• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Video Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I combine dash dancing with foxtrotting. It simulates a true dash dance like melee.
Until you trip into an fsmash :p

But to you and Steel, I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, just unique. It intrigued me is all.

But walking is top tier, especially against campers.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

But to you and Steel, I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, just unique. It intrigued me is all.

If i play on a wii with no tripping i do that. If it has tripping i walk.

∫unk

Smash Master

Are we watching the same vids? :/

I don't see any of the Marths walking a lot... I know for a fact I only walk when I'm near the edge or when I need minor spacing but never as an approach.

Walking is low tier. Tripping doesn't happen enough and the opponent doesn't expect it either (not punished that often).

Regardless I have never heard of anyone good saying they lost to someone in a set because they tripped. They may have lost a stock or a game but if you lost a set you got outplayed.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I don't really have time right now to dig up vids right now, but I'm almost certain that he was running a lot more than anyone else.

Maybe I'm just comparing him to myself, since I tend to walk a lot. I personally like walking more; you give up a bit of speed, but in return you are given much more options. And I use both to approach.

When I'm playing against a character who camps with projectiles, I walk like 60% of the time :)

Maybe I'm the unique one, lol.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Spammer.

Course you could be one of those dang '08 spammers with over 1900 posts... I hate them.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Don't worry ankoku, we'll have you rep white marth. You're the marth people will want to look for if they want to incorporate fsmash into their gameplay.

∫unk

Smash Master
I walk :) just watch closely and you'll see it

Junk im the only marth who uses Black lol

i thought MikeHaze used blue
Nah he uses black.

I watched you walk as much as I do which is... not that much :laugh:

Maybe Bengals meant he runs all the time. To me running >90% of the match is all the time but maybe he meant like 99-100% :p

The only thing you can't do out of a run is tilts and f-smash/d-smash... and all of those can be set up by just doing a spaced aerial first.

Edit: Good DKs are such a pain in the ***.

V

Smash Ace
besides neo, who are the other top marth mainers out there?

V

Smash Ace
yeah i looked. let me change that a little bit. who are good marths in so cal?

V

Smash Ace
yeah now that i realize it that first question was pretty stupid lol. im not sure if anybody in the marth boards know, but i 2nd D3 and i was wondering which D3s are good. ima look em up on youtube

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I walk :) just watch closely and you'll see it

Junk im the only marth who uses Black lol

i thought MikeHaze used blue
I use black ya putz :dizzy:

Btw Steel u didnt format my name correctly on the first page. Capital L please ^_^

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Maybe Bengals meant he runs all the time. To me running >90% of the match is all the time but maybe he meant like 99-100% :p
Lol yes, that is what I meant. I generally dash a bit more than I walk. Like 60-40 (unless playing someone like TL or Wolf), but to see NL not walk at all was a bit surprising to me.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Steel you should put yourself on there and gets some vids up!

I don't really care if you are as good as the others, you just play differently than I do, so I can leanr Stuff from watching it lol.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
How do i play differently? rofl

I haven't had a vid up in months, let alone off wifi.

I'll see what i can do in the next few weeks.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Lol yes, that is what I meant. I generally dash a bit more than I walk. Like 60-40 (unless playing someone like TL or Wolf), but to see NL not walk at all was a bit surprising to me.
Its only 1 vid. Actually i have my marth in teams if that counts for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom