• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
ahh...

Roy....
Those were the days. I loves using him. Even though he was crappy. I thoght those days would last forever.

.........nahh. I dont care. He sucked. MARTH FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chuckle:

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I think a general summary should be included in the first post of every thread.

However, if you able to ask for match-up help, your able to gather knowledge by reading (but its a lot of pages lol)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I think a general summary should be included in the first post of every thread.

However, if you able to ask for match-up help, your able to gather knowledge by reading (but its a lot of pages lol)
Please, do some work and read the threads <_<

We give you the ratio, now read the thread to find out why >_>

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
im not saying for myself, I understand, im just saying in general steel. I myself went thru most of the pages in most of the threads.

that's why I said if you can ask the question, you can do the reading.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
On the Marth Boards, things will not be handed to you on silver platter. Our Boards are elitist, which we take pride in (I do at least). If you want information here, you have to look for it yourself.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
im not saying for myself, I understand, im just saying in general steel. I myself went thru most of the pages in most of the threads.

that's why I said if you can ask the question, you can do the reading.
I wasn't referring to you in particular, i was also speaking in general.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Steel, would you mind adding Sheik/Zelda? (for my chart)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Hey Steel, would you mind adding Sheik/Zelda? (for my chart)
THAT REQUIRES MORE WORK.

But we could, but there's a slight reason why I didn't do it. If Sheik switches to Zelda she is giving up the best attribute she has in the match, speed. If anything.. Sheik/Zelda may be worse than just Sheik alone. I could be wrong, waiting for Ankoku's response on aim >_>

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Dan, just put it at 60:40. It's not likely to happen though, since Sheik benefits much more from just staying as Sheik.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Hey steel, I think it would be a good idea to sort the matchups in some way (in the OP), maybe starting with the easiest and going to the most difficult or vice versa.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
May I ask how the match-up ratio for Ike ended up being 60:40? I was under the impression that the consensus was eventually 65-35 at worst. Did something change your mind (because it wasn't in the thread)?

-007-

Smash Cadet
I would say that these match-ups are fairly accurate. MK as usual has an advantage against everyone really :/

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'll watch it later, but a character doesn't move up 20 points because of one move that we already took into consideration in the initial discussion.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
60:40 = slight advantage, which is what you asked for.

When i say 20 points i mean 10 points on each side.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I need an AIM I can't use one because on my phone my dad has his registered on here. And for some reason it only allows one log-in per blackberry.

Also not trying to put down any1's skill but Boss beat Neo at a tourny that was just held. So it's not just me.
Or we could talk about it in the MBR

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Kadaj, you shouldn't use my set as support for the ratio change. At the end of the day, regardless of all the work I do by myself - I still rarely ever play anyone. I made a lot of stupid mistakes vs Boss that allowed him to just up-b me and take the match. Boss gets to practice vs Marth, I get to practice vs nobody.

I learned a lot of things I can do/didn't do vs Luigi though. My Marth isn't that good atm, wait until I play him next time ; )

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I know what you mean ^
I made a lot of dumb mistakes when I played him as well, on the other hand me and you fall in the same category I don't have any1 to practice against like most people do either (maybe once a week someone is over).

But I have a question. How did you defend against his down b?

Ulevo

Smash Master
The only match ups I do not entirely agree with are the Meta Knight, Ike and Link match ups. Everything else seems golden. Nothing less of the Marth boards.

I'm proud of you guys, you make me tear up. * Sniff *

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
What are your proposed ratios for those matchups Ulevo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom