• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man it's quiet in here

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ok, well, here's 2 videos from a recent 2 man smashfest. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtU9bE9UhQU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEkcGuF-AyI

Witness my super ability to avoid wavedashing out of shield, my knowledge of how to get grabbed, and just me getting obliterated by ridiculous KOs. XD

__
I'm so bad. I was supposed to upload some more vids for jx. I still have 70 from this batch, and i have 144 from the last batch; but im not plannin on doin it cause im tooooo lazy.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol, I play both. I just miss other people playing melee >_<

@boss8: nie stuff. you should have picked on nana more, though ;)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
@boss8: nie stuff. you should have picked on nana more, though ;)
focusing on nana is generally what gets you killed.

You dont really need to worry about her that much unless you keep getting the **** grab outta you (which boss didnt)

or you're playing a tourney with wobbling.

. . . .
Wobbling; melee's attempt at MvC2. HEH, HEH, HEHEH! MAGNETIC TEMPEST. *waves hands around* Playtime is over.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
well, it was that there were 2 cases in the vid where simply nairing would have made her unable to recover, but instead he went and approached the separated Popo.

I agree that focusing on nana is bad, but when the opportunity presents itself, I'd have taken it >_>

I would probably lose though, so meh...

heh, first post as smash lord...in the doc section w00t

HiIH

Smash Lord
Dogy said:
I'm so bad. I was supposed to upload some more vids for jx. I still have 70 from this batch, and i have 144 from the last batch; but im not plannin on doin it cause im tooooo lazy.
Yeah I was taking some off of a tape today, and putting them on my computer.

I have a big batch of vids I'll have to eventually upload.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^uploaded yet? huh, huh?

I have like 47 vids, but most are 2v2s, and I'm not even playing in most of the others >_>

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
if it aint doc, nobody cares!

and Reaper, you gotta play Persona 3. My friend was over here playin it. It's pretty kool, but the game likes to randomly drop hip hop lyrics and rap beats for no reason.

HiIH

Smash Lord
...Well what I have to say to that is...

LIAR, YOU'RE TELLING LIES!

even though Doc does kinda blow kickass <.<

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Jx31, wanna explain that. I mean, I know he isn't a great character, but I've seen no evidence that he's gay.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
if it aint doc, nobody cares!

and Reaper, you gotta play Persona 3. My friend was over here playin it. It's pretty kool, but the game likes to randomly drop hip hop lyrics and rap beats for no reason.

I really want to(if only for the whole "Shoot yourself in the head for power" thing) but my PS2 died like a year ago so now all I have is a gamec....errrr i mean Wii.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario is 9th in the tier ranking system, throws pills of who knows what at people, and has one of the few moves in the game that nearly rivals the shine's speed; Doc does not blow (Maybe his range does but not the Doc himself).

*I must really miss the Doc to keep on posting here...*

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Wait... the few moves in the game that nearly rivals the shine's speed? You mean like the jab? Everyone's jab comes out in two frames... except the sword users and Bowser. But who cares about Bowser? A lot of sex kicks (maybe all of them, I can't be bothered to check) come out in three frames. Rest also comes out in one frame.

So I'm not sure why it's a big deal that stuff rivals the shine's speed.

The thing that bugs me most about Doc is that his recovery sucks. And the fact that his fair is really not that great as an approach and his nair decides to be a rebel and not act like anyone else's nair. His fsmash is also really disappointing when you're used to Marth's.

Caping shields is funny though.

otg

Smash Master
Dr. Mario is 9th in the tier ranking system, throws pills of who knows what at people, and has one of the few moves in the game that nearly rivals the shine's speed; Doc does not blow (Maybe his range does but not the Doc himself).

*I must really miss the Doc to keep on posting here...*
You forgot his evil gimping ability and fun aerial game. Doc is definitely a contender amongst the Top Tiers/High tiers, but in my experience does his best against Falco, Falcon, and even Ice Climbers (Fair/dsmash spam ftw), while having a much harder matchups vs. Fox, Marth and Sheik. Doc vs. Marth IMO is a soft counter and not nearly as terrible as phanna's matchup chart might lead you to believe, go fight a smart/gay Sheik player and than we'll talk about hard fights.

Wait... the few moves in the game that nearly rivals the shine's speed? You mean like the jab? Everyone's jab comes out in two frames... except the sword users and Bowser. But who cares about Bowser? A lot of sex kicks (maybe all of them, I can't be bothered to check) come out in three frames. Rest also comes out in one frame.

So I'm not sure why it's a big deal that stuff rivals the shine's speed.

The thing that bugs me most about Doc is that his recovery sucks. And the fact that his fair is really not that great as an approach and his nair decides to be a rebel and not act like anyone else's nair. His fsmash is also really disappointing when you're used to Marth's.

Caping shields is funny though.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the 'Up B cancel' which comes out in 1 or 2 frames, although it's incredibly situational and in reality has very little use in actual combat seeing as how you can't really follow up from it.

Doc's recovery while easily gimped also happens to be a very annoying one to deal with when done properly. The tornado, cape and pills all assist Doc while recovering and allow him to stall and be offensive at the same time. Count the fact that Doc has Brawl's sweetspot range for his Up B, and you have a character that might mislead you in his recovering ability.

Seems your a Marth main, well of course you'll be discouraged by Doc's lack of range in comparison to MARTH. The Fair can be used as an approach as long as you space it and Lcancel perfectly to avoid a potential shield grab (Fair->dsmash against shields), and his Nair is AWESOME! It's so misleading, has good priority and is one of Doc's most useful approaches. Finally, instead of using Fsmash with Doc (cause Marth mains have bad habits when it comes to using Fsmash), try Dsmash instead. Longer reach, hits infront and behind you, and has tons of KO potential. Fsmash is more situational and should be used mostly to finish Uair combos and for tech chasing.

I'm done ranting now.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
um, yeah, doc's upB in general is what they were talking about, though upB cancel is wicked useful--> you can also combo out of it if you do the one where you end up refacing the way you were before (on heavier chars)

Also, you are forgetting his d-air, which has good priority, knocks them up for a grab, jab, d-smash, or even f-smash...

And his CG on like the entire cast except the really light ones

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Gimp implies low percentage. There is no low percentage for Jigglypuff =P

But trying to edgeguard her with Doc is kinda risky. Pound lasts forever and a day and if you get clipped then she can bair you until you die.

otg

Smash Master
True it's very risky, but my friend can be noobish sometimes and sets himself up for stupid deaths. Although Fsmash ***** Jiggly at low percents, I've found using Usmash the most efficient way of getting kills in. She's dead around 85-90% on most stages except for probably Dreamland, and you can pull it out randomly out of a dash dance, spotdodge or anything really. Just can't spam it though.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Fighting Jigglypuff on the horizontal never seems to me like a good idea though. At least the usmash lets you get under her.

Seriously, have you seen the hitbox on Jigglypuff's bair? Holy sheyit, son. That thing is like... Marth's fair!

otg

Smash Master
Fighting Jigglypuff on the horizontal never seems to me like a good idea though. At least the usmash lets you get under her.

Seriously, have you seen the hitbox on Jigglypuff's bair? Holy sheyit, son. That thing is like... Marth's fair!
Agreed, fighting underneath Jiggly is a lot less risky than pretty much anywhere else. Yes I can pivot, but I don't like throwing out Fsmash a lot because of it's lagginess/lack of range. Atleast when you dash-cancel the Upsmash you have a moving hitbox, and it kills her at reasonable percents.

Any mistake you make against Jiggly will result in a rest or wall of pain, neither Doc can afford.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
or, you could beat jiggs the same way doc has always beaten jiggs.

Brawl tactics.

Walk off, spam pills, walk off, do it some more.

That's what ima start callin stuff like that from now on. Brawl tactics.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, every time anyone uses Din's Fire at all, they get reminded that we're not playing Brawl.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Brawl?

Ahem.

DOOSH DOOSH.

That is all.
First off, it's Douche Douche, cause that's what you feel like when you get hit with that ******** *** f.tilt.

And second, snake is sadly fun. There is nothing more comical than shieldsticking people instead of shieldgrabbing.

Top Bottom