• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This game looks infinetly better than Partners in Time, and the new gameplay mechanic, instead of adding baby Mario and baby Luigi is simply inspired. I can't wait to get the full story behind this, but it's just brilliant. Check out the below trailer and go nuts!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44848.html

Alzi

Smash Master

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I was really hoping that Wario was going to be a playable character, but Bowser is alright. Even though it's probably going to be linear, I'll still get this.

A_man13

Smash Master
I want this so bad. Superstar Saga was one of the best Mario RPGs to date and with this one they just enhanced the formula so much. I love how much detail they put into the battles especially with bowser. I really hope this turns out good; it's a good premise and as long as they don't dumb it down it will be one of the best games in the franchice.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
You can play as bowser (YESSS!!!). I really want this game :D

Anyway, superstar saga was an awesome game. It was funny, story wasn't bad, the area's you could go were all so different (a university, an ice castle ect.). The gameplay was also pretty good. Repetitive at times, but it was a lot of fun doing bros. attacks and specials. Not to mention that when you used bros attacks a lot, you later get an upgraded version that does more damage.

I hope this turns out to be just as good.

-:bowser:Bowser King

XACE-K

Smash Master
I thought we alreadt had a M&L RPG 3 thread somewhere? Anyways, this looks good already. I'm a fan of Superstar Sags and Partners in Time due to the story, battles and comedy and by the pictures this will also have it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I thought we alreadt had a M&L RPG 3 thread somewhere? Anyways, this looks good already. I'm a fan of Superstar Sags and Partners in Time due to the story, battles and comedy and by the pictures this will also have it.
There were 2 threads about this infact. Though there basically dead =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Once again, the DS is leading the handhelds again, and this game is going to lead it. =D

Ange

Smash Lord
Oh man. Bowsers battle and overworld scenes looks hella interesting.

I need this game. :D

I just hope it isn't so short as Partners in Time was. Seriously, that game went too fast.

And the boxart looks pretty plain, reminds me of the MKDS one..

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I actually like that box art, it reminds me of the Japanese and European Final Fantasy series box art.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I thought we alreadt had a M&L RPG 3 thread somewhere?
Yeah, but keeping in mind that you can only search for words with 4 letters and up, that left searhcing for 'mario' and 'luigi.' Hello thousands of threads.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Game looks okay, but seems a little gimmicky and appears that it would be far less epic than Partners In Time, and I like epic.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
All right M&L rpg 3. waiting too long for this. Playing as bowser is going to be nice. This is might be an instant buy for me.

But i think that we should talk about the release date (jp). By this i mean it comes out Feb 11 2009. I wanted to buy this game online but i wanted to know if i could play it on a US DS. Not just play but also have it translated. I don't think i could wait for the "unknown" release date.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Game looks okay, but seems a little gimmicky and appears that it would be far less epic than Partners In Time, and I like epic.
I agree that the storyline was fairly epic, however the fact that there wasn't a big overworld and a dungeon every now and then, but the entire thing was "play though this level, return to the castle, go to the next level" Was like a top down view sidescroller with rpg combat.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Bowser being playable alone makes this game worth it.
QFT

In addition to that, the overworld scenes and mechanics look much more innovative than the ones in PiT. It's hard to see how they could make this less awesome than it promises to be. :confused:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Only thing I want is that the Bros attack is back, I think they are because I see the points below they heath, I think Bros Items are in this game to.

A_man13

Smash Master
YES! This is going to be great. I liked the ideas behind bros. items, but I personally prefered bros attacks. Having both makes this game perfect and especially if they are used in fun ways. I also think bowser has a unique version of bros items, too; minion armies. I doubt a bros shell could produce about 20 shells let alone a magikoopa squad.

I also hear that
Fawful is the main villan.
It was from wikipedia, but it's wikipedia all the less. Still, I can certainly see that with what's been revealed so far.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I also hear that
Fawful is the main villan.
It was from wikipedia, but it's wikipedia all the less. Still, I can certainly see that with what's been revealed so far.
I've been hearing this as well, I hope it's true. :D ♥

Also I can't wait to play this game on the DSi, how many of you guys are going to import this? I wouldn't recomend it unless you learn Japanese, RPG games is very hard if you can't read it. D: ♥

Ange

Smash Lord
I've been hearing this as well, I hope it's true. :D ♥

Also I can't wait to play this game on the DSi, how many of you guys are going to import this? I wouldn't recomend it unless you learn Japanese, RPG games is very hard if you can't read it. D: ♥
I dont understand people who import games from Japan, without knowing the language, just to get it.
A total waste of money IMO. Waiting is better. (:

Anyway, spoiler;
http://www.mariowiki.com/Fawful - Looks like its confirmed.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I dont understand people who import games from Japan.
Some game's take a long time to be made in another county that's didn't come out first. That and some game's only come out in Japan that a lot of people want like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. ;3 ♥

Ange

Smash Lord
Some game's take a long time to be made in another county that's didn't come out first. That and some game's only come out in Japan that a lot of people want like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. ;3 ♥
Yes I know. But importing a game that wont be released in your country for about half a year only to understand little to nothing of the plot/what to do is not really worth it imo. /:>

If I can wait for it, I prefer that than getting a game I wont understand. Japan-only games in understandable, however.

Alzi

Smash Master
Bring Geno back already...
I don't think we will ever see him unless somehow he makes it in the next smash bros game, if not then i see him trully gone in the sky and left as a dead doll. WE NEED SOME GENO PLUSHIES ALREADY!

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, Geno is never coming back unless squaresoft steps into the picture again...

[EDIT] SquareEnix

Top Bottom