• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I am not sure if this fits, but Samus Custom Move, the slow missiles, got nerfed: Prior to some unknown point it was possible having 3 out at the same time(2 normal 1 super) now you can only have 2 out.

If that was common knowledge I am sorry. But projectiles get rarely new information so I wonder if this was missed
Yes that a long time ago (I think 1.0.6). The change was that the super missles move faster.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Please forgive me for my scrubby question but I just updated my WiiU after a very long time and the listed verison on the bottom right of the title screen is 1.1.2.

I do not have any DLC, is this normal or did a update happen like today?

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Please forgive me for my scrubby question but I just updated my WiiU after a very long time and the listed verison on the bottom right of the title screen is 1.1.2.

I do not have any DLC, is this normal or did a update happen like today?
It was an update put out just a week or two after 1.11. With the express purpose of fixing the Diddy grab glitch. No further character changes were found in the game files.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Guys, did something happen to Samus' super-missile, either a hitstun or a FAF change?
Super missile -> dash attack is now a true combo (which accesses her entire dash follow up combo tree). We've been playing this character for over a year now, I swear we can't have been all that blind.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I swear we can't have been all that blind.
Well I can't rightly believe that when your character requires a high tech visor to see at all.

No changes to missiles in this patch. But it didn't take me long at all to find this true combo range. Hitstun isn't some value decided by the move itself. It's linked to knockback. More knockback means more hitstun. But of course, that makes the target fly farther away - becoming more difficult to followup with anything. Many combos have these sweetspot ranges and scenarios that aren't immediately obvious. You need to keep looking in order to find them. And, in the shields thread, I do recall a Samus main astounded that maximum range super missile combined with a full charge shot can break a target's shield at the other side of the stage- a discovery several months old. Blindness is not an issue, communication is the culprit.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Guys, did something happen to Samus' super-missile, either a hitstun or a FAF change?
Super missile -> dash attack is now a true combo (which accesses her entire dash follow up combo tree). We've been playing this character for over a year now, I swear we can't have been all that blind.
Took us Pit players a few months to discover that jumping and shooting would reduce the endlag on our Nspecial... So yeah. Probably isn't the only painfully obvious thing that's been missed entirely, either.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
No one plays customs and no one labs them

Anything not completely braindead auto goes unnoticed.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord

Anything not completely braindead auto goes unnoticed.
Not sure what this has to do with Samus' missiles.

...and...I lab customs...sometimes.

Direct in two days. My money's on next patch coming at the end of month. Will prepare for the possibility of Patch on Thursday as well.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If replays break (and they probably will), we'll be on the scene.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
DunnoBro said:
As noted, regular, non custom super missile. I'm half tempted to reinstall a bare version on my 3DS and verify it wasn't initially there.
Zapp Branniglenn Zapp Branniglenn yeah of course, the most obvious can be missed. We've known about the SM -> z-air and CS variants for a very long time. Just amazing we didn't realize a close range SM leads to 50+ damage combos.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Meh. I give it a 50% chance we'll get something Smash related, and if we do I'm not expecting a big patch. Probably the biggest thing that'll happen besides a character that won't be viable is that they might tinker with shield safety again.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm somewhat dubious on the idea that we're going to get a balance update, because if memory serves, the previous update added 3 empty slots for the upcoming characters. Wouldn't it be possible for them to add characters/stages at this point without having to go to 1.1.3?

Granted, I REALLY want to see a balance update because :4sheik: and it's really fun to see characters get buffed, too, but...

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm somewhat dubious on the idea that we're going to get a balance update, because if memory serves, the previous update added 3 empty slots for the upcoming characters. Wouldn't it be possible for them to add characters/stages at this point without having to go to 1.1.3?
Previous updates have always added/changed data for upcoming characters. There currently seem to be 4 unreleased characters' worth of parameter data as of 1.1.2. (Though there is no guarantee of anything, it's a bad idea to read into things like that too much.)

Any update that changes the game client in any way will increment the version number.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
If they add new characters without breaking replays, it'd be a first. And hard to believe too, any kind of new quality or gimmick generally needs at least a slight tweak.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Granted, I REALLY want to see a balance update because :4sheik: and it's really fun to see characters get buffed, too, but...
That's not how Smash DLC works. Already you can hack a character's slot to point to these placeholders, but if you do it'd default to Mario. Buying DLC just gives you a CSS slot... They're fully playable with a little hacking and the update, as we've learned from the Ryu update.

So basically if you somehow bought DLC without character data for them you'd have another Mario.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Thinkaman Thinkaman or anyone else who might be aware, were there any files changed in this or the previous patches relating to stages, specifically Mario Kart U? There is a significant glitch on that stage that prevents it from being playable that if remedied could potentially allow it to see competitive use.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hm, this is interesting. Dataminers have the data for tomorrow's update already. Perhaps Thinkaman Thinkaman could get ahead of the game and tell us what's coming before the placebo sets in.

No major spoilers at the moment though. No Cloud either? Dunno, need to get back to sleep...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hm, this is interesting. Dataminers have the data for tomorrow's update already. Perhaps Thinkaman Thinkaman could get ahead of the game and tell us what's coming before the placebo sets in.
I don't have the data; no idea where the leak was or how much data was there, but I have no access to it.

Anyway, this thread has been fun, but it's time to move onto the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom