• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marx Rolls In! - "Now I can cause all the mischief I want!" - Dream Friend DLC Has Launched!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I have no qualms with 3rd parties (the majority of my DLC 5 wishlist is 3rd party). Just the only 1st party I want at this point is Marx.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I really don't think spirits mean anything. Especially cause any notable missing spirits would be a smoking gun to what's in store for DLC, and I'm sure Nintendo would like to cover up those surprises.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Looks like he's a boss. Glad he's in at all, it was always a pipe-dream
I was content with just having him as a spirit. If this is the case, I'm beyond happy with this outcome ^_^

EDIT:

Marx's hat is also a Mii Fighter accessory. So in total he has:

- Two spirits (normal and true form)
- His theme (Returning remix from Brawl)
- A boss fight
- A Mii Fighter hat (oh god do I have to learn one of them now? I always adored his hat...)

Our boy got a lot of love!

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Marx seems to have firmly planted himself back into relevance with how much love he's getting in Ultimate, eh?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
image0.png

Marx is at least IN ultimate in some form!

Screenshot_2018-11-24_23.png

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IMG_20181124_233312522.png

Calm the hell down Marx! Didn't know you could be spookier!

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
That's cool! Is it known if there is a new remix of his song?

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Totally awesome. Makes me wish Marx had been in SSE as a boss. On a side note, it'd be interesting to see a new KSS that is made with the Star Allies engine.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I gotta say I’m happy you guys got him in some form, the boss looks really fun and I’m glad he’s acknowledged in such a fleshed out way, great on you guys!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Bloody hell you couldn't at least have spoiler tagged those pictures even just a little bit?

Also RIP the only First Party character I wanted.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
>#1 most wanted character is just some boss enemy [NOT EVEN SPECIAL!!]

haha don't mind me, just gonna go die real quick

I mean who needs hype when I've been dead inside for years
To be frank, Marx being a fighter was a longshot at best. The 2015 design document wouldn't have taken his role as a Dream Friend into consideration. Having a boss role is more than anyone could have reasonably expected.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Bosses are better than assists imo lol. Assists are supposed to be like, a consolation prize. Bosses do not have that same stigma.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Speaking of which, Porky hasn't been seen so far, has he?
Greetings, while I'm not necessarily a Marx supporter, Porky is no where in the game at all, neither is boss data for Duon and Rayquaza.

Though... I wouldn't say your hopes and dreams are crushed just yet. As there is data for a /playable/ Master Hand, and seeming as our good old pal is a boss... I think you get what I'm getting at.

In my personal opinion at this point I think nothing besides not being a video game debut deconfirms you. You guys still have a chance, maybe not a big one like characters like Sylux do, but you still do.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
A shower thought for y'all:

Heck, Classic Mode treats Master Hand and Master+Crazy Hand as separate boss fights for separate characters. It would make more sense for the former to become the latter at sufficiently high intensity...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A shower thought for y'all:

Who knows? Although Marx is the only out out of these that doesn't fight with an initial form.

That being said, here's some art from Fandango to give you folks confidence.

https://www.deviantart.com/professorfandango/art/SMASH-150-178-MARX-774225296

smash_150___178___marx_by_professorfandango-dcsyc28.png

Interestingly, he points out Marx as one of his favorite "sinister" villains mainly because he thinks that he along with Nightmare are among those that still look like they can actually fit in Kirby's setting.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So somebody uber spoiled me on the Geno thread, and I know about Marx in Ultimate. As one of the first characters I supported this season, I'm happy he's gotten the acknowledgement he has, and I'm happy for this group as well. It may not be what we wanted, but it's not bad at all, either. I'm pretty excited to see it (I'm refusing to look at anything about it--at least I can be somewhat surprised, lol.)

calvinhobbes1010

Smash Rookie
NNID
calvinhobbes1010
3DS FC
0387-8842-9682
Who knows? Although Marx is the only out out of these that doesn't fight with an initial form.
Not in Smash, anyway. The main point I was making is that being a boss doesn't rule Marx out as a potential newcomer. While Bandana Dee is much more likely if a Kirby newcomer gets in as DLC (I'm still very supportive of him), I've recently fancied the idea of Marx being playable thanks to Star Allies. It's no guarantee by a long-shot, but maybe one day, the Dee and Clown Borb will team up to fight a Master Hand army...

...a man can dream, dang it!

Top Bottom