• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
That's like saying that I didn't play well. It's not the fact that I don't play well, it's the fact that I don't know the matchup, and NJz is a really good Falco.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
with Falco, I think it comes down to whoever gets the first kill between him and mario will have the best ratio to win IMO. lol im slowly but surely learn how to debate in the mario boards.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's like saying that I didn't play well. It's not the fact that I don't play well, it's the fact that I don't know the matchup, and NJz is a really good Falco.
Well, yeah... MY experience is always necessary to perform well regardless.

Also, I have to say, I think Xero and Vato are tied as the two most humble Marios... :laugh:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falco is NOT easy.

If all he does is run away and laser camp and SideB and if he spotdodges your grabs a lot...he's really really ****ing gay to deal with.

Getting the first kill is indeed important since you want SOME way to force him to approach.

I really don't know how to beat my friend's Falco at all, and all he does in friendlies is camp for 8 minutes straight if given the opportunity. Caping lasers and throwing fireballs only does so much. You have to duck his lasers and powershield his SideB.

Pierce and I talked about this matchup...it is probably 6/4 Falco. It's definitely a worrisome matchup if your opponent is patient and good. It's harder than say...Snake.

Snake I don't think is easy enough to be a 55/45, but you can at least approach Snake and mix him up and set him up for consistent KOs. Percentwise he may appear more intimidating, but in practice, he is much less tedious to deal with than a really really campy Falco since he's more easily juggled and YOU KNOW when he wants to use a ground move.

How many of you have charged F-smashed Snake when he F-tilts? I guarantee you...it's the best feeling ever when it works, especially when you realize you just killed him at like 90%.

Matt07

Smash Master
I don't think Falco is 6:4 even with Falco camping, in my opinion.

Caping the lasers helps you, you might be getting hit the odd time, but so will he when he mis-times a laser and eats one back. Side B has some start-up, and a SH n-air will help you with that, Cape might work, it's either you will take some damage, or he will die offstage if he uses it too close to the ledge. You just gotta predict his camping movements, and know when he's going for a Side B.

I'll just avoid saying anything for Snake since it's one of my hardest match-up's besides Daydayday...

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Falco is not easy. Patient Falco ***** Mario. You HAVE to approach then get grabbed. It's a really ****ing annoying MU. I've started using Pit in place of Mario for this MU. I'm probably going to use them both for it. It's just too annoying with Mario alone.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario is horrible on wifi...

Aside from fireball camping, spacing in general is a major pain on wifi.

Luigi on the other hand is VERY good on wifi since his strategy is more rushdown as opposed to spacing.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Falco is just a giant pain. When I play Pierce's Falco it's one grab and it can completely screw me over. I constantly get CG'd to 40% or spiked which can lead to death if he footstools me. It's definitely a winnable MU but very annoying. Also Mario does very well against Falco off stage.

Mario is high tier... on wifi
Allied <3

Also random question: Any Mario main live near Richmond?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Mabye you guys are just playing bad Falcos...? Joking.

I'm sure he's easy ONCE YOU KNOW THE MATCHUP. However, there aren't any Falcos around here for me to LEARN THE MATCHUP.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Mabye you guys are just playing bad Falcos...? Joking.

I'm sure he's easy ONCE YOU KNOW THE MATCHUP. However, there aren't any Falcos around here for me to LEARN THE MATCHUP.
Well, yeah... MW doesn't really have good Falcos.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Ummmm, Arty and Shugo anyone? They're our best midwest falcos.

Falco is NOT easy.

If all he does is run away and laser camp and SideB and if he spotdodges your grabs a lot...he's really really ****ing gay to deal with.

Getting the first kill is indeed important since you want SOME way to force him to approach.

I really don't know how to beat my friend's Falco at all, and all he does in friendlies is camp for 8 minutes straight if given the opportunity. Caping lasers and throwing fireballs only does so much. You have to duck his lasers and powershield his SideB.

Pierce and I talked about this matchup...it is probably 6/4 Falco. It's definitely a worrisome matchup if your opponent is patient and good. It's harder than say...Snake.

Snake I don't think is easy enough to be a 55/45, but you can at least approach Snake and mix him up and set him up for consistent KOs. Percentwise he may appear more intimidating, but in practice, he is much less tedious to deal with than a really really campy Falco since he's more easily juggled and YOU KNOW when he wants to use a ground move.

How many of you have charged F-smashed Snake when he F-tilts? I guarantee you...it's the best feeling ever when it works, especially when you realize you just killed him at like 90%.
I'd rather face falco than snake. =/ at least we have a way to kill Falco much easier.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I don't see how. Snake's camping is much harder to deal with for mario, and killing him is much harder, while he kills you at like 100.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I don't see how. Snake's camping is much harder to deal with for mario, and killing him is much harder, while he kills you at like 100.
I don't have problems killing Snake, it's just a matter of racking more damage. Plus... his camping really isn't hard to get around, IMO.

Matt07

Smash Master
Nice sig Xero. Veggi, I'd play Brawl but I gotta head to class in a few. Snake's camping is really hard to get around for me. F-tilts galore, and he won't die till about 200%.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Pew pew camping is annoying. I play D1 sometimes when I'm in the Bronx and his Falco is so patient and annoying as ****. It's pretty tough. When I do get a win it's never close..always like both last stock at 150%+.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I still hate snake like 10x more than falco. Probably because I face arty soo much.

I gotta work on Diddy kong, snake, and metaknight really.

Veggi

Smash Champion
MK is hilarious to me because I was making jokes at a smashfest I went to when an MK player money matched my Mario and I was doing silly things with FLUDD. Many were in agreement that Mario is better than Metaknight because Metaknight lacks a Super Soaker.

Top Bottom