• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
*chimes in*

It's the first tier list. Of course it's not gonna seem all that great.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
Falco was put at top tier because of all the **** match ups he has, but this would go against EL's logic about the top match ups. Either way, Marth doesn't **** as many characters as falco does which is why they put him up there.

But that tier list is garbage anyway imo
so this brings us back to what i said about falco's placement in the tier list being so because of the **** matchup he has against the less good characters wich contradicts with the tier list being based on the top 10 match-ups, which i agree with EL as being more suited. Now if we follow his logic then that brings incoherences in the tier list as you said.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Personally I think marth should be above ROB and Falco simply for the reasons you and EL stated, but gg SBR >_>

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Why bother with the tier list. Let the falco and rob mainers have their pat on the back. It doesn't really mean much. It's not like the tier list ACTUALLY changes anything about how we play our character.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Yes, and i think it was yoshi's ftilt range that settled that. Thanks for pointing that out.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
^Yes and I've changed my position, I used to think it mattered. All I can say is that we Marth mains gotta stick together and win all the tourneys we can and play as hard as we can and GIVE 'EM HELL

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Remember guys that even though we are done, feel free to go back into any match-up thread to post your thoughts and strategies.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
yeah, because there's gonna be fresh stuff to try everyday, I wonder who's next Steel...

Pokemon Trainer, Link, Ganondorf? (we really are almost done, I had 2 remember those names...)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
People left:
-falcon
-ganon
-ike
-jiggly
-link
-lucas
-marth(lol ditto)
-ness
-olimar
-pt

Guys iono, falcon owns Marth we should probably cover him soon. 80:20 Falcon

Mmac

Smash Lord
Looking back, Grab Release to Dancing Blade/Dolphin Slash on MetaKnight might be more helpful than you might think. Forward, Forward, Upwards sets MetaKnight perfectly for a Sweetspot final Upwards Dancing Blade which can kill at 80. Dolphin Slash also works well, but is stubborn (at least for me), But can kill just as early near the ledge. B-Sticking makes it easier.

I don't Main Marth and I don't like telling other people what to do, but I think it's being overlooked and underestimated in this matchup

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It won't kill at 80. Each hit deteriorates the next one.

GR is good, but somewhat overrated.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
We will probably rediscuss Meta once we finish the match ups. We took all of those into consideration, and DB doesn't kill Meta till about 100.. at least on FD.

Mmac

Smash Lord
It won't kill at 80. Each hit deteriorates the next one.

GR is good, but somewhat overrated.
Oh yeah.... forgot about that.....

Wow, It deteriorates fast :S Still Dolphin Slash works great B-Sticked

We will probably rediscuss Meta once we finish the match ups. We took all of those into consideration, and DB doesn't kill Meta till about 100.. at least on FD.
I'm not completely saying to completely focus on Grab Releases, but sloping it to slightly more in the grab game can't hurt.

Yeah it doesn't. I forgot I was testing on Training.... but I didn't knew that each hit in the chain reduces the overall strike of the attack. It can still be used as a good damage racker though

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
We probably won't even discuss the grab release when we rediscuss.. like El said it's pretty overrated.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Yea also I've been notricing the only thing that's work on meta ater grab release is dash attack if the mk double sticks away from marth he can't do f-air db or ds I've try'd numerous times with those 3 options they use to work but not anymore only dash attack works when they double stick away from you

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Updated kirby and fox ratios. i really felt these two matches should be closer after looking back on them

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Fox was fine at 65/35 IMO. Kirby is a much better character then Fox with better options overall.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
But fox is fast and stuffs >_>

Similar to sheik imo when it comes to getting inside Marth's sword, though he has like no approach. Am I wrong on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom