• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 XBL/PSN Discussion

Grunt

Smash Master
Douglas J Falcon Simply grew too old to to carry on the legacy of Captain Falcon, so he left it Rick Wheeler, which is why Falcon sucks in Brawl. So after These years without being Captain Falcon, he decided to harness the electro-magnetic power within his knee, and now...

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
hahaha the MvC2 announcement is prob the only reason I plan on getting an xbox live account. Now I just gotta train up my team Clockw0rk again...

Mith_

Smash Champion
Not if she misses her Killer Bee Assault :p

You don't get flying screen if you miss, soo............Juggernaut can head crush x5 when she misses.

I'm prolly be going to play top tier teams (Santhrax, Combofiend) for ranked matches, but as for player matches, Ruby Heart 4 life.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
For ranked you gotta use named teams, otherwise your rank will stay very low. I personally don't care.
I'll be mixing it up in player matches, really need to dust off my Cable and Sentinel.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Just like in SFIV online, I doubt ranked will really matter. I'm betting some really unorthodox teams will do really well online.

I just watched Inventive flow's video again for the first time in a year. It reminds me why Marvel2 is too intense!

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Just like in SFIV online, I doubt ranked will really matter. I'm betting some really unorthodox teams will do really well online.

I just watched Inventive flow's video again for the first time in a year. It reminds me why Marvel2 is too intense!
If Marvel is gonna be anything like SF4, I'm sure after you're rank goes up you won't find any matches.
Part of the reason I stay in low rankings in SF4, though I've been told I play a good Ryu (which I hate btw)

Mith_

Smash Champion
Man I can never tell if a Ryu player is good or not because there are too many bad ones, and a few mediocre ones so when I face the legit ones I get mad that I lose to them because of all the scrub ones.

whoops, thats about SF4 haha.

About Marvel:
I don't see the point of ranked matches tbh, the competitive scene of this game is too dead for online to matter.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Man I can never tell if a Ryu player is good or not because there are too many bad ones, and a few mediocre ones so when I face the legit ones I get mad that I lose to them because of all the scrub ones.

whoops, thats about SF4 haha.

About Marvel:
I don't see the point of ranked matches tbh, the competitive scene of this game is too dead for online to matter.
No, it will go through a short revival, because it will be obtainable by the masses (so you wouldn't have to buy a DC, Pay $80 for a ps2 copy, or hope your cpu will run it emulated).
Plus there is the possibility of a new batch of players wanting to join the competitive scene fueling the community a little more. But I guarantee that you will see more unorthodox teams.

Mith_

Smash Champion
So whos your fav character that you will be running in each of your teams?

The following characters can't be chosen as a fav:

Sentinel
Storm
Magneto
Cable
Cyclops
Iron Man
War Machine
Doctor Doom
Strider

As for me, Ruby Heart of course.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Strider, Doom and Sentinel.

Might switch it up with some Cable and Psylocke.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Man I love that game, used to own it till the CD broke, my favourite character was Mega Man.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Morrigan, Sonson, BB Hood, Ruby, Psylocke (as an actual character).
I just don't know all Ruby's super pattern tricks, they take some quick thinking to do in an actual match, but lead to some pretty awesome combos.

My favorite high tier team is MSP
My favorite custom team is either Morrigan/Ruby/Cammy or Morrigan/Strider/Psylocke aka The True MSP.

Mith_

Smash Champion
High Tier = Santhrax
Custom = Ruby/Iron Man/Doom

I'm thinking of trying team Alpha Counter, Cyclops-B/Cable-B/Capcom-B
Run away and build meter, if you block, Alpha Counter xx SoB/AHVB/Captain Sword xx DHC

Sinatra'

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering who is a better throw assist character, Zangief, or Anakaris?

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Zangief has some cool stuff with AA throw, but Anakaris is an overall better character.
Anakaris' throws is kinda like a setup thing, with mostly higher character being able to utilize it, though it sets up lots of combos or supers. I prefer using Anakaris in AA, equals a lot of lockdowns.

I forgot about Anakaris, he was in some of my teams. Gotta re-evaluate some of my teams, cause he is pretty good.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Gief's air throw is impossible to land without setting it up.
Gief's throw assists have some sick nasty follow ups. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjWcVgSj7iY
Anak's throw is too hard to follow up with imo.
Anak is a better character though, like judge said.
Whenever I use Gief seriously, I run him on point, build a meter, go mech and gtfo. Then I exploit his lariat assist.

Sinatra'

Smash Apprentice
oh man you just reminded me of those infinite combos, It's going to suck playing this game online and being slaughtered by these people that can do those things...

FrancisM2DaIzH

Smash Cadet
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Its coming out on Xbox arcade soon and i'm looking foward to getting it. Its also going to be on PSN, its $15. I played the first MvsC on the PS1 and thats what originally got me into fighting games, i never played the 2nd one though, is it good? well i get this is basically a Marvel Vs. Capcom disscussion thread.

=]

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I merged all relevant M vs C 2 threads for the sake of keeping it alive, since it'll be a new release I believe. Also changed the title for accuracy on the thread's direction.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Magneto-A/Sentinel-Y/Psylocke-A ALL DAY!!!

Cant wait for this, I am going to have 4 big titles I will be playing now!

SF4,BB,MVC2 and Melee!

Fletch

Smash Master
Haven't really picked anything up on PSN outside of Rock Band songs, but might have to get this for all the brokenness/awesomeness of MvC2.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This game is still not out yet? D=

Anyways, besides TMNT Turtles in Time, I'll get this game as well.

Saltix

Smash Lord
THIS GAME IS OUT
AND I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR IT

And I don't think anyone has any extra MS points lying around lol

Isn't there a new rap soundtrack?

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Thank god the sound track is the same. The jazz suits the game so well.

I keep seeing so many Sentinel/Magneto/Storm teams online @_@

I'm still working on my team right now, and I can't decide what I like. I use Cammy in all the other street fighter games, but she feels so different in this one.

Grunt

Smash Master
i only saw one good person use msp/mss online. everyone else was bad but pretending to be good.

Im still trying to do some decent combos with storm, this game is **** hard o.0
So my team right now is storm...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Megaman, B.B. Hood, and Venom I'm trying to be good with since that's my old team. Mid tier characters yes, but I still use them. =D

FTWin

Smash Cadet
I've been playing this nonstop lol. I mostly use Magneto, Cable and Captain Commando, but im tryin to work some new characters in. That's in ranked.
Not ranked, i ususally use Zangief, Magneto, and im trying to learn Spidey.

Top Bottom