no lives.. honestly gtfo.
i have a life btw...lol

i think we can all agree with goodkid. if not... you are stupid. done

@ lezard and Rogue Pit: you guys are both retarted... honestly your true goals when youll talk is to make the other person look more stupid than you <_<. grow a sack and learn to debate (coming to an agreement) rather than IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG attitude.
neither of you should be flaming. (but its the only reason im posting...ironic?)
this is the pit boards..lolol arguing anything in this forum is like not even worth it...you will learn that soon enuff.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
YES! there seems to be a heated debate which i missed...prepare for a long post by me!

okay... so KY said wingdashing is only defensive. i know thats wrong.
Rogue pit said wingdashing can never be the best option... thats also wrong.
Id rather not give an example.

arrow looping is useful to an extent. but UNdrdog and AdmiralPit over use it. and honestly they do a poor representation of using pits arrows...cuz we get ppl coming in here saying "oh f*ck everything else teach me arrow looping" and they dont play to win...they play flashy....so imo not good. they are cool ppl tho.

about immaturity. rogue pit is prolly the most immature pit player i know :) haha ive told him this b4 tho. he honestly lacks common sense...but hey he is right most of the time.

ArzenAngel: your not cool by coming into here showing how all the other pit players have no lives.. honestly gtfo.
i have a life btw...lol

i think we can all agree with goodkid. if not... you are stupid. done

@ lezard and Rogue Pit: you guys are both retarted... honestly your true goals when youll talk is to make the other person look more stupid than you <_<. grow a sack and learn to debate (coming to an agreement) rather than IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG attitude.
neither of you should be flaming. (but its the only reason im posting...ironic?)
this is the pit boards..lolol arguing anything in this forum is like not even worth it...you will learn that soon enuff.
Ok Kown, i can say that i have learn something and i thank you for that, however by stand point wasn't about being right or wrong it was actually about how do one know that there right/wrong base on a suggested believe, when someone say, i think that this is not useful or whatevery it means that "i do not as yet know so"

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Ok Kown, i can say that i have learn something and i thank you for that, however by stand point wasn't about being right or wrong it was actually about how do one know that there right/wrong base on a suggested believe, when someone say, i think that this is not useful or whatevery it means that "i do not as yet know so"
thats true but most of the Pits on the boards write as if they have something to prove when it comes to knowledge. like the expression "its not always what you say, but how you say it." you may not have said it, but anyone can almost feel the mood of the things people type and thats what it is. KY is a great example of someone who gives his opinion without bias and lets his view change if hes wrong without putting up a fight..something this whole board should learn.when we reach that our metagame WILL get better!

Top Bottom