• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

io728

Smash Cadet
A small town no one has ever heard of, MN
:redx:Match-ups really can't be accurately mesured, since different people have different skill levels. Although some characters can easily pwn others, most game's outcomes are biased by hazards, items, etc. The only real way to measure this type of thing is to have two level nines duke it out on final destination or battlefield with no items.:goomba:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
:redx:Match-ups really can't be accurately mesured, since different people have different skill levels. Although some characters can easily pwn others, most game's outcomes are biased by hazards, items, etc. The only real way to measure this type of thing is to have two level nines duke it out on final destination or battlefield with no items.:goomba:
Serious post?

ScythedBlade

Smash Cadet
Will Marth's metagame improve to be pretty good?

So like ... I just found out Ken was at Survivor Gabon from like a good part ... and wow, he just came back and got 2nd at EvoWorld 2008...

(Lols, I wanna see what happened ... it premieres on 9/25)

Anyone think Marth will go higher on the tier list?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Because people who ask that question are really asking, "Is my character good enough to win or should I sell out to top tiers?"

The answer is the latter.

Just sell out and pick MK.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Lol @ steel

Yea your kinda right EL but in the same token by saying that it won't get better will drive them away :laugh:
But it's the truth really. If that truth alone drives them away, then they wouldn't have stuck with Marth for long anyway because they will soon see that he cannot consistently win tournaments, and will sell themselves to the top best anyway.

EL is simply making the process quicker I suppose.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
^^^ This.

If you are waiting for Marth to be top tier then just pick MK and Snake and save yourself some time. Maining a character is never about winning. It's about love of the character unless you just so happen to love a character that can win consistently.

If you want to win then play characters that win and stop sitting on your *** and waiting for your main to "develop" enough to win.

That kind of thinking just pisses me off and it's an insult to true mainers of that character.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Steel, there's a mistake in the OP. It says "50:50 Marth's favour" (vs DK)

∫unk

Smash Master
I agree mk is overpowered but I don't see myself losing to someone that is of lesser skill than me because they pick mk.

Its not like mk can't be beaten.

Idk just some random words
Ah but if you go to a tourney you will meet a MK that's equally skilled as you and you'll lose to him.

There's a reason why NEO is consistently losing to Metaknights in tourney and it's not cause he sucks or lacks experience. This game is just really unbalanced.

In an ideal world you should be able to main a character you like and have a shot at winning a tournament. This was more true in melee because the existence of AT's helped lower tiers more, but it was still unbalanced.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You will definitely lose to some meta's that aren't on the same skill level as you. That's just how gay he is.

Fleabag14

Smash Rookie
Help!

i am playing marth and i can not for the life of me beat a friend (he plays mario pit and diddy) any tips he doesnt come off the stage he never jumps or fights in the air all he does is dodge and use down A and his normal B.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You will definitely lose to some meta's that aren't on the same skill level as you. That's just how gay he is.
I always thought I'd lose to at least a MK above me...

But yesterday...

>_<

I could have gotten 4th...this one time.

I will DESTROY YOU MK! >=(

Fleabag14:

Use Dtilt, fastfall'd Fairs to bait them to spotdodge, shield arrows/fireballs while you walk toward them/throw bananas back at them or throw them up to delay them.

When you bait them to dodge, Dancing Blade. All the way.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
there's something i'm not getting: marth has only one matchup in his disadvantage being metaknight (duh!) and very few neutrals giving him like the second best overall matchups of the roster behind metaknight (duh!) and yet he is commonely agreed (notably by marth mains) to be only 7th on the tier list. So where's the error? one would logically think it would come from biased matchup discussions but i actually find them to be suprinsingly good. so then what is it? i'm thinking it's maybe that marth doesn't have as many total **** matchups as the characters above him but that's just guessing. so could anyone please explain to me what i'm failing to understand?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Who does Marth lose to and who is the most played character in the game?

Think about it.

Also he loses to Snake and MK. Dedede is arguable.

And in a tourney based tier list not all match-ups are created equally. Meaning only the top 10 or so match-ups really matter. In those matches Marth loses some and wins some. He doesn't **** anyone though in the top 7.

Karas

Smash Cadet
@ Emblem Lord. are you sure Marth doesnt **** game and watch? hes pretty easy for me when I use marth.

@ the Match up list. Why Isnt Ike there?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
He doesn't **** G&W. Slight advantage.

We haven't gotten to Ike yet.

Karas

Smash Cadet
Oh, meh
so you guys discuss a character then add to the list?
oh, I thought you guys all everyone put it to even. then discuss someones Match-up you don't agree with
well common Mistake I hope? :D

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
Who does Marth lose to and who is the most played character in the game?

Think about it.

Also he loses to Snake and MK. Dedede is arguable.

And in a tourney based tier list not all match-ups are created equally. Meaning only the top 10 or so match-ups really matter. In those matches Marth loses some and wins some. He doesn't **** anyone though in the top 7.
every character loses to metaknight except possibly 2 or 3 that are near even.

in the top 10 or so match-ups he only loses one and has 4 even ones (snake is at 55-45 which is considered neutral and DDD is for now set as neutral)

compare him to the likes of falco who's fifth on the tier list and has 4 disadvantages and 1-2 even match-ups against the top 10. so yeah...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
every character loses to metaknight except possibly 2 or 3 that are near even.

in the top 10 or so match-ups he only loses one and has 4 even ones (snake is at 55-45 which is considered neutral and DDD is for now set as neutral)

compare him to the likes of falco who's fifth on the tier list and has 4 disadvantages and 1-2 even match-ups against the top 10. so yeah...
Falco was put at top tier because of all the **** match ups he has, but this would go against EL's logic about the top match ups. Either way, Marth doesn't **** as many characters as falco does which is why they put him up there.

But that tier list is garbage anyway imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom