• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maharba's Battle Royale 2!!!

Sync.

Smash Champion
Maharba's Battle Royal 2
The Dark Gathering

Yo my based sons this tourney is gonna be hype as hell! We getting diverse with this tourney as this is a new houston series that will be ran by me, Maharba. The rules are going to be different compared to other tournies in tx and it is also different in that this tourney is capped at 24 people as this will be at our house. Thus this tournament is by rsvp only. please PM sync or myself (preferaby sync) to let us know you want to come. when the roster is full i will post who the 24 people are who can come this time around. Also we will be having free UMVC3 and P4A tournies at night as well as poker for those who wanna chillax afterwords.

Time: 12:00pm-unholy hours of the night
Venue Fee: $7
Brawl Singles entry: $10
Brawl Doubles entry: $10 ($5 per person)
UMVC3: free tourney
Persona4Arena: free tourney
After Hours poker: after/during other games. Information TBA at tourney

Brawl Singles Rules:

Metaknight is legal.
Timer is 8 mins.
stock count is 3.
Best 2 out 3 (3 out 5 finals)
A loser is defined as someone who's stocks are reduced to 0 first or one who has less stocks and/or higher damage percent when the game says time.
If DDD, kirby, bowser, or ganondorf commit a suicide move and it is successful, the character who successfully initiated the suicide move wins regardless of what the end screen says. any problems that arise will be settled at TO's discretion.
Metaknight has a lgl of 30 on all stages including norfair.
port order is decided by rock paper scissors.

Brawl Doubles Rules:
Metaknight is BANNED
port order is 1221. port order is decided by rock paper scissors.
team with most stocks and/or least percent at the end of the game is the winner.

Neutral Stages:
SV
BF
FD
PKS1
YI:B
Lylat Cruise
green greens

Counter Pick Stages:
Castle Siege
Norfair
Delphino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pirate Ship
PKS2

Neutral Striking order is 2,3,1.

When counterpicking, the winner of the previous round gets 2 stage bans. The winner is also locked into his character until he loses.

UMVC3:
Bo5 (Bo7 finals)
99 second timer
duh

P4A:
Bo3 (Bo5 finals)
99 second timer
duh

Any and all discrepancies are decided and settled by the TO.

It's Party Times With Maharba!

THAT'S ME

Zucco

Smash Master
U mean 12:00 am? Pm is noon not unholy hours

Players shud get 4-5 ban selections

:phone:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Maharba's Battle Royal 2
The Dark Gathering

Yo my based sons this tourney is gonna be hype as hell! We getting diverse with this tourney as this is a new houston series that will be ran by me, Maharba. The rules are going to be different compared to other tournies in tx and it is also different in that this tourney is capped at 24 people as this will be at our house. Thus this tournament is by rsvp only. please PM sync or myself (preferaby sync) to let us know you want to come. when the roster is full i will post who the 24 people are who can come this time around. Also we will be having free UMVC3 and P4A tournies at night as well as poker for those who wanna chillax afterwords.

Time: 12:00pm-unholy hours of the night
Brawl Singles entry: $10
Brawl Doubles entry: $10 ($5 per person)
UMVC3: free tourney
Persona4Arena: free tourney
After Hours poker: after/during other games. Information TBA at tourney

Brawl Singles Rules:

Metaknight is legal.
Timer is 8 mins.
stock count is 3.
Best 2 out 3 (3 out 5 finals)
A loser is defined as someone who's stocks are reduced to 0 first or one who has less stocks and/or higher damage percent when the game says time.
If DDD, kirby, bowser, or ganondorf commit a suicide move and it is successful, the character who successfully initiated the suicide move wins regardless of what the end screen says. any problems that arise will be settled at TO's discretion.
Metaknight has a lgl of 30 on all stages including norfair.
port order is decided by rock paper scissors.

Brawl Doubles Rules:
Metaknight is BANNED
port order is 1221. port order is decided by rock paper scissors.
team with most stocks and/or least percent at the end of the game is the winner.

Neutral Stages:
SV
BF
FD
PKS1
YI:B
Lylat Cruise
green greens

Counter Pick Stages:
Castle Siege
Norfair
Delphino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pirate Ship
PKS2

Neutral Striking order is 2,3,1.

When counterpicking, the winner of the previous round gets 2 stage bans. The winner is also locked into his character until he loses.

UMVC3:
Bo5 (Bo7 finals)
99 second timer
duh

P4A:
Bo3 (Bo5 finals)
99 second timer
duh

Any and all discrepancies are decided and settled by the TO.

It's Party Times With Maharba!

THAT'S ME

Holy mother of bich, lock this **** thread.

1. No date

2. Marbarhardar using a bbr account to post(mega violation of rules)

3. Thread is in the tournament results board

4. Green Green is a neutral

Dnyce

Smash Master
Holy mother of bich, lock this **** thread.

1. No date

2. Marbarhardar using a bbr account to post(mega violation of rules)

3. Thread is in the tournament results board

4. Green Green is a neutral
Wasn't it the URC who said that TOs are free to run whatever rule-set they want?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if your gonna hate don't come. although im suprised to see all the hate coming from mostly friends of mine

@denti

wats so extreme about it? this is old school if anything except no MK in dubz. besides a lot of the stages still **** for olimar. just because the cool stages are back doesn't mean you won't be able to cp to the same lame stages and camp in the same lame way

@xyro

if you don't like it don't come at all and stay home with crying baby and nagging wife. and you of all people can't talk **** about using other people's accounts. and besides why are you of all people hating on my tourney? you don't play this game and you quit running tournies so i don't see why you think your opinion matters at this point

@p4

who gives a **** that it's in the results thread, sync just opened a tab and told me to make my tourney, i didn't know it was in the wrong thread. plus why does that honestly matter? and why can't you be satisfied that i unbanned MK for you in singles (i did that with you in mind)? are you gonna rag on me like a **** or are you gonna support me bro. come on david

@everyone

or you all can man up, come to my tourney, have a good time, and enjoy something different for once instead of the same old bull **** and quit hating on something im trying to do so yall can have fun. im not trying to run a ****ing business here im trying to have friends come play smash and have fun at my house and throw in competition. i mean **** wat did i do to make yall rag on me like this? im not changing my rules. if you're gonna come let me know and if not have fun playing the same old dead game on the same old dead stages getting camped by the same tryhards and seeing the same result every time.

come on guys you can't give me and my stuff one shot? or at least come take one shot with me :) ?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol Marharba I only like dubs, you should switch it, put MK in doubles (not double MK) and ban him in singles.

Singles suck ****

Denti

Smash Master
if your gonna hate don't come. although im suprised to see all the hate coming from mostly friends of mine

@denti

wats so extreme about it? this is old school if anything except no MK in dubz. besides a lot of the stages still **** for olimar. just because the cool stages are back doesn't mean you won't be able to cp to the same lame stages and camp in the same lame way
The rules have changed sinc e the begining of Brawl because they were proven broken and unfair. Also there is no LGL for anyone but MK. Capping a tournament is mad de hype. Also green greens is a nuetral and not a CP.

im not trying to run a ****ing business here

this will be at our house.

Xyro77

Wasn't it the URC who said that TOs are free to run whatever rule-set they want?
most def. but provide a date and at least put it in the right board or you aint having a successful event. LOL

@xyro

if you don't like it don't come at all and stay home with crying baby and nagging wife. and you of all people can't talk **** about using other people's accounts. and besides why are you of all people hating on my tourney? you don't play this game and you quit running tournies so i don't see why you think your opinion matters at this point
Ive never used any account other than my own because i am a law abiding poster here on SWF. Im also not hating on the tournament. Im hating on the fact you literally F-ed up the most basic of stuff in regards to an event such as date and correct location of the thread. I personally love GGs and mk banned so no complaints there.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
xyro you used smooms account for a month when you were banned. remember?

plus sync set me up with an open thread saying type your rules. blame him for it being in the results thread.

the date was my bad. if you'll notice it was posted incredibly early

@denti

venue fee is for electricity, cleaning up after you guys, and fixing **** that gets broken whenever a bunch of people come over. last time we housed everyone in texas they came over they ripped a hole on the couch cushion, jacked one of my blankets, broke a glass, and had wii's tv's turned on all day. sync pj and i decided from now on we can't afford to have house tournies be free. the electricity bill was outrageous from all the smashers who come everyday and use electricity. so don't pull that card with me

capping the tournament is neccessary because we live in a complex. you know the kind of complex with rules we don't want to break so that we don't get evicted. think for a second dawg, smashers are loud and messy and stay up late.

as for my stages, deal with it. besides if you don't come that's on you, that's one less camping tryhard in the bracket. but for reals don't let diversity be the reason you don't come. you honestly think you will lose to anyone different because of these rules?

Denti

Smash Master
@denti

venue fee is for electricity, cleaning up after you guys, and fixing **** that gets broken whenever a bunch of people come over. last time we housed everyone in texas they came over they ripped a hole on the couch cushion, jacked one of my blankets, broke a glass, and had wii's tv's turned on all day. sync pj and i decided from now on we can't afford to have house tournies be free. the electricity bill was outrageous from all the smashers who come everyday and use electricity. so don't pull that card with me
Ight I gotcha. But seriously though, no LGL?

Xyro77

xyro you used smooms account for a month when you were banned. remember?
never in my life have i done such a thing. i do not disobey SWf rules.

plus sync set me up with an open thread saying type your rules. blame him for it being in the results thread.
So if i park my car in the middle of the freeway, let you out and you get hit by a car its MY fault?

GET OUT MR MARBARHAR!

the date was my bad. if you'll notice it was posted incredibly early
tons and tons of people see the OP and then skip to the bottom of the thread. yea its their fault for not looking at every post but as a TO you want as many people as possible to attend right? That cant be accomplished if all info is not on OP.

@denti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRgzrURCDlo

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
when sync get's back ill have him edit it into the OP. i can't atm

@denti

why are you worried about a bad pit player planking when pit's planking can be shut down by MK, diddy, snake, marth, g&w, rob, wario, fox, sonic, pit himself, and several other characters? just cp him or learn how to beat it with olimar, pit's planking is severly overhyped

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The soup better be made of gold and silver.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
im hoping to a have a perfect yet still diverse ruleset and stage list set up by the 3rd or 4th battle royal. so for those who don't want to try it now check it out next time to see wats up. but as for now i need some of yall to come or else how can i test this? come on guys. it's namesearch bait time

biodg
y.b.m.
tesh
kbot
gucci
razer
zero
nike
mike3
megafox
zigsta
jnig
hyro
jerm
infinity
fogo (who absolutely hates stinky *****)
denti
dojo
smoom
shadow1pj
sync
asa_akira
d.m.g.
sethlon
esca
c.y.
takeurlife
trela
razer
gnes
m.j.g.
Type_ex
domo
alsm aerolink the soul master
roni
lee martin
suspect
poppertop
swaka
pwii
R.T.
dj fliphop
royr
warren arron smith
epsy
sinister slush
kprime

ojih sama

that's about all i can think of

Dakpo

Smash Lord
$7 venue for a HOUSE TOURNAMENT?!? That my friends is crazy....you guys will pocket $168 for running a tournament. If I pay $7 for a tournament, I would just at least hope for an actual venue. Running Tournaments is not about making money as a TO. I understand your placed got trashed and you got an electric bill...but $168? really?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
LMAO, you know I can't make this Maharbabaraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Honestly, Maharba, you guys should just deal with the people that REALLY **** stuff up in your house. Stop letting people use laptops, eat all your food, **** up your furniture etc. Because after you left 1 person get away with it, everyone else will justify it in their own minds as "oh they dont care if we make a mess so i won't clean anything up". This goes 10x for OoS people that really won't give much of a **** if they have been ungrateful *******s.

I'm gonna tell you right now though, that my electricity bill was 200$ this month and I know I have ALOT of stuff on 24/7 that probably causes this. I really don't think having 4-5 TVs and 4-5 wiis on for maybe 12 hours is making your bill high enough to charge 7 dollars. I'll probably still come if I don't have to work, but 7 dollars seems like a random and high number. I know you guys get screwed over sometimes when you are too nice to people, but trying to pile all of that stuff onto the cost of a houston local is not going to work.

If you are going to charge that much, why don't you just host it at game over games?

Lastly, I like the stagelist, I agree with Denti about the LGL, but I'm 99% sure no one around has the will and the skill to get anywhere trying to abuse it. I haven't seen a high level player try to really ***** it out in TX locals in well over a year.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I heard there is going to be a $100 mm between maharba and pj to see who can time out the other one first?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
This whole thread is full of stupidity everywhere LOL. From it's creation to the latest post.

:018:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
seagull you can suck my ever flopulent flacid duck butter lathered fresh off of a 14 hour shift sweaty ****. you suck at brawl you are bad with wolf compared to the rest of the top 5 you severely overhype yourself and you have no actual skill. get out of my tourney thread you have no reason to be in it espcially if you are going to be

Condescending
Unskilled
Negative
Testicle

@tesh

when our place quits getting trashed by people the venue fee will go down. im not just testing rules out at this tourney, im seeing who is a damn slob. also when i've personally run a tourney or 2 at least mostly by myself and i completely get my ruleset straightened out, ill get a venue then. and im glad you like the stages, with more of the good old stages back i figure some of the new **** that is stupid and gay (like certain characters are in the almost all only neutral stage age we live in today) will get toned down a bit. old school broken **** is nowhere near as gay as new school broken ****. as for the lgl, im testing to see if it's actually necessary outside of MK or if people are just bad and don't know **** about ledge mechanics. if people are just bad im personally willing to teach people how to stop planking characters outside of MK. it's all overhyped. besides like you said, no one who is good enough to win does it and the bad players like me will still lose anyways

@dakpo

don't like it don't come, we have 1000 zss in tx, we can live without the annoying one. shoutouts to paw bio ybm and shlike. i know they aren't cheap enough to ***** about $7 ****ing dollars. how about go wait on one table and there you go, you've made venue (and if you're good you'll make enough for some events too)

@chris
can't wait to see you here man, it's been too long. and i know i should chill but i just don't take **** from people either.

Top Bottom