• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Zones

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Personally, I think we should make this thread against multiple characters, so we can have foavorable and unfavorable zones for each character.

Like against a Jigglypuff, far is favorable and so is mid. Close is harsh though because of her grabs.

Against a Yoshi however, mid and close are pretty favorable and far is bad.
Marth's zones are pretty consistent. There's no reason he should keep Yoshi WITHIN his SAFEST and most EFFECTIVE tipper zone under any circumstances.. this applies to pretty much everyone unless you're camping. And if you're camping you only want them to come as far as his tipper range and not let them in any further.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
good guide, i like the pictures

The part where zoning gets hard is when you take into account characters that can stutter step to achieve your same ground range. Also, characters with long rolls.

I know some Yoshi's and Jiggs that could wreck your ***.
I know of a sonic or 2, and definately a yoshi.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Hey steel2nd. Could you possibly give me 2 pictures like you have for marth? You don't need to add the coloring, I can do that myself.

One of rob vs falco (similar to marth vs falco)

And one with DDD standing in the center against ROB on the left or right of the stage, kind of far.

I'd really appreciate it. And it would help send the point home on my blog.

lolgrec

Smash Cadet
bumpity bump bump and GG if this thread isn't probably one of the biggest helps for those who know just a little about marth's game and for those who are well advanced players lol do you just pour out awesome or does it take even a bit of effort?

Iamagundam

Smash Rookie
DI? DB?

DS=Dolphin Slash?

what is DI or DB? or any other... D... acronyms?

or acronyms period! lolz. Falco.. YES! but that is harder than it seems. he can do that forward B attack through you and continue to laser.. I guess I need more falco experience. Fought a BEAST falco at this "tourney" I went to. Cool guy too ^-^ *thumbs up*

Player-3

Smash Hero
ds = dolphin slash (up b)

db = dancing blade (side b)

di = directional influence (control stick)

Devinish

Smash Cadet
This post was infracted for "spam" because I was discouraging necroposting. What a joke.

Top Bottom