• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Hippie. Talk to me on AIM when I get home.
I got you. I've been playing the game competitively for almost three years now.
A2 also knows his stuff so you can talk to him too.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I use Mario, G&W, Luigi, ROB, Ganondorf, Bowser, Marth, Metaknight, Ike, Captain Falcon, and Lucas. (only the first three for tournament)

I try to be versatile. My next goal is to learn to use Link.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Mario, Link, Pit, Snake.

I play a lot of Ike in friendlies and am working on my Snake to be used in tournament.
Right now Mario and Link are my two best with Pit catching up. I'm probably gonna work on Meta Knight too. As gay as he is, he's kinda fun.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I only use Mario. I should probably pick up another char. Another 10char, even.
I C WAT U DID THAR! Ur so clever!

I can only play Mario well. I've tried other characters, but I suck with them all in comparison...and lol @ the notion that I have the patience to learn TWO characters... I'm trying to learn every match-up really well though so it's not so bad sometimes.

Flameleon is THEE ****...everyone go watch his vids now.

Right now.

Like...don't reply. Just go.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Been there done that.

Flameleon plays in a way that I believe really represents what most Mario mains should aim to do, although I would simply orgasm if I saw he implemented the Sliding Up-smash in one of his matches.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You don't even need to sliding Up Smash to chase down airdodges or rolls... you can do that with a normal Hyphen Smash.
You don't get to slide as far and thus you don't get to have as much surprise factor for charging Up-smash.

There's a number of people who will spotdodge when you rush them down, which is punishable with charged Up-smash, and pulling off a sliding Up-smash there also lets you get more power off of Up-smash.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
He used it in one vid...but I'm not sure if it was the sliding Usmash you discovered A2Z.

He slid pretty far though and was charging it along the way

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Come to Cali, I want a match against you :]

And I agree, Lucas beats Mario :[
come to MD/VA :D
yea, thats the truth. ;D
:3

I used to think the MU was even, until i realized I can magnet cancel.
can someone teach me competitive pokemons please and link me to tier list

too many casuals in my school D:

and pinks sig is wayyy too good
omfg pogeymanz

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/

introduces you to it.

if you want tiers only, just click on tiers from that link ._.

my sig da bes D:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I used to think Lucas was even, until I realized just how little range he actually has.

And do come to Cali. Cali >>>> all.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
@pinkfresh:

I Posted Smogon Earliar Xd

Come To Cali, I'll Take You On A Date To Disneyland <3
i Missed The Part Where Matador Would Fly To Cali.. I've Been Saying Since Forever, Vato Will House Anybody!!!

And **** Son, I'll Take You On A Date To Disney >.>
How could you??

I thought we had something special...now I hear ur taking everybody to disneyland

T_T

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
I C WAT U DID THAR! Ur so clever!

I can only play Mario well. I've tried other characters, but I suck with them all in comparison...and lol @ the notion that I have the patience to learn TWO characters... I'm trying to learn every match-up really well though so it's not so bad sometimes.

Flameleon is THEE ****...everyone go watch his vids now.

Right now.

Like...don't reply. Just go.
I feel bad, because, my goal was to get videos of ALL matchups and i couldn't accomplish that, mainly because the lack of some Hlvl players of one specific char...

Been there done that.

Flameleon plays in a way that I believe really represents what most Mario mains should aim to do, although I would simply orgasm if I saw he implemented the Sliding Up-smash in one of his matches.
Ohh, i'm honored...and, i think that i've used it once or twice...against a g&w and...i can't remember the other one x9, but yeah, i'm trying to find a better way to use it, because, it's not really reliable like Falco's DACUS or smthing like that, mainly because our hitbox comes first from the back...

flame save up money, get a pass port, and come to a big socal tournament!
I would do that if i could but i think that if i go to U.S, the only place where i'll go is to TX, where Xyro and all those brawlers are +.+

My craptastic internet won't allow me to see Flameon's videos :(.
That's bad :<

Flame is too good.
:D

He has really unique ways of implementing FLUDD for mindgames, he needs to start playing offline...now! :p.
Actually, what you guys might don't know is that i actually play offline...and i play A LOT, mainly because all my crew members comes every weekend to my house to play and stuff like that. I can do a lot of things a Mario can imagine on Wifi, that's the reason i play on it and it helps me to get some things out to work on offline...also, my offline lvl is like x3 times greater than my Wifi lvl ;)

He used it in one vid...but I'm not sure if it was the sliding Usmash you discovered A2Z.

He slid pretty far though and was charging it along the way
True, i was trying to figure how to use it in a good way...

-Sigh...and when i thought that general thread wasn't very interesting x9...-

P.D: the Mario forum looks nice :D...

JUDGE

Smash Lord
yoo marioboards, always wanted to ask what kind of music you listen to and what is your favourite song/band etc.

so i love to listen to r'n'b raggie and hip hop...but my favourite is...dadadam: ROCK
goes from alternative rock, to rock'nroll to grunge to blues rock to surfrock to metal to (sometimes) deathmetal hard rock poprock yeah i love them all <33 cool bands: muse, jimmy eat world, deep purple, nirvana, limp bizkit, rage against the machine, blah blah blah..
but my favourite band is clearly: rise against!! and they are in germany this year for rock am ring and they give a concert in bielefeld, have to go there!!

yeah just wanted to ask since this is the social thread and we have talken enough of marios metagame....little break guys ;)

Veggi

Smash Champion
This is the usual.
It really bothers me when I see comments like "I'm so much better offline than I am online." It REALLY bothers me.

I've got some vidzzzzzz, hold on, imma link them. Somebody critique me!

Matador (Mario) vs PinkFresh (Lucas)

Matador (Mario) vs PinkFresh (Wario)

I love seeing my Mario on youtube again ^_^
Matador, your Mario is sooo sexy. It's just fantastic, all the feigns you did were genius. You used empty short-hops amazingly, you rapidly could change directions like a shrew, and you could adapt to new situations really fast. If a fireball was near them, you could work off of it extremely well and use jab cancels straight from situations that there was barely any time to react to. Plus, the Wario cape **** was sexy.

The only problems I noticed were that you used the cape stall in some sketchy situations where he could have punished you severely if he caught on to it, then one time where you cape stalled right above a platform, where I don't think could bring you any sort of an opening in any situation, but I could be wrong. You could have used some more devastating punishers on the more laggy of his moves (up smash), but you chose to dthrow. One time I saw you nair a Wario too close and he grabbed you out of it. Other than that, I thought it was spectacular.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Much obliged Veggi ^_^

And yeah, I was getting punished all night for misplaced cape stalls...gotta get better at predicting with my mix-ups.

And I'm trying to implement a little more Dthrow, charged smashes and upB into my game. Ordinarily my go-to punisher is Dsmash, but I'm trying to move from that. I agree though, my choices are a bit odd sometimes XD

And my spacing needs work, lol.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Nah, not so much anymore. I still play at fests and sometimes at school just to stay frosty. I'm not gonna lie and say the lack of playing hasn't set me back a ways though...

Pink's Lucas is amaaaaaazing. Fun playing him, definitely.

Top Bottom