• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Gimping Discussion! This Week: Zero Suit Samus

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Oh, you know what? I forgot to tell the Jigglypuff boards that we're discussing them XD

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I can actually provide input from both sides, since Jiggs is one of my most used secondaries. :laugh:
Good job, Judge.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I can actually provide input from both sides, since Jiggs is one of my most used secondaries. :laugh:
Good job, Judge.
Ok, but I'm going to post something about this in the Jigglypuff boards. Hopefully, it won't be a mess like it was last time, but I think the Jigglypuff boards are pretty friendly anyway.

Edit: So far so good.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Gimping Jiggs is a funny thing to attempt, but obviously very difficult. Cape will beat all of her aerials, but Pound will beat everything else Mario has.

So yeah, nothing else to say really. XD

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Don't ever try going off-stage for a gimp on Jigglypuff. Her counter gimp options are too good to ignore. Stay on stage and try getting just some damage. If you do go offstage, through out uairs and bairs, dont necessarily go for the gimp. Just go for damage. Fireballs are the best.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Cape is pretty decent of an option to use more on a regular basis for that reason. Gimping Jiggs comes down to the puff player. All them jumps and pounds to come forward without the use of jumps she's not really a character Mario can gimp per sey.

You can though inflict some decent damage and get at her offstage as Jiggs' aerials can't compete with Mario's far as his Uair/Bair/Nair go.

Using Fludd on a Jigglypuff I find a waste though, unless it's an uncharged on stage type of deal. Offstage go offensive with the cape and you aerials instead. It'l pay off more. Keep note of her jumps also. Maybe you can manage to catch the jigg player off gaurd if they wore all the jumps out.

Metatitan

Smash Master
LOL @ marios thinking theres a slight chance they can gimp a good jiggs. dont do it pple; ull probly end up getting gimped yourself

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
LOL @ marios thinking theres a slight chance they can gimp a good jiggs. dont do it pple; ull probly end up getting gimped yourself
Cape -> Footstool. That's like, three jumps right there just to get back to where you were.

And the Marios never said there was a chance they could. They asked if we could discuss what he could do. Don't be an a ss.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wow. I honestly can't say that I'm not disappointed...*sigh*

First of all, NOBODY here said that Mario could reliably gimp Jiggz. I'm not sure where we're getting this idea, whether or not it's true. What we're discussing here are options.

Options that Jiggz has from the point she's sent offstage to the point where her feet are firmly planted back on the ground, and options that Mario has at every moment in between to keep that from happening. The best way to find out these options is not through blind assumption, but open, honest question. Does Fludd help? Can she defend Bair stagespike? Does her Uair beat our Fair? How many jumps do you have? Do you still ledgehop -> sing? What stages are worst for gimping/best for your recovery? etc. etc.​

Second, EVERY character can be gimped. Jiggz is no exception. No matter how tempted you are to plug your ears and hide under a rock throughout the discussion saying "lol @ Mario", the truth remains whatever we find it to be. Mario can gimp the likes of D3, Kirby, Luigi, Diddy and DK (to name a few) rather reliably, ROB, MK, and TL every once and awhile, and Falco, Ike and Ness nearly every single time they go offstage. Don't tell me after a Bair stagespike or lucky fireball -> Meteor (should you live) that you still have absolutely no chance of not returning to the stage, especially with Jiggz' slow vertical recovery.

And here I was, actually starting to like low tier boards...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wow. I honestly can't say that I'm not disappointed...*sigh*

First of all, NOBODY here said that Mario could reliably gimp Jiggz. I'm not sure where we're getting this idea, whether or not it's true. What we're discussing here are options.

Options that Jiggz has from the point she's sent offstage to the point where her feet are firmly planted back on the ground, and options that Mario has at every moment in between to keep that from happening. The best way to find out these options is not through blind assumption, but open, honest question. Does Fludd help? Can she defend Bair stagespike? Does her Uair beat our Fair? How many jumps do you have? Do you still ledgehop -> sing? What stages are worst for gimping/best for your recovery? etc. etc.​

Second, EVERY character can be gimped. Jiggz is no exception. No matter how tempted you are to plug your ears and hide under a rock throughout the discussion saying "lol @ Mario", the truth remains whatever we find it to be. Mario can gimp the likes of D3, Kirby, Luigi, Diddy and DK (to name a few) rather reliably, ROB, MK, and TL every once and awhile, and Falco, Ike and Ness nearly every single time they go offstage. Don't tell me after a Bair stagespike or lucky fireball -> Meteor (should you live) that you still have absolutely no chance of not returning to the stage, especially with Jiggz' slow vertical recovery.

And here I was, actually starting to like low tier boards...
Luigi isn't that hard to gimp you know.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
LOL, I knew you'd pop up.

Yeah, but Luigi has the option to just tornado and drop to the stage; something Mario can't really do much about, and something those 3 cant do.
Yeah, Tornado's annoying. But if he doesn't have it, or it's used up in an unfavorable way.

Plop. Oh, and when playing a good Mario player as Ness, who wishes to gimp me, I fast fall to not give them the satisfaction. (unless I am in a favorable position)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, Tornado's annoying. But if he doesn't have it, or it's used up in an unfavorable way.

Plop. Oh, and when playing a good Mario player as Ness, who wishes to gimp me, I fast fall to not give them the satisfaction. (unless I am in a favorable position)
Luigi fails without nado. Since alot of them DJ -> Nado Snake-style (since they fail at button mashing), if you hit them out of it, they'll have neither.

Out of the 3 mentioned, Ness would probably be the hardest to gimp, since you have to force the DJ for a successful gimp and have him far/close enough to Fludd or cape during his PKT. Falco and Ike are simply Fludded and/or caped if they're still twitching.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol after losing to Ness' after the fifteenth time, I'm going to have to agree with Matador. Ness is harder to gimp then Ike.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Finally! Someone who admits that Ness recovery>Ike's and Falco's.
I'm just saying they're easier for Mario to gimp. I dunno who has the better recovery amongst the three. Measuring recovery potential is more abstract than matchup ratios.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Come on, guys! :mad:
Nothing serious has gone on here, why do you make me write an actual useful post?
Ah well.

With Jiggly's weight being as pathetic as it is, you can always diminish a few jumps trying to recover. If you use pound to recover, that's an opportunity to fair spike. Now is your best bet to cape/nair/fludd. It's actually possible. Rarely happens, but it's some funny **** when it does.

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
Jiggly can still recover if she is spiked. I would just try to wait and punish her when she gets back rather than jump offstage into the ****.

PND

Smash Champion
Although not really gimping per se, if she botches a rest near the edge you can FLUDD her off. Hilarity will ensue.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Although not really gimping per se, if she botches a rest near the edge you can FLUDD her off. Hilarity will ensue.
Yeah, which really sucks. Its the only time you will kill her below the stage unless she is dumb enough to use rollout. Then hilarity will ensue as well. Stay onstage, get damage on her and just make sure she doesn't get free back even though she will get back.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I agree, don't bother gimping for a kill, cause you're not gonna get one, just go out to deal some damage, but know that she will come back.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I don't ever try to gimp Jigglypuff, cause what's the point? I just rack up damage for an upsmash kill.

But if Jigglypuff is trying to recover, I might jump out with a bair/uair/fireball just for damage, no intentions of gimping.. but if I do gimp, yay me :]

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
I think the general consensus is that you won't be able to gimp anyone who knows what they're doing. Just go for damage but be careful if you jump offstage.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Jiggly can still recover if she is spiked. I would just try to wait and punish her when she gets back rather than jump offstage into the ****.
I'm sure she can, in fact you'd probably have a hard time finding a character that can't recover from a meteor that doesn't KO from initial impact. ...Except...Jiggz doesn't have a meteor cancel...

Also, you guys keep referring to being punished offstage. What can Jiggz even do offstage that's so threatening to an oncoming Mario? She doesn't have a spike, cape outranges her everything, she can't do anything about fireballs other than airdodge ...is she just going to try to Fair us back onstage like every other character? What does she have working toward her offstage?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is still possible, but not very realistic.
It's more of a risk than a reward, it's best never attempted, we get it.

Any ideas on who we should do next?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll get a summary up soon. For the next discussion, are you guys all set on G&W or is there someone else?

@Boshi: Now you main Ivysaur?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sure, Game and Watch works.

I switch off between Mario, Ness, and Jigglypuff as my icons...
Not sure who Boshi uses.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
5?
I only switch between maybe 4, lol.
Mario seems to be my best tournament character though.

But I can actually gimp a Jiggly pretty easily with Kirby.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Anyway, my thread in the Jigglypuff boards got locked...and the comments looked like they never even read my thread...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, Air probably locked it. He's not the nicest of mods...
Seeing some of those replies made me feel like we were at the Link boards. They acted like snobs. :laugh:
Ungimpable?
Not really.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
It only got locked because we have a crazy mod. But don't tell him I said that. ;)

The only reason there haven't been many of posts is that the Jiggly thing can be summed up rather easily. The ONLY gimping that MAY ever happen is, say, a FLUDD after the Jiggs is for some reason out of jumps, or a cape on that last rising pound they needed to make it back on stage.

Both are not likely at all...it just doesn't happen.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
It only got locked because we have a crazy mod. But don't tell him I said that. ;)

The only reason there haven't been many of posts is that the Jiggly thing can be summed up in like, one sentence. You will not gimp Jigglypuff. :)

But you can spike her. Trufax.
Yah, pretty much what my summary will be for this discussion, except with a little more detail.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Oh, I just read someone else's post...in my assery I didn't read it earlier. Sorry. Um, cape can probably reliably keep her from getting directly on stage, but it won't stop her at all.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Spoonbob knows that Mario can spike Jiggly. At 0%.
Then attempt a recovery and stage spike a Ganon and die in the process.

Chances of gimping a Jigglypuff: 1 in 1000.
Unless you play Manic.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Lmfao.

It was Noob. :mad::mad::mad:

But...yeah...I think the Jigglypuff thing is pretty much done. Who is next? :mad::mad:

Top Bottom