• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 7 - It's Over, Nothing to See Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
MYM 7 - THE TOP 50

1. Doppelori [Junahu]
2. Team Rocket Grunt [KingK.Rool]
3. Sheep Man [agidius]

4. Dr Strangelove [Wizzerd]
5. Super Macho Man [Hyper_Ridley]

6. Subaru Nakajima [darth meanie]
7. Cairne Bloodhoof [MasterWarlord]
8. Kamek [KingK.Rool]
9. Mario & Luigi [darth meanie]
10. VideoMan.EXE [darth meanie]

11. Abra [KingK.Rool]
12. The Spy [MasterWarlord]
13. Silver [MarthTrinity]
14. Alucard [Junahu]
15. Sandslash [Kholdstare]
16. Huff N. Puff [MasterWarlord]
17. Harbinger [darth meanie]
18. Sho Minamimoto [SkylerOcon]
19. Valozarg [MasterWarlord]
20. Rider [darth meanie]

21. Badman [Junahu]
22. Samus [JOE!]
23. Zinger [BKupa666]
24. Stanley the Bugman [BKupa666]
25. Spadefox [Hyper_Ridley]
26. The Predator [Frf]
27. Yukari [emergency]
28. Nara Shikamaru [agidius]
29. Kel’Thuzad [MasterWarlord]
30. Drifblim [Plorf]

31. Arbok [Hyper_Ridley]
32. Mogenar [Hyper_Ridley]
33. Inspector Lunge [MasterWarlord]
34. Jeff Hardy [TWILTHERO]
35. Chucky [BKupa666]
36. Morton Koopa Jr [MasterWarlord]
37. Cirno [tirkaro]
38. Houndoom [UserShadow7989]
39. Fat Bastard [BKupa666]
40. Golem [MasterWarlord]

41. Axel [Kholdstare]
42. Probopass [darth meanie]
43. Saber [darth meanie]
44. Wallmaster [SkylerOcon]
45. Gambit [half_silver28 and Smash Daddy]
46. Abomasnow [darth meanie]
47. Swalot [MarthTrinity]
48. Ninetales [MasterWarlord]
49. Bomber [Koppakirby]
50. Dodongo [Kholdstare]

Well, there it is, and now for the first time ever, it's fully linked. You can access any of those sets easily just by clicking on the number. Very boring task, so I trust you'll enjoy it.

And just like always, congratulations to everybody who placed and everybody in general. You're the setmakers, you know. Without you, there is no MYM. Thank you all. ;)

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
..... And with that, MYM7 is basically over. It was really fun while it lasted. I'm glad that Super Macho Man made it into the Top 50, along with Dr. Strangelove, Mario & Luigi, Sandslash, and everyone else who deserved it. I also like how you put in the links to the sets, so people don't have to search every page for them.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Whoo! I placed this contest. Oh, my new prediction was spot on. SPOT ON. 27! Congrats, Juna, Rool, and Agi for Top 3! ...Dodongo not knows why Dodongo was kicked to 50. :'(

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Hmm, intresting I expected Stangelove to be higher than Grunt (No ofense Rool, I loved Grunt, I would have had Strangelove 2nd with Grunt third). Other than that though, More or less as expected. Props to everyone

Smady

Smash Master
It's a really strong top fifty and I'm proud to have been OP of this MYM. Started off really badly in terms of moveset-quality and eventually became one of, if not the very best, as I had expected. Viva la MYM and congratulations to all involved.

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Wow. That's... surprising. I get the feeling that Strangelove suffered a bit from "out of sight, out of mind" syndrome and got bumped down because of it.
But still a good effort all round. I'm sad that Joe Musashi didn't make the final 50, but I roll with the punches on this one - he had some things that justdetracted from the end result and you can't have anything less than perfection for this comp.

Viva la MYM! 8's gonna be huge, yo.

MYSTERY HINT TIME!

One character's going to be based off a game, which itself was based off an anime OVA.
Japanese name: Kujaku-oh.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
On a personal note, I'm so grateful to everyone who voted for my sets - I really wasn't expecting such a great showing. Means a lot to me; thanks, folks.

I do feel Cairne could have been higher and Sheep Man a touch lower, but most of my issues with the top 50 fade when I look at some of the great, under-the-radar sets that make it. Best top 50 ever.

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Nope. He fits right into Brawl as-is with little editing of his mechanical skill... even into MYM, though if you count people like Sho and Cirno, then anybody'd be able to fit in.

N.B the character has no skill with mechanical repairs.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Meh, i figured there would be Kikaruo No go sets in MYM...

...Anyway just for the hell of it: Planned Sets

Yu Yu Hakusho Sets, FTW.
Kurama- Half done already, hopefully a better set than my previous
Gama- Could be pretty good if I try hard enough
Perhaps Game Master if I can think of a way to pull it off

...So anyone even know what Yu Yu Hakusho is?

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman

Yu Yu Hakusho Sets, FTW.

Oh! I do I do I do! Loved that show. Can't wait to see them.

The Top 50 this time around was much better then the last few. I'm surprised Houndoom placed over Ocelot. Granted, Ocelot was a generic camper and his aerials sucked, but still. Thank you all for your votes.

I've already completed one set for MYM8, and am at work on a second. My Kira Trine remake (my OC) is on hold right now because it's been too much work, and I may have to redo it from scratch (joy). The set will be about 3 normal sets long, and it's the monstrosity that's been taking up so much of my MYM dedicated time and kept me from making more then 2 sets this contest.

The completed set is for Scarmiglione, the Blighted Despot from Final Fantasy 4, and my in progress set is Captain Vladimir, the Lost Cosmonaut from No More Heroes 2.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
I do. great show, if not a bit confusing. (of course the manga was a total mind-asploder compared to the show)

Anyway, i can see some good sets coming from that... good luck!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Monkey D. AWESOME doing Peter Griffin? That I truly look forward to (especially seeing that there are a lot of Family Guy GIFs).

Yu Yu Hakusho Sets, FTW.

I've heard of the show: seen at least 2 sets for the anime/manga series of it. Hagiri Kaname by phatcat203 (I checked the set. Believe he's from the series) and Yusuke Urameshi by Lenus Altair (yes I actually check old sets. I've seen a lot of them). Im open for Yu Yu Hakusho sets. Sounds like fun. Don't know who the characters are but of course that's why the sets are there! So I can get to know them.

Occasionally I find it weird that Im the only one on the smash workshop thanks to the forum crashes.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Wow, thanks so much for everyone who voted for Sandslash, Axel, and Dodongo! This, with the MYM Awards and me making four (albiet two weren't impressive) sets, this makes for my best MYM showing yet!

Congratulations to Junahu, Rool, and agi for placing in the top 3, all of those sets are great. But... no Warlord in the top 3? lolworthy and surprising at the same time.

And I'm terribly sorry about not getting the CSS posted. I had the whole roster complete, but as you know... my computer died. :(

As for plans for MYM8? I'm currently working on a set (on paper, lol), but a set I've already got enough work on to announce it without it dieing is...

And the best thing is I had him saved to a jump drive. Go me.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Planned MYM8 sets...
Rundas
Sylux
Admiral Ackbar
Shadow Queen (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Crystal King
Doopliss

I have at least a general idea for all of these, and a good idea of a playstyle. Ackbar is STRICTLY a joke set, just an FYI. I think Rundas will be my best set yet, hopefully you all agree...I don't know if I can get all of these out, but I wanna make a moveset that at least makes the top 50.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
MYM 7 - THE TOP 50

1. Doppelori [Junahu]
2. Team Rocket Grunt [KingK.Rool]
3. Sheep Man [agidius]Great set, but so insanely high it's scary.

4. Dr Strangelove [Wizzerd]
5. Super Macho Man [Hyper_Ridley]Quite possibly the most pleasant surprise on the list. Good to see HR crack top 5 with a solo set, much less for this set to reach such a deserving position.

6. Subaru Nakajima [darth meanie]
7. Cairne Bloodhoof [MasterWarlord]
8. Kamek [KingK.Rool] Absolutely disturbing. Abominatino. Sickening. Less expected then Alucard's placing and quite possibly the worst placing on the list.
9. Mario & Luigi [darth meanie] Entirely expected. Not that I think it warrants its' position here, but there are bigger matters to attend to.
10. VideoMan.EXE [darth meanie]
. . .Subaru, M&L, AND Videoman in top 10. . .

11. Abra [KingK.Rool] Excuse me while I go only make 3 sets in MYM 8 to get stupidly high placings solely from lack of vote split. That's the only logical explanation for these Roolian placings outside Grunt, who even then is pushing the envelope. Also, I'll save two of them for the very end of the bloody contest, and I'll watch as MYM dies. MYM punishes activity.
12. The Spy [MasterWarlord]
13. Silver [MarthTrinity]
14. Alucard [Junahu] (puke#)
15. Sandslash [Kholdstare]
16. Huff N. Puff [MasterWarlord]
17. Harbinger [darth meanie]
18. Sho Minamimoto [SkylerOcon] The set should've been lower if anything. I predicted it getting way too stupidly high. It got it's position entirely from lack of vote split. Clearly superior to Kel'Thuzad in every possible imaginable way. Lolno, swap our movesets. Same case as Bear Hugger/Kaiser in MYM 6. Pity obligatory vote for Ocon.
19. Valozarg [MasterWarlord]
20. Rider [darth meanie]

21. Badman [Junahu] Make me a mode to play as this set in before releasing it.
22. Samus [JOE!] This is the biggest flaw on the list that there could've actually been something done about, as Kamek was essentially untouchable.
23. Zinger [BKupa666] Inferrior to Stanley. Otherwise warrants its' position.
24. Stanley the Bugman [BKupa666]
25. Spadefox [Hyper_Ridley]
26. The Predator [Frf]
27. Yukari [emergency] No playstyle, no placing. GTFO.
28. Nara Shikamaru [agidius] Little to no vote split, high placing. Very meh set, but it's not like it got very high anyway.
29. Kel’Thuzad [MasterWarlord]
30. Drifblim [Plorf]

31. Arbok [Hyper_Ridley] Poor Arbok and Mogenar. . .HR really deserved better placings with these sets, this really was his best MYM.
32. Mogenar [Hyper_Ridley]
33. Inspector Lunge [MasterWarlord]
34. Jeff Hardy [TWILTHERO] Twilt posts Bald Bull and it not only makes top 50, but top 35.
35. Chucky [BKupa666] Grew negatively on me with time. It's a character oriented moveset. . .With magic syndrome up the wazoo.
36. Morton Koopa Jr [MasterWarlord] Above Golem? In-smash Nazis.
37. Cirno [tirkaro] Wat
38. Houndoom [UserShadow7989]
39. Fat Bastard [BKupa666]
40. Golem [MasterWarlord]

41. Axel [Kholdstare] Not a fan, but it's somewhat content at this placing.
42. Probopass [darth meanie]
43. Saber [darth meanie] Marth repost with gimmicks attached. How this got on the list or surpassed Abomasnow is beyond me.
44. Wallmaster [SkylerOcon]
45. Gambit [half_silver28 and Smash Daddy] Definitive example of how NOT to do a joint set. The most important lesson: Pick your partner wisely. . .Make sure he's, y'know, an actual MYMer.
46. Abomasnow [darth meanie]
47. Swalot [MarthTrinity]
48. Ninetales [MasterWarlord] Ololololololololololololol
49. Bomber [Koppakirby] No redeeming qualities about the set. Garbage tier, terrible writing style, terrible prop hand inputs, concept is blatantly unsmash while being nothing near interesting enough to warrant it.
50. Dodongo [Kholdstare] The fact that a moveset like this can make the top 50, let alone originally be so stupidly high, makes me want to not only stop MYMing, but do everything in my power to kill MYM as a whole.
Yeah. If Rool says the top 50 is the best yet, that pretty much means it's the worst ever.

CAPTURE THE FLAG​
TEAM 1: Abra, Ninetales, Houndoom, Arbok, Psyduck, Probopass, Golem, Sandslash,Venusaur, Swalot
TEAM 2: Onix, Onix, Onix, Onix, Onix, Onix, Onix, Onix, Onix, Onix

Good god Onix is broken. . .Why doesn’t he count for 3 characters again? God knows. Onix doesn’t have any real traps, and if Onix tries to burrow an underground maze to place the flag in it won’t particularly matter due to the earth repairing itself automatically shortly. This destroys the flag, causing it to respawn and wasting your time. . .But the Onixes don’t need any adorable little traps to stop their enemies. They’re freaking broken impossible to kill monstrosities of death, and they’re completely solid, making them living walls to box off the flag, particularly when they align themselves correctly with some of their attacks.

So how do Abra, Ninetales, Houndoom, Arbok, and Psyduck get past the Onixes? Houndoom and Psyduck are pretty useless, admittedly, their mechanic boosters proving to be of little use against the monstrosities. Abra can teleport past the Onixes and back out quickly, though he’ll struggle to teleport away far enough quickly enough to escape the gigantic hitboxes of the Onixes. . .Though then again he can portal recovery back to the base, or if for whatever reason he hasn’t done that he can go under the stage to hide first with dsmash or get up high out of even Onix’s grasp with usmash (barely. . .). Arbok’s dash attack enables him to easily go around the Onixes similiarily to Abra’s teleport, and he can escape just as easily and without set-up. Ninetales’ wonky uair enables her to potentially approach over the Onixes, though if one of the Onixes moves up higher the flag will still be blocked off. However; Ninetales’ uair/dair combo is incredibly scary to Onix – it’s one of the only non mechanic KOs that will kill him at 0%. Assuming Onix doesn’t want to die, he gets grabbed by trying to grab Ninetales which doesn’t happen under normal circumstances, and if Ninetales forces Onix to only grab at close range then the constant threat of that Onix’s gigantic hitboxes is moot.

Onix does somewhat poor offensively what with his horrible movement speed, but at least he’s given 30 seconds to get to the middle, no? That and more importantly he can speed up by digging his way there and the Onixes going on the offensive will also give the enemies on the offense hell as they go past. Once the Onixes get to the enemy base, they’ll be greeted by Golem’s massive mountain with the flag in an underground labyrinth, Sandslash’s grounded traps and Swalot’s sticky goo covering every inch of the ground, as well as a very nicely set up Probopass as far back as possible camping away in a corner and a Venusaur with max sunlight. Of course, Sandslash makes this all invisible to boot with his sandstorm. Unfortunately for the more varied team, Onixes don’t care about Swalot’s sticky goo at all and can burrow through Golem’s maze straight to the flag (A good thing too, as they’d be too big to get down there otherwise). The Onixes had best go one at a time though, as Golem can explode in his maze to KO them while they’re down there getting the flag. This will undoubtedly get one of them, but assuming the others are intelligent enough to wait and stay back for Golem to explode they’ll still get the flag after Golem’s dead. Beyond that, it’s mainly up to Sandslash to stall, as Venusaur, Probopass, and Swalot especially are of little use against gods like Onixes.

While the Onixes will get the flag without that much resistance, the same can be said for the varied team of Pokemon, except they do it much faster. If the offensive Onixes are no nonsense in getting the flag as well as damaging Abra/Arbok enough on their way to their flag so the defensive ones can finish them off, they can win, but it’s definitely a hard MU for them.

LUCY VS. MARIO AND LUIGI VS. KAMEK VS. ABRA: 10/40/25/25​

While Lucy is very good at surviving to the final two in FFA, Abra has no trouble getting past her vectors to force her out into the open and in general has a favorable match-up on her 1 on 1. Kamek also can’t trap Abra between his columns, meaning he can’t keep the giant Abra under control and the buff he gave Abra will come back to bite him. Considering how good Kamek is at forging alliances by handing out buffs, he’ll naturally want to ally with Lucy, yes? Well, he would, but Lucy also beats Kamek 1v1 – Kamek making his minions big makes them very easy to box in, which eliminates a large part of Kamek’s game.

So that means the only person left for Kamek to align himself with is the Mario Bros., who also hate Lucy due to her being able to box in the bros. individually with her vectors. The Mario Bros. are a particularly easy character to gain the trust of seeing Kamek gets two characters to buff up, meaning they appreciate Kamek’s help much more. While the Mario Bros. have little preference between fighting Abra or Kamek in the end-game, assuming Kamek keeps being friendly towards the Mario Bros. they’ll have little reason to betray him.

In a 1v1 with Kamek against the Mario Bros., it’s rather a mixed bag. On the one hand, Kamek will struggle significantly to trap both bros in-between columns with a buffed minion, but he doesn’t really need to. Kamek is more then capable of competently fighting the loner bro on his own, especially considering he has a decent recovery. However; the second brother is more likely to just go in-between the columns where the trapped giant bro is and help them to finish off the giant minion, resuming play. This means the giant brother will be safe faster, but it also means Kamek is free to camp the bros from inside (Not in-between) the columns, getting a good bit of free damage on both of them. While the bros will be safe faster then a normal character, considering Kamek has two targets to hit it rather evens out. What makes the match-up slightly favorable for Kamek is that his minion can occasionally interrupt Mario and Luigi’s combos, and his decent recovery, particularly with a minion to pilot the broomstick so Kamek can make himself harder to gimp.

Abra’s match-up against the Mario Bros. is pretty much entirely even, though the gap between the match-ups generally isn’t enough for the Mario Bros. to refuse Kamek’s help. However; if Abra insists he can just constantly keep teleporting away the whole time to try to prevent Kamek and the Mario Bros. from ganging up on him and instead kill each other (Assuming Lucy is already dead). If the Mario Bros. do indeed decide to turn on Kamek, he’s pretty much done, as the betrayal will come with little warning and will most probably be from a giant smash attack. Kamek has to be very cautious after Lucy is dead. . .

While Lucy can try to flee all day like Kamek, the Mario Bros. have a much more significant incentive to kill her with Kamek then Abra due to having a bad 1v1 match-up against her. Lucy can do little other then root herself or use utilt which will protect her for a decent time, but will leave her with an absurdly high percentage at the end. Lucy pretty much just has to pray the bros. get bored of waiting and go attack somebody else during that time.

SUBARU VS. ARBOK VS. HOUNDOOM VS. SUPER MACHO MAN: 50/21.25/7.5/21.25​

ZOMG SUPER HYPER AGGRESSIVE CHARACTERS ARE GO. Welcome to Melee+++++++++, my friends. Macho Man has the hardest time of these characters in a FFA setting due to wanting to focus a single specific character to break their shield, which is really hard to make happen when everything keeps getting interrupted. It’s comparable to a typical KO mechanic/a character who needs to gets in grabs. Unlike those characters, though, Macho Man is far from entirely reliant on this, so he can still compete.

Houndoom has the most room to not be offensive of the group what with his pseudo-traps automatically spawning as he attacks and his projectiles. Sure, he can run out of the flash fire all superpowered and what-not, but why bother when the other characters are tearing each-other apart? Granted, he won’t be doing too much of it to avoid drawing attention to himself by getting too large of a lead, but it’s particularly nice to do if Houndoom starts losing.

Subaru just doing loop-de-loops up in the sky with wing road while she builds up momentum also allows her to get out of the fray with little problem when necessary, but more importantly she’s by far the most capable of the characters at scoring KOs. Building up momentum is far from an issue in a FFA setting, and the massively powerful KO moves of Arbok and Houndoom are very laggy throws. Subaru wants the other characters to beat each other up then to come in for the kill, seeing she’s generally better at KOing then damage racking anyway. Subaru thrives in this match-up and her getting a slight lead is common – not from cowering away, but simply by how much she’s KOing everybody else.

Despite this, the others forming an alliance against Subaru is rare due to none of them particularly disliking a 1v1 with her. The only person who’s particularly hated is Houndoom due to his pseudo trap lingering fire hitboxes make it hell for Subaru and Macho Man to approach him. Arbok’s the only one who doesn’t mind a 1v1 with Houndoom due to being able to easily go around them with dashing attack. Unfortunately for Houndoom, Arbok isn’t that capable of KOing during the FFA phase (Due to his main method being his laggy fthrow) while Macho and Subaru are, so Houndoom will be a common target for successful KO moves. Even if Houndoom somehow forms an alliance with Arbok who has no incentive to do so, their laggy throws beg to be interrupted by the other of Macho/Subaru. This means Houndoom will have to do more awkward turtling inside his flames then is natural to have much a chance of survival, though if he makes it to the final two he’s got a good chance.

In a 3 man FFA between the rest, Arbok damage racks Macho while Macho tries to KO Arbok. However; due to the Subaru variable, Arbok gets an outside source of KOs while Macho Man doesn’t get an outside source of damage. Arbok’s options for punishing dodges in his background hitting attacks also generally outclass Macho Man’s lingering hitboxes, and Arbok has a much faster (And thus safer in FFAs) response to shields in his grab-game (He has throws which aren’t laggy KO throws). Macho struggles in this setting and against Arbok in general, and thus this means Macho will want to kill Arbok before Houndoom. Considering Subaru will help Macho kill Houndoom but not Arbok, this is definitely in Macho’s best interest, and Houndoom can encourage this by hiding. Arbok and Houndoom have similar chances of getting to the final 3, and based off which one gets there Macho/Arbok is basically guaranteed to be in the final 2.

Subaru’s the person to beat here, hands down. Macho has an easier time clashing head on with Subaru due to his higher priority, though Arbok can pretty easily avoid Subaru’s killer KO moves with dashing attack. The problem is she’ll generally zip away too quickly for Arbok to hit her backside unless he positions himself just right, and even then he’ll just barely nick her. . .But then again, just barely nicking her is enough to make her lose her momentum and hit her with another more meaningful attack, so it’s possible to get in some more meaningful attacks, but still requires Arbok to very precise about it. Then again, Subaru will struggle to get away from Arbok ever again seeing he’s far from slow either and will punish whatever she does to defend herself, her having no choice but to just run away from Arbok. Subaru pretty much has a 50/50 with both of these characters 1v1, but considering she’s virtually always there, she has a significant advantage.

Probopass / Houndoom / Arbok / Golem
30/25/35/10 (By Wizzerd)​

Probopass's and Golem's respective Explosions aren't nearly as usable in any sort of FFA setting, as you're just taking a stock away from yourself and one other person. That's all well and good if you have one opponent, but this is an FFA. You're just making you and whoever you land it on easier to kill. If you manage to land it on all three of your opponents at once it works fine, but it's difficult for both Probopass and Golem to land it on one person. It's concievable to use it while the other three are gangbanging each other, but given the heavy startup lag of both it's still unlikely that they'll fail to clear out in time.

Probopass will hardly mind given that Discharge and Zap Cannon are superior KO moves unless he's been knocked all the way to the right side of the screen, unlikely when he isn't the only target. Golem however DOES mind. He's meant to scrape KOs and maintain equal stocks on the first stock by forcing his foe in with forward smash or down throw and caving in his tunnels with Explosion, workable when there's only one opponent but near impossible with three. Besides, all three of your opponents have reliable ways of clearing out the ground that closes up the tunnel - Probopass has his mini-noses, Houndoom Burning Leap and Arbok Solid Spring - and this is assuming you can get them there in the first place. Golem is going to have a hard time sinking the ground via Earthquake without being able to use his tunnels, as he can't really clear them out with Explosion being so risky and Earthquake encouraging everyone else to knock him out of it or take damage. Thus, Golem isn't very much capable of setting up unless he somehow survives to the final two, which is only concievable via stalling. His only tool for this is Dig, which is extremely risky as he's dead if he's even budged from down there. Golem is very much irrelevant to the matchup.

This leaves Probopass, Houndoom and Arbok. Houndoom is a threat to both Probopass and Arbok, forcing Probopass to move and encouraging Arbok to stop pressuring him with his lingering hitboxes. Their best recourse is to form an alliance, as they can very easily win together but not on their own. Arbok can't land Leer on Houndoom when he's constantly spamming things like Roar, but if Probopass distracts him with his Mini-Noses Arbok can easily fall back on Leer to prevent Houndoom from creating his Flash Fire traps. Grab is a very attractive option for Probopass's Mini-Noses considering it holds Houndoom in place and allows Probopass to drag Houndoom into Arbok's own grab. Down Special's easy to land here for Arbok with Houndoom immobilized, making it even easier for the duo.

By now it's likely to be 1vs1, Probopass vs. Arbok. Probopass has a significant disadvantage against Arbok here, but Golem is almost certainly dead and there's no way in hell he'll be able to take down Houndoom. Arbok mainly dominates here due to his FTilt (sound familiar?). While Leer doesn't prevent Mini-Noses from coming out in the first place, it prevents them from using their projectile aerials, leaving them with only a Kangaskhan-esque grab game (sans brokenness). This forces Probopass to fight himself, and he's limited to his Side Special, tilts, weak grab game and Explosion. Of course Leer is temporary, but after landing it once Arbok can easily land it again with Probopass's moveset so restricted. Still, though, if Probopass avoids Leer for long enough he has a fairly neutral matchup with Arbok.

But how likely is it that it'll actually play out this way? Almost certain, actually. Golem dies off quickly and neither Arbok nor Probopass will want to take down Houndoom on their own. If they don't make an alliance Houndoom is certain to take the win. However, Probopass and Arbok will do anything and everything possible to prevent this, though it's still the only plausible alternative to how the match can play out.

SILVER VS. CAIRNE VS. ZINGER VS. FAT B​
ASTARD: 55/22.5/7.5/15

While Fat Bastard’s absolutely beastly KO options are rendered rather moot here what with them being throws which will inevitably get interrupted, his stunning moves are more useful here then ever. Who says he has to be the one to follow up on his stun? Leave that to the others. It’s even a nice tool for gaining alliances seeing it’s a good tool for gang banging foes!

Except Fat Bastard is fairly unpopular. In a 1v1, Fat Bastard tears through the superarmor of Cairne’s dsmash with his grab-game and KOs him stupidly quickly, not giving him enough time for Reincarnation to cool down. Zinger barely needs to have any damage racked upon him what with how he’s a featherweight. Silver is the only one who doesn’t particularly mind Fat Bastard, if anything having a slightly favorable match-up against him due to his easily gimpable recovery. Thankfully for Fat Bastard, Zinger doesn’t only hate him, also hating Cairne as much as Fat Bastard for similar reasons, except more focused on Cairne’s durability then his power.

Cairne naturally wants an alliance with Zinger, but considering Zinger hates Cairne too, it’s far from impossible for Fat Bastard to get Zinger as an ally by stunning Cairne en-mass to leave him open for Zinger. Cairne doesn’t offer as much of an incentive as Fat Bastard for Zinger to ally with him, beyond using stuns which stun both him –and- Fat Bastard, which doesn’t guarantee that Zinger won’t just hit Cairne. . .But why should Zinger settle for hitting just one? Hit both! This means Cairne’s stuns are the main ones Zinger wants to punish. As Fat Bastard and Cairne are fighting for Zinger’s allegiance, just take advantage of the chaos and kill both of them. The only problem is that Zinger struggles to finish either of them, but so long as you make their damage climb it’s probable that they’ll kill each other, assuming you don’t interrupt Fat Bastard’s KO throws on Cairne.

Now let’s add in the final variable with Silver, shall we? Silver doesn’t hate facing anybody in the end and nobody really hates facing him. Fat Bastard dislikes facing him the most of anybody, but can’t really target Fat Bastard when Cairne’s constantly on top of him and Zinger’s usually involved in some way as well. Thus Silver has no motive to create an alliance, right? Wrong. Silver can guarantee his spot in the final two by making an alliance with Cairne. Silver’s Down Special is essentially as if Cairne used a good 8 stomps or so in a single area all very quickly, and will allow Cairne to kill the other two characters in a heartbeat. However; Silver doesn’t want Cairne to be in the lead at the end and Cairne can easily hit Silver with dair thanks to the pit, meaning Silver just watching isn’t an option. Cairne forces Silver to participate. Thus, Silver will mainly want to just give Cairne boosts if he starts to lose to extend the chaos as long as possible. If he hits you a bit, big deal.

So yes, Silver’s spot in the final two is all but guaranteed. While one of Fat Bastard/Cairne is pretty much always in last, the winner more often then not will go on to fight Silver. While Zinger will have a good lead on the remaining heavyweight, the damage won’t matter much due to how light Zinger is and how powerful the heavyweights are. While one would think Silver having the potential to safeguard Cairne from being knocked out to extend the chaos would make him the more likely candidate to face Silver by a large margin, Silver may prefer to face a less damaged Fat Bastard seeing his more favorable match-up on him, so it can’t be that relied upon. Silver generally wins in the final battle if only due to how untouched he is, albeit it’s possible for Cairne to put aside his differences with Fat Bastard briefly if Silver gets too far in the lead, letting Fat Bastard pass by him to go over and attack who he wants to - Silver. Due to Silver not wanting to get too far into the lead for Cairne to let loose Fat Bastard on him, he’ll want to participate in the fight to an extent, which means he’s somewhat more likely to help Cairne then not.

SANDSHREW VS. SETH VS. ALUCARD VS. MONKEY D. LUFFY: 0/0/0/100​

Olololololololololololol

Moving on. . .

Before we go into anything, I’m probably going to have to educate you on these sets besides Alucard. Seth is very ironically an insanely underpowered character, Ganondorf with no power. Seth’s specials are decent and enable him to camp, but he has little KO potential and is still too laggy to do that much of anything. Sandshrew is similar to Seth in that he likes to hide. . .While he can hide better then Seth, he can’t do anything while he’s hiding. Granted, once he’s forced to come out of hiding he isn’t as INSANELY underpowered as Seth, but he’s still on par with the bottom 5 characters in Brawl or so, and that’s just not gonna cut it when he has to fight the overpowered god that is Monkey D. Luffy. I don’t think you quite understand how overpowered he is. . .Well, see, Onix, Mewtwo, and Envy had an orgy, and the result was Monkey D. Luffy. Yeah. He’s that goddamn insane.

So that leaves Alucard, who has a very –slight- chance of fighting Luffy 1 on 1. . .If he ever survives that long, that is. If Luffy for whatever reason takes this joke of a match-up seriously, he’s going to target Alucard, the biggest “threat”, and Alucard will struggle to resist due to his back constantly being under fire from Seth’s camping. Alucard’s back is nearly constantly exposed to –somebody- in a FFA setting. Alucard can try to hide and hope Luffy doesn’t take the insanely one sided MU seriously and kills the other two first, but considering it’s entirely 100% natural for the other two characters to hide, they generally outclass you at it and you’ll skip out a lot more trying to flee from Luffy’s reign of terror.

INSPECTOR LUNGE VS. BADMAN VS. VIDEOMAN.EXE VS. DR. STRANGELOVE: 40/0/20/40​

The climatic battle of four of the most unsmash (And thus best) sets in MYM 7. . .But wait, Badman doesn’t belong on a pedestal among the best sets, now does he? No worries, this is only really a battle among three sets. Slimoss has no way whatsoever of killing the civilian Lunge spawns within the super strict time-limit.

So that leaves Lunge, Videoman, and Strangelove, three terrific sets. Lunge has a very good match-up against Videoman solo due to Videoman giving Lunge tools to record evidence with, so that means Lunge ignores him, right? Wrong. Lunge wants what Videoman has to offer as soon as possible so he can have an easier time getting rid of Strangelove.

So while Lunge is attacking Videoman to make use of his tools, Strangelove has plenty of time to set-up. Considering it’s pretty obvious Strangelove’s going to have to deal with Lunge and not Videoman, he can set up traps over the areas he attacked the civilian. Lunge will have to go out of his way to ensure Strangelove doesn’t set up a chain reaction while stealing Videoman’s tools, meaning Lunge has to pressure two characters at once, not an easy feat. Once Lunge gets what he needs from Videoman he has little reason to go back to him and can attack Strangelove fairly easily if he’s kept him in check, but Videoman is constantly going to be breathing down Lunge’s neck due to his immense hatred of Lunge, again complicated matters for Lunge. Granted, Videoman is pretty poor at pressuring what with how unsmash he is, so it’s still very much possible indeed for Lunge to do this, especially seeing Strangelove won’t be able to defend himself that well less he make Lunge’s job easier, seeing he’ll of had to of used his few GTFO moves to kill the civilian. The main thing that prevents this from consistently happening is just how insanely skilled the Lunge player has to be to keep track of everything and remember all the moves/locations both Videoman/Strangelove used to kill the civillian.

If Lunge –does- go down, then Videoman wins slightly more then Strangelove. Videoman has more then enough time to edit up the ideal footage to kill Strangelove with. The problem is that with all that time Videoman has allowed Strangelove to set-up there’ll be so many bombs that Videoman will struggle to approach Strangelove. No, rewinding won’t stop the chain reaction from detonating the doomsday device, so yeah. It’s rare for Videoman to get to Strangelove, the problem is that Strangelove “winning” makes it a 50/50 chance he loses. Of course, a particularly insane Strangelove might just cut to the chase and intentionally let the bomb go off to prevent Videoman from having any chance of KOing him.

Also, if Strangelove can manage to set-up a chain reaction (With some of the bombs over where he killed the civilian) to detonate the doomsday device while Lunge is still around, he can force Lunge to leave him alone and just watch as Videoman/Lunge kill each other. As Lunge steals Videoman’s inputs he’ll essentially take the same role Videoman does in fighting you 1 on 1 seeing the traps you have over where you killed the civilian prevent him from KOing you with his mechanic. More importantly, if the others do as you want and kill each other enough so you get a stock lead on both of them, you can go for some suicide KOs by detonating the doomsday device to end the whole match. Videoman’s the main person who has to prevent this from happening and go over to Strangelove, seeing Lunge is incapable of doing anything to Strangelove at that point.

SANDSLASH VS. HUFF’N’PUFF VS. ROCKET GRUNT VS. MOGENAR: 32.5/42.5/5/20​

Sandslash will want to abuse his ability to become completely invisible for what’s essentially every 20 out of 45 seconds to survive to the final two. Sandslash will obviously want to do some actual fighting when the sandstorm’s down, as otherwise he’ll stick out too much with too blatant of a lead. Besides, he’s perfectly capable of fighting anyway, unlike his pathetic unevolved form.

So essentially Sandslash’s sandstorm becomes a stage hazard that comes complete with the stage. How do the others adapt? Huff’n’Puff loves the presence of the sandstorm first and foremost, as it makes all his Tuff Puffs, obscuring clouds (Because he totally needs that in a sandstorm), and cloud platforms invisible. This means Huff doesn’t have to worry about the safety of his Tuff Puffs, and makes their attacks infinitely harder to dodge, such as their grab (Much less if you supercharge them with a nair shockwave) or when you line them all up via uair for a down special. While Huff’n’Puff has to be pretty skilled to pull this off and will have to take his time to make sure his Tuff Puffs are in position before doing anything, the rewards are more then worth it. Just don’t expect to do any shenanigans with Dark Puffs while Sandslash is still alive, as it’ll be absolutely impossible to keep track of them.

So seeing Huff can go off-stage to camp safely AND his Tuff Puffs are safe thanks to Sandslash AND he’s still scoring most of the kills/damage, he’s a pretty blatant target. Considering the Tuff Puffs have a maximum height they can go and don’t leave the stage, just aimlessly attacking can kill some of them if there’s a lot, but you’ll still be wasting a lot of time and Huff can still move them out of your range temporarily via uair. When the sandstorm comes down, it’s a tough decision to attack either Sandslash or the Tuff Puffs. Considering Sandslash has some lag-time where he’s visible during the sandstorm as he brings up Sand Veil, though, the Tuff Puffs should be your primary concern.

But the Grunt won’t want to waste time taking down Tuff Puffs when he can also take advantage of the sandstorm! Grimer’s sludge and Houndour’s smoke are also now completely invisible! Well, that’s great and all for killing Mogenar and Sandslash, but it’s nigh impossible to kill Huff’n’Puff with poison and his Tuff Puffs couldn’t care less about the sludge on the ground. While the Grunt would love to do his own thing and let the others take care of Huff, Mogenar can’t touch the guy what with his on-stage camping and his kill method being on-stage gimping (Because Huff’n’Puff’s recovery is totally bad enough to be edge hogged) and Sandslash insists on you doing it for him. In order to do it you’re going to have to go over to Huff and explodify Grimer via Houndour, which is absolute torture when you can’t tell if he even has a cloud platform under him for you to safely land on due to the Sandstorm. You’ll have to go attack Huff when the sandstorm goes down, much more preferably, though Huff will probably just stall waiting for the sandstorm to go back up.

While Mogenar is hard pressed to kill Huff himself, he’s actually quite possibly the enemy Huff hates most. Mogenar’s wide long ranged hitboxes are bound to kill some Tuff Puffs in the blindness of the sandstorm, and seeing how undisturbed he’ll probably be from the others due to you stealing the show they’ll go down pretty fast if you don’t target him. Mogenar is definitely Huff’s primary target, as without him the FFA is Huff’s for the taking. Huff just has to be careful Mogenar’s invisible ftilt/fair hands (Due to the sandstorm) don’t dair Huff as he camps off-stage. . .In general, you’ll want to stay a bit higher up then Mogenar’s elevation to avoid this and his general camping as well as making it harder for Zubat to approach you with his horizontal recovery.

So. . .Pretty obvious who the final two are, no? Sandslash and Huff’n’Puff’s indirect alliance nearly always ends with them facing each other in the endgame. Due to Huff being so much more unpopular and Sandslash having been hiding for such an incredibly long time, Sandslash will have a significant lead. . .But he’ll need said lead, as his sandstorm benefits Huff significantly more then it benefits him, Sandslash struggling to make Huff come down and become vulnerable to his traps, eliminating the core of his game. More importantly, Sandslash’s recovery is non existent if there isn’t a sandstorm in effect, so he has to approach the off-stage Huff when he doesn’t know if there’s a Cloud Platform underneath him or not, pretty scary. Sandslash will want to just kill the Tuff Puffs to force Huff to come back to the stage, during which time he’ll take lots and lots of hits from Huff. . .But he has lots and lots of stamina to take the hits with with how untouched he’s been, so this is actually somewhat possible.

If Huff –does- somehow die, then the Grunt will want to keep Sandslash around to more easily finish off Mogenar with his invisible traps. Considering Huff will have been targeting Mogenar before his death, unfortunately he’s pretty goddamn screwed. Mogenar’s main way to survive is to take advantage of the sandstorm by placing his orb pedestal in an obscure location and using invisible ftilt/fair hands to replenish his orbs as necessary. It’s very much possible to constantly keep both of Mogenar’s orbs at full health to take minimal damage/knockback from the mass attacks you’ll receive, and if Mogenar focuses on doing this more then attacking Tuff Puffs he won’t anger Huff as much, getting targeted less. . .But he’ll still probably be targeted to an extent anyway, considering he probably has the best shot at taking Huff down 1 on 1 (Ignoring Sandslash’s lead). While it’s possible for a very conservative Mogenar to survive to the end, he fares poorly against Sandslash what with being a very grounded character, and Sandslash can destroy Mogenar’s pedestal when the sandstorm goes down while Mogenar can’t do much to Sandslash’s traps.

So Sandslash vs Grunt? Killing Sandslash via poison is another nigh impossible task. In a sandstorm you’d think it’d be easier with all your invisible traps, but he can go invisible himself and easily stall off the stupidly unforgiving three second duration. You have to kill him with poison when the sandstorm’s down and his shenanigans in general are more crippled, unless you want to explodify Grimer via Houndour in random locations when Sandslash goes invisible, hoping to hit him. Grunt has to have insane pressuring skills to finish off Sandslash, making this yet another unfavorable match-up for Grunt, much less with the inevitable lead Sandslash will have. Grunt will be targeting Sandslash in addition to Huff earlier on when they’re both alive, seeing Huff isn’t as much of an absolute beast without a sandstorm anyway. This is good news for Mogenar seeing he has one person entirely ignoring him and pressuring the other two, helping his chances, as well as for Huff in that Sandslash’s lead is decreased and he’s less likely to be the first to fall (Assuming he does at all).

DOPPELORI VS. THE COUNT VS. ACID SEAFORCE VS. CHEF KAWASAKI: 40/15/15/30​

Yes, this was made before I got to see the actual votes. Doppelori’s victory is blatantly obvious. Let’s welcome her to the league of MYM winners, shall we? It’s been a complete sausage fest until this point (Which is a good thing! Damn you Doppelori. . .).

So where to start? Count and Kawasaki KO via mechanics. Furthermore, the Count’s mechanic is a grab-based one, so he has to constantly land grabs on the same enemy and pummel them for long periods of time. Quite frankly, that’s just not gonna happen. Kawasaki doesn’t have to rack up his mechanic on anybody in particular and just has to prepare his stew, but he also needs a grab to get off a uthrow to complete the stew. Granted, he only needs one grab unlike the Count to finish his formula, but he struggles a lot more getting grabs and he has to grab a foe right next to the pot. Granted, it’s still possible for him to go on about his business unlike the Count, who’s not even going to bother summoning another hurtbox in Zondark and is probably just gonna hunker down on one side of the stage and camp, hoping to survive to the final two where he can actually function.

Seaforce is a much more skilled camper then the Count and is the main threat for Doppelori to worry about. Even in 1v1, Doppelori owns Kawasaki/the Count pretty hard by repelling Kawasaki from his pot and putting the Count/Zondark in her cannon and slaughtering the other one of the remaining two. Unfortunately, Seaforce’s game plan is an awkward one for Doppelori to deal with what with his decent recovery and how he wants the game to go on and on with his poison damage. Seaforce isn’t a superb staller to make that actually happen against a beast like Doppelori, but his fsmash, knight in slimy armor, still is enough to suffice. Not long enough to kill her, no, but long enough for her to generate a smash ball. If Kawasaki or the Count get it, they’ll inevitably be targeting Doppelori with it, so smash balls pretty well screw over Doppelori here. Thankfully it’s nigh impossible for the Count to get it what with his many grab hitboxes not hitting the ball and Kawasaki’s general weakness, so it’s still mostly up to Seaforce. Granted, if the Count –does- somehow get it. . .Things can shift in his favor pretty quickly.

Doppelori’s best target for to hit with her final smash to destroy the smash ball is undoubtedly Kawasaki. The Count will be too high up with his Up Special slime base to hit, and Seaforce is the only one who’s particularly competent besides you in this phase. Being near Kawasaki to try to hit him with the final smash also increases the chances that Kawasaki will be the one to get the smash ball if you fail, which is generally best for you as his final smash is generally the easiest to avoid/the least devastating, assuming he doesn’t choose one of the many recipes where he drinks the soup and fires out super powerful vegetable projectiles. . .But that’s why you haven’t made use of your cannon as a shield yet, so it has plenty of stamina for you to use it here without worry. . .

When Seaforce goes down, Doppelori’s pretty much got the match unless Kawasaki and the Count cooperate to ridiculous extents, most probably by Kawasaki letting the Count pummel Doppelori and not interfering. If the Count summons Zondark then it’ll still be a 2 on 1 if Doppelori stuffs somebody into her cannon. . .But if she stuffs in the Count himself, then Zondark/Kawasaki taking turns grabbing Doppelori won’t particularly matter when the Count himself can’t follow it up. Certainly possible for these two to win in this phase, but doubtful.

If Seaforce beats out Doppelori (Probably due to some final smashes screwing her over), then Seaforce ironically is the least likely to still come out on top what with all the beating he’ll of taken from Doppelori. Due to Seaforce having a fairly easy time against Kawasaki in a solo match due to camping away from Kawasaki’s precious pot, he’ll be targeting the Count, who is much easier to kill now then later with Kawasaki around to interfere. If Kawasaki is smart he may let the Count kill Seaforce, but then the Count can just take over Seaforce’s body and Kawasaki is left having to fight the same match-up, so Kawasaki will generally take the chance to get a free hit in on both the Count and Seaforce. If Kawasaki does this a lot it’s possible for him to get a good lead on the survivor, preferably the Count, giving him a good shot at the gold. The fact Doppelori likes giving Smash Balls to the chef over the others also increases his chances.

Videoman.EXE/Kamek/Predator VS Valozarg: 55/45 Valozarg's favor (By goldwyvern)​
This is a very subjective matchup as a lot of guesswork is required given these characters, so Im going to list what Im using for this. I am assuming that Videoman can film characters that are larger than his camera range,just showing the part that did fit into it when he plays it back. I am also assuming that Valozarg would not break barriers that Kamek sets up if he were to be just larger than them, just having his size being restricted to just smaller than the enclosed area in such a case, growing to the full grown size when the barrier expires.

To start things off, Predator has the most straight-forward job in the raid party. He just needs to turn invisible, make sure Valozarg doesnt now where he is, then contribute to damaging him until he's finally at KO percents where Predator sneaks up and uses jab on the back of Valozarg's head for the kill. This will take some light strategy, but overall, Predator is the least stressful game plan in the matchup. Getting Valozarg targetting is easy but it gives away your position so it would be best to target him and quickly GTFO, shooting off maybe one heat-seeking projectile for good measure. Do this and other behind-the-scenes work until you get a chance to use Jab. Landing maybe a bit difficult as it might give away your position in close proximity to Valozarg and you have to line it up so it actually hits his head. Beyond that, Predator shouldnt have any problem survivng as long as he plays smart and keeps himself hidden.

Kamek, on the other hand, can have an easy job, but requires a lot of micromanaging, even more than regularly. Itd be beneficial to start by summoning a minion to pilot your broom followed by a blooper which you make defensive. Then obviously you fly up, maybe set up one barrier or throw one Shape Magic, but you really want to use a lot of Blooper really quickly as youre going to need to get it offensive ASAP once youre done. Getting a damage bonus, enlargement, electrification, and possibly damage reduction would be beneficial. Afterwards, you'll want to set up another barrier after revitalizing any ones youve put up to trap Valozarg inside before increasing his massive size to th game's largest hitbox, effectively making him impossible to not hit if youre trying. This makes Predator's job easier, but the same cant be said Videoman if he's still collecting footage (more on him later). After all of this, Kamek needs to micromanage using UAir to continually revitalize all of his spells and periodically summoning a new Blooper to buff and another Shy Guy/Koopa to pilot your broomstick. At least one time, itd be a good idea to do your buffing close to the ground, as once again, Videoman comes back into the equation (and again, more on him later). Once Kamek gets into a groove of micromanaging all his spells well enough, he can go a bit more on the offensive and can throw more shape magics and possibly set up a Crystal Ball counter to throw off Valozarg, but that is only if everything is completely under control.

If Predator's job is easy, and Kamek's job is easy after set-up, then Videoman's job is complete torture. First and foremost, Videoman will want to get up close to someone so he can start making one of 2 tapes he'll eventually need. If you follow Predator, youll need to be very quick, very alert, or require him to spam his Nair right before he's about to attack. The most beneficial move of Predator's is his targeting move, allowing any recorded projectiles to home in on Valozarg during a playback. You may also want his jab if he gets KO'd.

Kamek's material is going to fill that second tape I was talking about. When I mentioned that Kamek should apply a round of buffs on the ground? Thats because Videoman will want to film all of Kamek's buffs and edit them into a super-buff video to allow Kamek to relax a little and go a little more offensive. With Videoman getting minions up and souping them up in a fraction of the time that Kamek usually needs, the riad has a much higher chance of surviving long enough to get Valozarg KO'd before anyone in the raid gets KO'd.

Getting footage of Valozarg is a bit tough with you being so easy to KO if he focuses on you, so you'll need smart partners to distract him with minions and projectiles for you to get good footage. Getting blood demons or doom demons up or some attacks involving blood being spewed or rained could be beneficial for his offensive tape, and managing footage of the blade of his FSmash would be a killer finisher. After all this is over. Videoman will need a good long time to edit his videos up until theyre usable, so Kamek and Predator are on their own.

During this time Kamek putting a couple of buffs on Predator, while that would give away his position, could help out in damaging and distracting Valozarg for this segment of the match.

Valozarg doesnt have as much micromanaging as the raid party, actually having to do his regular playtyle in a cycle throughout the entire match; Blood, summon, damage, summon, blood, KO, reincarnate, destroy set ups, KO more, etc in a bit of an erratic pattern would work wonders if his opponents didnt mesh together in the way they did. If he can mow through minions and get to the raid party with doom minions and blood demons efficiently, though, he can easily win this match. finding out where Predator is, stopping Videoman from filming anything relelvant and trying to get at Kamek while he's micromanaging are his main concerns. Overall, this is just barely in his favor due to how complex the raid party need sto get to KO him.

KEL’THUZAD VS. SHO VS. HARBINGER VS. BADMAN: 47.5/10/42.5/0​

Because that other Badman match-up was totally a perfectly good representation of him, right? Seriously, I love a lot of Badman’s concepts and a lot of work was clearly put into the set, it just needed a bit more time so that the concepts could be –used- somewhere. . .

. . .But wait! How dare you, MW! Badman still has no chance! You call this representation? Well, yeah, he doesn’t need to be invalidated by Lunge. He’s absolute garbage tier. Well. . .Uhhhh, MW, it’s a match-up of summons characters! Badman has plenty of time to do his thing! Good observation, but Badman takes 500 years to set-up properly while the others just need 2-5 uninterrupted seconds, which they’re generally happy to give each other. . .Granted, Badman has some chance to get somewhere as he’s largely ignored due to how little of a threat he is, but the other mindless minions roaming around generally interfere with the perfect balance of his ecosystem.

Kel’Thuzad actually enjoys Badman’s presence, as the constant presence of enemies that don’t go off the edge to attack means that the Ghouls will rarely stupidly go off the edge to their doom and don’t require as much babysitting. Kel is more free to attack here, and his nair is particularly devastating in FFAs, much less in a FFA of summons characters where EVERYTHING is affected. Of course, this makes you a giant target to get gang banged, but if everybody else has up too many minions it’s generally worth it. Your Mana Shield will hold long enough to kill the enemy minions. The Abomination is also a significantly larger threat here, what with how there’s things other to dodge then what you create. Just don’t expect to hold foes in place with a grab. Generally, Mana Shield and the ease Kel has with protecting his Ghouls makes Kel a likely contender for the final two, and he does well in the final two generally what with his anti-minion nair.

Sho is the only one capable of interrupting Kel’s nair as he hides behind his Mana Shield with his aerial grab that goes through the superarmor (bair), though if he doesn’t have any minions up he may be willing to take some damage just to screw over Harbinger by watching his collectors die. Because of the threat of Sho grabbing him, Kel will generally only want to use nair when he’s at a high enough percentage to avoid being chain grabbed by Sho’s broken OOC chain grab. . .Or rather he would be afraid of it if it weren’t for the FFA setting/his Ghouls to knock him out of it. Since Harbinger is too defensive to target Kel that specifically, Sho is the only one who will consciously be attacking Kel that much to kill his lead, though Kel can just as well pressure him in return. . .And so long as Kel pressures Sho properly, Sho will struggle significantly to finish any of his laggier summons for heavy noise, much less in a FFA setting.

So seeing Sho is busy trying to bring down Kel, Harbinger has little reason to do it himself and can just contribute to the chaos through his fsmash so that the others/other summons/his summons can follow up on the stun. He’ll obviously be targeting Kel more, but from a distance/through minions it’s hard to target him over Sho. When Kel goes to do his nair, make sure you use your infinite range grab on him. . .Assuming Sho or one of Badman’s grabbable minions isn’t closer, which is highly likely. Even if they aren’t naturally in the way, Sho might intentionally come over to be a meat shield for Kel if you get too far in the lead. Kel’s nair screws over your collectors if you can’t interrupt it, but due to you not being targeted that much that hopefully shouldn’t be a large problem. . .Having a barrier to encourage the others to stay away from you is generally preferable to having husks (They’re incompatible due to husks destroying the barriers), as Kel can just hover out of the grab range of the husks and most of the summons are ungrabbable and thus immune to the Husks. Besides, a large chunk of what –is- grabbable is owned by Badman, and there’s no reason for you to waste your time with him.

Sho is generally likeliest to be the first to fall, as Kel and Harbinger’s durability is just too much stronger then Sho’s, and Sho’s noise summoning is simply too laggy to practically pull off regularly in a FFA for him to accomplish much of anything meaningful. Badman’s likely to –technically- survive to the final two due to Kel actually liking his presence what with his minions helping Kel’s Ghouls not do anything stupid/Badman’s minions being meat shields for Harbinger’s grab so he’s free to use nair to kill Harbinger’s collectors. Harbinger will want to go out of his way to kill off Badman considering it’s such an easy task, though he won’t want to expose himself that blatantly to the chaos by coming out to do that until Sho is dead, less he give Kel an even bigger lead by coming into Sho’s range, begging to be attacked (Badman’s minions also act as meat shields for Harbinger against Kel’s ranged attacks).

Generally Kel can get a lead on Harbinger before Badman goes down, but considering before Harbinger goes out to kill Badman he’ll have the lead Kel’s lead won’t be very significant. Husks are still fairly useless against Kel 1v1, but with Badman finally dead Harbinger’s collectors are fairly safe and Kel will have to use up a hell of a lot of mana to finish off Harbinger for good. Luckily for Kel, it’s pretty easy to keep a Meat Wagon up against Harbinger for a significant income of corpses, what with it being an ungrabbable summon and Harbinger always being at a range. Harbinger can use Side Special on it, but it’ll generally make a few corpses before Harbinger can take it out, and things get more complicated for Harbinger if the stage has platforms for Kel to put the Meat Wagon up on. If Kel has enough mana left over he can use nair to kill the remaining collectors guaranteed once Harbinger himself kicks the bucket, but it’s his most costly spell and he’ll struggle to do much of anything to the collectors while Harbinger’s still around. Kel’s slight lead before the match-up truly becomes 1 on 1 is what gives him the match-up, albeit narrowly.

Oh, and on Badman’s 0% chance to win, considering Kel is the one who likes him around, it’s likeliest it’ll be a 1 on 1 against Kel if Badman makes it to the final two, yes? Badman cannot hope to survive Kel’s nair, and during the FFA phase his ecosystem is utterly screwed.

^By Kholdstare. Unfinished CSS.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
MYM 7 - THE TOP 50

5. Super Macho Man [Hyper_Ridley] (h)(h)(h)(h)(h)(h)(h)(h)(h)(h)

13[/URL]. Silver [MarthTrinity] Should be 12 places higher ;)

25[/URL]. Spadefox [Hyper_Ridley] I consider this my best MYM7 set, but seeing it get the place that Silver's author usually make is kinda lulzy

34[/URL]. Jeff Hardy [TWILTHERO] Yay, Hardy![/FONT]​
This list needz moar Sableye.

Anways, needless to say I am VERY pleased to finally get a top 5 placing (that people can actually agree with). Next MYM, I sadly will probably only have 1-2 solo sets, since it's becoming difficult to make myself do these things.

BUT, I would still be happy to make joint sets with the lot of you! :3

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Planned MYM8 sets...
Rundas
Sylux
Admiral Ackbar
Shadow Queen (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Crystal King
Doopliss
Looking forward to Sylux (and Admiral Ackbar even if he's a joke set).

Jeff Hardy and Super Macho Man's placings are funky in my books. It's awesome to see The Predator up there for frf, and as for Chucky, Im rather surprised, but since I kind of like the character a little it's ok. First horror movie villain ever to get a Top 50 placing (But Pennywise deserves it way more. Even back in MYM6 Pennywise is still a much better set than Chucky ever will be).

Even though I do kind of agree with some of Warlord's qualms about the Top 50 (to which it actually makes me happy), some of the bashing does seem really harsh on some of the people. Especially with KK, who got his first placing in the Top 50. I see that Warlord and Rool have polar opposite feelings about Bomber. But I do believe that Bomber's position is well deserved (Im the only one who likes KK's fun writing style, which is waaayyyy better than bland wrtiting structure). But I don't really want to complain about the Top 50, cus otherwise I'd be a bit of a sore loser (keeping it to myself).

If I've learnt anything from this, it's that Rool and Warlord don't agree with each other. Should have realised from the in-thread arguments about Lunge and other stuff such as Smash Concepts.

Marioman19

Smash Rookie
I've added my plans to my signature: in case anyone is interested.

As for my sets in-progress: I've got most of their moves planned out but have only begun to write them up.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
If I've learnt anything from this, it's that Rool and Warlord don't agree with each other. Should have realised from the in-thread arguments about Lunge and other stuff such as Smash Concepts.
Amen to that. :ohwell:

EDIT: Anyways, can you guys please start Private Messaging me your moveset choices for "Super Smash Bros. Revolution" (that's the name for the game idea I had) soon, so I can start brainstorming on who to team up in the story mode? I don't want to choose them all, because then somebody's going to get pissed off at me if I do.
I'm going to pick a few of my favorites anyways, like Roy Mustang, Edward Elric (by Hyper_Ridley), Hades, etc.).

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Jolly old Warlord's got plenty of people to agree with him. MYM would be boring if we all agreed all the time, no? ;)

Agi

Smash Lord
You know... I'm absolutely shocked (and pleased) that Sheep Man placed third. I'd hoped for a Top Ten placing, maybe sixth at the best. Maybe there's something to this vote split thing after all.

Shika 28th? That was another surprise... I figured he'd been forgotten. Still, thanks to all those who voted him and Sheep Man. (loltwodayslate)

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Okay, MasterWarlord. I think you rock and all, but when it comes to Sandshrew, you're acting like a total jack@$$. WE GET THE FACT THAT YOU HATE HIM, ALREADY!! Sandshrew may suck, but that doesn't give you a right to put him and Plorf down every chance you get. He probably worked hard on that set. I can't speak for Plorf, but if you did that to some other people, they probably wouldn't want to make a moveset again. It's okay if you hate a moveset, but keep it to yourself after you write your review.

I'm sorry for the rant, Warlord. I respect you, but I felt that this needed to be said.

Smady

Smash Master
I was really happy about Shika as well, figured it was forgotten - deserved placing.

Warlord's ramblings are meaningless, best to ignore. Though those match-ups are very nice.

Not sure exactly how I jumped a page, but oh well.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Was expecting Jeff a tad higher, but 34th place is good enough i suppose. :cool: It's been like...3 MYMs since i've placed? Anyway, thanks for each and every single person that voted for him. He's probably my most favourite set of mine to date.

As for the future? Well expect Joshua from TWEWY, Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney series, and Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! Maybe one or 2 MYM 3/4 remakes as well...

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
SANDSHREW VS. SETH VS. ALUCARD VS. MONKEY D. LUFFY: 0/0/0/100​

Olololololololololololol

Moving on. . .

Before we go into anything, I’m probably going to have to educate you on these sets besides Alucard. Seth is very ironically an insanely underpowered character, Ganondorf with no power. Seth’s specials are decent and enable him to camp, but he has little KO potential and is still too laggy to do that much of anything. Sandshrew is similar to Seth in that he likes to hide. . .While he can hide better then Seth, he can’t do anything while he’s hiding. Granted, once he’s forced to come out of hiding he isn’t as INSANELY underpowered as Seth, but he’s still on par with the bottom 5 characters in Brawl or so, and that’s just not gonna cut it when he has to fight the overpowered god that is Monkey D. Luffy. I don’t think you quite understand how overpowered he is. . .Well, see, Onix, Mewtwo, and Envy had an orgy, and the result was Monkey D. Luffy. Yeah. He’s that goddamn insane.

So that leaves Alucard, who has a very –slight- chance of fighting Luffy 1 on 1. . .If he ever survives that long, that is. If Luffy for whatever reason takes this joke of a match-up seriously, he’s going to target Alucard, the biggest “threat”, and Alucard will struggle to resist due to his back constantly being under fire from Seth’s camping. Alucard’s back is nearly constantly exposed to –somebody- in a FFA setting. Alucard can try to hide and hope Luffy doesn’t take the insanely one sided MU seriously and kills the other two first, but considering it’s entirely 100% natural for the other two characters to hide, they generally outclass you at it and you’ll skip out a lot more trying to flee from Luffy’s reign of terror.
THIS is the reason I'm remaking Luffy. :laugh: Forget Meta Knight; LUFFY IS TEH OVAHPOWAHED KING!!! :laugh:

Smady

Smash Master
Smady's opinions on Warlord's ramblings are meaingless, as he is not a MYMer.
You must be mixing up making movesets with the creation of game-breaking mechanics, which I will graciously accept you excel at doing.

Oh hey, I can make generalisations too, lol.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
You must be mixing up making movesets with the creation of game-breaking mechanics, which I will graciously accept you excel at doing.

Oh hey, I can make generalisations too, lol.
Because your moveset quantity is entirely to up for debate, right?

While you're so clearly very knoweledgable on balance, what with your attacks that have 500 years of lag for no apparant reason. And even if your accusation were relevant, balance is entirely why Subaru is 6th.

Smady

Smash Master
Because your moveset quantity is entirely to up for debate, right?

While you're so clearly very knoweledgable on balance, what with your attacks that have 500 years of lag for no apparant reason. And even if your accusation were relevant, balance is entirely why Subaru is 6th.
Because quality is always second to quantity...

It's also hardly as bad a mistake to have slightly larger values than what we would like to think is perfectly balanced, compared to the Lucy maze and capture-the-flag mode. The suspension of disbelief surrounding entirely new modes is surely much greater than cutting some lag time.

Also not sure what you mean about Subaru. :embarrass

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Because quality is always second to quantity...
Because Vivi and Yamazaki are remembered for no other reason then being your only sets in those MYMs, Raiden was terrible, and Kaiser was -decent-. From your perspective, I assume Raiden clearly trumps the entirety of my lifelong career of MYMing? Don't even try to bring in that one moveset Silver made for you into the argument.

It's also hardly as bad a mistake to have slightly larger values than what we would like to think is perfectly balanced, compared to the Lucy maze and capture-the-flag mode. The suspension of disbelief surrounding entirely new modes is surely much greater than cutting some lag time.
Don't confuse unsmash and balance. Clearly I am not planning on wasting ideas on such a pathetic engine as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Also not sure what you mean about Subaru. :embarrass
Just using her as an example due to her being overpowered. That totally stopped everybody from loving that set, including me.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
And another huge argument between leaders is underway. :ohwell:

Don't confuse unsmash and balance. Clearly I am not planning on wasting ideas on such a pathetic engine as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
What's with everyone hating on Brawl? It's a really good game! Well, other than the small roster.

EDIT: And what are you talking about, everyone disliking Subaru? She was one of Darth Meanie's best sets! And anyways, most of our movesets are broken in one way or another.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman

What's with everyone hating on Brawl? It's a really good game! Well, other than the small roster.

EDIT: And what are you talking about, everyone disliking Subaru? She was one of Darth Meanie's best sets! And anyways, most of our movesets are broken in one way or another.
guise! it's cuz brawl duzunt hav WAAAAAAAAVEDASHING! and thar aar no CAHMBOES. what will we do without our CAHMBOES!?!

I was never much good at melee, and I actually enjoy Brawl. but in retrospect, it seems very bland now that I'm looking into some of these MYM sets. CURSE YOU SAKURAI!

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Meh Graphics and slow, clunkly, floaty, unbalnced, unskillful, graceless gameplay...now that really is hte making of a crappy game.

(For a good game play the wonderful title called "Melee")

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Joy of joys.

No, Neherzade, I'm not a Melee whore. I vastly prefer Brawl and I enjoy playing it, albeit that's not because of a lot of the terrible -design- (What we do here at MYM) choices. I'm just saying how much it limits the potential of MYM when we're forced to be "in-smash" when I'm bashing Brawl, essentially.

I was being sarcastic, as I was in a lot of those posts. Subaru's fantastic. I was using her as an example of balance not being a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom