• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 7 - It's Over, Nothing to See Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
I'm not going to say that you're right or wrong, dude, but I just had to point out that boasting (even light bragging) about your own sets comes off as a bit... you know?
Stop being so full of yourself. Seriously. It makes you sound like a total jerk
I'm sorry for acting like such a ******* lately. My parents put me on a new medication in order to make me go to sleep earlier, and I just went back to my old medication too, so that's probably the reason for my behavior (you have to admit that I wasn't like this at the beginning of the contest). I'll wait for myself to get used to the medications, or tell my parents to take me off of it.

I also did some thinking today (before I read the latest comments), and I realized that you guys are right. Luffy is a good beginner set, but he's definitely not Top 50 material. I'm sorry for bragging about him, but stop getting mad at Katapultar for liking my moveset. It's his own opinion, and he has a right to express it. But Katapultar, please start to focus on both the actual moves AND the extras.

Again, I am truly sorry. This won't happen again. Can you guys forgive me?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Umm...ok then. Extras don't necessarily make a moveset. However, neat elements and playstyles could make one great. Just saying. I forgive you

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Phew... I feel so relieved. :) But darksamus, when did I say that extras make a moveset?

Anyways, I've decided to take Darth Meanie's advice and remake Luffy sometime. I already have some good ideas in mind.
Focus on extras. That's what I got out of that. If you meant something else...just pointing that out is all.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
yay. no one loved me! I didn't expect to place or anything... at all! first time, and all. only one set... but really? did you REALLY not include UNOWN as a poke-set? :(

WHY!?! and why didn't I notice sooner? :mad:

I think being excluded is even more insulting than losing the vote... :/

EDIT: also not included as a One-hit wonder, though that is understandable since my set is recorded TWICE at the workshop due to the post-move. but that only makes me wonder more: how did you miss Unown's name TWICE! :confused:

And don't get me started that you recorded my name as a newcomer MYMer... without recording MY ONLY SET!?! :mad:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Slow down, dude. No other newcomer got their movesets into any other categories either...

n88

Smash Lord
@Neherazade

Chill. There's no money on the line, or anything. This is all intended as fun, and the MYM Awards, while fun, aren't really a big production. Silver probably just forgot to put your set on the list. Things like this happen from time to time. For instance, I lost the Best New Designer category in MYM6 to someone who was not actually a newcomer. There's a fair amount of moveset-related data to be sifted through here, so try to be a little tolerant. Just keep an eye out for anything along the same lines in MYM8, and you'll be golden.

@Monkey D.

No worries, I don't think too many people were really mad at you in the first place. All is forgiven.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
yay. no one loved me! I didn't expect to place or anything... at all! first time, and all. only one set... but really? did you REALLY not include UNOWN as a poke-set?
The awards do have mistakes that are messed up, like that time Wizzerd was placed as 'best newcomer' and 'most improved MYMer' on MYM5 Awards. Silver would probably fix the mistakes if we told him upon seeing them, but you're absolutely right; not being mentioned is worse than getting the lowest rank. Everyone should be mentioned in the best designer and MYM winner, and every set should be available for vote in best playstyle.

The awards need to be more carefully designed, though these mistakes will always keep on occuring. The awards are somewhat inaccurate.

Essentially ignorance is the ultimate insult. I know what it feels like.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
The awards do have mistakes that are messed up, like that time Wizzerd was placed as 'best newcomer' and 'most improved MYMer' on MYM5 Awards. Silver would probably fix the mistakes if we told him upon seeing them, but you're absolutely right; not being mentioned is worse than getting the lowest rank. Everyone should be mentioned in the best designer and MYM winner, and every set should be available for vote in best playstyle.

The awards need to be more carefully designed, though these mistakes will always keep on occuring. The awards are somewhat inaccurate.

oh well... live and learn.

If mistakes are made, that's life. no fault there. but i should've noticed myself (since I did vote in both those categories).

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
I missed the fact that Abomasnow wasn't on the list of Pokemon movesets too. So you're not alone.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I -PERSONALLY- think that everyone needs to chill out a bit about the MYM Awards. Silver is just one person who does these awards for fun and for the general amusement of everyone in MYM. He's not -OBLIGATED- to do them and he's not obligated to include everyone in every category. That being said, I know for a fact that Silver is the kind of guy who, if you were to PM him asking to be included in a category, would -GLADLY- include you in there. Like I said, he's one person and it's -VERY- easy for one person to make a few oversights, if you think something's wrong with the awards, a friendly PM before the voting is too far along would easily fix it up.

I know for a fact that Silver would not neglect to include someone on purpose in a category as he's not that kind of person. I know it can be hard not to be acknowledge, but getting upset won't change it. Besides, the MYM awards are purely for fun.

Keep in mind that -EACH AND EVERY- MYMer is recognized for their efforts. I personally acknowledge and respect each and every person who is willing to put some time and effort into their movesets and most of all have fun with it.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
But of course MT! Silver is a cool guy and we all like him. I really don't care at all about Abomasnow being or not being in the MYM awards.

It's just as much my fault for not catching it. If anything I was just trying to point out that it was a simple mistake, but I can see how it came off as whining.

I'm sorry Silver. (A)

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
I -PERSONALLY- think that everyone needs to chill out a bit about the MYM Awards. Silver is just one person who does these awards for fun and for the general amusement of everyone in MYM. He's not -OBLIGATED- to do them and he's not obligated to include everyone in every category. That being said, I know for a fact that Silver is the kind of guy who, if you were to PM him asking to be included in a category, would -GLADLY- include you in there. Like I said, he's one person and it's -VERY- easy for one person to make a few oversights, if you think something's wrong with the awards, a friendly PM before the voting is too far along would easily fix it up.

I know for a fact that Silver would not neglect to include someone on purpose in a category as he's not that kind of person. I know it can be hard not to be acknowledge, but getting upset won't change it. Besides, the MYM awards are purely for fun.

Keep in mind that -EACH AND EVERY- MYMer is recognized for their efforts. I personally acknowledge and respect each and every person who is willing to put some time and effort into their movesets and most of all have fun with it.
wow. I read the first few lines... and I realized what you are saying.

I guess I'm still kinda miffed... but I have a new-found respect for Silver. I thought the MYM awards were just a tradition he picked up voluntarily (like the story modes) but if he started the thing! if he chooses to spend his time hunting down our sets and making those lists... respect. Keep it up, silver!

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Erk. Sorry. Had I known about the missing UNOWN I would've spoken up.
Butyeah, everybody needs to stop for a moment, chillax and take a moment to smell the roses. Everybody's getting pretty worked up about this whole thing and I don't think it's very constructive.

Awesome: Monkey D might not have been the pinnacle set for a newcomer, but then again, it shows something about half the sets don't: personality. I read it and felt like I knew more about the actual character more than I did some other sets (I'm looking at you, Pokemon movement). It showed how to use extras well, rather than as a tacked-on addition. It's not enough to make a set fantastic on it's own, but if you combine it with the skill of one of the veterans, it'd make a set sublime. As it is, it makes an okay set quite good and easy to read.

But maybe I'm a little sentimental. I'd like to see more characters in Brawl, not just more fighters.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Hmm, hope I didn't sound too upset there as that wasn't my intention at all, I just hate to see everyone so upset over something that's purely for fun. Every MYMer puts in a worthy effort in MYM and every MYMer deserves a hardy congrats once a MYM is done.

Thus. . .congrats to everyone who participated in MYM7!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Previewing set, accidentally hit submit x_x

As long as I'm here though, thanks to everyone who voted for my Strangelove for best playstyle. I was rather surprised it beat Doppelori. Of course, the rest of the MYM awards reveals how much I've fallen with only a couple sets and less comments than in previous MYMs. Hopefully I'll be able to step up my game next MYM.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Previewing set, accidentally hit submit x_x
You know, I honestly can't say I've ever done that. :urg:

MT, there is an italicizing feature on SWF, remember? Underlining, too. No need for messy hyphen overuse. ;) Your point is spot on, though.

As for including everyone in everything, as Katapultar says, I'm not really convinced. What I think would be the most fun would be if everyone could send in votes out of everyone and from those Silver would compile lists of about five nominees in each category - then everyone votes again, but this time only choosing from those five. Maybe ranking them, with points scored decreasing as you go down the list? A system like this might take longer (I'm sure you'd be up for it, Silver!) but it'd get rid of these annoying little quibbles and make getting nominated in the first place kinda cool. Bit of an honour, y'know?

Or maybe I'm just babbling again. I guess that's why I'm stepping down as a leader after this contest I feel terrible saying that after you all voted me Best Leader -_-

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

You want those tapes I made for you?

Not until I see those MYM Award nominees pummeled to dust, which should be any moment now...

It's that time most of you...or some of you have been waiting for! It's the results of the MYM Awards!!!

Best Moveset Designer
Kholdstare 1 vote

Best Pokemon Moveset
2) Sandslash by Kholdstare 8 votes

Best “___ Movement” Moveset (that isn’t a Pokemon)
Axel by Kholdstare 3 votes

Best Playstyle
Sandslash by Kholdstare 2 votes
Axel by Kholdstare 1 vote

Funniest Moveset
3) Dodongo by Kholdstare 6 votes

Most Improved Designer
3) Kholdstare 3 votes

Funniest MYMer
1) Kholdstare 7 votes

THE WINRAR OF MYM7 IS…..OH SH- WE HAVE 2 WINRARS =O
Kholdstare 1 vote

Yes! Yes! This is delicious!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
yay. no one loved me! I didn't expect to place or anything... at all! first time, and all. only one set... but really? did you REALLY not include UNOWN as a poke-set? :(

WHY!?! and why didn't I notice sooner?

I think being excluded is even more insulting than losing the vote... :/

EDIT: also not included as a One-hit wonder, though that is understandable since my set is recorded TWICE at the workshop due to the post-move. but that only makes me wonder more: how did you miss Unown's name TWICE! :confused:

And don't get me started that you recorded my name as a newcomer MYMer... without recording MY ONLY SET!?! :mad:
Slow down, dude. No other newcomer got their movesets into any other categories either...
@Neherazade

Chill. There's no money on the line, or anything. This is all intended as fun, and the MYM Awards, while fun, aren't really a big production. Silver probably just forgot to put your set on the list. Things like this happen from time to time. For instance, I lost the Best New Designer category in MYM6 to someone who was not actually a newcomer. There's a fair amount of moveset-related data to be sifted through here, so try to be a little tolerant. Just keep an eye out for anything along the same lines in MYM8, and you'll be golden.
I missed the fact that Abomasnow wasn't on the list of Pokemon movesets too. So you're not alone.
@everyone: Yes, I missed both Unown & Abomasnow Remix. But you have to remember that these are completely unofficial awards, and I'm not obligated to include every single set in the awards, a right I do exercise (thus why Lucario Remix is nowhere to be found in the pokemon category). As for best mechanic/best playstyle I only include sets that I think people would actually vote for. It can turn out a little biased sometimes, but I do my best to be impartial. Another issue is that I usually post a rough draft of the awards a little before the moveset submission deadline, so MYMers can point out omissions before I create the final version. I wasn't able to do that due to school & other MYM obligations, so the list's accuracy suffered a bit. For categories like best pokeset/one-hit wonder & stuff like that, I would've been happy to include anyone who asked to be included. :)

& to address n88's post, its very hard to determine who's a newcomer & who isn't. If they posted one overlooked moveset in a previous MYM, then they aren't a newcomer. For example, Apemasta' , who won best newcomer in MYM6, had posted one very forgettable set in MYM5. So mistakes in that category are easy to make.

& thank you MT, for giving everyone chill PEELZ.

As for including everyone in everything, as Katapultar says, I'm not really convinced. What I think would be the most fun would be if everyone could send in votes out of everyone and from those Silver would compile lists of about five nominees in each category - then everyone votes again, but this time only choosing from those five. Maybe ranking them, with points scored decreasing as you go down the list? A system like this might take longer (I'm sure you'd be up for it, Silver!) but it'd get rid of these annoying little quibbles and make getting nominated in the first place kinda cool. Bit of an honour, y'know?
[/color]
Gonna have to agree with Rool here. Including everyone in the same format I use currently would just make the voting process very long & tedious for both me & voters. To be perfectly honest, I was thinking of abolishing the MYM awards next contest, but the system Rool's suggesting seems like it'd be a lot easier on me. I wouldn't have to scroll down the whole list of movesets to make my own nominations, I'd just have to count votes & organize lists of the top 5 in each category. :bee:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Bad new guys. My laptop is break. D:

I don't know if they can fix it or not. I hope so. Right now I'm confined to the school computers for contact with you guys, but I'll update you as it goes along.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

I don't know if they can fix it or not. I hope so. Right now I'm confined to the school computers for contact with you guys, but I'll update you as it goes along.
Ouch, sorry about your luck, man :(

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Is this the place to create characters for Brawl?
Yeah, this is Make Your Move! We're just wrapping up our seventh contest, and assembling a Top 50 of movesets entered here. The next contest should start in a new thread within a couple of weeks. In any case, welcome.

I strongly recommend that until the next contest start you look at some of the past movesets from previous contests to give you ideas and inspiration for any sets you might want to make next time, especially the movesets that make the Top 50.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
DM, he may have been asking if this is an actual project intent on creating actual characters to implement in Smash-- in which case no, this is simply movesets for character you think would be fun to play as. But if you're not interested in the hacking side of it, then welcome aboard, LycorisalKnight!

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
The current welcoming conversation reminded me of an idea for a thread I've been thinking about lately (By the way, a warm welcome to MYM, Lycorisal). What about a Smash Bros. game where everyone currently in Brawl is scrapped, and the best of MYM is put in? There could be Roy Mustang, Super Macho Man, Ryuk, Sloth, Dingodile, Chef Kawaski, Jafar, Doctor Strangelove..... You should get the idea by now. The full roster will probably include more than 70 characters, a huge improvement over Brawl.
And NO, Luffy is not among them. His remake might be though, which is why I'm going to wait a while before doing this.
There would also be a large story mode, which I'll write up.

So, what do you guys think? If you like it, you could PM me some ideas for characters you would like included. Please include the links for them, though (because finding some of them can be real hell).

Marioman19

Smash Rookie
As fun as a real MYM game would be, over 70 characters would be...ridiculous.

I'd say narrow it down to 45, 50 at most. Get all current MYMers to submit one or two of their movesets and if that doesn't fill up enough slots, pull from the top 50 in each contest.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
The current welcoming conversation reminded me of an idea for a thread I've been thinking about lately (By the way, a warm welcome to MYM, Lycorisal). What about a Smash Bros. game where everyone currently in Brawl is scrapped, and the best of MYM is put in? There could be Roy Mustang, Super Macho Man, Ryuk, Sloth, Dingodile, Chef Kawaski, Jafar, Doctor Strangelove..... You should get the idea by now. The full roster will probably include more than 70 characters, a huge improvement over Brawl.
And NO, Luffy is not among them. His remake might be though, which is why I'm going to wait a while before doing this.
There would also be a large story mode, which I'll write up.

So, what do you guys think? If you like it, you could PM me some ideas for characters you would like included. Please include the links for them, though (because finding some of them can be real hell).
We obviously don't have the ability to make that game, but if you want to make a story mode, they've been part of Make Your Move for a while now. They've just fallen out of popularity recently. Feel free to make one if you want.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
As fun as a real MYM game would be, over 70 characters would be...ridiculous.

I'd say narrow it down to 45, 50 at most. Get all current MYMers to submit one or two of their movesets and if that doesn't fill up enough slots, pull from the top 50 in each contest.
Yeah, 50 or so characters was my original idea before I thought of how many great movesets there are. But you're right, 70 is too much. Thanks for telling me.

And DM, I know we can't really make this game (it SUCKS, though). It's just a fun idea, though.

In other news, I'm stopped making Raichu for now. Don't worry; he will be in MYM8. I just have some really good ideas for this one. Here's a little hint for who it is:

Giant. Chicken. Fight.

Try to guess, if you can! :chuckle:

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
sorry for the double post

That sucks. You're lucky you can get on this website at your school. Mine blocks off everything as innappropriate, and the sad thing is that it's one of the best parts about my crappy school. :(

Katapultar

Smash Lord
The game mode sounded like a pretty good idea. Im sure you only meant for it to be an imaginary game like MYM right? :)

I once had my own idea for a game. It involved MYMers picking out a character they favoured (such as their favourite anime character) and placing it together with everyone else's favourite. Of course, not everyone would want to particapate. And then it could be a story mode. Or such.

But instead of JUST great movesets, why not take in ideas from EVERY MYMer's greatest set. If they're not around that doesn't mean they would miss out. Fun that would be fun.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I thought I should probably update you threadgoers on exactly what's going on right now.
We're almost ready to post up MYM7's Top50 list. It has taken us longer than we would have liked, but it should be up either Monday or Tuesday.

And even though it has nothing to do with us leaders, we apologise for all the Gateway errors people have been having when trying to view the forums. Let's hope they stop before MYM8 starts up, aye?

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Thanks for the comment, but could you explain it a little more? It sounded the same to me.
Sorry. What I meant to say was that we could use 1 moveset from everyone, which would be their greatest set. Even those who aren't around in MYM anymore could still have their best set chosen (though if that were to happen there would be some form of debate).

Essentially just about every MYMer gets 1 of their sets in, no more, no less.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Sorry. What I meant to say was that we could use 1 moveset from everyone, which would be their greatest set. Even those who aren't around in MYM anymore could still have their best set chosen (though if that were to happen there would be some form of debate).

Essentially just about every MYMer gets 1 of their sets in, no more, no less.
That's a lot like what Marioman said. I say let's do that, but with 2 movesets per MYMer (3 for the leaders). And if that doesn't lead to about 50, I'll choose some more. You guys can start PMing me your movesets anytime! :)

LycorisalKnight

Smash Rookie
Does the contest start right after the results of this contest go up?

To make this post not seem so awkwardly short. I'm going to write a set for the Magic Knight, it is the person my signatuare and avatar. I'm going for a more elemental boost theme.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Does the contest start right after the results of this contest go up?
Nay. We generally have a break between MYMs, and I have a feeling this one will probably be among the longer ones so that there's some actual movesets to be posted when the thread starts.

Top 50 should be up very soon, quite possibly later today.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
There's usually a bit of a buffer; I'd say at least a week before MYM8 starts, probably more. Even then, there's no reason to rush a moveset, the contest lasts for 4 months, so take your time.

Smady

Smash Master
It's generally more like three months, this one has been longer than previous ones. I would hope MYM8 to be shorter, because MYM7 was only longer out of necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom