• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manchu has appeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n88

Smash Lord
@IndigoFenix

What about Lucario (Lucas x Mario)? or Shelda/Zeik?

But, yes this is the best Smash character ever. 'Nuff Said

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Once I start getting feedback on his moveset, I'll probably work with Eldiran some more to update him and fix him up.
Well if I may be of help here...

Most "competitive" gameplay will revolve around how easily he sets up Jab Locks. There's no need for QAL, just USmash, then Dial A. After establishing some control over it, you can then proceed to carry your opponent across the stage and make them your ***** with an USmash spike for their death.

Manchu is missing out on a lot of power, however. He lost the best projectile in the game and the kills that go with it, as well as pretty much anything Ganondorf kills with except for F-Smash. Players not aware of the moveset (such as my lab rat casual brawler college buddies) are wondering "which one's the kill move?" I myself can't kill with much else than FSmash, UThrow, Nair, and Side B, and my old habits with QAC aren't quite as compatible with the new moveset as I'd like.

A good character is one that will make you WANT to use all of their moves, regardless of the weirdness value they have.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Jab locks? They dont exist in B+ and Eldiran added extra wind down to Usmash to make sure Jab locks aren't auto.

As for the rest of your input, thanks. I might try adding some more KBG to Nair, and giving Side B an overall damage boost (maybe 1-4% for uncharged and 2-6 for charged%). Down B needs to be buffed, and Dsmash was never given the proper KBG. I used to kill at 70, but now it doesnt kill at all. Usmash cant kill. Fsmash works fine. Dair is actually amazing off stage and has hitboxes at the feet and head for special situations. Uair is a meh move as is Utilt. Ftilt probably needs a lower angle or more KBG/BKB. Dtilt is good as it as well. Neutral B is simply mindgaming and recovery-ery. I'm guessing that Dair would be a good move out of QAC, and Side B simply for trickies, especially if it gets a damage boost.

V:

I dont want to give him TOO much power though because he's got a beastly recovery as it is, and I'm sure there are plenty of tactics he has that I cant even imagine.

MaxThunder

PM Support
FINALLY!!!! ... i finally got to try it... aparently accidentally tripping and hitting my wii whith a wooden sword fixed whatever issue i've been having... but anyways... manchu is AWESOME!! i find down b to work really good on opponents recovering low... and down tilt is awesome too=)... but just a question... do you have any tips or tricks or something i might want to know if i wanted to do something similar?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
At low to mid percents, hit people with the foot of Dtilt to pop them up and then IASA into grab. A few frames after the hitbox comes out, you can IASA out of Dtilt into anything, so DTILT > IASA Grab is an easy 16-22% based on what through you use.

IASA on Usmash is also amazing because it makes for easy jab resets.

Usmash > IASA Jab > Grab. THat makes for an easy 22-31% damage.

ANd if you use Dthrow for both situations, you can follow up with an unpunishable Nair for an extra 11%. :3

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Ah, B+. That explains a lot of things. I kind of uninstalled B+ after getting bored of it. I for one don't like the increased hitstun. :l

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey Muhznit, were you using the B+ version of Pikaman or the NonB+ version? I want to make sure Manchu doesn't have any infinites.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ah, B+. That explains a lot of things. I kind of uninstalled B+ after getting bored of it. I for one don't like the increased hitstun. :l
Adding this quote to my list for possible future use.

On Pikaman. I wish I was able to give more in depth criticism. However, he sits on my SD card with a bunch of broken characters and the only person I can reach easily to play against is my little brother.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Hey Muhznit, were you using the B+ version of Pikaman or the NonB+ version? I want to make sure Manchu doesn't have any infinites.
Regular Brawl. UpSmash leads to a looooot of shenanigans. Right now however, I'm messing with my own Pikachu moveset hack. I'll play with Longchu again on the next update.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Regular Brawl. UpSmash leads to a looooot of shenanigans. Right now however, I'm messing with my own Pikachu moveset hack. I'll play with Longchu again on the next update.
Alright. I'll be sure to look into it, though I haven't been yet able to shenanigan with it as well as you described.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Sigged.

And lol how do you hit your Wii with a wooden sword?
pick up a wooden sword, start walking, fail to notice the... uh... wire... thingy... from the keyboard to... the thing that makes sound louder... basically thats it...

but back to what i was trying to say... is there any possibility that i can make a manchu-ish character out of something else?... like... kirby and bowser...? or.. something else that wouldnt look ********?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It's funny and an interesting idea in principle, but the character itself is.... eh...
This was my feeling after the play testing. He's funny don't get me wrong but the laugh wears off after 4-5 rounds and after that I felt him to just be boring to play. It was kinda like Ganondorf but without any of the cool and then a few pikachu moves in there to throw ya off. It is certainly the most hilarious PSA character but I found a lot more enjoyment out of Roy and Geno then Manchu.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...but I found a lot more enjoyment out of Roy and Geno then Manchu.
You should type up some feedback for Geno. Or both Genos, but either way, we've just put up new sets for both.

Also, are you guys gonna do anything with Manchu's SideB? It's incredibly awkward and kinda "Meh," honestly.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
pick up a wooden sword, start walking, fail to notice the... uh... wire... thingy... from the keyboard to... the thing that makes sound louder... basically thats it...

but back to what i was trying to say... is there any possibility that i can make a manchu-ish character out of something else?... like... kirby and bowser...? or.. something else that wouldnt look ********?
I could think of a number of moveset swaps that look reasonably sensible. Like I said before, this will open up a whole new use for PSA. If you've got the Fit(character)Motion files, you can make an instant move swap by just changing the name of the character to the one that you're making the moveset for and putting it in the folder. Manchu is only the beginning - we now have access to several hundred new characters to make movesets for!

Here's a link to get you started:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHxpnBGaJAE&feature=player_embedded

Eldiran

Smash Lord
If the animations seem awkward or bizarre, then we've succeeded. I could choose more sensible animations for most of the attacks, but then it wouldn't be Pikaman(chu).

I'm going to look into making the Final Smash work. (I assume right now it just crashes.)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I could think of a number of moveset swaps that look reasonably sensible. Like I said before, this will open up a whole new use for PSA. If you've got the Fit(character)Motion files, you can make an instant move swap by just changing the name of the character to the one that you're making the moveset for and putting it in the folder. Manchu is only the beginning - we now have access to several hundred new characters to make movesets for!

I demand someone do Wolfachu. NOW! He is too epic to not be created.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
hey guys, with the help of this awesome hack and a certain texture, a monster was born...

MaxThunder

PM Support

thanks=)... but i cant seem to do what i wanted to do... first i tried kirbowser... but i cant find his fitkoopamotionetc.pac thingy... then i tried a kirbkey kong... but he died...(whith "died" i mean frose when loading....)

It hasn't been tested... but I don't see why not. (If you use the FitGanonMotionEtc method at least)

The worst I'd expect would be wonky sound effects. But, I could be terribly wrong, quite possibly.
of course it works... or else i would have no way to do it=)... just an anoying lack of most sounds...

Edit: gonna start working on Captain Falcario now... somebode please do peach/kirby

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, I seem to have found a minor glitch in Manchu. If, at certain times, you hit an opponent out of Manchu's hands (and don't hit Manchu also) while he is Dthrow-ing, then Manchu will freeze until hit.

I'm looking into a fix for this, but for now, simply let it be known that Dthrow is a risky move in a free-for-all (not that it wasn't already).

AerialAce!

Smash Rookie
If swapping the FitGanonMotionEtc.pac in gives it Ganon's moveset, and giving it a new FitPikachu.pac gives it the custom moveset, and giving it a new FitPikachu00.pac gives it new model/texture data, would it be possible to switch ALL of these with a different character's data and swap Pikachu for someone else entirely?

More importantly, since we can alter the character select screen to let us choose Alloys, could this be done for, say, Yellow Alloy to replace his files with Marth's and the Roy moveset .pac so we can have both Marth AND Roy selectable at one time?

I have no experience with this sort of thing myself--I just use what other people make, but the idea struck me out of the blue and now my curiosity has taken over.

EDIT: I stumbled across the Primid thread just now, but based on my quick skimming over the thread they just replaced individual move animations from the Red Alloy with Primid's, rather than swapping for another character's Fit___MotionEtc.pac entirely, so I guess the question still stands...?

HiveMynd

Smash Rookie
Ummm...sorry to be a noob, but where can I find this FitGanonMotionEtc.pac file that I'll need? (I'm not making my own GCT) Also, does anyone know where to find the pedochu texture? KCMM doesn't seem to have it.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Ummm...sorry to be a noob, but where can I find this FitGanonMotionEtc.pac file that I'll need? (I'm not making my own GCT) Also, does anyone know where to find the pedochu texture? KCMM doesn't seem to have it.
Stack Smash has the Pedochu texture.

HiveMynd

Smash Rookie
Thanks Stuff2o! However, I still have a problem. It mentioned in the beginning that if you were averse to making your own GCT, just take the FitGanonMotionEtc.pac file and rename it FitPikachuMotionEtc.pac. I don't know how or where to get ahold of this file...can anyone help? The rest is simple enough, I have a basic grasp of the concept. Please redirect me to the proper thread if there is one to help. I DO need it to make Manchu work, right? (Oh, this is in vBrawl by the way, sorry for not clearing that up.) Because right now it just looks like regular pikachu, but Up+B is glitched and sends pikachu up and away forever.

EDIT: Found the files, but just checking. I do need it to make Manchu work in vBrawl?

Doragon Shinzui

Smash Rookie
Ah, good old Manchu...
I always called it Pikaman after a comic I saw on it, but I think I like your name better.
Regardless, Manchu is an absolute comedic terror and will destroy everything.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm not dissing Manchu in general, but isn't this just copying and pasting Eldiran's work? Sorry if I'm wrong, but I believe he made a Manchu months ago. Unless this is balancing it better, in which case I congratulate you on making Manchu an official balanced character (or as balanced as any character is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom