• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mallow: Frog Prince from the Beyond the Clouds

Mallow in Super Smash Bros?

• Total voters

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
What I think is cool about Mallow is that, despite the strength and volume of the Geno fanbase, I doubt any of us would feel cheated if somehow Mallow got in instead. Geno gets the spotlight because of the cool points, and because his story arc beats keep up pretty much all throughout the game...But at the end of the day, Geno’s support is a vessel of support for the game as a whole, so I think this fanbase would lose their minds even if someone like Belome became playable.

Of course, I was a Mallow fan before I became a Geno fan, so I might be biased on that point.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I always had a soft spot for Mallow honestly. The guy had a really sweet character arc in SMRPG, and his design is super appealing. Not to mention his really cool moveset potential with all of different timed hit attacks and special moves to pull from.

Do I want Mallow in Smash Ultimate? Absolutely, he’d be awesome. Do I expect it? Ehhh, not really. I’m pretty sure Geno’s the frontrunner for a SMRPG rep at this point. Mallow could always be apart of Geno’s moveset anyways (Not tag team stuff like Ice Climbers, I mean like Mallow could assist with grabs, a special or two, and a final smash).

I agree with B bardbowman though, any SMRPG character getting in Smash would be awesome, and if it was Mallow I would be just as happy as I would for a character like Geno, Smithy, Boshi, or even somebody bizarre like Chained Kong.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Cacomallow was nonsense tosh and Geno was the one that got costumed. Put him in, let it burn.

Last edited:

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
Mallow is the better smrpg pick for smash IMO since he represents the game better as he is more significant in it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know you all are probably sick of seeing me pop in but I do want to mention this is the Mallow thread and not a Geno thread. We do understand that people are frustrated and angry and, personally, I feel that’s justified. I do intend to keep this thread to remain open as much as possible and will be fighting to ensure it stays open. With that in mind, please do not make this into a pseudo-replacement Geno thread since doing so could see it being temporarily locked. I hope all the best for everyone and please direct any concerns to the staff. I’m also available through PMs if you want you discuss things with me personally.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know you all are probably sick of seeing me pop in but I do want to mention this is the Mallow thread and not a Geno thread. We do understand that people are frustrated and angry and, personally, I feel that’s justified. I do intend to keep this thread to remain open as much as possible and will be fighting to ensure it stays open. With that in mind, please do not make this into a pseudo-replacement Geno thread since doing so could see it being temporarily locked. I hope all the best for everyone and please direct any concerns to the staff. I’m also available through PMs if you when you discuss things with me personally.
The Super Mario RPG community is the smartest I know and they would never derail another thread with talk of a character who has, unfortunately, lost all viability.

Nothing here but pure Mallow support. I like the part where he cries and makes it rain, one of the finest potential taunts in the world. I eagerly anticipate seeing this little puffball prince making his way the status of king.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As I've mentioned before in my moveset list, it'd be cool see the renders of Mallow's armor upgrades (thick pants, royal pants, etc) finally be in a game proper as his alts.

(Heck doing so with Mario, Bowser, and Peach's SMRPG armors in some form would be great too, but that's another matter).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As I've mentioned before in my moveset list, it'd be cool see the renders of Mallow's armor upgrades (thick pants, royal pants, etc) finally be in a game proper as his alts.

(Heck doing so with Mario, Bowser, and Peach's SMRPG armors in some form would be great too, but that's another matter).
Well, Sephiroth illustrates that they're willing to make minor cosmetic changes to characters once a DLC character gets added, so who knows. Maybe Mallow's warm and fuzzy pants will bring Bowser the legendary "that guy" Fire Shell.

D

Deleted member

Put this funny marshmallow man in Smash
After Christmas I'm gonna finally play SMRPG and see what he's all about
He has a really cool moveset, probably one of the most unique potential newcomers in Smash history. Stretchy arms magic monk is his archetype, which is to say, he has no archetype. Absolutely incomparable. He can hit you with a stick, break in half, summon a lightning bolt and a snowman, and even take care of his pals with his HP Rain.

Most importantly he has a down B counter in Psychopath, where he literally reads the opponent's mind.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Hmm, people seemed to like the trivia stuff I did in the other thread, so I might as well continue it here! I’m gonna keep it related to Mallow for the time being, since general SMRPG info could possibly derail the thread.

Mallow’s belt is weird. In official artwork for SMRPG and his in game sprites, Mallow’s belt is usually colored as reddish-brown. Simple enough right?
B4BBFE86-0F36-4F10-B978-881B3B1BBEE6.jpeg
Well apparently not according to official merchandise of the character. For some reason, on the Mallow keychain figure, his belt was colored bright red.
66662652-1E34-4886-A469-7FD36BF45A15.png
And on the Mallow plush toy his belt was colored completely black.
B7C5EB2D-9290-4B50-8556-CFDF1BB3D1EC.jpeg
It’s so bizarrely inconsistent and for seemingly no reason. If Mallow were to get into Smash, I sincerely hope they color his belt correctly...

8AE2F9F0-9803-48F4-8438-23AC4DD07106.jpeg

Last edited:

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm guessing this is the new Geno thread? Not sure how this is gonna play out.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm guessing this is the new Geno thread? Not sure how this is gonna play out.
Geno? Who dat?

Cacogeno is half-real...We’re just waiting on the other half to show up.

In the meantime, can we talk about Mallow’s incredibly unique fighting style?If he was a Pokémon, he’d be a combo of Psychic, Lightning, Ice...Fairy?...Bug??...Music???

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Something I am thinking about is what exactly is the music track most associated with Mallow? While the obvious one is Nimbus Land, I have to admit both Mushroom Way and Bandit's Way both feel like they could work for him as well.

Last edited:

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
Something I am thinking about is what exactly is the music track most associated with Mallow? While the obvious one is Nimbus Land, I have to admit both Mushroom Way and Bandit's Way both feel like they could work for him as well.
For some reason, Let’s go Down the Wine River has always been a Mallow song for me as well.

In fact, I wouldn’t be mad if Midas River was the stage Mallow came with.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
For some reason, Let’s go Down the Wine River has always been a Mallow song for me as well.

In fact, I wouldn’t be mad if Midas River was the stage Mallow came with.
That could make for an interesting reward mechanic of the fighter that gets the most gold or frog coins gets a boost to their defense or offense; essentially a sly reference to Bracers and Energizers from the shop in Tadpole Pond.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
What would Mallow's voice be like, if they were to give him lines? I always imagined a kind of childlike, Tara Strong type of voice.

D

Deleted member

What would Mallow's voice be like, if they were to give him lines? I always imagined a kind of childlike, Tara Strong type of voice.
I always read his lines in the voice of Luna the cat from Sailor Moon.

Top Bottom