• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "From the Ashes" at ACL Sydney!!! 2nd and 3rd of July!!!

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Yeah sounds failsafe zxv :)
I know this is going to sound bad but I think that that was my brawl case, i have the disk so it doesnt matter that much....

Oh and ted i got in the 13th range in brawl singles.....

Throwback

Smash Lord
Damn I had so much fun at the tourney. Big shoutouts to Ted & Scoot for owning me & being nice about it. Huge shoutout to testikills for going one step further than that and actually being fun to learn from (mvc3). Also thanks to everyone who I played in friendlies, and a shoutout to Elizabeth for being cool & also for catering.

Definitely glad I made the trip.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
**** I should have gone and done well in Melee, need to beat Gords.

But my parents were visiting from Townsville, couldn't get away.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
No you didn't.

Unless you didn't actually lose to Pat and that went down as a mistake, you got 17th. :p
it went, win against enemy, lose to leash, lose to pat........

that means that i wont be in the same ranking as Enemy but the one above him doesnt it? Thats my logic, oh and the fact that when i left the incomplete results said i was 13th.......

patv

Smash Journeyman
U beat enemy at the start but he may have went as well as u in losers

:phone:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
so yeah, this tourney went a lot better than expected, both in terms of attendance and my overall performance. it's nice to meet loads of new people! :D

quick shoutouts:

ted - good **** for running this.
ricky - we ****. better than armada+taj.
leish - was great seeing you again, we should team next time. don't feel bad about rob, happy-face it up. :D
pat - you are the man.
pogo - nice meeting you, sorry we couldn't play more.
enemy - good stuff in amateur bracket, sorry about giving you bad matchups. >:
invisi - you've got potential, hopefully we'll see you more.
rad - you're better than you think you are, give yourself more credit.
gords - you are also better than you think you are, stop raging.
ikill - afkjghsrdjhbgaoygragusdtghk
dave - asrdoihufarlgbgrlystgoiyg
stereo - next time....
luke - was good to see you again dude.
rest of act - best in act! nice catching up with y'all.
shaya - you're a boss.
zxv - thx for putting up with my demands man.
scoot - had a lot of fun hanging out with you, wish I got to play you in bracket. >:
elizabeth - good **** not coming last! :D ..also the food was amazing.
everyone else - didn't talk to you much/at all but you're all fantastic from what I observed, that includes you new people. :3

swordsaint

Smash Master
Tedeth - Too good as always. I feel like I've tried everything and nothing works. I guess it's time to get back to putting effort in to taking down that Wario of yours. You owe me $5 for the V. lol.
Shaya - Get better. GG's man. You seemed really rusty, definitely weren't as safe or smooth as you usually are. GJ losing to EA.
M - So if you stick around, should srsly consider finding a character to stick with already lol. Even in the bad matchups.
Zxv - Maybe with Snake you could've beaten Shaya. Next time hey? GG's as well, I was worried after you picked Snake against me, and even more worried when I lost the second game. In the end I was playing solid though, but I think Snake/Peach will be your best bets all around.
Patv - Beat Luke, that's sweet bro, even if he was a bit rusty. I heard something about you finally getting PR'd after this tournament? Long time coming.
EA - Champ. Shaya, Scrub.
Leish - good seeing you again, you just gotta stop letting those nerves get on top of you.
Rad - Long hair. Nice.
ACT: Cheers for coming up. GG's Julian. And fun friendlies Isaac.
New people: Good meeting you all. Invisi def has some potential there, and Enemy/Charlie, don't feel too bad if you don't think you did well. Keep coming to stuff and you'll surely get better 100%.
Elizabeth: Thanks for the food and drink. Free food def made ACL awesome. :D

Overall: Better, more fun tournament than I was expecting. Hope the new guys stick around.

People who didn't go: Obviously don't know what's good for em.

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

Ted: Good job running this. Also good game. I cant believe i was actually winning at one point.
Shaya: Play DeDeDe more please. I prefer that matchup
Ricky: Jiggs and Mewtwo are gay
EA: Fun matches. I hate having to play as campy as i did, but IC's scare me. I also watched your match against Dave, it was heartbreaking.
Leish: Thanks for the sticker. I also watched your match against Dave, it too, was heartbreaking.
ZXV: I just realized i didn't play you at all
Pat: Falco>Diddy ^_^
Rad: Fun catching up
Stereo: We got it next time.
Luke/ACT: Fun games in melee doubles
Testi: Really funny guy. I enjoyed talking to you. Hopefully you can teach me to be better at Marvel
New People: Although i got to play none you, i hope you had fun and continue to come to tournaments

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think I'm still in pain due to the fact I was so fail, I managed to stuff a grab and roll in front of a snake F-smash lul. That was the moment when my heart asploded and emo mode kicked in. FFFFFFFFFFFfff.

Oh well, at least doubles wasnt too bad =P. Thats what I get for not playing the game in 3 months.

Anyway shoutouts.

Ricky: Sorry for being completely terribad in teams. I found it too freaking hard to adjust to brawl again. Still got second though. <3 you.

Ted: Thanks for the tournament dude. Turned out super awesome. =)

Shaya: Thanks for letting us stay over. Saved us alot of trouble, Although I think ricky didnt sleep because of me moving around + Teds snores.

Scott: Stop cheating in smash. >=( lol I can only stand at chance with planking. -waves 2 dollar coin at you- bahwhahaha

EA: Sorry we didnt team and stuff. Ricky wanted practise for reloaded so, Next time for sure =) Good work defeating shaya aswell.

Rad: I was proud of you, did so well in your matches. keep it up and you'll start doing amazing ^_^.

Ikill: Lol, you got to witness my heart shatter when I played Dave in bracket. =P Good **** agaisnt Ted though, was hoping you'd take the set. Getting better now =)!

Enemy: pretty cool guy, Hope I'll see you again sometime. I enjoied our lil convo and such :3

Charlie/Fishy: Yay! Another female smasher! Lol about time. Hope you keep coming to tournaments, try not to get too discouraged, its all mostly for fun anyways. <3

Dave: :(:(:(:( Wtf too good. Sorry for being super emo and such, I lost my last thread of hope after rolling into a snake F-smash lmao. I gotta stop trying to take snake head on like a moron too. xD. Nice work too, best in ACT by far. I kinda hoped you listened to everyone else and went peach. ffffffff.

Pat: We had some fun friendlies while i talked about random **** happening to me in the past, was afraid to get you in the brawl bracket since we have uber close matches. ._.

Gords: thanks for putting up with my smash emo state plus helping me understand some pokemon stuff i never knew about. Hope you enjoy all the pokedex 3d stuff :3

Stereo: Sorry for the rob huggles attack in bracket. I was ****ting myself about snake actually, but you didnt choose him thankgod xD. better luck next time though.

Zxv: Good stuff winning both doubles events, Me and ricky need to use better characters... lulz

Elizabeth: Thanks for all the awesome food, you're the best =)

Testikills: Was nice to see you again, good work ****** marvel again! Hopefully you can win next time :3

Invisi: Holy ****, pretty good for a new smasher. Ill have to watch out when playing you, Im a bit worried =P. Hope you stick around, pit is annoying to fight xD.

Pogo: Got to meet you finally, sorry I didnt get many games with you. Maybe sometime this week if ricky feels like smash or something.

Pogos friend(sorry I forgot your name/tag): It was pretty funny watching you two rage at eachother in doubles. Dont worry, you'll both improve if you keep up at it :)

Luke: hiii again! Was cool seeing you again, was worried act wouldnt show but im glad you all did =] Gotta make an act trip again sometime.

ROB: I hate you but I love you. Why Cant I drop this character even though he gives me soo much pain?!? T~T. Well being bad aswell doesnt help. lol

I think thats everyone, but ill edit if i missed someone =w=

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:
Ted: thanks for the tourney it was awesome. Still find you the hardest to verse in melee
Zxv: I like marth dittos :p
ikills: Stoked that we made losers finals, sad that we didnt make grand finals. WE WERE SO CLOSE!
pat: See above^ except i have to say HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
EA: out melee matches were sooo close, i think that marth random f-smash made me win, lucky. good to see you man.....
Gords: Ahhhhhhh that set :l oh well it was close. Wish i hadnt ended it by SDing though.
leash and M: Good to see you both, family maccas meals all the way!
Elizabeth: Way too much inuendo for my innocent mind. :) But thanks for all the food....
Rad: I seriously think you are an alternate version of me that still plays mostly brawl :p Some of the new people thought that we were brothers.
New people: You guys are pretty cool, hope you enjoyed yourselves and be keen to catch up with y'all again.
Turtle: Good to see you bro, ive learned a lot from you about the game but really above all your just good to chill with.
Shaya: We need to catchup, didnt really get to at the tourney

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
because he cant beat me on that stage ;)
pretty sure i've beaten you on that stage before :p
I'd say you have the slight edge on it though, at the very least.

It's mostly getting gayed by utilts.
That match I played against you I got utilted by you at like 140% with dedede and barely moved. Felt good man.

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
Was Nice to catch up with all the people I know down there and to meet new people. Apologies to Invisi I didn't know that was your first Tournament, maybe shouldn't have stuffed around I guess, I only entered because Ted told me I had to. Good job for knowing all the the rules though, rules are important. My counter almost worked against you ikill (ok not really), I think that custom stage would be actually decent if there wasn't so much space underneath. Special shoutouts to the people who gave me shoutouts on a smash forum when i only played two sets all weekend

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Anyone have the link to the main ACL fourm? I think I've lost my camera at the event and it could be in lost property... (highly doubt it, probably was pinched on the spot -_-) It was a black camera with a xatu pokemon sticker on it. Brand was sony. Ugh, I hope I just forgot it and its at home somewhere...=/

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I've been capped, will upload Brawl stuff on 22nd.

Ted has the Melee stuff.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
You guys should just to the tour next time.

Best of all stages in a row, from top left to bottom right. You pick one character the start and have to stick with that.

Get on it son

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yeah major cbf on my part, no johns. Anyway here they are, not that anyone cares anymore:

Scoot v Zxv (W.Semis) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtUe7O1RlgE
Ted v Scoot (W.Finals) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo0b8vXab6o
Shaya v Zxv (L.Quarters) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuzhk0LmWkM
M v Dave (L.Quarters) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80c9naIKMT8
Shaya v M (L.Semis) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UZM5d6_I9o
Scoot v Shaya (L.Finals) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrjdmWiQY3k
Ted v Scoot (G.Finals) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7P_oyqQnUA

Sorry about crappy encoding & cutoffs at some parts. Nothing I can do about it, it wasn't recorded with my stuff.

Also, other randomish notes: For some reason they removed the video time limit on my account despite me having zero upload activity. Not complaining though, it made the process a bit easier, and let me do things like link to parts of the video for quick navigation (see descriptions). Also, I recommend paying attention to the webcam part, there are some funny moments including but not limited to an awkward scoot hug and gords staring weirdly at the screen for like a minute straight.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I only got the stuff Shaya recorded, if doubles was recorded then Ted would have that.

Top Bottom