• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 8: -TOP 50 POSTED-

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
And once again I manage to hit 6th Place. Give it up for Darth Meanie, who's definitely NOT a Top 5 movesetter!

Anyways, this was a pretty good top 50 overall, and I honestly did better than I expected to. It would have been nice to have gotten Wallachia on as well, but those are the breaks, I guess.

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
Eh, didn't place this time. First time that's happened, but then again, changes were made to how things were before, and it's clear that maybe my style isn't really palatable to all people.

But still, I hope to improve with my entries in MYM9. I don't see this as bad or anything, but rather as a challenge for improvement, and I'm always ready for a challenge.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Eh, didn't place this time. First time that's happened, but then again, changes were made to how things were before, and it's clear that maybe my style isn't really palatable to all people.

But still, I hope to improve with my entries in MYM9. I don't see this as bad or anything, but rather as a challenge for improvement, and I'm always ready for a challenge.
Apparently, Ryoko Kano was tied for 53rd place. Just keep on trying and improving, and eventually you'll make it! :bee:

Junahu

Smash Ace
oh ho ho? The Top50 is posted? That is a surprise. I'm sure some of the leaders were chomping at the bit to get this out.
Everyone, be sure to thank MarthTrinity, for his invaluable role as "Vote Guru" this time. Without him, we wouldn't have this list, or any list for that matter.
Also, thank the rest of the leaders; MasterWarlord, SmashDaddy, BKupa666, DarthMeanie... and ME :bee:

Oh, and thanks yourselves too. You did vote after all.

So now we come to the sleepy lull while MYM switches hands, and some tedious administrative duties are carried out.
Unless some sneaky business has been occuring behind the scenes, MYM9 will be spearheaded by yours truly (which means it'll suck. :c). Hopefully I won't betray anyone's trust, and we can get through yet another MYM contest unscathed.

By the way, one of the things we're hoping to achieve next MYM, is a greater level of discussion, chit-chat and debate. Rather than let it all clog up the thread and detract from the shiny new sets, we hope to encourage MYMers (new and old) to use the MYM Social Board. Right now, there is merely a humble thread where you can register feedback and make suggestions for MYM. But, just like any forum, anyone can create a thread in the social board, to address or discuss whatever MYMing thing they want.
So, before anyone forgets, be sure to add that Social Group to your favourites. And if you haven't done so yet, go ahead and favourite the Stadium, and the MYM Chat too.

2 .Nurse Joy [Junahu]
Ah, the 2nd Moveset of MYM8, came in 2nd on the Top50. I am content.

32. MegaMan10 Proto Man [Junahu]
:awesome: MM9:Megaman sheds a single tear.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
MYM8 - The Top 50​

4. Octillery [JOE!]

10. Weezing [SmashDaddy]
I'm glad to see that Octillery placed in the Top 5. How hasn't Joe won "Most Improved MYMer" yet? If I had voted, he would have at least tied for 1st place. Sorry, man!

13. Skeleton ["Axx o Nn"]

39. Colonel Sanders [john!]

45. Ventus [TWILTHERO]​
... What? Skeleton and Colonel Sanders beat out VENTUS?! And Sazandora didn't even place?! (HORROR)

But still, this was a great MYM. I got to really get to know most of you guys, I definitely made some friends (even if I probably pissed off some others), and I learned a lot about set-making. Here's to an even better MYM9!

cutter

Smash Champion
The Colonel was actually a pretty awesome moveset. I voted for him with a good amount of confidence.

I'm glad I even made the top 50 to begin with Jace. I'm hoping to crack the top 10 with Thanos in MYM 9. Gotta set my goals high :).

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Woo, thanks for all the people who voted for my movesets! Even though there are some less than deserving sets up there
coughoctillerymr.potatoheadcough
, congrats to all winners!

n88

Smash Lord
Ah, hooray, Top 50 is up! *late*

Thanks to everybody who voted for Kamek, Haunter, and Torkoal! :bee: Great to see that I got a few sets on there, and Kamek cracking Top 10 is nice to see. A big step up from MYM7 (for me, at least), and here's hoping for an even better MYM9!

:093:

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
This looks interesting... I mean the idea of making your own movesets. I might make one some time and submit it in the next MYM. When is the next one? And also, are you allowed to use original characters? Or only existing characters?

Katapultar

Smash Lord
This looks interesting... I mean the idea of making your own movesets. I might make one some time and submit it in the next MYM. When is the next one? And also, are you allowed to use original characters? Or only existing characters?
Make Your Move allows you to make a moveset for generally anything you want in any way you like, regardless of whether it is a Original Character or existing character. It is awesome that way. I don't know when the next MYM competition is, but it will probably be on pretty soon.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
We've had a moveset for a candy bar, feel free to do whatever you want. :laugh:

Junahu

Smash Ace
Haha, I'm proud of my candy bar set.

¬_¬ Anyway, I hope some of the other MYM leaders can see this post, as something expectantly disastrous happened with my laptop. I'll certainly be back in action in time for me to open MYM9, and hopefully within the next few hours.
In the meantime, fellow leaders, please continue decision making in my absence. And please check on the Social Board, in case anyone has been making suggestions in the past 24 hours. Thanks bunches

Edit: already back, no need to panic and fret anymore 9_9

...oh wow. I found a PC with Kat's old PNG viewing problem

Agi

Smash Lord
Seems like I've found another set to, ahem, "flesh out" my MYM 9 plans. None too obvious, but there you go.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Well, wow. Its been 2 years since I joined this mess of a community. There've been ups and downs but its been fun. Etc etc etc boring speech. I have Skype, so if anyone were to PM me a number I might call someone eventually (oh please answer Im so bored.). Anyway Im gonna still be MYMing, although I might be seen less due to being less in teh chat, unless we get an official move to Skype. Im all for that, although its possible that I might do that less. I know Im not top priority, but it's nice to socialize live and stuff.

Stay gold, MYM.
-GW:cool:

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Well, Just a few updates:

Two face is dead. I just...couldnt finish it. GG has evolved (somehow) into Harry Potter. Bowsers Minions & Hannibal Lecter are in the Early stages (PM for Joints on Lecter...hes gonna be a ***** to make). Sam Fisher is a maybe, but still not completely sure what to do with him.

3 MORE sets I have planned (oh im going to burn out so badly) are:
1: Charmander(random number Generator pokeset)
2:The Cat in the Hat
3: Iron Man

Aside from that...there WILL be more...spur-of-the moment 1-4 day sets definetly, just to fill in for the time in between major sets. Dont worry, Ill still try to make those as great as possible!
Its going to be one hell of an MYM!

Junahu

Smash Ace
Not a full (or good) moveset, but something I had lieing around

Paper Bowser
What kind of MYM doesn't have a Bowser set? A cruddy MYM! That's what!

You know him as the big bad King of the Koopas, the only thing vaster than his strength is his
girth. He's bigger than a house and tubbier than a washtub. It's been his literal downfall on more
than one occasion. So what happens when you turn Bowser into a 2 dimensional cardboard
cutout of himself? Awesomeness happens, of course! Even timed hits can't save you this time, Mario!

STATS!oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO
Size: HUUUUGE!
Speed: S L O W !
Jump: TINY!
Weight: LIGHT!?
Fallspeed: LOW!?
KO Power: MEDIUM!?
What on earth!? Lightweight!? Floaty!?
MEDIUM KOing POWER!?
Paper Bowser is made of paper, what
else would he be? A Heavyweight? As
ferocious as he may be in the cutout
world of Paper Mario, this Lightweight
Antagonist is pretty much a fish out of
water in the 3-D world of Brawl

Oh well, time to do what Bowser does best; lie, cheat, steal.. and breath fire

SPECIALS!oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO
Breath Fire!: Neutral B
Breath out a stream of molten hatred in the form of burning embers.
No self respecting King can call himself such without the ability to project flames from his mouth.
The great King of the Koopas, squats down, mouth agape and begins breathing a conical stream of cartoon fire. Paper Bowser really puts in his all this time, and the flames do a stellar job of repelling foes to a more manageable distance. To put it bluntly, "Paper" Bowser blows (fire) better than the real thing!

But, and there always is a but, Paper Bowser has a terrible secret... he's made of PAPER!
If you try to hold the flames out for longer than 0.5 seconds, Paper Bowser's inflammable curse comes to haunt him. Do you smell something burning? It's you! You're on fire! Run! Roll! Put out the flames before they reduce you to cinders! Ok, maybe that was an exaggeration, you won't die from being on fire, but you do take a monstrous 5% damage every second until you douse it somehow. Water is a good idea, but that comes with its own problems, so stick to rolling.

Still, there are a couple of benefits to catching alight. For one, Paper Bowser will now deal flinching contact damage to the foe, multiple hits that can be tricky to get out of if Bowser correctly predicts the foe's movements. These flames also provide a rudementary shield against some of the weaker projectiles, swatting them out of existance before they can become a problem. Among the various things it can stop, are Fox's, Falco's, Wolf's and Rob's laserbeams (The intense heat acts as a form of light distortion that breaks apart the high density frequencies of the lasers) Peach's Turnips too, and the wooden Boomerangs that Link/Toon Link throw.

The other advantage of burning alive, is that Paper Bowser billows out copious amounts of smoke as he fries. The smoke is acrid and black, obfuscating anything inside the clammy ash from view. It's hard to see things in smoke, it seems, and if you leave Paper Bowser burning a while, it'll become hard to see... well.. anything. Not only does the smoke expand, but Paper produces more of it, the longer it burns. Even once you put out the fire, Paper Bowser will continue to smolder for a short time, keeping the smoke nice and thick for him to hide in.
Paper Bowser (on fire) produces enough smoke to comfortably hide behind, in 2 seconds, and enough to cover the entirety of New Pork City in 10 seconds. And speaking of 10 seconds, that's how long the smoke lasts before is disperses enough for the foe to see where you are. If you think of it that way, 10% damage up front to hide yourself for 10 seconds is a pretty sweet deal. But don't you dare abuse it, Bowser is supposed to be big and mean! Only hide in smoke so the foe won't know where you'll spring from.

Now that puny Mario brother won't know where to look, gwahahaha!

PS:- Any fire/explosion attack can cause Paper Bowser to ignite. But if the attack deals less than 7% damage, Paper Bowser would need to be hit twice in a single second for the flames to stick.

Fortress Spin!: Upward B
Ducking into his pointed shell, Bowser spins around and around like a whirling fortress. Decent horizontal recovery really.
If you're a true Bowser, you need to spin around in your shell. It's the law. You've got a little bit more vertical lift as Paper Bowser, owing to your threadbare weight. You can even rise up when using this on the ground, by mashing B a bunch. Awesome.
Sadly though, Paper Bowser has as much physical presence as a piece of paper. He's completely flat, so spinning around is much like spinning a floppy coin, it looks silly and it doesn't hurt. It is hard to hit Paper Bowser as he spins though, most of the move has the properties of a dodge.

So what happens if you hit the foe? Well, imagine your favourite silent comedian getting caught in a revolving door. They spin around and around, unable to escape, before getting flung unceremoniously away with weak, and static, horizontal knockback.
But, just like in comedy, when Bowser finally stops spinning, the foe is left on the wrong side of the "revolving door". Now they're in the background, as if in a permenant state of spot-dodging. While not particularly inconvenienced, foes in the background cannot attack anything in the foreground, and vice versa. In order to return to the fight proper, the foe needs to perform a spotdodge or airdodge, and that's when Paper Bowser can capitalise on their moment of weakness!
And what better way to annoy the foe than to use Fortress Spin again to throw them right back into the background? Combined with smoke from his Breath Fire attack, Paper Bowser can really throw the foe offguard, making them question whether they can attack, or whether they need to spotdodge first.

But what about foes who would rather spend the entire match lounging in the background? Not a problem, Fortress Spin works even against a brother in the back, bringing them into the foreground yet again.

In fact, Fortress Spin works on just about anything smaller than him, including projectiles, summons and traps that aren't rooted to the floor. This makes the background like a second plane to fight on, especially in 2v2 when you can use Fortress Spin and a teammate to booby trap the background and discourage the enemy from spotdodging. Or send your Ally into the background so they can circle around the enemy and attack from the rear.

Bowser? Using strategy!? What an insane idea!

Bowser Pound!: Downward B
Assuming a freefall stance by protruding his rear underneath him, Paper Bowser falls, intending to squash something.
Yet another staple of his great flabiness, the Bowser ground pound predates Mario's cheap immitation. If not for this move, Super Mario Brother 3 would be unwinnable. Be thankful you workshy plumbers!

In yet another horribly expected twist of fate, Paper Bowser lacks the... stage presence of the real Bowser. What should have been an earth shattering plummet, is a very floaty, awkward looking drift downwards. Bonk the foe on the head with this, and they'll suffer only minor damage and a bit of a flinch. Paper Bowser on the other hand will bounce back up, even higher than his regular jumps. This move is embarrassing to say the least. A true disgrace to his lardship.

Also, because Paper Bowser is locked into this move until he hits the ground, if you attempt to turn around, Bowser will fold in half, as if he were trying to flip, but unable to do so. This is more than a visual quirk however, as folding Paper Bowser in half can trap foes currently overlapping with him. If he does succeed, Paper Bowser will roll himself up around the foe, constricting them completely. It doesn't hurt (unless Paper Bowser is on fire) but the rolled up tube of turtle can waddle around with the trapped foe, even suiciding off-stage if he so chooses. Like most suicide KOs, the trick is to build up enough damage on the foe so that they won't escape.
If Paper "Tube" Bowser is lucky enough to trip while walking, he'll land on his side and roll right off the edge of the stage, expediting the process of suiciding greatly.

This additional use may be all well and good, but what of the actual Bowser Pound? Well, if you successfully land without hitting anyone (or dieing horribly), Paper Bowser will scrunch up under his own weight, like accordian bellows. You know what one of those looks like right? Not only does this reduce his height by two thirds, but it also makes him wide enough to be in both the background and foreground symultaneously. As you may expect, any attack performed in this form will hit both playing fields at once and thoroughly trounce spotdodges. The obvious cost is that anything you put in the background via Fortress Spin can now hit Paper Bowser. His reduced height also renders him vulnerable to aerial approaches.
To fix Paper Bowser's comical shape, simply jump. This will spring Bowser much higher into the air than his usual jumps. Such a tall jump can be prove rather disasterous, but if you wait until the foe knocks you offstage before expending your "spring jump", you'll find it extremely useful.

Claw of the Koopa!: Sideward B
With as much momentum as he can gather, Bowser slashes forth with paperthin claws. KSSSHHHIINNG!
Notice the pattern? You're not the only one. Bowser actually looks a bit ":glare:" as he slashes. And for good reason, he's just a sheet of paper. What's he going to do, give the enemy a papercut?

Yes, actually. This feeble clawing really will give the foe a little papercut. Papercuts in general are quite painful, and for brawlers, any stinging pain can come back to haunt them at the worst of times.
More specifically, if the foe suffers a papercut, there will be a 25% chance of them stuttering whenever they change animation, wasting a whole frame in lag. "Changing animation" could be anything from skidding to a halt from a dash, the very start of a jump before the foe leaves the ground, the transition between being launched and entering a "tumbling" state, landing during an aerial attack, attempting to shield. Even a lot of the attacks themselves are split up into multiple animations. There are literally 100s of chances for that 1 frame of lag to crop up. Even IDLING COMPLETELY STILL has 3 or 4 seperate animation transitions.
Papercuts are represented by a hairline fracture on that player's character portrait, and heal themselves up after 20 seconds.

That's assuming you hit the foe of course. If you flubb it, Paper Bowser will follow through on his momentum and tear his other arm off. Don't worry, he'll grow a new one in 12 seconds (and yes, limb regeneration is a real thing).
Of bigger concern is the torn arm left on the ground. It's technically an item now, so it can be picked up and thrown by anyone(though paper does not travel very far when thrown, naturally). Fire attacks can also be used to ignite the rogue appendage, turning it into a trap, or projectile, of sorts. Basically, touching a flaming arm is like the contact damage from touching a flaming Bowser, and if you think about it, that makes perfect sense. Sadly, an arm will burn up completely after 10 seconds.
This may sound all awesome and stuff, but Paper Bowser is, after all, made of paper, and is therefore not immune to his own flaming traps. Don't touch the arm after it catches alight, and Paper Bowser will be just fine. Of course, if you're already on fire, then go ahead and ignore that advice

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Seems like I've found another set to, ahem, "flesh out" my MYM 9 plans. None too obvious, but there you go.

Could it be... THWOMP? :c
I know who that is :D And it's not Thwomp. It's got nothing to do with Mario, though the game the character is from is a platforming game (sort of).

Has MYM 9 already started? There's already a section on MYM9 Movesets on the workshop. Also is there a limit on how many entries? I've got a few planned (though I'm not sure whether any are any good or aren't overpowered).

Smady

Smash Master
No, Make Your Move 9 has not been posted yet. By the looks of things, MYM9 will start on the 5th of December, and will be posted by Junahu. There's also no limit on the amount of sets you can post in a contest - in fact, the more the better! :chuckle:

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
No, Make Your Move 9 has not been posted yet. By the looks of things, MYM9 will start on the 5th of December, and will be posted by Junahu. There's also no limit on the amount of sets you can post in a contest - in fact, the more the better! :chuckle:
did you actually think he was thwomp?... I hope not.

Bandage girl would be disappointed.

Smady

Smash Master
You win nothing, because it's so bloody obvious. Agi says he's "made of meat" and the silhouette is blatantly him as well. :lol:

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Alright. So it starts on Sunday, I can use original characters, I can have as many movesets as I want and we all agree that Meat Boy is pretty obvious.
That correct?

Smady

Smash Master
All accurate and cool statements, yes. Any hints for the avid thread posters and moveset readers like myself on these sets of yours, pie h8er?

Pizzamasta

Smash Rookie
Hi, i'm new here but... this is a contest about creating movesets for your favorite characters, right? That does look awesome, but this contest is over?

If so,

I could start working on something, but... could I look anywhere to have a better idea of how to start?

EDIT : Oh, sorry. Just read the OP, haha.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice

There are three more I've got planned as well but they're original characters and I don't have the time to make images right now (studying for something pretty important).

@Pizza: Next one starts on Sunday.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
OMGWTFBBQ Team Chaotix!

I've wanted to do a set for them for a while but never had much ideas. If you pull this off you get 100 respect points from me.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, those avatars look awesome. Can I have one, or is it only for people who have participated? I wasn't able to participate this MYM, but I plan on taking part in MYM9 as much as I can.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't blame you for wanting one. They -are- pretty sexy.

If I wasn't pinching my foreskin tightly when I first saw mine, I'm afraid some semen might have leaked out.

Top Bottom