• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Gimping Discussion! This Week: Zero Suit Samus

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
DDD...he's hard to edgeguard until he uses his Up-B. That sums it up for me. Challenging his F-air is risky, but once you know he's gonna Up-B, well, everything should be fairly self-explanatory.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Dedede sounds good. This one could last awhile, it should be fun.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
...You could FLUDD D3's jumps, fireball, or keep him off the edge with aerials.

Anywho, you just bait the Up-B, and cape it. Pretty simple.

Dory

Smash Journeyman
A smart DDD would rarely upb to get back the stage. They will usually stay low and just try to grab the edge and its pretty scary going down there trying to bair him since he still has like 74102390sf94982 jumps. It is pretty easy doing it though if you attemp it since D3 is big and his only fast aerial to use atm would be bair. He cant hit you with that and will make him pretty decent to gimp.

Another DDD will try to go above you and air dodge any attacks youll try to do on him. Here is where you can jump at him and not do anything to force the air dodge out of him and then hit him. You usually need to find the tendencies of the person youre playing quick to do this better. Once you keep hitting him out of his air dodge you can fludd or cape him (or bait him to upb earlier then just cape).

But once DDD is back on the stage that = -_-

lol

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Good work, Judge.
I'll start on Dedede shortly.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
OP updated, but I'm not sure what to do for the DDD summary. Also, who should be this week's discussion?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I guess Toon Link is a viable option, seeing as how Snake and Diddy has been talked about a few times.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
OP updated; for the sake of discussion I've moved on to Toon Link and I'll get to DDD later.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
TL is pretty annoying. Gimp wise, it mainly depends on his last means to recover. He can Zair, or UpB. Pretty straightforward.

The mess comes in with his projectile mindgames & matchup knowledge against Mario. Usually the only way I gimp him is an edgehog. Rarely I get his UpB via cape or FLUDD.

Fireballs, Jabs, Dsmash. Anything. Once he's offstage, by all means follow him. Cape ACE, Nair Utilt Bair. Get at him. Just stay in your means of being able to recover.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
TL is really a floaty, so he has a very high second jump. He'll always have a bomb in his hand. It's a matter of predicting if he's gonna sweetspot or land on stage. Usually what I do is, sweetspot the edge if hes gonna zair, then once hes on stage, punish him from there. I think fludd pushs out all of his projectiles. Spikes aren't so hard if you can see it coming :3

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Against Toon Link, I like to cape stall so he has to up+b. Then when he goes over me, I ledge hop and cape backwards.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I usually go for an Uair if my opponent is going for a tether, then go for the conventional FLUDD and cape gimps.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If I'm usually up a stock, I already know the TL will recover from low. I tried this twice on Smashville, jumped past him, and FLUDDed him right under the stage.

In no way is this practical, probably won't ever work again.
Edgehog to stop his zair, then capestall.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Mario's edge guarding used to **** me soo hard a while ago. >_<
But then I realized Toon Link has bombs. This pretty much means the cape is a little less useful.

If he doesn't have a bomb out, cape him.
If he has a bomb out, Bair him instead.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Gimping Toon Link is really the same thing as gimping Link expect Toon Link has a bit more options of when he can use his UpB to recover. His floaty nature allows him to hurl more bombs at you offstage before he has to use his UpB, something Link can't do at all.

vato_break

Smash Master
Keep in mind mario can cape the bomb every time if you cape backwards.Also if you can cape tl's arrow and tl at the smae time so he will be hit by the arrow turned arround and might be affected by the cape ****. Fludd stops all his projectiles even uncharged..

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Cape pushes TL sooooooo far. Prevent the tether and don't be afraid to go out there for the cape. Even if he has his double jump, one cape often does the trick.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
*Bump* I haven't given up on this thing, just have gotten a little behind; I'll update something on this thread soon. As for discussion, any suggestions?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Awesome, this is getting revived.
We can go ahead and do Zero Suit now, or just go back to the start and do everything in order.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Zero Suit Samus is one of the harder characters to gimp. Having her DJ, the slight boost from her whip, the tether, and the spike, I often take caution going offstage versus her.

Cape; Her Double jump, Down-B fliphop.
FLUDD; Her Down-B fliphop.

I don't know the actual name for it, but down-b fliphop sounds silly.

Top Bottom