• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 XBL/PSN Discussion

Agent Green

Smash Cadet
Me.

1. Megaman:
Type: Anti-air.

2. Storm.
Type: Variety.

3. Cyclops.
Type: Anti-air.

Sometimes i'll replace Cyclops with...

3. Tron Bonne.
Type: Ground.

BTW, the top 4 characters are...

Cable.
Sentinel.
Storm.
Magneto.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
ill agree with u on storm being the best character, but i disagree with cable and sentinel

My top team:

1. Doctor Doom (Anti Air)

2. Venom (Expansion or Launcher)

3. Black Heart (Ground or Antiair)

Ill sometimes replace venom and doc's order, or ill sometimes substitute any of them for

1. Rogue (dash type)

2. Spiderman (capture type)

3. Omega Red (ground type)

If im feeling risky (or i need a specific type of counter) ill use:

1. Stryider (not sure what type, cuase i rarely use him)

2. Iron Man (any type will do, i only use him for his hypercombo)

to be honest ill use any of the 6 fighters in any combination, but usually venom or doc will take out the opponent team, then ill jus use blackheat's hypercombos for the remainging foes

I can see that ur a ranged type player, but why dont u use iron man? he's way better than mega man (and he has better hypercombos than him and sentinal combined)

Happytime_Harry

Smash Rookie
Sorry, i'm Agent Green. My RPG character glitched, so I had to make a new account. Anyway...

Megaman has been my character since day one. Some reasons that I use him.

-Small target, and fairly durable too.

-Effective combos.

-Hyper megaman has invincibility frames.

-Mega buster EATS mindless rushdown for breakfast.

-Excellent at keep away.

Not great by himself, but his mega buster combined with Trons ground assist does lots and LOTS of damage. Preppy plays good megaman.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea with Cable is a god tier. I don't get it.

Sentinel, however, is a different story. He's easily one of the fastest characters in the game, with an 8-way dash and a VERY cheap aerial projectile. He eats middle tiers for breakfast with stompdown. NOt only that, but ALL of his attacks, even jabs and short kicks, cause chipping damage, which means they cause damage even when blocked. You can't do much against him unless you have a god or top tier player against him.

Storm also has an 8-way dash, VERY VERY nasty combos, which BTW are comboable into Lightning storm or hailstorm. An aerial raved lightning storm DHC pretty much means instant death against pixies. (Small, fast characters, mostly the females.). Storm can stay in the air for a VERY long time, and her hyper combos are the best in the game.

Magneto is a difficult character to learn. What he lacks in dashes he makes up for in a huge variety of infinites that don't require a wall. He makes an excellent DHC character if you can learn how to use him.

Happytime_Harry

Smash Rookie
I'm saving up for the PS2 version. $50 for a used copy. What a load of crap. Oh well, rare games are like that. It's gonna be $60 for the SF anniversary joystick, but I can't play this game with an analog controller. It just wouldn't work.

You guys need to be careful with Wolverine. He has some nasty combos, but his defense is HORRIBLE. The only three characters who take more damage than him are "Boneclaw" Wolverine, Akuma, and Roll.

zerofaction96

Smash Cadet
My best team are Captain Commando Iron Man and Cable I have beat the game 28 time using that team

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Cyclops, Cable, Iceman

also sub in: Storm, Captain America, Spiderman

Happytime_Harry

Smash Rookie
A few good choices there, but you should also know that Spiderman has a crap-lousy defense as well. You should use them for assists rather than primary characters.

Sometimes, when I wan't to relive the past, I replace Cyclops with:

Jill: Heal type.

Hayato: Anti-air type.

Ruby heart: Expansion type. (Or whatever it is. The assist is "Sublimation")

Ashura Fan

Smash Apprentice
SSJMarioBros said:
Man that game is soo awesome, I wish Capcom release it for the Gamecube.
I believe they did. Not that its any good, considering I don't find Gamecube controllers designed for these type of fighters (though I haven't exactly played them frequently enough.)

Its been ages since I've played the Dreamcast version. I got my best score with a team of Ken, Megaman, and Tron. Other than that, I think my team would be Gambit, Cable, and Jill.

courage

Smash Apprentice
Magneto
Grapple

Cable
Anti-air

Silver Samurai
depends on my mood

I think there all good characters but my friend joe is ranked number one in New Mexico and would tear me up in MVC2 but ohh well ill beat him some day

Happytime_Harry

Smash Rookie
I'll bet he uses team "Santhrax", which is either Cable/Sentinel/Storm, or Cable/Sentinel/Magneto. God tiers = tournament winners.

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
Cable, Ryu, and Tron Bonne.

Man I need to dust off my dreamcast now and start playing this game again. It was no soul calibur but still an amazing game.

courage

Smash Apprentice
magneto
cable
storm

Im ok but my freind joe is awsome hes ranked number one in new mexico....
Wait did i just say this?

Happytime_Harry

Smash Rookie
Yeah, you did. I can see that you like god tier characters.

I wouldn't recommend Magneto though. He's a VERY difficult character to learn, and not a wise choice unless you can ebcome proficient at his rushdown and infinites. Try Cyclops or Iron man.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
My friend's pretty good with magneto.

but i would defenatly reccoment cyclops or iron man. Iron man has horrible hand to hand, but that's not why ur using him.

When i do use him, i try to keep away and use the crouch fierce. In otherwords, i only use him for proton cannon. It has awesome chip damage and is the staple for linking into other hypers.

Me? I came up with a hypercombo link that works pretty well:

The team organization should go (but can be flipped around a little bit): Venom, Dr. Doom, Blackheart

Okay, the first part is kind of easy: by using venom (my best close range fighter) and Doom's antiair assist (which features ridiculous amounts of chip damage) I just build up my hypercombo bar till 3.

Once that's done, the fun starts: by doing a simpe bait capture (ex: Blackheart's fierce kick is one of the best captures) or just lucky timing, start venom's venom web (the one where he jumps and webs up the opponent) I wait a little bit for the combo to run, then at 8-10 hits i bring in doom's air fireball. I realize the fact that this only works once every blue moon, but the enemy is already trapped thanks to venom. You can get some easy unblocked damage, and if at this point the enemy isnt dead, bring in blackheart's armageddon for the final blow. The reason this works is because doom's fireball forces the enemy up screen, and armageddon starts high, and forces the enemy back down again. at this point your oppnent should be pretty damaged (if not dead) and if you managed to get some more hypercombo bars, Blackheart's flying hell (the hypercombo ending with double kick) is pretty hard to avoid, and does some fair damage.

wow that was alot of typing. An alternate to this is using doom's photon array, but the problem with that is that it moves so fast and does enough damage on its own.

Happytime_Harry

Smash Rookie
Storm and Magneto go good together for setting up DHCs. Have storm do a S. lk mk hk jump lp lk lp lk lightning attack lightning storm, and DHC into magnetic beam. If this works, things die. Immediately.

For those who got a bit confused...

S. = Standing.
lk = Light kick.
mk = Medium kick.
hk = Hard kick.
lp = Light punch.
mp = Medium punch.
hp = Hard punch.

So, the combo would look like...

Standing Light kick, Medium kick, Hard kick (Enemy is launched from this attack.), Tap up to chase, Light punch, Light kick, Light punch, Light kick, Lightning attack, then end it with Lightning storm. Before the storm ends, input Magnetos Magnetic beam combo, and watch your opponet just EAT damage. I've seen this kill at 60% and higher. It's VERY nasty.

I use Cyclops though because he works better with storm. His anti-air assist sets up for Hailstorm and aerial raves into Lightning storm, which you can DHC with Cyclops into Mega optic blast for TONS of damage. Or, you can put Cyclops on point, do a lp mp combo (Just those two hits. The mp launches.), start a mega optic blast, and in the middle of it, DHC into storms Hailstorm. Hailstorm is the SAFEST hyper combo in the game because it has NO recovery time afterwords, so you can DHC into it and have nothing to worry about afterwords. Amazing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Awesome! Thanks for posting this. Hopefully this means that Marvel and Capcom want to make a sequel of some sort.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im selling my ps2 copy...I cant play it anymore because my ps2 cant read blue discs ;_;. Fun game though.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Its only the greatest 2-D fighter ever. 3 on 3 battles. Massive selection of characters. Tons and Tons of unlockable crap. And Mecha-Zangief. Whats not to like?

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I saw it at a Gamestop down here for 80 bucks. I still have the original Dreamcast version. I havnt played it in so long though. My fav. team was Hayato, Wolverine (Adamante/sp?), and either Strider or Magneto. I went more for mass combo-ing and stat boosting specials then the blasting and rush attack specials. Good players could almost always see them coming.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Greatest 2D fighter ever? I think you're confusing this game with Guilty Gear.

That being said this game is amazing and if I had the money I would buy it in a second. Sadly I have the money but I am ironically saving up for an arcade stick for my PS2.

Top Bottom