• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mallow: Frog Prince from the Beyond the Clouds

Mallow in Super Smash Bros?

• Total voters

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I've been thinking about potential bosses from Mario RPG that would work as hypothetical assist trophies, and I think the Axem Rangers would probably be ideal. Not only could you have any one of them get randomly selected for activation, but there could even be a very small chance of the Breaker Beam being the main attack as opposed to one by an individual Ranger.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
BEB4BF27-0D4C-4FB8-8D37-7501EFC411F7.gif

Happy New Year everyone, and thank you all for making 2020 suck just a little less. The SMRPG community did some amazing stuff this year despite all of the obstacles in our way, and I hope we can continue to carry that momentum into next year. Wishing you all the best for 2021!

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I wanna wish our fellow Genobros and Mallowbros a happy new year!
2020 definitely sucked and I unfortunately doubt 2021 will be any better, (and 2020 was also the year where we got our final deconfirmation), but I hope this new year brings a lot more good out of the year then anything 2020 brought, and as unlikely as it is, let's all hope we can see the return of Geno and the world of SMRPG sometime soon! (After all, 2021 does mark the 25th anniversary of SMRPG afterall so who knows).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wanna wish our fellow Genobros and Mallowbros a happy new year!
2020 definitely sucked and I unfortunately doubt 2021 will be any better, (and 2020 was also the year where we got our final deconfirmation), but I hope this new year brings a lot more good out of the year then anything 2020 brought, and as unlikely as it is, let's all hope we can see the return of Geno and the world of SMRPG sometime soon! (After all, 2021 does mark the 25th anniversary of SMRPG afterall so who knows).
Hopefully in 2021 we get a HUGE plot twist shoved up our *** and Geno get's in as a fighter and breaks all of our expectations. I'm not giving up until Sakurai sings.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I posted this in the Crash thread, but I thought I might as well post this here too. This post lists down a few notable milestones this year and guess what game made it to the list!

(Also, I'm old).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
the shock the internet would have if Mallow gets in, but not Geno.
It. could. happen.
Also, I wonder why most of the geno thread didn´t jump over here.
Mod post stating this won't be a second Geno thread.

And not all support Mallow as playable, so understandably many didn't migrate here.

Nothing too odd.

And yeah, it would be odd to have Mallow before Geno, but it's hardly impossible. It'd depend Sakurai/Nintendo/Square-Enix overall with multiple variables. So like generally any 3rd party, really.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I also suspect many in the former thread aren't terribly thrilled about it being locked (among other decisions) and would rather get some distance away from speculation that's Mario RPG adjacent than continue with it. Some just feel burned by the whole thing and its understandable for them that soldiering on in the Mallow thread as if nothing happened is less preferable than just moving on from the scene entirely.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I also suspect many in the former thread aren't terribly thrilled about it being locked (among other decisions) and would rather get some distance away from speculation that's Mario RPG adjacent than continue with it. Some just feel burned by the whole thing and its understandable for them that soldiering on in the Mallow thread as if nothing happened is less preferable than just moving on from the scene entirely.
Actually, a lot of the guys who use to hang out in the Geno thread went to the Star Road Discord.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Can I have a link?
I don't have one. I did get a invite though and you might have to ask for one to get in. I would ask Malo Mart Malo Mart about getting a invite. He'll glady give you one. Plank08 Plank08 was the one that give me my invite. I don't know if he runs the Star Road Discord or not because I haven't decided if I'll join yet since I have never done Discord.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I don't have one. I did get a invite though and you might have to ask for one to get in. I would ask Malo Mart Malo Mart about getting a invite. He'll glady give you one. Plank08 Plank08 was the one that give me my invite. I don't know if he runs the Star Road Discord or not because I haven't decided if I'll join yet since I have never done Discord.
Thanks!!!

pennylessz

Smash Cadet
If anyone here still needs an invite to the Discord, please DM me. I don't use this site anymore because of what happened, but I check back on occasion to see whether the mods decided to correct their egregious error.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It wouldn't be that odd.

Mallow is a much more interesting character anyway.
Both Mallow and Geno are interesting I would say. But I somewhat would agree to disagree as other characters from the same franchise have gotten in before some of the most wanted characters from the same franchise like Wolf getting in before Krystal, Ike, Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Chrom, and Byleth getting in before Lyn, ect. But in terms of SMRPG's case, I think they would go with Geno as if it wasn't for Geno's popularity within the Smash community they probably wouldn't look at a SMRPG rep as a potential candidate in the first place.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so my two cents on the SMRPG remake rumor is that, if it follows the precedent set by SM3DWDX and SMAS3D, it's real, but we don't know when it'll be announced, exactly. Vanilla SMRPG is still a no-show on the most recent consoles, and Mario 35 is going to end in a little over two months.

That being said, if Mallow doesn't get in, his issue would be the exact same as Geno; a co-owned character that is tricky to negotiate for, considering that after all this time only two IPs involving Square-Enix had their creations involved as playable. Even if Mario is a pretty safe property to add a new character from.

As for Lyn, I severely doubt they'll go back for her unless a remake of Blazing Blade is given priority over everything else.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Okay, so my two cents on the SMRPG remake rumor is that, if it follows the precedent set by SM3DWDX and SMAS3D, it's real, but we don't know when it'll be announced, exactly. Vanilla SMRPG is still a no-show on the most recent consoles, and Mario 35 is going to end in a little over two months.

That being said, if Mallow doesn't get in, his issue would be the exact same as Geno; a co-owned character that is tricky to negotiate for, considering that after all this time only two IPs involving Square-Enix had their creations involved as playable. Even if Mario is a pretty safe property to add a new character from.

As for Lyn, I severely doubt they'll go back for her unless a remake of Blazing Blade is given priority over everything else.
how do we know it's real?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For what it's worth, I've seen people doubt the existence of 3D World DX and All-Stars 3D, despite both having been said to be floating out there by insiders, and lo and behold, both came up.

It's a matter of time before whether we see if it's three for three. One thing for sure is that it would be released alongside the original.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The SMRPG remake is either a Super Mario 3D All-Stars situation or a Star Fox Grand Prix situation. If the letter, it's not true.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Have anyone come up with alts for Mallow?

Default - Pants
1611249735448.png
1611249879871.png

Alt 1 - Thick Pants
1611249910721.png

Alt 2 - Mega Pants
1611250021009.png

Alt 3 - Happy Pants
1611250044430.png

Alt 4 - Sailor Pants
1611250067922.png

Alt 5 - Fuzzy Pants
1611250093794.png

Alt 6 - Fire Pants
1611250117056.png

Alt 7 - Prince Pants
1611250138471.png

Maybe someone with Photoshop skills can make them?

Top Bottom