• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mallow: Frog Prince from the Beyond the Clouds

Mallow in Super Smash Bros?

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think most people used other characters by the end of smrpg. But that doesn't stop him from being iconic in his own way.
Probably mostly just popular by extension. sometimes that's enough, but I think Geno needs to get in first, maybe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
20180902_222333.jpg

Mallow hit puberty and became best friends with Coldsteel the edgehog

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I'm hoping that Mallow gets announced with Geno but that probably won't happen, so I think an assist trophy is the best position for him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mallow spirit was found

That means smash has the rights to the likeness of Mallow

That's one step closer to being a playable fighter!

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
As much as I love Mallow, I can't see him being playable any time soon. If Geno gets in, Mallow probably has a good chance of being an Assist Trophy, but playable? Maybe in Smash 7, lmao.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
spirits_0_mallow.png
Mallow.gif

Mallow's Ultimate rip compared to the artwork we've had

All the spirits are shaded really dark for some reason

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could totally constitute a playable character or assist; I really see no reason he should be a tag team with Geno, and that would be bad to have them stuck like that.

Don't forget all of his weapons.

God, just seeing that render in a new game brought a smile to my face.
I don't think it's that bad.

To play as Squirtle I have to be stuck with Ivysaur and Charizard but he can still function pretty good without a down B

Dan

Smash Lord
I don't think it's that bad.

To play as Squirtle I have to be stuck with Ivysaur and Charizard but he can still function pretty good without a down B
Is that really what people mean? All this time I thought they were talking about an Ice Climbers thing.

There's still no reason they should have to share a slot; that would be like Tails and Knuckles stuck together for no reason.

D

Deleted member

It would be amazing to have both Geno and Mallow as playable characters :) I think Mallow will be a Mii costume at least, maybe him coming as a bonus fighter along with Geno if we are lucky

D

Deleted member

I would welcome any kind of SMRPG content in Smash.

While many people tend to hope mostly for Geno joining the roster, myself included a tiny bit, I do also feel fine with the idea of Mallow also getting in.

If Mallow doesn’t get in, then at least we may hopefully see him alongside Geno in a future Mario project involving Square (a potential sequel for Mario Sports Mix or something inspired by that title, for example).

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I would welcome any kind of SMRPG content in Smash.

While many people tend to hope mostly for Geno joining the roster, myself included a tiny bit, I do also feel fine with the idea of Mallow also getting in.

If Mallow doesn’t get in, then at least we may hopefully see him alongside Geno in a future Mario project involving Square (a potential sequel for Mario Sports Mix or something inspired by that title, for example).
I love Geno and Mallow, both of them, with all of my heart. Seeing Mallow instead of Geno is A-OK with me. I'd still be ecstatic.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Put me down as a Mallow supporter. I find that people who actually PLAY Mario RPG vastly prefer this character

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Why? Is it the whining, crying, cymbals or Froggie Stick?
It's the character development.

Mallow's character goes on a journey.
Mallow as a character in a narrative sense is more dynamic by the proxy of the journey improving himself through discovery and confidence building.

Geno is mostly stagnant character wise ending the game very much the same as he starts it.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I cant believe I haven't popped in here yet. I guess it's because I've always just wanted Geno in Smash more than Mallow because I felt that the kind of playstyle Geno would bring is exactly what I'm looking for, but now thinking about it more I think Mallow would also bring a lot to the table that I would enjoy. I'm gonna slide Mallow into my workload for Smash movesets maybe after I finish writing up the one I'm making for Sirfetch'd lol and get some of them typed up. I imagine Mallow having similar stats to Lucas.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It's the character development.

Mallow's character goes on a journey.
Mallow as a character in a narrative sense is more dynamic by the proxy of the journey improving himself through discovery and confidence building.

Geno is mostly stagnant character wise ending the game very much the same as he starts it.
To add onto this, Mallow comes of as a way more inexperienced character than Geno. It makes more sense for Mallow to have the self-discovery arch compared to him. Geno is fully aware of everything going on and has some of the most important responsibilities in the entire universe, there isn't any need for that kind of plot line for Geno. This doesn't take away from either, both are some of the more interesting Mario characters in the history of the franchise. But I think it is easy to see why there are some people who might like a character like Mallow just as much if not more than Geno.

If I had to give you my take, I prefer Geno a lot more but I don't think someone saying they like Mallow more than Geno is ever wrong.

Dan

Smash Lord
What if Sakurai put Mallow in instead of Geno to **** with the fans? I don't even think I could be mad, especially if Geno got a Mii costume again. I would honestly be thrilled if Mallow and Geno got the Sans model treatment in the form of Gunner/Brawler.

Unbelievable.

People talk so much **** about Mallow and Geno cause they're old and only have one appearance, but don't realize they have crazy moveset potential.

To add onto this, Mallow comes of as a way more inexperienced character than Geno. It makes more sense for Mallow to have the self-discovery arch compared to him. Geno is fully aware of everything going on and has some of the most important responsibilities in the entire universe, there isn't any need for that kind of plot line for Geno. This doesn't take away from either, both are some of the more interesting Mario characters in the history of the franchise. But I think it is easy to see why there are some people who might like a character like Mallow just as much if not more than Geno.

If I had to give you my take, I prefer Geno a lot more but I don't think someone saying they like Mallow more than Geno is ever wrong.
They're both amazing characters, and if they are never used by Nintendo again that will be a sin.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, if the leak is real, how do you guys feel about the Mallow hat?

Dan

Smash Lord
Wish he got the Sans treatment, or at least something that could make you feel as if you're vaguely playing as him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice how popular the name "Mallow" is in Nintendo?

Malo from Zelda
Mallo from Pushmo
Mallow from Mario RPG
Mallow from Pokemon

Oddball

Smash Lord
Mark me down as one of those people that feels Mallow is superior to Geno in every way. I think he'd be fairly unique and a lot of fun to play as.

QQS

Smash Lord
I love Mallow also. I’m pretty sure he is coming in some form, maybe as an Assist or Costume. Or more likely maybe as part of Geno’s final smash (like Mega Man summoning his friends Proto Man & Bass). I’m not saying Mallow is less than Geno, in fact I like Mallow a lot. But if I’m honest, I think 100% Geno is becoming playable as fighter #76 or #77; and Mallow will be with him somehow. I’m just saying that Geno was more important to the plot and that’s why if Sakurai have to choose one, if without a doubt Geno. Essentially SMRPG is Geno’s story.

Anyway, if Mallow ends up becoming playable also, I would have a heart attack and couldn’t believe such perfection: both Geno & Mallow playable after 24 years. It would be like living in a parallel world where all dreams come true.

After all, I would be always grateful of whatever happening that implies a revival of SMRPG into Ultimate.

#GenoForSmash
#MallowForSmash

A big 1990 fan from Chile!

072CE5A1-1720-4879-804C-8B344F486CC2.jpeg

(Credits to the artist). :)

Dan

Smash Lord
Mallow is as legit deserving as Geno; Geno just gets the love because people prefer mystique over crybabies. :laugh:

I would love to see Mallow get the Sans/Cuphead treatment as a Swordfighter with his Froggie Stick, but I feel like the most he would ever get is a hat or basic costume; Geno is definitely more likely to get the Sans treatment than Mallow.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I would love to see Mallow get the Sans/Cuphead treatment as a Swordfighter with his Froggie Stick, but I feel like the most he would ever get is a hat or basic costume; Geno is definitely more likely to get the Sans treatment than Mallow.
Given Mallow's proportions, I don't see how you could make a full mii costume out of the guy.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I want Mallow to make an appearance in Smash Bros as much as I want Geno. I prefer Geno in terms of a fighter, but I am rooting to see Mallow make a return just as much. Even if both have to die to becoming Mii Costumes, I am okay with that. they are both great characters.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, would people be okay with a Mallow/Geno team-up fighting done in the Ice Climber's style?

Dan

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, would people be okay with a Mallow/Geno team-up fighting done in the Ice Climber's style?
No, I don't get why people suggest this as it hardly makes sense.

QQS

Smash Lord
Let’s pray for Mallow also, he is going to celebrate his 24° birthday on March 9 beside his old blue-wooden-puppet friend Geno!

Top Bottom