• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masashi (Japan's Best Pit) Videos

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Yap, nice videos.
I'll try to get my spacing better with this guy ;]
Thanks though

Esca

Smash Champion
Spacing dair is crucial. But to be completely honest, he's playing against scrubs. Japan really isn't good at this game. Gnes would destroy him, quite frankly. They aren't playing right against Pit.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Spacing dair is crucial. But to be completely honest, he's playing against scrubs. Japan really isn't good at this game. Gnes would destroy him, quite frankly. They aren't playing right against Pit.
You can't judge skill based on a video. Adaptability is near impossible to judge from a video. Masashi isn't # 1 for no reason.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Masashi's air camp is top notch, very good at baiting the opponent with his jumps. I don't think he even camps with arrows that much either, but just the right amount. It's amazing how well he does in Japan though, while he's obviously amazing, it's hard to believe he's 2nd best in Japan.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Masashi's air camp is top notch, very good at baiting the opponent with his jumps. I don't think he even camps with arrows that much either, but just the right amount. It's amazing how well he does in Japan though, while he's obviously amazing, it's hard to believe he's 2nd best in Japan.
Did you see his matches against Snake?
His ledgecamping is real impressive ;D

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Yeah he's good at ledgecamping, but basically every pit player is now. He just happens to gauge his opponent's actions better and react better than others. I guess that's why he's so good lol...

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he's good at ledgecamping, but basically every pit player is now.
Well, I'm decent at ledgecamping. I still need to practice it.

I'm not really sure wether to avoid it or not.
It seems like a form of planking, and I don't want to be hated on for "planking"
even though I'm technically ledgecamping.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
I guess it depends on the matchup, like against Snake it's almost necessary to do some ledgecamping.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not every Pit is good at ledgecamping. I have played many Pit players and some don't even ledge camp. Some of them tbh are just poorly developed atm, and I'm slowly losing my will to help them.

Masashi is a great Pit to me. Even though this isn't Pit's true potential, but he has many of the BASICS down, and is great with spacing.
All we gotta do is build up from there, CG some chars that Pit could CG (Donkey Kong, Snake, etc.), or that F-throw to stutterstep Fsmash against some other chars (Metaknight is one) if granted, learn the matchups, and just improve. That's all we need. No fanciness at all.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Masashi also has a well-developed hit-and-run technique.
I find that pretty important to know, since it stacks upon pit's pressuring gameplay.

I'm wondering how we got these videos, someone that speaks both Japanese and English? O_o

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh yea, I forgot to mention to add some Pivot grabs to our style. As long as we can predict where the opponent will end up before they land (this is one situational example), we can grab them, and continue pressure. It varies with the situation.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Right ahead of you ;D

I went to practice at my friend's house friday, and I was pulling off some pivot grabs.
You were right about the extended grab range, but it's still a little hard to do.

Does Masashi use pivot grabs? I havn't seen any.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't think he does in those particular matchups, but regardless, we should not completely act like him. We can learn from him, and build off some styles to our liking, but I would still not go on them fancy styles, for it ruins us.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
My apologies

I fixed it ^_^

EDIT: The 1st vid against Ganbaranai, it says the game is Masashi Vs. Nagahari(in the description box).
So, I'm not really sure which Diddy player it is.

Top Bottom