• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Video Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Bardull spams walk......interesting....
He does walk a lot I think that's a better approach. Consider you have more options and the likely hood of you running into a nado is reduced. I need to walk more I also would like to see some more of bardulls Marth.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Bardull's match vs Tyrant is a broken link, at least for me. To save you the trouble here's the direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQ1DhoaQVY
I love some things about Bardull's marth. It's definitely unique from the masses of Marths. His style is pretty calm. I was going to say patient but I think at times he's actually a little impatient. He fsmash'd spam a bit too much in that match, even at early percents. But like I said, it's a unique style and it has some awesome stuff. Like the mixup around 142. He's recovering from high above and DB stalls to mess up MK's timing so he wastes another jump, Air dodges while DI'ing away as MK uses his third jump and evades MK's dair, then punishes the dair with a second jumped bair. Maybe it's just me but that's pretty awesome in my opinion. Fun marth to watch....refreshing....

Looking forward to your vids kadaj. =b

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That vid was on the live stream right? If so i think the mk mach was the 2nd one DSF went d3 the first time then switched to MK when Roy R counter picked BF

OverLade

Smash Hero
****, an almost 3 stock? That match wasn't even a close one lol.:laugh: I must be doing the matchup all wrong since i go even with a majority of the MK's i face (unless i get gimped).
Tyrant wasn't playing very well in that match. Tyrant wasn't capitalizing on MKs moves and lack of lag. I'm not saying he would've won, but he shouldn't have gotten ***** like that.

∫unk

Smash Master
that was one of the few times bardull has ever beaten tyrant in a friendly or tournament match. it was like 3am when that friendly was played.

but he does some good things in there.

and every decent player's DI should be good. and also dsf's moves were staled so it just looks more epic.

basically to DI just point your analog so your guy is launched into a corner until hit lag is over (or if you have no idea how you're going to be launched and it has some sort of horizontal trajectory automatically hit UP) then momentum cancel with a fastfall or jump then recover

but to start just hit up after you get hit by every move then c-stick f-air then fast fall. a good way to practice is to play a computer to work on your reaction.

but when you play against players your DI is even better because you expect to get hit at certain points so you can start DIing before you even get hit. An example would be if you do any laggy move (up b, f-smash) just DI in the time the animation is going you can't do anything anyway. Once your character can move again then just hit whatever direction you need to.

If you don't know when your character can move again (like you accidently d-air or b-air close to the ground) you can hold shield or mash jump while "pre-DIing" so you can escape asap.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
^Nice Marth. I remember you posted videos a while ago. You should post them more often.

The retreating shieldbreaker whenever metaknight dashed was pretty awesome though. I've got to start using that(when he dashes).

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Thats a bad example imo, all you did was move away and the mk got baited the entire match, real MK's won't come to you jumping away like that

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
I know, i know. Well, in my country (Panama), theres not have a totally good MK. Maybe i need to play in USA with a real MK to see the real match up, Marth vs MK? Well, always thanks.

CO18

Smash Hero
that mk does not know the match up at all -_-
Tyrant 2-0ed Roy R at whobo Im pretty sure he knows it considering he plays Mikehaze/bardull alot I dont know why people put so much weight on a friendly.

Junk even said thats one of the few times Bardull has beaten Tyrant and it was at 3 am.

Just enjoy the match lol

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Tyrant 2-0ed Roy R at whobo Im pretty sure he knows it considering he plays Mikehaze/bardull alot I dont know why people put so much weight on a friendly.

Junk even said thats one of the few times Bardull has beaten Tyrant and it was at 3 am.

Just enjoy the match lol
CO18 steel was responding to the video posted by ayen......

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

Just enjoy the match lol
stay on the DDD boards *****

HAHAHAHHA **** OUTTA HERE

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
you guys should look up jugs on youtube, he is an excellent Marth player from newfoundland, definitely the best in province and one of the best smashers all round in province

feardragon64

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2SFZBO8uI

Here Backlash =p. I personally like the vid the only thing I don't like much about is that he plays his crew members =/. Seems like if they're in your crew then they're more use to what you do but that's just me. music is nice
Don't judge by "combo" videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxDAm2Ukoow

Honestly, he doesn't seem like a very good player to me. Just look at the first minute or so. I'm not talking about the bomb pull before someone brings that up. But some of the decisions he makes are awful.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Let's all remember Drago and VietG everyone. You thought they were great from those flashy videos of them editing every flaw out and adding catchy music to it, but then you see them fight a Sonic and get ****ed. Why? Because in all honesty they suck.

^_^

Albert.

Smash Master
what happened to Drago? LOL

BTW Viet If the "magical never-staled Brawl+ dancing blade" is a semi safe kill move, Isn't Fair also a pretty good kill move in Brawl+ because its always fresh?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Drago is my hero. His combo vids taught me everything I know.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol I remember Drago, taught me to use DB1-> grab more often. Other than that tho, he used fsmash on some pretty unintelligent opponenets, didn't dtilt enough, and always used 4th down hit on DB, not the best of habits for a marth.
Lol I think Zex is a pretty good Cali marth if it weren't for his lol moments.
Edit: lol we need better reps for the "wedding dress" marth.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I know people are joking about combo vids teaching them everything they know but it's distressing when I wonder if there are people who won't get it.

Combo videos are crap for judging a player's skill. It's like if I fought with Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, and Jet Li and got completley destroyed by them. But hey, I fought with them for like 2 hours each so I have like 5 clips(pretend I could actually hit them that many times) where I actually hit them and block Chuck Norris's godly roundhouse kick. Let's add some music and effects to make it look more dramatic and cut out all the parts where I was crying like a baby. Oh, and hey, let's add videos of me fighting large men who have never fought in their lives. If I show enough videos of me doing the same thing to them over and over again, it'll make it seem like ALL the fights I get into are like that. I'll even put in videos where I do something incredibly stupid but it works so people will think that I'm ingenious for throwing my shoe at some random idiot then charging at him in a wild fit. I'll just be original for it.

Oh hey I have a combo video! Now I can own Jackie Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom