• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My Carl was naaaaaaasty back when I owned the game, lol.

*still has CT*

Hope Brawl doesn't die before I get tired of it.

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@Everyone:

I've been working. xD

I'm going to be training as a waiter soon so I won't have all these late night shifts and I'll actually be able to do stuff.

I was out playing Smash tonight and I feel pretty good about these few Nationals coming up. Def gonna get back into a steady flow of practice beforehand.

So how have you all been? I missed my Mario Bros. <3
I thought you were gonna post once and leave for another few months. Now that I feel like you might actually read this HAI KIRIN!!! Also I placed higher than you at KTAR :p

Also I hope you put in work for these nationals. You did really well at Pound.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
My scene just died randomly. Nobody can do anything. We can't play, luckily there's a strong fighting game scene way closer than any smash scenes used to be. So I've been getting pretty good at BlazBlue.

Awwwww yeah BlazBlue.
That's pretty much exactly what happened to me.
Used to be a scene here in Dayton OH, then it started getting less active, but still somewhat alive when I left and went to Akron OH. Managed to start a scene there, which also more or less died when I left and came back to Dayton, but now there's no one left here.
On the plus side, so much MVC3 here!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My scene has almost died a few times, but I'm proud to say I'm one of the few that helped keep it alive! I quite literally ran EVERYTHING smash related around here for a good 3-4 months until a few others started picking up a bit of slack. We're still less than we used to be but we are on the uphill again.

@BlazBlue: I love that game, I need a PS3 so I can own it. I use Taokaka and am alright, I've played with the BB scene and while I do lose to most of them, I can be good competition for lower leveled actives.

@MvC3: I am also decent here, but don't own it. I switch around between Ammy/Felicia/Magneto/C. Viper/Morrigan. Ammy is the only character that i always use and occasionally switch around the remaining four, but i mainly stick with Ammy/Felicia/Magneto.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Speaking of MvC3, got myself a new team.

Haggar/Ryu/Arthur. I kid you not these guys actually have synergy.

steep

Smash Lord
There is no scene here in Indiana (as Xero said) Although I did convince a friend of mine to host a tourney and our next one is going to be official. On SWF and everything! I'll let you guys know! LOL I actually won the last one so you know it'll be easy $$! Once I know when it will be, we can get some HYPE going for trying to start up a good Indiana scene! XD

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My scene has almost died a few times, but I'm proud to say I'm one of the few that helped keep it alive! I quite literally ran EVERYTHING smash related around here for a good 3-4 months until a few others started picking up a bit of slack. We're still less than we used to be but we are on the uphill again.
I'm thinking about doing something to actually help out my community, too...

Did you run house tourneys or find a venue? How'd you get the idea off the ground?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I found a venue. I actually came up with the idea due to a tournament that was hosted about 4-5 months prior. It was held in a clubhouse and I thought that would be an easy, cheap place to rent, so I found a place about 20mins from my house that was somewhat central to the scene, found the number to contact them, and started using that as a venue.

Another thing I did, was I noticed a new gaming place that was opening, so I went to go check it out. I didnt go thinking I would find a new venue, I was just seeing what it was all about, but I realized they had rooms to rent out, so I started using that place as well. Now we dont use it though cuz it's too small, but it worked for about 3 tournaments until we upgraded in size again.

Now we just use the clubhouse, we have a few at Play n Trade, we do some at this one hella rich smasher's place (he has 7 flatscreens in one room and an indoor pool :D), and a few other occasional places.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip

^ The bess mario texture, & the texture i use to ****. xD

For the ones that don't know what texture this is.....This, is the stewie griffin (Family Guy) Texture.

Coolwhip>Family guy. Get it? ;)

Matt07

Smash Master
Pretty much what Matador asked, I'm interested in starting a scene. Smash is dead where I live :/. Like completely dead, I only know one friend that plays O_o.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont mind texture hacks as long as they're not extreme. That Mario texture is fine imo, I just hate the ones that make them look different. I only like the recolor ones.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Apparently the XeroXen Mario texture was glitchy as hell.

Never got to use it though, unfortunately. Apparently it made you all polygonal.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I probably missed the reference completely, but when I see the word "weird" and the letter "h" involved, I think of a certain funny Japanese word. =P

steep

Smash Lord
^^ This. lol and also, there is a scene where stewie or meg says "weird" but with an h sound and Brian's like "Oh come on, there's not even an 'H' in that one!" XD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Family Guy is *** in my book, so I don't watch it, nor do I get any references from it aside from the occasional meme gif.

I'm planning on watching South Park to get my fill of quality crude American humor.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Strangely enough, Columbus smash has kind of been thriving. Not a whole lot of people are into the whole national scene, but people like Quivo and Drephen for Melee still come out for local events.

We don't really travel though, which is the downside.

Cincinnati will still be playing, it's a little tough to see where NEOH is going, Dayton unfortunately seems to have thinned out (which sucks because Iska and Fizzle are awesome) and I know OUGA mostly does Mahvel and MK9 now.

At least Columbus is centralized now that we have a few venues to use. We'll be losing AZ's DU when he graduates though.

Matt07

Smash Master
Family Guy is *** in my book, so I don't watch it, nor do I get any references from it aside from the occasional meme gif.

I'm planning on watching South Park to get my fill of quality crude American humor.
Simpsons>Family Guy. I don't like Family Guy either. And South Park is awesome too.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Going to a mediocre tourny tomorrow, i'm expecting to get good results unless I get ***** by bad seeding or Metagay'd

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
That's true. Family Guy isn't that great. South Park is good though, American Dad is also way better than recent Family Guy, even though it's made by the same people.

I have Hulu plus so I can watch whatever the hell I want though, so I'm pretty up with these references.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Family Guy has its moments...

Brian + Stewie + Santa = Hardest I've laughed in years

Besides, South Park is amazing n all, but they try soooo hard to stay current that it comes across forced sometimes.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Family Guy was good for the first 3 seasons.. then it got cancelled. When it came back, felt like they were trying too hard =/

South Park was good first few seasons.. got a bit stupid.. then they started coming back again :p

I <3 Randy.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Strangely enough, Columbus smash has kind of been thriving. Not a whole lot of people are into the whole national scene, but people like Quivo and Drephen for Melee still come out for local events.

We don't really travel though, which is the downside.

Cincinnati will still be playing, it's a little tough to see where NEOH is going, Dayton unfortunately seems to have thinned out (which sucks because Iska and Fizzle are awesome) and I know OUGA mostly does Mahvel and MK9 now.

At least Columbus is centralized now that we have a few venues to use. We'll be losing AZ's DU when he graduates though.

NEOH is weird. It seems like they still play, just not together. They pretty much only seem to play in groups of 2-3 and at tournaments.

As for Dayton, I haven't seen Fizzle since the last SiiS, and Scribz spends pretty much all his time on WoW. Plus with all the stuff that's been going on lately, I highly doubt Scribz will get back into the scene.
Everyone else quit or went to Marvel.

Speaking of OUGA, are you going to their tournament? I'm thinking about it.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I liked Chef when he was in. I liked some of the newer ones, but it feels like they just make parodies of what's movies or current events (Inception, Shake Weight, Dark Knight, etc.)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Family Guy overall just...I don't like their sense of humor from what I've seen. South Park summed that up best with a manatee tank. Like the jokes that Family Guy comes up with aren't even original, and often have nothing to do with anything in the plot.

It's why I want to watch South Park, since from what little I've seen from them, they have an AMAZING sense of humor.

steep

Smash Lord
I really like family guy though.... lol I feel so outnumbered.

I SAW YOU YESTERDAY MATADOR!!!! Lol and I played YoshQ in friendlies. He ***** me.... Of course, maybe it's that I'm just new to wifi....

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wifi definitely has a learning curve...you cant play the same as offline or you'll find urself having input errors n such.

YoshQ's mad good too, lol. We should play soon, Steep.

steep

Smash Lord
Wifi definitely has a learning curve...you cant play the same as offline or you'll find urself having input errors n such.

YoshQ's mad good too, lol. We should play soon, Steep.

Yeah I'm learning how to play a little better on wifi.... I hate those random lag freezes though....

And yeah YoshQ's a beast. Shoryuken'd me more times than I cared to count.... lol And yes we should play Matador! I'll be on tomorrow or something hopefully. My first day of work starts tomorrow though so we'll see....

Top Bottom