• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man it's quiet in here

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I hear ya, Yomi-no-Kuni. I'm in the same boat as you, except my Melee tech skills have managed to stay intact. Can't think of anything I could do before that I couldn't now...yet. I haven't had a lot of time to play any games lately.

I have a sister who plays Brawl and Melee (not often though), and she enjoys both. She enjoys Melee more (I think), and when we do play, we end up spending 2-3 hours on it. ^_^ She doesn't use AT's like wavedash and shffl's, but she does use minor AT's that are easy to learn like ledgehops and edge hogs. She plays mainly Sheik and Jiggs (occasionally Marth), and I play Fox and a few other characters. I still think she's a formidable opponent (By far the best; everyone else just suck and have high egos), guess that means I suck? (she doesn't use hardly any AT's) It's been getting easier to combo her though. Guess we feed off each other. XD

As for Brawl, I consider myself pretty bad at it. Regardless of my skill, I get bored of it quicker. Half-an-hour to an hour is generally how long I can play it before getting tired of it, whereas I can play Melee (with a friend) all day. I still haven't unlocked everything in Brawl yet. XP
The above wall of text should've been posted yesterday (stupid internet connection). Almonds...they're alright, but I prefer not having them in chocolate.

Hih, does Aurashade still haunt the Melee Link forums? Wow, we already have 4 pages going.
BTW, I'm (half) interested in reading Kirby's Match-up guide. It'd be interesting to see things from a Kirby's perspective.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
haha :D
i can play melee or brawl all day, no matter with who, it just often happens that my opponent gets frustrated and angry -.- sucks ....
or i get bored because i win mot matches...
i know it sounds arrogant, but the ppl i usualy play with are worse than me, only the ones at tournaments or samshfests are better so i dont get to play them as often :) (or as long)

also one of my crewmembers hates playing against doc because he says he´s gay...
(just to saty focused on doc ... xD)
i think its mostly because you cant combo doc :D

HiIH

Smash Lord
PR said:
I've never had chocolate covered pecans.

I don't want Brawl to go away, I just want it to not suck.
I agree. Not about the chocolate covered pecans, they're delicious, but pecans are best when rolled in cinnamon.

Also, there's no doc there. How am I supposed to spam suppositories- I mean pills as a second. Peanuts from diddy don't go there!

4 aces said:
Hih, does Aurashade still haunt the Melee Link forums? Wow, we already have 4 pages going.
No, the necessary evil trollish person has moved on to the brawl forums. For now anyways.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Yeah, shine comboes weren't as potent on Doc (and let's not forget Luigi and Marth). :( Yeah, it definitely sucks when my friends get bored or angry cuz they're losing or that we've been playing it for like an hour and a half.

It's a bummer when your friends aren't as interested in something as you. Like Melee and AT's, I can't really talk to them about it cuz they don't know/care. One time, during a match, I was explaining why Fourside was banned in tournaments: Fox and his infinite wallshine (I was doing a very poor demonstration of it - it's hard to do during a match). He then goes "Eh, good players can get out of it." <_< He didn't get what I was saying, which was a bummer, but w/e.

Is Aurashade still being a troll? :psycho:

HiIH

Smash Lord
No, see you make them care. Everytime you punish them for not L canceling, you rub salt in the wound by saying, "This wouldn't happen if you could L cancel."

It's also encouraged against missed techs.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
No, see you make them care. Everytime you punish them for not L canceling, you rub salt in the wound by saying, "This wouldn't happen if you could L cancel."

It's also encouraged against missed techs.
this would actually be a pretty good idea...

but on second thought....
i think sometime around saying it between 10 and 50 time you will have something in your face...
might be a falcon punch if your friend is an ssbm fanatic, but if he´s a normal human, it´ll just be a fist... or maybe a chocolate covered almond? xD

4 Aces

Smash Ace
lol @ chocolate covered almond.
My friends don't even come over anymore, but that is a good idea minus the Falcon PWNch/fist/chocolate covered almond. Cursed...online...BRAWL! If only Melee had that function and the replay data function. Even if it wouldn't be saved, at least make it viewable (like some racing games i.e. Ridge Racers 64) I heard you can play Melee online, but you'd have to do all of this extra stuff first. >:(

Skler

Smash Master
I'm glad all my friends appreciate that Melee is a superior game. Brawl is fun and all, but it just isn't deep enough (yet). If Brawl got good I'd be happy, but chances are it won't.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I'm glad all my friends appreciate that Melee is a superior game. Brawl is fun and all, but it just isn't deep enough (yet). If Brawl got good I'd be happy, but chances are it won't.
Yeah, all my friends still prefer Melee over Brawl, even the ones who DON'T play competitively realize its a better game. Also, this thread is now about Waddle Dee:

Edit: Doctor Mario.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
sadly i do not know what almonds are, otherwise i´d be able to take part in this thrilling conversation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almonds

They blow, that's what they are. XD

Poor doc players...LOL
Ya know what's funny.

There are alot of things i dont like in brawl (now dont get that confused with me saying that it's a bad game, like some people like to try to cram down my throat)

But the one thing that brawl has done to me is made it kinda painful to play doc in melee.

I keep trying to tell myself that short hop double u.air doesnt exist in melee, then im like "Then why would i play this highly educated plumber?" and i start playing all my other characters. XD

Skler

Smash Master
I say we start The Resistance. The Resistance shall bring Melee back to the center of the tournament scene!

Edit: Doctor Mario went to college

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i think until then there will be somemore ppl. who somehow got it (download/from US/japan) so there migth already be a little tourney scene

xD

HiIH

Smash Lord
Yomi said:
this would actually be a pretty good idea...

but on second thought....
i think sometime around saying it between 10 and 50 time you will have something in your face...
might be a falcon punch if your friend is an ssbm fanatic, but if he´s a normal human, it´ll just be a fist... or maybe a chocolate covered almond? xD
Well see, the second part to this strategy is to either be able to

A.Run
B.punch them back hard enough to discourage it
or
C.Pull off being a ******* enough where they just get mad

<.<;

Also, let's follow Skler's plan by all moving to Europe.

Also also, I hear doc sells "enhancement" pills.

HiIH

Smash Lord
I dunno, the melee boards were pretty active today.

Also, I'm repainting my controller tomorrow. Doing a green with a triforce in place of the Gamecube logo, but should I do a doc theme on the back?

This is immensely important, obv obv.

Skler

Smash Master
It's 3 pages for me. If I set post per page to max then when one idiot makes a HUGE *** character it ruins tons of posts. This way it only ruins 30!

Edit: Doctor Mario has a cape.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
there are enough videos of this with shorts :D
and hell yeah ^^ exactly my thoughts when i saw this :D

that guy can WD almost as good as Doc :)

also: page 6 for ppl like me who have standard settings ^^

HiIH

Smash Lord
Eh I have to keep it at ten a page because of my horrible dial up. Smashboards are slow enough without loading 25-50 posts at a time.

Also, I got me a spare decent controller today for about 7 bucks, so instead of making a Link/Doc themed one, I'm going to make a doc themed one, white with pills, and then a Link one.

......also, Octopussy.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Meh, its mostly the pants >_> If you try and do that with shorts on it doesn't look nearly as awesome.

Also, to keep this smash related: OMG, WAVEDASHING IN REAL LIFE.
Not only that but the combination of wawedash and moonwalking in real life!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Top Bottom