• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
laugh sorry if anyone has gone over this just a little to lazy to go back and read atm

but how is their a way for me to practice my lcancels when someone is shielding?
b/c the timing of when someone is shielding throws me way off and just figure their might be a way to practice this on my own?

voorhese

Smash Master
laugh sorry if anyone has gone over this just a little to lazy to go back and read atm

but how is their a way for me to practice my lcancels when someone is shielding?
b/c the timing of when someone is shielding throws me way off and just figure their might be a way to practice this on my own?
i either practice on a player (just a plugged in controller) on handicap of me at 1, and them at 9 with .5 damage ratio

or use the mario in a box glitch on jungle japes, and just dair shine him into the invisible wall/ceiling

as for my question i dont know i can fall through the platform faster after a laser, i will check the video, but i thought that was not right after an attack kind of platform falls idk ill brb

voorhese

Smash Master
lol, i will be back in a sec, gonna try laser -> isai drop -> laser,

if you know the fastest way off hand to do a laser -> platform drop -> laser

let me now thx

edit: well so far i laser faster by shl -> hold foreward as a land -> drop -> laser

i think this is the isai drop

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
its like land -> foreward -> drop

idk if foreward is walk, or dash, but i just tap foreward then down
Should it literally be "tapped", and then let go and tapped downwards? Or can it be rolled?

it's a dash, just watch that vid I posted a couple posts back
I watched it, but I forgot to click the link in the description. Now I know. =) Thanks.

voorhese

Smash Master
uh, im mostly successful when im facing to the right, i sh laser, ->, down,->, b (all are released right after pressing i dont think the 2nd -> is necessary, but i just do it any way

edit: actually idk if i press an extra right or not, this is one of the only things that i cant do while looking at my controller (cuz i just learned it), so i cant tell you, i dont think it will hurt if you do or dont so whatever

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
jump out of your sheild but shine cancel the jump so you dont become airborne

AXE 09

Smash Master
so i've been thinking about something lately

in the 2 matches that i've faught mangos falco with pikachu, in 1 of the matches, i had him off the edge, and every time he did his up b, i would do an F-tilt, making him have to up b again

against every other falco i've faught, i could literally keep them off the edge for like ever, just staying by the edge and doing an f-tilt, but mango did something different

once he got hit by the f-tilt, since it has so little knockback, what it LOOKED like he did was smash DI upwards, then airdodge upwards and towards the stage. i was like WTF i didn't expect that at all

so today i was thinking about it... have you ever done your forward-b (trying to recover back onto the stage) strait into marth, and he did a jab, making you fall a bit and be forced to use your up b? well i was wondering, can you do the same thing mango did to me, and smash DI the jab upwards and airdodge back onto the stage? i really want to try it against someone, but i haven't gotten the chance to yet

also, i was thinking some more, and... can you smash DI the jab upwards, and just forward-b a second time and still make it?

i guess i should be asking this to mango directly since this is his thread lol. so mango... what do you think?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master

in the 2 matches that i've faught mangos falco with pikachu, in 1 of the matches, i had him off the edge, and every time he did his up b, i would do an F-tilt, making him have to up b again

against every other falco i've faught, i could literally keep them off the edge for like ever, just staying by the edge and doing an f-tilt, but mango did something different

once he got hit by the f-tilt, since it has so little knockback, what it LOOKED like he did was smash DI upwards, then airdodge upwards and towards the stage. i was like WTF i didn't expect that at all

so today i was thinking about it... have you ever done your forward-b (trying to recover back onto the stage) strait into marth, and he did a jab, making you fall a bit and be forced to use your up b? well i was wondering, can you do the same thing mango did to me, and smash DI the jab upwards and airdodge back onto the stage? i really want to try it against someone, but i haven't gotten the chance to yet

also, i was thinking some more, and... can you smash DI the jab upwards, and just forward-b a second time and still make it?

i guess i should be asking this to mango directly since this is his thread lol. so mango... what do you think?
Unless your name is Mango, I think that's too hard to pull off consistently. It's easier to do vs Pika than Marth, but against Marth, I think even with SDI and an airdodge upwards, you could still pass the edge and die sometimes. It seems safer to just try and pull off an up B into an auto-sweetspot into the edge, or above Marth.

AXE 09

Smash Master
i dunno, it doesn't seem like it'd be TOO hard to time correctly. if you do your forward b directly towards marth, you can pretty much time when he's gonna jab you. i'd imagine that if you can do it against pika while under the stage, you can do it against marth while a little bit above the stage. i'm gonna try to test it out today against my friend

PB&J

Smash Hero
in my sig

we call it the colbol shine..he does it all the time and we dont get it..ithink m2k cc , but thats my guess

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
i dunno, it doesn't seem like it'd be TOO hard to time correctly. if you do your forward b directly towards marth, you can pretty much time when he's gonna jab you. i'd imagine that if you can do it against pika while under the stage, you can do it against marth while a little bit above the stage. i'm gonna try to test it out today against my friend
When Eggm used to play Falco he did this pretty consistently against me. Im unsure if you can do it with Fox but its possible with Falco def.

But me and Eggm havent played in a really long time but Ill search through oyur matches and see if I can find a vid of him doing it

Edit-I asked eggm and he said it only works if they jab really close to them. If marth hits you with the tip then youll be too far away.

TresChikon

Smash Lord

You'd SDI into the stage and walltech then airdodge. It's much easier with Falco since his walljump is so beast.

You could do it with anyone on any hit (except for Fox's dair) with any char but it's gonna take some crazy reaction time for Marth's jab. But a tilt or a smash is definitely doable.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord

AXE 09

Smash Master
You'd SDI into the stage and walltech then airdodge. It's much easier with Falco since his walljump is so beast.

You could do it with anyone on any hit (except for Fox's dair) with any char but it's gonna take some crazy reaction time for Marth's jab. But a tilt or a smash is definitely doable.
i'm talking about a move that has so little knockback that you can't tech it, for instance... pikachu's jab

i think you can tech marth's jab if you're at like a really really high percent, but i was talking about at a lower percent if he tries to gimp you or something. i was thinking of a situation like...

marth grabs you at 0% and down throws you backwards so you're off the edge. he knows that you're gonna double jump backwards and forward b, so he's just gonna jab, and think that it's gonna force you to firebird. BUT instead, you know that he's going to jab you, so you smash DI the jab upwards then air dodge back onto the stage, then marth will be like WTF mindgames

the two examples that heartbreak kid showed were kind of what i was thinking, but it didn't look like he tried to SDI. that first example though was pretty much exactly what i was thinking, only with SDI

AXE 09

Smash Master
i wanted to try it on my friend, but sadly his marth's a little weird, and every time i did a forward b strait into him, he'd just block it -_-

so i never got the chance to try it lol. i'm going to a tourney next saturday, so i guess i'll try it in a friendly or something :p

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Make sure you post back with what the results Axe. it sounds like something that could be really useful.

Mango tell me how to fight Fox with Falco. He keeps knocking me down and ****** me. When he jumps at me should I jump back and laser? shield? roll? When I'm pillaring should I always be doing for dair shine and then nair into something else? I need to learn to mix it up I guess. : (

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Make sure you post back with what the results Axe. it sounds like something that could be really useful.

Mango tell me how to fight Fox with Falco. He keeps knocking me down and ****** me. When he jumps at me should I jump back and laser? shield? roll? When I'm pillaring should I always be doing for dair shine and then nair into something else? I need to learn to mix it up I guess. : (
One thing that's really important in this matchup is to avoid grabs. So I guess just try and laser camp him all day. If you get grabbed, and you happen to miss the DI, the Fox will probably upsmash, and then you can tech out of that if you don't try and tech the upthrow...but he'll try and grab you again if you do tech. so tl;dr, don't get grabbed lol.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord

Never get grabbed. Only go in when you have the pressure advantage. Adjust your spacing with lasers when he runs in to account for him powershielding it. Tech his shines so he doesn't get any lame follow-ups like thunders combos. If he comes in high, you can shield and angle it up REALLY high and JC shine out to start comboing before he can do anything (I think, I'm not completely positive on this as I have not looked at the frame data to back this up). SDI his drills to not get grabbed.

When pillaring mix it up like Mango does, and use his nair trap to bait grabs into f smash. Also, if he is coming in high, you can WD back f smash Marth style to tie/beat his aerials.

I tend to ban FD as your combos aren't as long, and a single grab from Fox leads to death.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
so i saw mango get downthrow>downsmashed by dashiawia on pokestadium in that vid fro mgenesis.

i dunno if we should be taking advice from this guy :D

PB&J

Smash Hero
dont understand y mango doesnt , but i use both an dhe should start using c stick..seems to be working for him so maybe he shouldnt...lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
so i saw mango get downthrow>downsmashed by dashiawia on pokestadium in that vid fro mgenesis.

i dunno if we should be taking advice from this guy :D
LMAO sometimes the most nubbish combos work on the best players haha. not too sure if i understand it :p

pretty excited for the tourney on saturday.

i know wobbles is gonna be there.... i wouldn't say that i have TROUBLE with ice climbers, but it's wobbles and he's like... really good lol. so is there anything in particular that i should be doing against IC's with falco?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i dont know the match up very well either, but i know dthrow is probably the best throw to use. nana doesnt tech so abuse smashes and gimp her.

Top Bottom