• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marx Rolls In! - "Now I can cause all the mischief I want!" - Dream Friend DLC Has Launched!

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
It could get two Reps, but even LoZ, One of Nintendo Most Popular Franchises gained 0 Reps in smash 4
fair point there, but it’s still possible to get two with the popularity of the franchise if fire emblem can get 2/3 if you count lucina but I don’t. also, Zelda was a fairly inactive series to pull from at the time of smash 4

smash puffle

Smash Ace
So apparently Ultimate's Project Plan was completed in December 2015.
I don't know exactly how well Marx placed in the Ballot, but here's hoping he was high enough.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know I didn't even think of Marx during the ballot. If I voted for a Kirby character it would have still been him. But I didn't vote for a Kirby character at all.

I'm pretty sure in Japan at least Magolor and Bandana Dee were the top choices

D

Deleted member

Welp, Marx is toast. (not like he had any chance to begin with)
Though to be honest, I've been considering asking about having my name taken off the support list for a long time now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Eh. If he had any chance, it was going to be through DLC anyway (not that his prospects are good there, either...) Still, I'll keep supporting him. He's the only character I've ever genuinely wanted for a smash game.

Why did I have to pick a character with no chance lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I don't support characters based on chances

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Me too, but honestly i just don't want him in.
So, what? You wanna rain on other people's parades?

Jokes on you, I never thought he had a chance in the first place.

I just want him in

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, what? You wanna rain on other people's parades?

Jokes on you, I never thought he had a chance in the first place.

I just want him in
Nah, just wanted to discuss new fighters.
If he gets in good for Marx fans.
The only reason i don't want him in (right now) is because i wanna see Bandana Dee first.

He could definitley have an instresting moveset though.
My only worry is that he could be too OP.
His moves from KSA would be hard to implement into smash, but then again, Nintendo finds a way.

D

Deleted member

Marx' moveset in his Star Allies DLC convinced me of his validity as a playable characters in multiple kinds of games.
I feel he would be awesome in Smash, and I like to think of him as some sort of predecessor to many final bosses that both Smash and Kirby has endured.

Tabuu being a good example, and just, generally, most mainline Kirby final bosses that came after him. Him also starting the trend of "soul" final boss encounters marks that someone on the Nintendo company finds his role to be the perfect setup for the rest of the franchise.

So even if his chances are slim, his history as a character and boss is enough for me to support his appearance.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Marx' moveset in his Star Allies DLC convinced me of his validity as a playable characters in multiple kinds of games.
I feel he would be awesome in Smash, and I like to think of him as some sort of predecessor to many final bosses that both Smash and Kirby has endured.

Tabuu being a good example, and just, generally, most mainline Kirby final bosses that came after him. Him also starting the trend of "soul" final boss encounters marks that someone on the Nintendo company finds his role to be the perfect setup for the rest of the franchise.

So even if his chances are slim, his history as a character and boss is enough for me to support his appearance.
I agree fully.
I think i worded my previous statement wrong, what i meant was, his chances are low, but as long as we get Bandana Dee first, Marx would fit in perfectly into the roster in my opinion.

My only worry is the moveset.

Flying could work kinda like R.O.B. that's fine and all. But his ariel attacks i imagine would be a bit tough...
Puking Balls that send shockwaves and etc. i feel would make going against Marx be really annoying, considering they'll stay in air all the time for those overpowered attacks.

Here's a custom moveset i found, it's a good moveset, but it kinda show's my point about me being afraid of his strong abilities
Dash attack should just be a Standard Special, and not that fast probably
Standard Special kinda looks way to chunky hitbox-wise, and it looks more like some sort of final smash.
Down ariel needs those shockwaves removed

An Up ariel that Recovers would be way to broken, imagine using up ariel and then Up Special? That's way to good of a recovery! and let's remove the cacti
Side ariel is ok, just make it hit about say, 3 times.
Standard Ariel is good, but imagine how much space it would cover for a single standard ariel, unless marx is super duper small, which just wouldn't work.
Final Smash is perfect, however, but maybe without Nova, I'm about to make the "it's too big argument here" but the ending of Milky Way Wishes showed us that if Nova was the size of a soccer ball on earth, Marx would be the size of a single very very small fly.
Maybe just have the black hole then marx dashing through it maybe.

If he does get in, I'm just afraid he's going to be another Bayonetta.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If Sakurai wanted to allow one more of his sweet babies in a Smash game before he exits the series. There is no doubt in my mind Marx is the favorite here. Star Allies did an amazing job with sizing him down from boss form and for coming up with a logical/unique move set. He may not have Bandana Dee level of attention but he deserves more votes. He’s better than Bandana Dee....period. Also imagine that Final Smash he would have when he does turn into larger Marx and black holes everyone FTW!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If Sakurai wanted to allow one more of his sweet babies in a Smash game before he exits the series. There is no doubt in my mind Marx is the favorite here. Star Allies did an amazing job with sizing him down from boss form and for coming up with a logical/unique move set. He may not have Bandana Dee level of attention but he deserves more votes. He’s better than Bandana Dee....period. Also imagine that Final Smash he would have when he does turn into larger Marx and black holes everyone FTW!
As much as he would be a cool fighter, there are many more characters sakurai will turn to first.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
That’s fair but I was only referring to a “what if” Sakurai decided he wanted another Kirby rep scenario. My argument is more of a put Marx in over Bandana Dee. That’s even if Sakurai was going to make a move for a 4th Kirby rep. Since chances of any more Kirby reps post Sakurai era are unknown.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That’s fair but I was only referring to a “what if” Sakurai decided he wanted another Kirby rep scenario. My argument is more of a put Marx in over Bandana Dee. That’s even if Sakurai was going to make a move got a 4th Kirby rep. Since chances of any more Kirby reps post Sakurai era are unknown.
I honestly think fan demand is going to have Bandana Dee added first. after the quartet of heros or the kirby series is done. i feel like that's when Marx has a stronger chance of joining.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Maybe so. That’s hard to argue with. Marx being a Villain turned DLC hero in Star Allies might be his last saving grace to be chosen over a glorified goomba with headwear and a spear.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Maybe so. That’s hard to argue with. Marx being a Villain turned DLC hero is Star Allies might be his last saving grace to be chosen over a glorified goomba with headwear and a spear.
Your statement about Bandana Dee is true, but he has much more relevance and support than Marx does.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know if Magolor is still the most popular kirby villain in Japan?

He was during the ballot if that ends up meaning something. But there has been some games that have come out since then.

He could have just been the flavor of the day

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
Marx would be cool, although I like Bandana Dee, I think the most important under-represented part of the Kirby franchise is the horrific final bosses. I would've said Dark Matter would be better before, but with Marx's presence in Star Allies, and with Nova's appearance in Planet Robobot, I think Marx would be the most interesting and the most relevant.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
I support Marx! Bandana Dee is cool in his games but I think he is sorta bland. Marx has a very noticeable visual flourish using his corrupt magic. I'm not sure if this thread is still active but add me to the supporters if you want!

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I agree fully.
I think i worded my previous statement wrong, what i meant was, his chances are low, but as long as we get Bandana Dee first, Marx would fit in perfectly into the roster in my opinion.

My only worry is the moveset.

Flying could work kinda like R.O.B. that's fine and all. But his ariel attacks i imagine would be a bit tough...
Puking Balls that send shockwaves and etc. i feel would make going against Marx be really annoying, considering they'll stay in air all the time for those overpowered attacks.

Here's a custom moveset i found, it's a good moveset, but it kinda show's my point about me being afraid of his strong abilities
Dash attack should just be a Standard Special, and not that fast probably
Standard Special kinda looks way to chunky hitbox-wise, and it looks more like some sort of final smash.
Down ariel needs those shockwaves removed

An Up ariel that Recovers would be way to broken, imagine using up ariel and then Up Special? That's way to good of a recovery! and let's remove the cacti
Side ariel is ok, just make it hit about say, 3 times.
Standard Ariel is good, but imagine how much space it would cover for a single standard ariel, unless marx is super duper small, which just wouldn't work.
Final Smash is perfect, however, but maybe without Nova, I'm about to make the "it's too big argument here" but the ending of Milky Way Wishes showed us that if Nova was the size of a soccer ball on earth, Marx would be the size of a single very very small fly.
Maybe just have the black hole then marx dashing through it maybe.

If he does get in, I'm just afraid he's going to be another Bayonetta.
to be fair, when l man that moveset, it was with the theme that he would be bad on the ground, sorta like the opposite of little mac, which is something I forgot to mention in the picture, and a lot of his moves that look powerful wouldn't really be as much as they look due to his size and some balancing of course. Hopefully this clears some things up.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
to be fair, when l man that moveset, it was with the theme that he would be bad on the ground, sorta like the opposite of little mac, which is something I forgot to mention in the picture, and a lot of his moves that look powerful wouldn't really be as much as they look due to his size and some balancing of course. Hopefully this clears some things up.
Ah ok. that makes more sense.

D

Deleted member

Marx is my favorite video game character in any game ever, if he got in i would die of pure joy.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Marx would be pretty awesome. just stands out as so unique and would be rather terrifying :grin:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I HAD NO IDEA MARX WAS COMING BACK TO KIRBY! I 100% support, this little dude would be so fricking fun in smash. I guess my wallet just got 60$ (Plus dlc) lighter. So yeah... I support

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Hello! Count me in as a Marx supporter! The only newcomers I want are him and Incineroar (but a bit less this one).

Something I find a bit strange is that Fountain of Dreams hasn't been revealed yet and, given the popularity of the stage, being competitively legal and it not being included in Smash4, I find it almost impossible for it not appearing in Ultimate. Maybe I'm grasping at straws here but the Fountain appeared in Milky Way Wishes and such a colorful stage would fit the reveal of Marx (and his colorful wings) like a glove.

Well, a man can dream!

apparently marx's theme was in SSBB and I didnt know until today
anyway, besides marx himself I'd like to see his Superstar Ultra boss arena be a stage, the cool psychedelic rainbow void reminds me of some of the old final destinations

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I think Marx would be perfect for smash bros, he's one of Sakurai's children and i think he has awesome moveset potential

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
apparently marx's theme was in SSBB and I didnt know until today
anyway, besides marx himself I'd like to see his Superstar Ultra boss arena be a stage, the cool psychedelic rainbow void reminds me of some of the old final destinations
This is still my favorite version of his theme. I hope they keep it in Ultimate. I mean, Halberd's confirmed to be coming back, but they randomly removed the song Checker Knights from it going from SSBB to SSB4 and now I'm all paranoid about it. If we can't have Marx, at least let me have his theme plz ;-;

D

Deleted member

This is still my favorite version of his theme. I hope they keep it in Ultimate. I mean, Halberd's confirmed to be coming back, but they randomly removed the song Checker Knights from it going from SSBB to SSB4 and now I'm all paranoid about it. If we can't have Marx, at least let me have his theme plz ;-;
I wonder if we'll get a remix actually. I wouldn't mind if Marx got another remix, but i'd hope they keep both in as well.
It seems memorable enough to get two versions.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Your statement about Bandana Dee is true, but he has much more relevance and support than Marx does.
Though relevance and support plays a huge role in Sakurai’s decision making. It’s not always a main factor for 100% of the roster. People tend to forget it’s also about who Sakurai’s see’s as a good fit AND who he can make a fun and unique move set for. When Wii Fit Trainer joined Smash there was no prior support or fan demand for her. That was all Sakurai. Also if we shared the videos of Marx’s and Bandana Dee’s move sets from Star Allies. In my opinion Bandana Dee’s move set pales in comparison to Marx’s. Marx would be so much more interesting to me. Also does Bandana Dee have an amazing theme song like Marx? Nah dude, he don’t. Haha just so you know this is all in good fun. I enjoy sticking up for Marx. For all we know we could be doing this for no reason because asking for a 4th Kirby rep might be asking too much from Sakurai.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Though relevance and support plays a huge role in Sakurai’s decision making. It’s not always a main factor for 100% of the roster. People tend to forget it’s also about who Sakurai’s see’s as a good fit AND who he can make a fun and unique move set for. When Wii Fit Trainer joined Smash there was no prior support or fan demand for her. That was all Sakurai. Also if we shared the videos of Marx’s and Bandana Dee’s move sets from Star Allies. In my opinion Bandana Dee’s move set pales in comparison to Marx’s. Marx would be so much more interesting to me. Also does Bandana Dee have an amazing theme song like Marx? Nah dude, he don’t. Haha just so you know this is all in good fun. I enjoy sticking up for Marx. For all we know we could be doing this for no reason because asking for a 4th Kirby rep might be asking too much from Sakurai.
Oh yeah. Relevance isn't the only factor, but it's a big one. And i don't see Marx being good for a Smash game personally. If you taking his moves from KSA, I'd find it a bit hard to make him not op.

Top Bottom