• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "The Power of One" ~ Vid Channel links 1st post + Montage by Dekar

What days are you attending?

• Total voters

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll MM you for 5 dollars Syke. I can afford to part with 5 :p

And wow Cao you're so disrespectful. I'll MM you anyway though.
what are you talking about lol (as soon as cao picks bowser or pichu all of a sudden he's disrespectful) -- well im sorry peach is BORING! :p

and for the record, im more keen to do mms i know im going to lose in... not interesting otherwise

so meh... lost the drive to even do this mm now -- retracted.

that reminds me i owe a' $5

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
what are you talking about lol (as soon as cao picks bowser or pichu all of a sudden he's disrespectful) -- well im sorry peach is BORING! :p

and for the record, im more keen to do mms i know im going to lose in... not interesting otherwise

so meh... lost the drive to even do this mm now -- retracted.

that reminds me i owe a' $5

so that's why you accepted the ike peach mm lol

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I must have a virus or something. This tummy bug has been making me unhappy since Sunday, and this is the third straight day of work I've missed. It might be a virus going around since my brother had it last week, and my gf says she saw a line of about 20 people into the doctors in Crestmead on Monday morning.

Going to the doctors tomorrow.

I should be okay to host the tournament. But if not, I've got Hotdog on standby.

Attila_

BRoomer
i thought i had gastro over christmas, but it turned out to be something much worse; i'd suggest going to the doctor sooner rather than later. gastro doesn't hang around for three days.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
gastro lasted in me for two weeks though. but it's not contagious unless you have poor hygeine

Attila_

BRoomer
normal gastro most definitely shouldn't hang around that long. anything longer than 2 days normally is caused by bacteria, rather than a virus, which should be treated with antibiotics, rather than time.

that's what the doc said, anyway.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
what are you talking about lol
oh hey ted, I'll totally money match you with a trash character that really should never win a match ever, and you MIGHT have a chance, a very slim one at that, at winning.

thats what he's talking about.

zApollo

Smash Ace
*Attila

athletics coach. i'm a sprinter.

and i'll be playing brawl friendlies for most of sunday. mms too :D
I hated being a sprinter for school aths, all that strength training until you puked wasn't my kind of thing. I'd rather just have a casual run around the block and be done with it.

I'll also bring money for mmMMs on sat/sunday.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oh hey ted, I'll totally money match you with a trash character that really should never win a match ever, and you MIGHT have a chance, a very slim one at that, at winning.

thats what he's talking about.
yeah but it can't even beat even beat good players and i played pichu against EVERYONE in the last melbourne event. i'm sorry, but how can i be disrespectful if i vouched for ted in the players choice awards as one of the best emerging players to come out? there's no point in me playing pichu if it's going to be interpreted as me playing for the wrong reasons -- ie to take the piss out of someone

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey guys, sorry to disappoint (Attila especially, I owe you for pulling your heart strings back and forward) but I won't be coming.

Been pretty unwell for the past few days with migraines. Travelling out of state and not sleeping/eating well + 16ish hours infront of tvs a day would really only exasperate it.

Sad I won't be going, hope everyone has fun.

Attila_

BRoomer
I hated being a sprinter for school aths, all that strength training until you puked wasn't my kind of thing. I'd rather just have a casual run around the block and be done with it.

I'll also bring money for mmMMs on sat/sunday.
when you're good at it, it's actually really fun lol. besides, good pain is amazing.

Hey guys, sorry to disappoint (Attila especially, I owe you for pulling your heart strings back and forward) but I won't be coming.

Been pretty unwell for the past few days with migraines. Travelling out of state and not sleeping/eating well + 16ish hours infront of tvs a day would really only exasperate it.

well this kinda sucks.

and now i really look stupid for ditching corpse. anyone wanna team?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
what's like the good train station to get off from airport
brisbane central?

Zxv

Smash Lord
Who still needs a team partner for Brawl? Foxy (a.k.a. the best TL main in NSW) still needs a partner.

He is amazing at Doubles, too. You'll easily win.

Also, he's from NSW so you know he's amazing.

And he lives 10 minutes away from Ted.

And he's really tall (taller than the Perth guys)

And he's really good at fencing.

S.D

Smash Master
APL runs QBS league games at taverns and hotels, I usually play at Chatwood hills or Acacia Ridge with mates of mine from school. We all started when we turned 18 because we sort of started a league of our own for south brisbane.

Top 15% on leaderboards done monthly or atleast 1 top 3 finish go to state comps, which are also registered under APL.

I didn't make it in this year because I have been too busy, and they are held monthly so in some cases I have played smash instead. Some games run over Saturday & Sunday so you have to be pretty committed. The qualifying finals for regionals are actually starting this weekend at 1pm on Saturday, so if I showed up and got better than 3rd I might still make it haha.
APL sucks though lol nah I just have a huge issue with the quality of poker at APL, being free to enter and all.
Yeah APL does blow in local circles.

That being said I still go to their stuff to qualify for satellites and poker tour.

And lol at finding it hard to top leaderboards - I won my region by double second place last quarter XD

Remastered

Smash Lord
@ S.D and Aussierob123 - Yeh, I honestly prefer to play in tournaments with mates hosting (or host them myself). That's sort of why I haven't played much through the year gone. Ring tournaments are good for a cheap buck too, but you don't see the big hands that make it exciting like in tournament sets.

Depending on your region there can be a lot of people in it, which I think is why it doesn't take much to make top because they don't expect people to do well consecutively lol, and why they have the 1 top 3 finish rule to apply for state haha.

I play with some really good players now and again in a ring set, so if your down this way and keen for a challenge with possibly some of the best in QLD, PM me and I'll get you along to it.

*will let thread get back on topic now*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

he's lying! i know the real reason he's not going... i think... :9 can't beleive attila would ditch corpse though, a shaya/attila combination is a much easier combination to set up

tibs7

Smash Champion
attila was dogged pretty badly haha.
such a jewish act by shaya.

aw well have fun everyone :)

Attila_

BRoomer
Shay was my n1gger so I figured I'd team with him, but then he dogged me. So I gave up teaming with corpse for nothing :'(

Top Bottom