• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Kri3o

Smash Apprentice
Hanging out with my badass dragon friends in Chica
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the stylus. Hopefully it won't incorporate it much but I don't think it would change my perception of the game too much anyway.
Well me too but you can't just bring in every Nintendo game to Wii, DS is still the Nintendo handheld system.

Lol at 0:31 in the video, bunch of fat Toads wiggling in beds.

Lovely

Smash Lord
This game come's out in tomorrow in near where I live, I can't wait. ^_^ ♥

Ange

Smash Lord
This game come's out in tomorrow in near where I live, I can't wait. ^_^ ♥
Tell us if its awesome!

Which is probably already is, but still.

I hope the stylus wont be used much on the battle systems, as using it might be kind off hard if you need to pay extreme attention on the battle with button pressing.
In the overworld, like minigames, it could be fun/interesting to use however.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Judging by that video of the gameplay i see luigi is going to make me lol alot.
Luigi always makes people lol a lot. :p

Well, this game is out, can't wait to see to play this game when ever it come's out in the spring or so in the US.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
This game might be worth buying a DS over (well, this and Kirby Superstar). But I don't have the money to do that anyway. Hopefully one day they'll come out with a DS-Wii player just like they came out with a GB-GameCube player.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Strange, I was expecting a lot of Youtube video's of this game today since it come's out today and all. Also, someone already posted the music to the last boss of the game, (WTF).

Finale

Smash Rookie
When this game comes out in the US, I will be a happy man. Right now I'm trying to avoid any possible spoilers in the mean time.

Ange

Smash Lord
Also, someone already posted the music to the last boss of the game, (WTF).
Wtf. People sure are fast. o_0

When this game comes out in the US, I will be a happy man. Right now I'm trying to avoid any possible spoilers in the mean time.
Same here. I tried to do this aswell with Brawl at first, but that was kindoff impossible, so I gave up.

Famous

Smash Champion
To be honest, this game has been leaked a week ago...If your trying to play it on your comp it will just crash because of a security lock

Lovely

Smash Lord
When you first play this game, it will take a while to perfect the move's your doing, I found this game difficult because of the button timing, then I got the hang of it. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
To be honest, this game has been leaked a week ago...If your trying to play it on your comp it will just crash because of a security lock
Well, saw that comming, the security lock thing. Also, don't go to Youtube, they got the final boss battle posted today, and I almost clicked on it, I'm just going to watch the predictable spoilers.

Ange

Smash Lord
I will just wait 'til the game comes out in Europe, thats my usual strategy. At the same time Ill just stay away from any massive plot M&L RPG3 spoiler material on Youtube and what not.

4 color/font posters in a row! :D

Alzi

Smash Master
I am also going to stay away from alot of video's and spoilers. It might take a while until it comes to Australia but it will be worth it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So Mario and Luigi RPG 1 and 2 have nothing to do with Legend of the Seven Stars?

And are they out in the US? I had never heard of them and I am interested in buying them.
Mario & Luigi RPG 1 = Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga
Mario & Luigi RPG 2 = Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi RPG 3 = ?

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
*Comes in late*
Is there's one thing I am looking forward to, it's the release of this game.
Nothing against PiT, but the game was rather dis-tasteful in my opinion--but, I'm hoping this game will make up for that--or so I hope :/
And yeah, I'll stay away from the spoilers for the sake of actually completing a game without the use of a video/guide.

Ange

Smash Lord
So Mario and Luigi RPG 1 and 2 have nothing to do with Legend of the Seven Stars?
Nope.

All the Mario rpg game series have their very own plots, and are not related to eachother in any way.
(SMRPG, Mario & Luigi series and Paper Mario series).

However, the M&L and Paper Mario series could be considered spiritual sequels to SMRPG.

I really wonder what M&L RPG 3 is gonna be named outside of Japan.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mario & Luigi RPG 1 = Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga
Mario & Luigi RPG 2 = Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi RPG 3 = ?
The third one is just called "Mario RPG 3" which to be honest, I quite like. shame they'll probably name it something stupid like "Mario in Bowser"

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Another guess date is on Wikpidea, April 1st. I hope it's true though it might change IMO. =/
Another date that said April 4, I don't think it's true since it's still don't have a name yet, but at least it would be close to the DSi date. It was a guess date, lol.

I can't wait for this game. I really hope Geno comes out.
Well, when Mario games merge with Square Enix again with an RPG game then maybe he would, but I don't think he's in this on.

n88

Smash Lord
I really hope the final boss fight is shorter than in Partners in Time. I'm only allowed to play video games for an hour a day, so I don't reallly have time to beat it.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I heard from someone that Mario and Luigi RPG 1 was great, and 2 was really good to almost as good as 1. Now everyone is mentioning 2 wasn't so great.

Your thoughts?, I'm thinking of getting 1 and 2.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Partners in Time was great, but the game ended too soon. Like the gameplay would be up to 25 hours or less short while Super Star Saga would last more than 30 hours or so if you play the game all the way and not quickly. Partners in Time has move intense/difficult battles than Super Star Saga which made the game fun to me, but like I said, the game walkthough is shorter than the first one and since there's four characters fighting instead of two, the chance of you getting game over would be less than 20% unless you don't know who to dodge or counter very well.

I'll say, who every doesn't like Partners in Time, maybe didn't play the game all the way, or their overexagerating about Partners in Time, *looks at Super Paper Mario haters*

Geist

Smash Master
Partners in time was good, but I'm only saying that because I'm extremely condescending towards the DS and will praise it most of the chances I get. For a handheld game it's good, but still no where near the classic value of the first.
I'm just glad they didn't smash some sort of gimic with the touch screen. I think you only use it once.
It might have been better if it was longer, or didn't have an annoying linear level design, but overall the fighting was immersing, the character design and animation was great, and it had a better than mediocre story. I'd buy it.

EDIT: Oh right, the thread topic.
Yeah, I'm anticipating M&LRPG3. It looks promising, which is more than I can say for the rest of nintendo's lineup.

Geist

Smash Master
You'd probably benefit from getting the first one on an emmulator btw - I'm not sure you could find it in a store, and if you did, it'd be 5-10 dollars less on an emmulator.
And emmulator has save states.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yes, but no more rom discussion please.

PiT was worse than superstar Saga because it was EXTREMELY linear.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wouldn't say worst, maybe not as good as Super Star Saga Sadly, the US release of this game has yet to be explained. Me, I think it would be out a few weeks after the DSi, but it might come out at the end of May.

Ange

Smash Lord
WHAT?!

I just went onto Wikipedia and read the European release will likely happen in 'Autumn 2009'.

Shoot, I was pretty excited to get this game close with the DSi, ahwell... :(

Guess it's only Pokemon Platinum now then.

Top Bottom