• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man it's quiet in here

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'd figure of all the boards in melee, doc would be one of the 2 that still had some activity going.

Doc and Roy.

But man, where'd everybody go? XD

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Whole Melee discussion area is pretty much dead now... maybe things will change after time passes and ppl have unlocked ewerything in Brawl, we´ll see.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
It's so funny.
I have Brawl, but i dont have a wii, so i borrow my roomates wii. And I just play brawl and im like :(

Then I go play other games to practice stuff (GG:AC, CvS2, etc etc)

Then im like "Lemme play melee"

So ill start playing melee, and then like, 5 minutes later i remember to l-cancel, and im like "YAY IM ATTACK SHIELDS!!"

... then i wavedash.

And well. I just start wavedashing every where. Its too fun.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
New topic methinks? Well, brawl may not have all these vaious techniques but it's still really god imo. It's just not melee (not neccessarily a bad thing).

Sandwich- you didn't reply to my pm. Can I have your MSN?

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I'm equally surprised at how dead it is here; Melee in general seems pretty neglected though its understandable as brawl's just come out and it's a whole lot of fun. I was discussing it with some of my crewmates, the like sof whom bought brawl somewhat illegally when it came out in japan and get it shipped to them from Hong Kong. These guys have been playing the game for a -while- and tell me that while Brawl is like unbelievably fun, it becomes unappealing in a few months because you realize that you reach a certain threshold, and due to a lack of advanced techniques you can't go much further. I don't know if everyone else feels this way, but if it is the case people might start returning to melee as time goes on.
Don't forget, though, that things like this can completely destroy a competitive gaming community, like what happened with Soul Calibur 2 when Soul Calibur 3 came out and was so imbalanced everyone just got fed up and stopped playing the games entirely. ..At the very least I hope that doesn't happen here. Brawl is -more- balanced than melee as far as I've seen, but it seems alot less competitive and alot less.. fancy.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
New topic methinks? Well, brawl may not have all these vaious techniques but it's still really god imo. It's just not melee (not neccessarily a bad thing).

Sandwich- you didn't reply to my pm. Can I have your MSN?
I did answer your pm. >.>

As for MSN, no you cant have my msn, cause it doenst exist. Try speaking to me in AIM! Cause it's AMERICAN! and AMERICAN! is the only language i understand.

... yes that was a blatent abridged joke. >.>

Don't forget, though, that things like this can completely destroy a competitive gaming community, like what happened with Soul Calibur 2 when Soul Calibur 3 came out and was so imbalanced everyone just got fed up and stopped playing the games entirely. ..At the very least I hope that doesn't happen here. Brawl is -more- balanced than melee as far as I've seen, but it seems alot less competitive and alot less.. fancy.
Soul Cal 3's balance is not that great, but the game was perfectly fine until Variable Cancelling was discovered , and now, Soul Cal 3 tournies are run under the rule of "No Gamebreaking VCs"

... XD "I'm gunna Zero to Death you while you stay stuck in ******** lookin stun animations."

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Yeah, Melee died down a bit when Brawl was released. Jeez, I feel like I totally suck at the game. XD (Brawl, I mean)

Personally, I prefer Melee's rapid-ness and fancy/flashy-ness over Brawl's...fun-ness?
Brawl is still a great game, but it's gonna be hard to let go of Melee. I doubt I ever will. Like today, my sister and I played Brawl for like 20 minutes, then we switched to Melee for about 1-2 hours. What I wish Melee had that Brawl has is the replay function. We've always wanted to record and watch ourselves, but we don't have a camera.

Lol, In Brawl, it totally sucks, when your friend turns off all items except for Smash Balls and Assist Trophies - and they're better at getting them than you are. It's even gimpier than shinespikes (well, maybe not XD).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
sounds like you need to pick up a fun cancelling character.

Maybe you're lucky and your friend mains somebody who can get infinite chaingrabbed by DDD?

XD

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
pffft, you think the Doc boards are bad? Try the Kirby/Pichu boards, those were dead a month before Brawl even came out >_>

To anyone who wants to not suck at Brawl, just do this:

Pick Toon Link
Run away
Spam projectiles
Shield when someone gets too close
Shield grab -> Throw
Run away
????????
Profit

Seriously, just spam and run away, only 2 characters out speed you and neither of them can deal with the spam.

Now then, Im off to finish my Kirby guide that NO ONE WILL EVER SEE!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I wish doc would become beastly.

But sadly, melee will fall into the same category of MvC2. People will play it for years, and nothing will change.

D.R.

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Melee died down a bit when Brawl was released. Jeez, I feel like I totally suck at the game. XD (Brawl, I mean)

Personally, I prefer Melee's rapid-ness and fancy/flashy-ness over Brawl's...fun-ness?

Same here lol

HiIH

Smash Lord
Hi Doc boards.

Brawl is kind of ok... but I'm tired of it suddenly being the only acceptable game.

I can play brawl for about an hour or two and be kind of meh. I can play melee all day.

With people of course.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Yeah, I feel the same way. It's kinda hard to play all day against only cpu's and training mode "sandbags" isn't it? lawl

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I dunno.

After going to Final Round XI last week, and seeing a bunch of fighting games live (i've been kinda big into fighters for years), i've kinda ramped up on GG:AC lately.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Haven't played any of em, but heard alot about em.

Lack of high speed has got me down though.

How was Final round? Wish I coulda gone = \

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Final Round was amazing, the end.

Most of the games there were amazing. Most of the finals were amazing.

Jwong was at the finals table for just about every game, as in you could literally count on 1 hand the games he DIDNT make final table at. It's not scary how good the guy is, he's an amazing game player from new york. What is scary is how good he is at small games like KoF98 and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

But, of all the stuff there to watch. MvC2 was by far the most boring game. Final table consistant of 8 people playing either MSP, Mag,Storm,Capcom, and ONE guy who played Mag,Storm,Cyclops (which is still a godtier team, just the LOWER END of the top tier assists. XD)

Coming in second for most boring is Brawl. Oh my god watching brawl was like pulling teeth.

And then above that was sadly Tekken. I have new found respect for Tekken because of Final Round. I still hate the game with a passion; but atleast it's got variety.

___

But like, the GG:AC finals, and the 3s finals. GG:AC community >>>> Smash community when it comes to hypeness.

And then the Tekken community reigns surpeme, because of n*ggas from the hood reppin their city. >.> Oh my god that junk was kinda scary. XD

___

But yeah.

Final Round was amazing, the end.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Coming in second for most boring is Brawl. Oh my god watching brawl was like pulling teeth.
Brawl's future is promising....
Wait, this IS one-on-one, right? I've heard of tournaments where the final rounds were free-for-alls. Those tournaments were held by Gamestop and the like though.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Final Round is all business, I hear. It's actually trying to be a torunament instead of just wanting to sell copies.

It was in Atlanta.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Atlanta?! Georgia?! <.<
Hardly anything happens in Georgia...right?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
except final round, which is every year
i think this is the year it got "big" though, cause justin wong went this year

they had the info for FRXI up for about half a year.

And FR staff was making talks of putting up info for FRXII in the next month or so.

HiIH

Smash Lord
I will be making long term plans to go this year. Maybe by that time Brawl won't be like pulling teeth.

Even if it is, I bet FR will still be sweet to watch at least.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
omg
i have have neglected doc :(

can u forgive me?

wow ... i havent looked in here for months O.o

i remember me opening a thread like this once :(

but brawl is awesome sadly... i know its slow, and it doesnt have loads of ATs, but its still alot of fun and very challenging
just to name some techniques, there is hydroplaning (superwavedash with squirtle) Quick attack cancel with pikachu and all kinds of sick movement stuff ...

its just as good as melee too me, but sadly melee and brawl just DONT WORK!

they are basicly the same game, with the same operating style... now try to play sheik in brawl and after playing that for a while go ahead and play sheik in melee... you´ll be ****ed...

it really sucks because i want to play both, but i cant seem to get the hang of it... at home i play brawl with my brother who doesnt play melee well, so its boring for him (and me) so i get better at brawl and get worse at melee, eventhough I dont wanna :( :( :(

and because i´m having trouble even keeping my sheik skills i havent been playing any doc lately :(

and i have no idea why i even typed all this xD

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Are there even mods on the Melee character specifics anymore? I mean, if this thread stopped being about Doc(like it did a while ago) and became about how delicious chocolate covered almonds are, would there be anyone to stop it?

HiIH

Smash Lord
Probably not.

In the Link boards I know we tried to get a topic stickied for like three months, and then just kind of gave up. Instead every thread is just filled with, "Go to the Link help topic."

On the other hand, Chocolate covered almonds are delicious, but I'm kind of partial to pecans myself.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
almonds sind mandeln,die zum essen, nicht die im hals, das sind tonsil.

Yeah,it is quietin here. Hopefully this will not become the next SSB64 forum.

Top Bottom