• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manliness tier (and womanly?)

PCHU

Smash Lord
I just HAD to post in here....
I say fighting for your friends rocks.
I mean, it displays that you aren't afraid to take on anyone, and fighting FOR your friends is a big responsibility, bigger than running around in tight clothes shouting Falcon Punch.....

I say that Marth has been joked with enough.
It's old and worn out.
If you can't deal with his PWNSOMENESS, then don't comment.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Well well, It seems like Sonic isn't the only one using roids! ( it was a joke to begin with, sorry bout that)
Hedgehogs are not rodents? Sonic +1
Sonic is brave too, so +1
I don't think super mushrooms have ever made the Mario bros stronger, but still.
Roids! Mario -3
Roids! Luigi -3
Roids? Triforce = Roids?? Hmm, tough decision. Ganon has a triforce, so could it be?

Falcon can't be bumped up, cuz Ganon's already in the GOD tier. And we all know who Cfalcons daddy is.

Copying abilities, naw. But I guess some of Captain Falcons awsomeness does rub onto Kirby, hmm.

A few people have said Ike should be lower.

Marth joke is old? I put Marth there for that exact reason! But I guess he should join the manly tier. Tiara DOES count. I know it's his sisters, but still.

Bread...

acv

Smash Journeyman
imo marth should be god tier for both womanly and manly tier lists.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf is God tier phool! There can't be more than one person in the god tier, so Cfalcon can't fit in there. Don't you know who Cfalcons father is?
Besides, Cfalcon is paranoid of people coming after him and killing him.

Of course, if people can proove triforce pieces are equivalent to Roids, (which is unmasculine in my book) then Ganondorf would be bumped down, leaving an opening for Captain falcon...

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf: GOD tier.

Cfalcon: Top of the top tier.

I will once again explain that Cfalcon is a paranoid race car driver, that is in good physical shape and wheres tights.

You have nothing on Ganondorf, unless people all decide the triforce is a type of roids.

**** is not manly. *gasp* Captain Falcon -2

MSZ

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry, but a guy who wears a scarf just doesn't seem as manly. Also, a guy who wears tights and has the possibility of having a pink costume isn't the most manly thing out there. Sorry, pink isn't a man's color. Also, as for Ganon is a pimp, but he also loses to Link ALL THE TIME!

I think Link should be God tier (call me a fanboy, but I have reasoning.) My reasons are as such, he's faster than ganondorf and yet he carries such in Twilight Princess.

Slingshot: .5 pounds. (including pouch)
Bow/arrows: 10 pounds (100 arrows)
A ball and Chain: 70 (did you forget this one is like 70 pounds)
Gale boomerang: .5 pounds.
Two bomb bags: 10 pounds (a lot of bombs)
3 Bottles: 2 pounds
Dominion Rod: 3 pounds
Lantern: 5 pounds
Clawshot x2: 10 pounds (more is debatable.)
Iron Boots: (Enough to sink him so) 20 pounds
Horse Call: .5 pounds
Fishing Rod: 1 pound
Spinner: 10 pounds
Sword: 7 pounds
Shield: 3 pounds

So he's faster than Ganondorf normally with 82.5 pounds (if you don't count the wrecking ball) and 152.5 pounds with wrecking ball. AND if we're only counting the things he has in brawl he has about 30.5 pounds for all 6 minutes of the match while fighting possibly sonic, or any other character.

He's a beast. I didn't even count the armor he has when he's gold link.

My second point. Yes, Ike can take a blow to the face and not flinch, but just for the weird hair and cape, I think Snake should go before him, why? Two words. Rocket Launcher. Plus when it comes to punches, Snake uses more of them. Also another two words: Facial hair. He's the only character in the game (with the exception of lucario) who has some.

As for toon link: He's a kid that's fighting adults. How manly is that?

As for pit...he should be bottom tier. He says "you're not ready yet" and he has a high pitched voice. Enough said.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Have you realized how Link only seems heavier when he actually brings out his iron boots? Why isn't he only being hindered when he actually wears the boots? Shouldn't carrying a pair of rediculously heavy boots have a relatively similar affect to wearing a pair of heavy boots? The answer is simple. Link has something gamers generally can "Hammer space" . Which is fairly light in the game world. All his gear would go into this hammer space, which maintains a stable weight. Link has nothing on strength.

I guess I'm simply a bandwagon hopper who is going with the flow when I put Cfalcon up there on Top tier. I dunno. Ask a Cfalcon main. He will explain. Mostly, its his physical fitness that makes people think he's all that.

I already have insight on the fact that Snake has facial hair! I was the first person in this thread to mention this! FIRST, ya hear me? Anyways he has to many guns and a rocket launcher doesn't +1 for manliness in my book. Oh and Mario, luigi, Wario, Wolf, Fox, and Shiek all have facial hair (shiek lol). Some people are saying Snake doesn't have fully functioning man-parts. I don't have expierience on the field of cloning, so It will go.

No one's ranting about Yoshi?

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Ahem. There is NO WAY the Master Sword weighs seven pounds. Link would be so slow to swing it that Ganondorf would kill him outright. Real one-handed swords were in the 1-2 pound range; not even true two-handers were known to weigh seven pounds. Besides, the MS is enchanted, so it would probably be lighter besides.

And everyone needs to cut the "guns aren't manly" BS. Guns are solid, metal masculinity that shoot bullets. Every real man should at least own a gun, even if he prefers a fistfight.

The same followed for swords back when they were the primary weapon available (i.e. Fire Emblem and Zelda universes).

PCHU

Smash Lord
I think that Ike would completely dominate anyone.
Who cares if Snake has hi-tech gear?
I'm sure Ike could take every single blow, and WALK up to Snake, chopping his head off in a solid one-handed swing.

Ike is a beast.
And blue hair is unique AND cool.
Ike doesn't have much muscle on him, but it's pure PWNsomeness that allows him to do all of these things....with skinny arms.

And why would Ike waste his time on these losers?
Captain Falcon can run fast and drive fast, but all that really says is that he can do an effective hit-and-run.
Snake can shoot the crap out of anyone AND sneak up on people, but Ike just walks up there and kills whatever he wants.
It's called Max Level power, and it comes from his wicked hair.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
um. you should have put samus at least high tier, then put zamus very low. everyone thought she was a man, including the instruction booklet, until they beat the game :p.

and switch zelda with marth. look at her boots. if she had heels, i'd be fine with her placement below marth, but she has boots, man. oh and pants. boots and pants. sure, marth does too, but he has a tiara, whereas zelda has the same thing ganondorf has, practically.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
In an amendment to my previous post, the standard weight of a one-handed sword (a la Master Sword or the poorly-named Falchion) was in the 2-3.5 pound range.

I say poorly named because a falchion was actually more like a meat cleaver in function and appearance, having a single edge and usually no cross guard or fuller, like Marth's sword does. Random sword trivia for you smashers.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
It does not really matter how much link's gear weighs. Hes got hammer space. That's a interesting fact though, I had no idea how much a standard one handed sword weighed.

I'll need more people to agree that Guns and weapons are ok in order for my guns are not manly rule to be amended.

Yes PCHU, I already boosted Ike for his cool blue hair. Ike is actually quite muscular, the makers of Brawl just decided to deny that.

To G&W: Ganondorf may be old now, but for a old man to maintain that physical prowess is fairly hard. Is Ganondorf like Irish or sometin? cuz uh...

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
But you wrote:

Captain Falcon < Everyone else

That inequality is saying Captain Falcon is less than everyone else.

To say Captain falcon is greater than everyone you write:

Captain falcon > Everyone else

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
Captain falcon wears an ascot and flamingo suit just to lower his manliness to a level that allows us to view him without being blinded.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf is immortal, built like old-school Arnold Schwartzeneger, wears black armor, has a sword made out of light, and can shoot purple fire out of his hands. Nobody in Brawl can touch that.

Ike isn't necessarily all muscle, but that in no way means he's weak. Some people have an inate ability to be immensely strong without having a lot of muscle mass; such people might be called "wiry" or "sinewy"; small enough in build to still be agile, but packed with strength nonetheless.

Samus is actually a very manly character, despite being a woman. *points to instruction manual for original game* Even the developers thought it was male for a while.

Captain Falcon...brass nipples, ascot, skintight clothes, pink color available, strange accent, paranoia, up-B **** on a predominately male cast of characters...the only things I see going for Falgot here are decent musculature and flames.

Frate

Smash Journeyman
Sonic: runs from Amy on a consistent basis
Who WOULDN'T run from Amy.

I think that Ike would completely dominate anyone.
Who cares if Snake has hi-tech gear?
I'm sure Ike could take every single blow, and WALK up to Snake, chopping his head off in a solid one-handed swing.

Ike is a beast.
And blue hair is unique AND cool.
Ike doesn't have much muscle on him, but it's pure PWNsomeness that allows him to do all of these things....with skinny arms.

And why would Ike waste his time on these losers?
Captain Falcon can run fast and drive fast, but all that really says is that he can do an effective hit-and-run.
Snake can shoot the crap out of anyone AND sneak up on people, but Ike just walks up there and kills whatever he wants.
It's called Max Level power, and it comes from his wicked hair.
...But he fights for his friends.

Also mario and luigi are only semi-manly. They eat magic mushrooms which makes them grow and then pick up stars that make everything flash in pretty colors. Really natural.

INEVITABLE PROOF THAT FALCON IS MANLY
' Frate says (21:37):
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/Pivus/untitled-2.png
* Smile ஐ Life is what happens when you've lost sight of it. has left the conversation.
* VDZ has left the conversation.
* ~Єяỉc~ Λρρяεηtỉcε ỉη thε dαяҝ αяt σғ C++ ! has left the conversation.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf is immortal, built like old-school Arnold Schwartzeneger, wears black armor, has a sword made out of light, and can shoot purple fire out of his hands. Nobody in Brawl can touch that.

Ike isn't necessarily all muscle, but that in no way means he's weak. Some people have an inate ability to be immensely strong without having a lot of muscle mass; such people might be called "wiry" or "sinewy"; small enough in build to still be agile, but packed with strength nonetheless.

Samus is actually a very manly character, despite being a woman. *points to instruction manual for original game* Even the developers thought it was male for a while.

Captain Falcon...brass nipples, ascot, skintight clothes, pink color available, strange accent, paranoia, up-B **** on a predominately male cast of characters...the only things I see going for Falgot here are decent musculature and flames.
You and I think alike, except about Cfalcon. Sure he's afraid people are gonna kill him, but, well, he's Captain falcon.

And about the accent. Many people in brawl have accents.

Wolf seems German becuz he says WARUM.

Falco has a brooklyn accent.

Mario has a (really bad) Italian accent.

The point is many people have accents

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Samus is the manliest in the game. She goes places and does things that no man would ever dare to.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

this is the true power of falcon punch.

Also Ike has muscles in radiant dawn and he is in his 20s. Also he was MADE a noble but resigned it. He fought a GODDESS and WON. He can also use axes! He COMMANDS an army combining every country on the continent. His sword is blessed by a goddess. He also has fought dragons.

Also Ike is the only character to be able to do 999% damage in one hit. (item required though) A countered soccer ball hit by warlock punch will do 999%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCyBm7SK_Rg

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Ganondorf is an old man, right? I think that any character over the age of 60 should take a hit on their tier position for every additional year after that...
Losing your manliness with age only counts for some people.
In Actuality Ganondorf's increases as he ages.

Think of it like this

You start to lose "manliness" because your body is degrading as you get older.
However for Ganondorf, his body does not degrade, so it can only get better.
Ganondorf will continue to strengthen in physique and "manliness"

Ganondorf losing to link is supposed to be link winning barely.
Don't buy into Ganondorf being inferior because miyamoto can't represent his own characters because he fears of making games to difficult or detracting from a casual market.

Anyone who denies Ganondorf for top tier, is a pansexual, there is no argument, if you deny it you are a pansexual and will probably be an outcast for the rest of your life.

PS: **** I doubleposted >.>

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
ok you need to add that snake is sterile and move him a few spaces down so people stop going leaving a mine and running away is manly.

This isn't a general clone thing as far as I know but it is a big boss clone thing. All the snakes were made to be like that so they couldn't be cloned them selves and or have babies the military didn't want anybodys hands on them so they were designed to die fast on not breed. It's implied that snake is sterile trough out all the games and in MGS4 it's proves it according to my friend. (I need to borrow his ps3)

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
Luigi should be higher.

He is REDICULOUSLY scared of ghosts, yet despite that still fought through a MANSION FULL OF THEM to save his dearest brother, WHO TREATS HIM LIKE CRAP ANYWAY!

I say that's extremely manly. Plus we all know Luigi is a ladie's man.

Top Bottom