• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masashi (Japan's Best Pit) Videos

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Obviously a great pit but very boring to watch, but he definitely gets the job done.
thats all that matterz in a tourney environment..save the cuteness for wifi folks..

This cat gives pit a good name unlike the rest of u show off ones who (like rogue said) arrow loop and then die because of it...

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
pit's flashy AT's doesn't effect his metagame.

for example:
snake has mortar slide
diddy has glide toss
Falco has laserlocks and DACUS
these affect their metagames greatly

mk has that cape thingy
yoshi has the dragonic reverse
DK has that grounded foolstool front B thingy
these ATs arent as effective and doesn't put them at a greater advantage or greatly affect their metagame, they are just neat tricks and optional meaning people can still play good without them (basically doesn't increase your chances of winning). now you guys decide which pit AT belongs within the two catogories.

goodkid

Smash Lord

kown

Smash Lord
Because your a joke....no one can take you seriously
shh.... id like for the pit boards to be serious....but look how far weve gotten...i mean were still debating if arrow looping is viable...lololol.

i like your valiant attempts to correct this but in the end its not worth it...and you'll realize that soon enough....kinda like how you realized spamming was good..lol

I was wondering the same thing because i am normally serious minded but this guy is a joke
is this directed at me? or rogue? but yea im not as serious anymore since my thread was taken from me:( .

and i reduced the flaming between you and rogue...so maybe me being less serious isnt a bad thing.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
OMG MODS!!

Aw, I'm boring. Sad day. I wish I was cool like Rogue and Kown =[

On a serious note, I do well BECAUSE I'm boring. I'm basically NA's Masashi. Not to say I'm the best cuz right now I'm honestly probably not, but I have a more simplistic playstyle and dont use ATs much. I jus grab a hell of alot more and dont spam enough. I really need to start spamming more lol.

KY <3's Chaotic

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
OMG MODS!!

Aw, I'm boring. Sad day. I wish I was cool like Rogue and Kown =[

On a serious note, I do well BECAUSE I'm boring. I'm basically NA's Masashi. Not to say I'm the best cuz right now I'm honestly probably not, but I have a more simplistic playstyle and dont use ATs much. I jus grab a hell of alot more and dont spam enough. I really need to start spamming more lol.

KY <3's Chaotic
yeah dude i was watching some of bears old vids of you and DPhat playing and alot of the time you kinda kept your distance but wasn't capitalizing on Pits gayness of a projectile, but i watch you alot for study material. your too good, and should totaly give me some critique sometime. for Kown, Lezard, and Rogue...SHUT THE **** UPPPPPP! forreal guys just whip your *****'s out and compare and you'll have better results then the arguments you guys have jesus.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Wow... we went from discussing the 2nd ranked japanese player to comparing *****. Even the Sonic boards would shun this.

Coffee™

I need it....
Like Susa said. Get back on topic or I'm just going to lock the thread and/or start infracting people :mad: <---- Is obviously angry.

He just ****ing planks. That Pit isn't good at all.
Btw, saying this is extremely dumb. Masashi is really smart and it's extremely evident from watching him play.

kown

Smash Lord
ive already been infracted...lol..am i the only one? :(

esca i agree...but planking doesnt mean that he isnt good...honestly its only the southwest region where planking/gay tactics are looked down upon...its in pits nature to plank...every person whose good plays gay as hell...it just other chars gay tactics look kooler than shooting arrows...haha.... but yea pits nature is to camp... and the only way to win or do well at a tourney is to play campy or gay as hell...

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
ive already been infracted...lol..am i the only one? :(

esca i agree...but planking doesnt mean that he isnt good...honestly its only the southwest region where planking/gay tactics are looked down upon...its in pits nature to plank...every person whose good plays gay as hell...it just other chars gay tactics look kooler than shooting arrows...haha.... but yea pits nature is to camp... and the only way to win or do well at a tourney is to play campy or gay as hell...
it's exactly whqat other Pits have allready said. US is soo caught up in being flashy that they forget the basics which is where Masashi lives.

kown

Smash Lord
yea...but chaotic thats the problem with our region...is we dont play gay enuff...we all like to play agrro...and you get exceptional players like dojo..

kown

Smash Lord
um southwest tries to play aggressive....that is our region. if you go to another region they praise winning no matter how gay you have to play...IN our region ppl will say your not good because of how you play...for example...esca hates masashi's style or camping... i do to an extent too.... but in the other regions ppl praise masashi for his campiness/use of basics... blah i tried to make that make sense

Esca

Smash Champion
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I would rather lose admirably playing amazingly, and be known for great spacing, good tactics, and fast adaptation, and place 9th.

I would hate to be known as that one kid that noone likes, and that people have to prepare for a 20 minute set with, the kid that is known for playing as gay as possible with a mid tier, the kid that does nothing but shoot arrows, and place 7th.

There's no reason that anyone should admire that type of playstyle. If you have to resort to campy/gay tactics, then maybe you should go to a different game. Because, as of right now, I tend to find that everyone high level in playing is trying to avoid playing campy, and we're trying to resolve that issue of the game. Amidoinitrite?

Coffee™

I need it....
I would rather lose admirably playing amazingly, and be known for great spacing, good tactics, and fast adaptation
If you would actually watch Masashi's videos instead of getting pissed off because he is playing "campy" you will see that this is exactly what he does in his matches to begin with.

There's no reason that anyone should admire that type of playstyle. If you have to resort to campy/gay tactics, then maybe you should go to a different game. Because, as of right now, I tend to find that everyone high level in playing is trying to avoid playing campy, and we're trying to resolve that issue of the game. Amidoinitrite?
Resolve what issue? The fact that brawl is a defensive game by nature and playing "campy/gay is generally the most effective way of playing it? Um...ok. You realise that the majority of all fighting games tend to be like this right? Brawl is no exception. It infact probably takes it to an extreme.

Esca

Smash Champion
You didn't close your ".

Name 3 fighting games that are played campy gay and you can prove me wrong.

We're trying to resolve the issue of camping, people like you are making this issue worse, and I'm gonna talk to Hylian about this infraction I just received from you. You should not be a moderator.

Coffee™

I need it....
You didn't close your ".

Name 3 fighting games that are played campy gay and you can prove me wrong.

We're trying to resolve the issue of camping, people like you are making this issue worse, and I'm gonna talk to Hylian about this infraction I just received from you. You should not be a moderator.
Feel free to talk to Hylian there is nothing wrong with the infraction I gave you. As for the issue with camping how am I making it worse? I tell someone its a viable stragety and I'm someone how making a "problem" worse? Also SF is "campy", NGT is "campy" and Tekken is "campy". All three of these are games that I also play so I'm not just calling names.

kown

Smash Lord

I would rather lose admirably playing amazingly, and be known for great spacing, good tactics, and fast adaptation, and place 9th.
no doubt 9th is good...but honestly there were no mks and no more than 10 great players at that tourney...u included...

I would hate to be known as that one kid that noone likes, and that people have to prepare for a 20 minute set with, the kid that is known for playing as gay as possible with a mid tier, the kid that does nothing but shoot arrows, and place 7th.
nope...ppl dont dislike you for the way you play the game...thats a common misconception...anyone who judges your personality based off of how you play a game is a ******....and im not sure if id wanna be friends with someone who judges me that easily. i play brawl cuz of all the awesome ppl....theres only a select few that will judge you...but in all honesty ppl dont remember losses only wins...not how you won...just a win.

not true...everyone plays safe...in order to play safe you need to play campy...razer is very camping...xyro is very camping....and no one hates either of these players.... all the "pros" play safe to minimize damage and in order to do that "camping" or "playing safe" is the best strat.

your not wrong...but if you want to be known winning is the only important thing.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I realized that instead of watching the movements of the char that you should examine his thought process. Like what he does in specific situations and I gotta say hes probably the smartest pit player ive seen since Aisengobay.

*sigh* I shouldve played melee competitively.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Tekken is "campy".
Tekken's not campy. The other 2 games I agree with tho.

I see Esca's point. I was the same way for awhile, but the truth is that you're not going to win if you dont camp when you need to. Once you learn when to camp and when to be aggressive, you'll become a better player 2x fold.

Some characters you camp, some you dont. Camp ZSS alot, it works. Camp Marth a little, his range makes constantly spamming a bad idea. Don't camp Falco. His camp ***** yours, so get in his face and be aggressive.

Don't refuse to camp just because you dont like camping. I use to do this and I lost because of it. I'd run in and get my **** wrecked. Then instead of sittin back and camping a little until I figured out what I should do, I'd just run in and get wrecked again.

Find the middle ground.

As for Masashi, there's no doubt he's good. But he's too campy. There's things more effective he could be doing besides shooting arrows at certain points in his matches.

kown

Smash Lord
^ i disagree... Masashi camps fine...he doesnt camp too much...if anything that would be a good thing....he knows what hes doing when he camps so its kinda impossible for him to camp too much.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I realized that instead of watching the movements of the char that you should examine his thought process. Like what he does in specific situations and I gotta say hes probably the smartest pit player ive seen since Aisengobay.

*sigh* I shouldve played melee competitively.

t0000 bad u sux :laugh:

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
um southwest tries to play aggressive....that is our region. if you go to another region they praise winning no matter how gay you have to play...IN our region ppl will say your not good because of how you play...for example...esca hates masashi's style or camping... i do to an extent too.... but in the other regions ppl praise masashi for his campiness/use of basics... blah i tried to make that make sense
kk gotcha.. i didn't waht you ment by agrro the first time.. yeah thats pretty true

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman

Tekken's not campy. The other 2 games I agree with tho.

I see Esca's point. I was the same way for awhile, but the truth is that you're not going to win if you dont camp when you need to. Once you learn when to camp and when to be aggressive, you'll become a better player 2x fold.

Some characters you camp, some you dont. Camp ZSS alot, it works. Camp Marth a little, his range makes constantly spamming a bad idea. Don't camp Falco. His camp ***** yours, so get in his face and be aggressive.

Don't refuse to camp just because you dont like camping. I use to do this and I lost because of it. I'd run in and get my **** wrecked. Then instead of sittin back and camping a little until I figured out what I should do, I'd just run in and get wrecked again.

Find the middle ground.

As for Masashi, there's no doubt he's good. But he's too campy. There's things more effective he could be doing besides shooting arrows at certain points in his matches.
^ i disagree... Masashi camps fine...he doesnt camp too much...if anything that would be a good thing....he knows what hes doing when he camps so its kinda impossible for him to camp too much.
well you are all missing the point of that certain people have different comfort zones and Masashi's is in pitching a tent.. Esca, though i wish people didn't gripe as much about spam and camp, it just happends, but the reasons why are because its working. your tactic is beating theirs and thats why they find it gay. now if you were both hacking away at each other and one person gets one move in and it kills, they don't care because their tactics were for the most part working cause the game was so close. you have also missed the point that your Character is an ARCHER that is a passive type of fighter. it not that Pit can't defend himself, but its the fact that alot of character do better at the in your face ****. i agree Masashi camps a little bit overboard, but its just his comfort zone. like KY said, find the middle ground

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I would say that mashashi just takes the safest route instead of the most benefitical one, which turns out to have a later effect unseen until it's decided.

That sounds so vague....

Like he will camp, and shoots arrows and stay safe. He will give you arrow after arrow and run from you. I'm sure he would rather give you 9% damage and take 0%. Than give you 25% and take 10%. Or he would rather damage you more up wait a bit long and kill you and take minimun damage, than kill you faster and take some damage.

Basically you can plan for everything, you just have to react to the situation and he is just Uber Careful, which seems over spam to you guys.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
I would say that mashashi just takes the safest route instead of the most benefitical one, which turns out to have a later effect unseen until it's decided.

That sounds so vague....

Like he will camp, and shoots arrows and stay safe. He will give you arrow after arrow and run from you. I'm sure he would rather give you 9% damage and take 0%. Than give you 25% and take 10%. Or he would rather damage you more up wait a bit long and kill you and take minimun damage, than kill you faster and take some damage.

Basically you can plan for everything, you just have to react to the situation and he is just Uber Careful, which seems over spam to you guys.
in a perfect world yes..

Top Bottom