• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marx Rolls In! - "Now I can cause all the mischief I want!" - Dream Friend DLC Has Launched!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Oh yeah. Relevance isn't the only factor, but it's a big one. And i don't see Marx being good for a Smash game personally. If you taking his moves from KSA, I'd find it a bit hard to make him not op.
I mean any playable character in KSA looks OP. That game has crazy easy AI. Of course Marx would be scaled down but still would be well represented. He’s Sakurai’s creation. Plus he has a ball that rolls around underneath him. What other character has that?! Cmon man! Bandana Dee’s spear is about good enough for an Assist Trophy spot. I’ll give it that. I say that’s good enough fan service. But like I’ve said already, I’d be shocked if here even is a 4th Kirby rep.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I mean any playable character in KSA looks OP. That game has crazy easy AI. Of course Marx would be scaled down but still would be well represented. He’s Sakurai’s creation. Plus he has a ball that rolls around underneath him. What other character has that?! Cmon man! Bandana Dee’s spear is about good enough for an Assist Trophy spot. I’ll give it that. I say that’s good enough fan service. But like I’ve said already, I’d be shocked if here even is a 4th Kirby rep.
What i meant was. I feel Marx's moveset in particular would be a bit tough to tone down. Like his ball drop. (Down Ariel) or Laser and stuff like that.
It could just be me. I just don't really feel he meets the categories to be a smash fighter. that's not saying i don't want him in. I do, but i just feel it'd be a bit hard to transfer his moves into smash.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
What i meant was. I feel Marx's moveset in particular would be a bit tough to tone down. Like his ball drop. (Down Ariel) or Laser and stuff like that.
It could just be me. I just don't really feel he meets the categories to be a smash fighter. that's not saying i don't want him in. I do, but i just feel it'd be a bit hard to transfer his moves into smash.
Well Sakurai has pulled off some miracles before. Here’s hoping for another one if Marx gets in.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
So I was thinking about how to show support for some of my most wanted fighters, and what better way than to make some art of them? So here's my support for Marx! https://imgur.com/a/geePudn

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
While Bandana Dee is currently my most wanted Kirby rep, followed by Magolor, Marx would be an interesting choice! I used to hate him when I was younger, but after they handled him in Star Allies, he's quite the character.
I personally just feel that Kirby could use more representation at this point. As deep as its lore goes, as many characters that join the cast, and as one of Nintendo's best-selling franchises, it stokes me to see this many people agree that it's time for Kirby to receive a new fighter.

The only thing that I'm concerned about is how he hasn't been shown to be relevant since Super Star. However, that didn't stop one of my other wanted characters, K. Rool from showing up once again! Relevancy doesn't really matter anymore, does it? :laugh:

I still support Bandana Dee as my most wanted newcomer, but I'd love to be added to the Marx support list as well!

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Took a shot at what I think Marx's palette swaps would be. I struggled a bit with the last one, so I feel like that could be easily changed. But on that note, add me to that juicy support list! He'd definitely be a fun and wacky addition.

https://imgur.com/a/17vcWKA

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Another Kirby rep would be a dream and Marx is the man, add me to that supporters list :upsidedown:

The moveset possibilities!

D

Deleted member

Marx is a solid idea for a Kirby rep in my honest opinion. But I do think he's a bit on the overrated side in some ways when it comes to support. The only reason people are clamoring for it as strongly as they are now is because of the Dream Friends in Star Allies. Which came out this year, long after the roster for Ultimate was decided upon.

It's made worse by that also being the cause of claims like "Bandana Dee is just a Goomba with a hat" to become as prominent as they are nowadays. It's a total case of people supporting one character and then jumping ship and completely contradicting themselves once another option comes out of nowhere too late.

But all in all, I would be happy if Marx became playable. So you can call me a supporter.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
The only reason people are clamoring for it as strongly as they are now is because of the Dream Friends in Star Allies.
*puts on hipster glasses* I'll have you know I wanted Marx to be playable in Smash bros WAY before it was cool.

seriously though I've wanted him since brawl, please gib mashpotato samurai

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
*puts on hipster glasses* I'll have you know I wanted Marx to be playable in Smash bros WAY before it was cool.

I honestly just feel it's time for another Kirby character this time around. The series has more to represent than just the "big three".

I thought about Marx being added when Smash 4 was announced, but he hadn't made any big appearances since Super Star/Ultra that I dismissed the fact. Now it seems that he has a chance for at least DLC.

D

Deleted member

Believe me I'm aware there are people who wanted Marx years before Star Allies. But there are a lot of people who are only just suddenly clamoring for him and dismissing Bandanda Dee's chances despite being totally on board for him before hand.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Believe me I'm aware there are people who wanted Marx years before Star Allies. But there are a lot of people who are only just suddenly clamoring for him and dismissing Bandanda Dee's chances despite being totally on board for him before hand.
I wish those fans could support a character without tearing another down. Waddle Dee is cute character that has been the "fourth" party member for a while now, but I also want a final boss like Marx and Magolor. Nightmare, Dark Matter, and Zero would make good assists.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I wish those fans could support a character without tearing another down. Waddle Dee is cute character that has been the "fourth" party member for a while now, but I also want a final boss like Marx and Magolor. Nightmare, Dark Matter, and Zero would make good assists.
Personally, I don't see why we couldn't get two more Kirby reps at most.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Marx is my #1 pick for a newcomer. I'll main him even if he's terrible. He needs to be in.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Marx is a solid idea for a Kirby rep in my honest opinion. But I do think he's a bit on the overrated side in some ways when it comes to support. The only reason people are clamoring for it as strongly as they are now is because of the Dream Friends in Star Allies. Which came out this year, long after the roster for Ultimate was decided upon.

It's made worse by that also being the cause of claims like "Bandana Dee is just a Goomba with a hat" to become as prominent as they are nowadays. It's a total case of people supporting one character and then jumping ship and completely contradicting themselves once another option comes out of nowhere too late.

But all in all, I would be happy if Marx became playable. So you can call me a supporter.
I see Bandana dee more of a Toad with a headlamp

And that was befor star allies was a thing,

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If he has a moveset similar to how he plays in Star Allies, I definitely would love to see him in the game.

NineS

Smash Lord
Count me for a Marx supporter. Communism is a little dated, though...
I prefer him over Magolor and Waddle Dee by far. He's a classic antagonist, an one of the only Kirby Villains who did it for the fun of it. Not to mention, his moves all seem so dynamic, and flashy. Far more fun than the kind you'd see from those other two big Kirby characters. Not to mention, it's hard to not love this guy's evil eyes.

... I just hope the spike in popularity Kirby Star Allies gave him again as playable lends a hand, if not base game, at least DLC.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Was Marx shown to be a Spirit? I didn't see him there. There's hope he's DLC!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DrchDQtUwAEeFFd.jpg

Marx made it on the banner even though he isn't from this DLC. Adeleine did too/

Just goes to show Nintendo knows how popular these characters are

Now if you could just make it to DLC, Marx.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
View attachment 176647

Marx made it on the banner even though he isn't from this DLC. Adeleine did too/

Just goes to show Nintendo knows how popular these characters are

Now if you could just make it to DLC, Marx.
That's really cool to see. I hope that means they won't get swept under the rug again. One of my biggest problems with the series has always been how they ignored their older characters and I don't want to see it go back to that.

Also Taranza hype. I need this DLC now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Marx still hasn't been seen as a spirit!

...that could change at any moment...

But all his competition has been seen.

Could we get our boy?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Spirits don't deconfirm and I doubt they planned that far ahead if the DLC roster was finalized only recently. It would have been a huge oversight to leave out a Marx spirit.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Marx is still my personal choice for a new Kirby character. Dee is a monster to compete with in terms of popularity, but Marx is just that epic kind of dark, psychadelic badass. Without Skull Kid, I need a colorful, helldimensional imp in some form.

Top Bottom