• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah, I was really looking forward to getting first place repping Mario at the circuit. But life comes first. Won't be a FL Mario for long though.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Haha, instead of MLG Orlando I'll be in Lexington Kentucky... provided the people around this area ended up going.

And Vato mentioned going to the exact same tourney in KY, although I have no idea why he'd be there.

I'd go to Orlando but... it's too far and I'm a minor and have school and stuff... so yeah. >_>

I'LL BE AT COLUMBUS THOUGH!

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Why won't your mom let you go?
To the one Thats not inside Campus?

To be more Specific, Because She thinks thinks there will be drinking weed and Arguing going on..

Please don't ask me why she thinks this, I don't no.
--------

**** can't wait to get My wii back so I can practice Jab lock..... Now that I now about it

Famous

Smash Champion
I'm not going to MLG either...I have the money to but...it's too much to be spending at once especially when the odds are stacked against you tourney wise...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Bought my pass for MLG Orlando last night.
BE THERE.
YOUR A HOMO BEAST!! I JUST ****ING DARE YOU TO **** EVERYONE! I JUST DARE YOU.

oh and don't get gey'd by FL's gayest ddd's and snakes and mks

I'll probably be at MLG Orlando.
l need to play wifi peach if you still play her, i need to get revenge on certain someone's peach in 2 weeks

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To the one Thats not inside Campus?

To be more Specific, Because She thinks thinks there will be drinking weed and Arguing going on..

Please don't ask me why she thinks this, I don't no.
--------

**** can't wait to get My wii back so I can practice Jab lock..... Now that I now about it

Well... considering how close it is to Cincinati and Sfield, that's not an ENTIRELY incorrect assumption. I mean, jesus christ people, Y.b.M. What more do I need to say?
"TELL ME A STORY!" (Y.b.M., I love you, no homo.)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hey, don't just put Y.b.M's name in there, we could fit MAAAAAAAANY more... but we won't, because this is the Mario boards, and not some random Ohio discussion.

Btw, hi Marios, I can't wait to play all of you wherever, you all get to get a $5 MM with me. (Refuse and I'll force you to MM me.)

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'll play Peach against you, Hippie. I might have time on Saturday, but I have to perform in Grease for a school play, then I might have time on Sunday, but I'll probably be going to a Play n' Trade tourney, then church related things for the rest of the day.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So anyhow I just fell in love with B reversal Fireballs.

For spacing purposes basically, since using them for mixing up retreats is virtually safe.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, don't just put Y.b.M's name in there, we could fit MAAAAAAAANY more... but we won't, because this is the Mario boards, and not some random Ohio discussion.

Btw, hi Marios, I can't wait to play all of you wherever, you all get to get a $5 MM with me. (Refuse and I'll force you to MM me.)
Agreed, but he's the funniest IMO.

A2Z, why wouldn't you just jump backwards then? I dunno... mixup retreats that give landing lag don't seem advantageous to me.

Now mixup approach w/ projectile that combos into Dsmash, on the other hand...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Agreed, but he's the funniest IMO.

A2Z, why wouldn't you just jump backwards then? I dunno... mixup retreats that give landing lag don't seem advantageous to me.

Now mixup approach w/ projectile that combos into Dsmash, on the other hand...
That's exactly what I do. And I don't have landing lag, since generally speaking I fullhop more than I shorthop with Mario.

I pretend to B-air, and then retreat with a B reversal fireball. The fireball is headed towards the opponent. I'm heading away from them.

Works like a charm really.

Generally speaking though that extra ability to reverse momentum at will does really help increase your safety options.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
...If you're "pretending" to Bair them... you're going to be facing away from them... therefore you can't B-reverse fireball away from them with a fireball going towards them, unless I don't quite understand this B-reverse fireball thing (which I'm pretty sure I do.)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
"Pretending to B-air" is more like pretending to RAR.

So pretty much he's just saying fake-outs are good for B-reversal fireballs.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I still don't see who would fall for that... or even the point in doing it in most situations... considering you could just B-air them, and it puts you in a better positions where you have more options.

I'm not saying B-reversed fireballs aren't useful... just not like that.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
They're not being used to approach, but rather to retreat and cause a reaction.

In fact it's pretty similar to how Sonic uses his Spindashes and Dash Attack.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I started using B-reverse Fireballs in response to the fact my friend's Snake keeps consistently beating me 90% of the time with grenade camping and fishing for grabs (and other random stuff that makes Snake...Snake).

I got tired of constantly getting grabbed because he knows my general playstyle too well and generally does a lot of stuff that works because I have bad reaction time. The nature of this tactic is that it still looks like I could be jumping in to B-air, which he also tries to pivot grab or shieldgrab. The idea with B reversals is that it's harder for him to react to this form of retreating and puts more space between me and him when he tries to dash in on reaction for a grab. So yeah, one problem solved.

I still ****ing hate grenade camping though.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I still haven't fiddled around with B-reversals with Mario like I should...but I figure I'd only use them when recovering or when my opponent's below me and I'm trying to land...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
...If you're "pretending" to Bair them... you're going to be facing away from them... therefore you can't B-reverse fireball away from them with a fireball going towards them, unless I don't quite understand this B-reverse fireball thing (which I'm pretty sure I do.)
This was what I thought.

But A2Z, if he whiffs a grab while you B-reverse, don't you just rest the situation, since you can't actually punish him for it in time?

Maybe I'm not understanding you...

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Nothing makes me cringe more then seeing a Mario jump off the stage going for a Fair Spike when someone is falling back to the stage.

So many better things you could do.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Like, it's sexy... and stuff, but you have better options. Although I still do it ALL THE TIME, regardless. =D

But I got 'dat spacing down.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Which was totally obvious but I was like "Know what? I'll let it hit."

I won a match by doing a run-off F-air, which he totally didn't see coming.

Top Bottom