• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Most of these sort of unknown changes are just random animation tweaks, if past is any experience.

A huge percentage of the code is not relevant to our gameplay analysis.

Last edited:

DC| Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yayforall
3DS FC
3007-8110-9759
"Glitch: Diddy attempting to shield drop actions after being hit by multi hits moves gives him indefinite grab immunity until his shield is hit by another instance"

Oh no

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
0DB - - 24888B77 is DownAttackU = Get up attack from laying prone on back
0E5 - - 4E38AB85 is DownAttackD = Get up attack from laying prone on stomach
10E - - 916DC37E is SlipAttack = Get up attack from a trip

These are the changes listed at the top of the OP as universal changes.
Great! Thanks.

Actually, I just checked it again, and there's a change to the get up attacks on Mewtwo that no one else seems to have, which is a change from 0x6 to 0x18 on something. I believe it to be hitbox size, so possibly Mewtwo got a buff to the range of his get up attack. Trip attack is unaffected.

Might just be an animation though.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The hitlag multiplier's application to projectiles changes the theorycraft. This hurts these projectiles:
This is awesome info. But can you explain what these multipliers actually mean to frame data? I'm a bit clueless to how hitlag works on projectiles.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Diddy Kong doesn't need to be banned. Just do what we would do in literally any other situation like this; put the responsibility on the player to not activate this bug, and rule it as a forfeit if they do.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Diddy Kong doesn't need to be banned. Just do what we would do in literally any other situation like this; put the responsibility on the player to not activate this bug, and rule it as a forfeit if they do.
...considering the activation condition for this is just dropping your shield during a multi-hitting attack, this isn't really feasible.

I'm not sure if banning it is exactly the right response either, since it's deactivated as soon as you touch his shield. At this point I'm just hoping they patch it quickly.

Kaiyedy

Smash Cadet
Just started playing actual people today, and I got my shield broken about 3 times in 2 matches... I'm preeety sure that you can't use these shields like before, so does anyone know the best way to use shield now?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If Villager's pocketed projectiles follow the formula, it could potentially be broken X_X

Since it has low startup lag and endlag when releasing a projectile, and almost doubles the initial damage....

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This is awesome info. But can you explain what these multipliers actually mean to frame data? I'm a bit clueless to how hitlag works on projectiles.
All low multiplier moves have what was essentially a bugged hitlag bonus to shields removed, and all high multiplier moves have what was essentially a bugged hitlag penalty removed.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
All low multiplier moves have what was essentially a bugged hitlag bonus to shields removed, and all high multiplier moves have what was essentially a bugged hitlag penalty removed.
In terms of the frame data:

A move that had lower hitlag than the opponent would normally be more unsafe now. Since if you had lower hitlag, you recovered from hitlag earlier, which was the equivalent of the opponent having more shieldstun. Now that's no longer the case. However, with the higher shieldstun being put in, that cancels it out; the higher shieldstun has generally been about the same as the change in hitlag.

A move that had higher hitlag than the opponent had the opposite effect; it made you a good deal less safe. Now that the opponent has the same hitlag, any move with a high hitlag modifier is much safer, and with the increase in shieldstun, they get even better.

A similar thing applies to projectiles. They now have shieldlag that's the same as the hitlag they previously had. For some projectiles, this makes no difference (e.g. Link's Gale Boomerang). For other projectiles, this makes slight increases or decreases, or for projectiles like Fox's blaster, removes the shieldlag completely, leaving only shieldstun. This has varying effects on the safety of projectiles; even with the increase in shieldstun, sometimes the removal of shieldlag is enough to still make it more unsafe overall (like with Falco's reflector).

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this post just got passed over. X_x

Did you confirm these changes personally? It kind of goes against everything else being said. If this is true, the only reason I can think of for this is the opponent receiving the same shieldlag as Rosalina when Luma hits their shield. Since Rosalina doesn't experience shieldlag when only Luma's attack connects, this leads to the opponent also experiencing no shieldlag, counteracting the universal shieldstun increase. This theory is pretty out there though, and this change makes little sense in the context of everything else we know.

On second thought, did Luma ever experience shieldlag? If it didn't, that explains this change pretty easily.
I am not confirming these results myself, this mainly comes from the Japanese Rosa community, so I'm not providing concrete information. But the basics are that Luma clearly follows a different equation for shield stun than normal attacks, whether it's because Luma is being counted as projectile / item / something unique.

In any case, the bottom line is that Luma's attacks give less shield stun now. And since most everyone else gives more shield stun now, Rosalina definitely got nerfed in this patch.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Can someone comment on Explosive Flame a little?

We all know that Explosive Flame is no longer unblockable, but according to a recent edit on Palutena's SSB Wiki page, it claims that it got a handful of buffs to compensate for it.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Palutena_(SSB4)

Explosive Flame inital looping hit size increased 3.7 → 4.8.
Explosive Flame damage slightly increased 0.6% → 0.8%.
Explosive Flame final hit size increased 14.0 → 15.5.
Explosive Flame final hit damage increased 4.0% → 4.2%.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Previously you could just dodge out of explosive flame on block, so the last hit being unblockable secretly didn't matter one bit.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
If it can be triggered by accident, it cannot be regulated.

If it cannot be regulated, ...

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Most of these sort of unknown changes are just random animation tweaks, if past is any experience.

That's true. All that stuff on Levin Sword attacks could easily just be a GFX change to the Levin Sword. I still think it might merit looking into? I dunno.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
So, Shaya Shaya , remember what I mentioned earlier about how Ryu had a delay to his run if you had to turn around first?

Looks like this was a 1.10 change, not a 1.11 change.

Here's me doing a Shakunetsu Hadoken in 1.08:

And here's 1.10:

And finally, 1.11:

Note that Ryu only crouches and turns around in the latter two instances. In 1.08, he turns around for a couple of frames and then starts running immediately.

For further evidence, here's just me doing a back run with Ryu in 1.08:

And here's me doing a back run with Ryu in 1.11:

2 frames of turnaround in 1.08 (also shown in the other gif I have above), 5 frames of turnaround in 1.11.

I know this isn't entirely relevant to 1.11 now, but I thought it would be worth mentioning since this is not noted in the 1.10 thread. At least, not in the OP.

Last edited:

Seniks

Smash Rookie
NNID
Seniks

I know that not all of Samus' FAF frames were completely found out. Is there anyway you could find out the rest of the info for her?

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
The hitlag multiplier's application to projectiles changes the theorycraft. This hurts these projectiles:

Falco Blaster #1 (0.1x)
Fox Blaster #2 (0.3x)
G&W Chef #3 (0.5x/0.1x/0.0x)
Greninja charged Shuriken #1 repeating hits (0.6x)
Bowser Fire Roar (0.5x)
Bowser Jr. Up-b 2 initial hit on group or aerial sourspot (0.5x)
Bowser Jr. Up-b 3 explosion (0.8x)
Link Arrow #1/3 (0.8x)
Charizard Fire Breath #1 (0.5x)
Luigi Fireball late hit (0.5x)
Luigi Iceball (0.8x)
Mario Fireball/Doc Capsule (0.3x)
Mario Fast Fireball/Doc Fast Capsule (0.0x)
Mii Gunner Grenade (0.3x repeating hits, 0.6x final hit)
Villager dash attack (0.6x)
Pac-Man Meteor Trampoline projectile hitbox (0.8x)
Pikachu Thunderwave (0.45x total)
Pikachu Thunder #1/3 initial hit (0.0x total)
Robin Arcfire #1/2/3 repeating hits + #1/2 final hit (0.5x)
Mega Man uair (0.2x)
Mega Man f-smash (0.3x)
Mega Man Crash Bomber explosion (0.3x)
Mega Man side-b #3 initial hit (0.7x)
Mega Man Leaf Shield #1/3 shield hits (0.5x)
Mega Man Leaf Shield #1/2/3 thrown hit (0.3x)
Mega Man Tornado Hold (0.8x/0.3x)
Rosalina Shooting Star Bit (0.2x)
Luma fair (0.3x)
Luma uair, late utilt, star bits #1 (0.5x)
Samus Bomb #1/3 initial hitbox (0.6x)
Samus Bomb #1/2 explosion (0.3x)
Samus Bomb #3 explosion (0.5x)
Sheik Needle Storm (0.8x)
ZSS Paralyzer #3 initial hits (0.6x total)
Toon Link Boomerang #2 initial hit (0.5x)
Toon Link Boomerang #3 (0.8x)
Toon Link Arrow #2/3 (0.5x)
WFT Hula Hoops #1 (0.0x)
WFT Hula Hoops #3 initial hits (0.5x)
WFT Condensed Sun Salutation uncharged (0.8x)
WFT Sweeping Sun Salutation (0.8x)
Yoshi up-b #1/3 hit (0.3x)
Yoshi up-b #1 explosion (0.3x)

...and helps these: (Grey attacks don't actually have a difference due to the way things are calculated)

DDD Gordo #1/2/3 (1.5x)
DHD Discus #1/2/3 hit (2.0x)
DHD Discus #1/3 shots (2.0x)
DHD Discus #3 explode (2.0x)
DHD ZZS Shot (1.2x)
DHD Gunmen #1/2 (1.5x)
DHD Gunmen #3 (2.0x)
Fox Blaster #3 (1.2x)
G&W Chef #2 (1.8x/1.5x)
Greninja uncharged Shuriken #3 (1.5x)
Greninja charged Shuriken #1 final hit (1.5x)
Bowser Jr. Up-b 2 aerial sweetspot (2.0x)
Link Arrow #2 (1.7x)
Charizard Flare Blitz explosion (1.5x)
Charizard Blast Burn explosion (2.0x)
Lucas PK Thunder (1.5x total)
Mario Scalding FLUDD (1.2x)
Mii Brawler Iron Ball (1.5x)
Mii Gunner Flame Pillar final hit (1.5x)
Mii Gunner Charge Shot max charge (1.05x total)
Mii Gunner f-smash final hit (2.0x)
Villager Explosive Ballon Trip (2.0x) --- remember, these hitboxes were significantly nerfed in size this patch!
Villager Giant Timber tree fall (2.0x)
Pac-Man default hydrant fall and hydrant projectile (1.5x)
Pac-Man On-Fire Hydrant flame initial hit (1.2x)
Pikachu Thunder Wave (2.5x/2.1x/1.5x)
Pikachu Thundershock (1.5x total)
Pikachu Thunder #1/3 later hits (1.5x total)
Olimar Explosive Pikmin Pluck (1.5x)
Robin Elwind #3 initial hit (2.0x)
Robin Arcfire #3 final hit (2.0x)
Robin (El)Thunder (1.5x total)
Robin (El)Thunder+ (2.25x total)
Robin Speed (El)Thunder (1.2x total)
Robin Arcthunder(+) (1.5x/0.6x/3.0x total)
Robin Speed Arcthunder (1.5x/0.6x/2.25x total)
Robin (Speed) Thoron(+) (1.5x total)
ROB max charge beam #1/2/3 (1.3x)
Luma Jabs 1/2/3, dash attack, bair, dair, dtilt, usmash, dsmash (1.5x)
Luma nair, fsmash (1.7x)
Luma Jab finisher, initial utilt (2.0x)
Ryu blue Hadoken (1.4x)
Ryu red Hadoken (0.25x/1.8x)
Samus Charge Shot #1/2/3 sub-max charge (1.5x total)
Samus Charge Shot #1/2 max charge (1.05x total)
Samus Charge Shot #3 max charge (3.3x total)
Sheik Penetrating Needles (1.1x) --- remember, these got a shield damage nerf
Sheik Paralyzing Needle (2.0x)
ZSS Paralyzer #1 (2.0x)
ZSS Paralyzer #2 charged (1.2x total)
ZSS Paralyzer #3 final hit (1.4x)
Toon Link Boomerang #2 late hit (1.2x)
Wario Bike #3 (1.2x)
WFT Jumbo Hoops (1.5x)
WFT Condensed Sun Salutation charged (1.5x)
Yoshi down-b 2 star (1.5x)
Yoshi up-b #3 explosion (1.5x)
Zelda Phantom #1/2/3 max charge 2nd hit (1.2x)
In this chart, you wrote Thunder Wave twice for Pikachu (one in each section). You meant Thunder Jolt (the default special) for one of them, right? (Whichever one it is ^-^')

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
If it can be triggered by accident, it cannot be regulated.
That's just straight up wrong. In literally any other situation, doing something game breaking by accident would still be ruled as a forfeit. Getting stuck in an unreachable area by accident would still cost you the game. Causing a crash by accident would still cost you the game. Becoming invincible by accident would still cost you the game. So, yes, doing this glitch by accident could be ruled as a forfeit without compromising the consistency of our ruleset.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
There was a change to the GrabHitbox of Sheik's final smash. I can't really interpret Dantarion's work all that well, though, so I don't know just what that change means.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
(Projectile Data)
What exactly is the damage? How much less safe are those projectiles now? Or is that dependent on damage? Do projectiles follow the same shield stun formula as physical attacks?
I'm so confused on everything.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
>Ryu untouched
>Roy untouched
>Bowser buffed

Well, no problems for me. Only happiness. I'm happy.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
>Ryu untouched
>Roy untouched
>Bowser buffed

Well, no problems for me. Only happiness. I'm happy.
Not only was Roy not nerfed, but the universal shield stun increase benefits him greatly and makes a lot of his moves safe on shield. t3h ph1r3 rises.

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
Has anyone tested usage counts/refresh timers on Robin's Levin Sword and spells? Might the changes be related to those?
I tested the usage counts and that's all the same. I didn't check the refresh timers but I've been playing Robin since the patch came out and nothin's felt different. At least not for Levin, Arcfire, or Thunder. I don't typically run out of Elwind or Nos so I couldn't say for sure about those.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not only was Roy not nerfed, but the universal shield stun increase benefits him greatly and makes a lot of his moves safe on shield. t3h ph1r3 rises.
But then he's worse against almost any other swordsman or anybody else with good range because they've been made safer at max range when he wasn't.

Actually I'm not sure if his tippers were nerfed or not by the mechanics... I'm still seeing conflicting information.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
But then he's worse against almost any other swordsman or anybody else with good range because they've been made safer at max range when he wasn't.

Actually I'm not sure if his tippers were nerfed or not by the mechanics... I'm still seeing conflicting information.
Marth at least has his non-tippered FAirs work out to be exactly as safe as before, but I'm not sure if Roy's increased shieldstun/decreased shieldlag trade is a wash as well.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
That's not really much different than before, though. He's always been at a range disadvantage, now it's just a bit more of a disadvantage. I'd gladly take that over shields completely negating his strengths.

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
There was a change to the GrabHitbox of Sheik's final smash. I can't really interpret Dantarion's work all that well, though, so I don't know just what that change means.
I already commented on this change before. The change also affected Zelda and Dark Pit. I believe this to be the size of the grabhitbox increasing from 32 to 33.

Here is how I am reading it so you can interpret as well. In general hitboxes follow this formula:

(hitbox_ID, bone, damage, angle, BKB, WKB, BKG, size...

Match this up with the dantarion data (the change is in red):
(0x0, 0x0, 44.000000, 0x14, 0x41, 0x0, 0x1e, 0x21....

Last edited:

JoyStrawberry

Smash Rookie
NNID
TopKekleon
Hello, I am new to this site but not to Smash Bros, and I came here to say that there was a bigger change this patch then just fighters. Some omega stages have been altered. Although I have not tested every single one just yet I can confirm Kalos Pokemon League Omega can no longer be Wall jumped or wall hung, I hope that this is useful to know.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hello, I am new to this site but not to Smash Bros, and I came here to say that there was a bigger change this patch then just fighters. Some omega stages have been altered. Although I have not tested every single one just yet I can confirm Kalos Pokemon League Omega can no longer be Wall jumped or wall hung, I hope that this is useful to know.
This was always the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom