• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia - The Unofficially Official Tanman Modded Mafia - Mafia Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
I reckon no lynch is best, just because we have a 1/3 chance of lynching a mafia.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Actually, now that I think about it, the last two games started off with no lynch and the mafia won. Hmm, now I'm confused.

Needs more debate.

Splice

Smash Hero
No read what Toshi said though.
We always lose when we dont lynch.

Then again, with all these new roles, everything we know might change.

Splice

Smash Hero
It would be good if we could watch matches of pro Mafia, like with Smash, and learn from what the goodplayers do and find out AT's and Mindgames, and advance our Role Metagames.

But we cant watch these games of Mafia and learn the MU's of the Roles and the tactics we should use.

I think we shouldnt lynch today, because too many of us have special roles that we will need if we want to win for once.

I LAG

Smash Lord
ok i now know 100% that splice is mafia because being the most experienced mafia member, mafia always prefer to no lynch at the start to get an advantage.

but i am still sus about meteor

[vote: splice]

in doing this if people pound on me you know they are mafia and protecting their splice.

Splice

Smash Hero
You dont know anything in this game lol ILAG.

WE can lynch someone, but in this game its not like before, we've got all these special roles that its not like if we screw up we just kill some townsperson ; If we kill the wrong person we lose a special asset this time. This is different from the other games ILAG and thats what im saying, we cant play by the same rules alone.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
In my opinion we could afford to lynch today, it's still 11 vs 5. Yet I'm really worried about accidentally lynching a power role (Bonus Role). I really feel we should be no lynching atm.

Vlade

Social Outcast
As 2 people have already said, it is best to avoid lynching bonus roles, but 11 vs 5 seems pretty optimistic.

If we kill someone with a special role, it can greatly affect the outcome of the game with the loss of some great assets. We must think really carefully before we vote, not just mindlessly throwing names out because of this new 'risk factor'

For the time being, it's 51% on the no lynch side for me

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
No lynch would seem apropriate, but you have to weigh up how much info is one person dying going to tell us next day phase. Logically, hearing what everyone has to say is what tells us info.

Personally I Lag is acting wierd, he is Voting saying people are Mafia, it's too early in the game to determine it that easily.
In my opinion he is trying one of two things.
1. To cast suspicion on someone else, based on wierd flawed logic
2. Make himself look like mafia, and therefore actually trying to protect himself by getting people to think he couldn't possibly be that stupid this early in the game.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I must agree that ILAG has been acting strangely, switching up his position from voting for Meteor and then voting for Splice and his reasoning for those votes are rather flawed.

For now I'm not going to cast a vote though, wouldn't be good if he had a special role

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Hm, DS has a good point. We should wait for everyone's thoughts before coming to a conclusion.

I'm leaning towards no lynching.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol at liag reason # 2

we should wait for thoughts and opinions but there's not really a whole lot to put foreward in the first stage of the game, no matter what happens it'll be a random guess at this stage

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i believe we should lynch today
because there is a greater chance for less punishment
say if we pick wrong at late game.. mafia will kill more pro-town and we will be overwhelmed

so we have to act now. i agree with DS and toshi. ilag is suspicious
i also believe that tanman would put him mafia again
so i [vote: ilag]

some may say my logic is flawed but its a risk, and i am willing to take it to win for the town

btw if role blocker targets guy A so does doctor and mafia. what happens?

also all townies should be honest at all times. it will help weed out the scum.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmm tough choice, on one hand we can strike first and lynch someone, but we risk taking out one of our special powers that we need...

but on the other we can vote no lynch but I feel that's helping out the mafia more then lynching someone would... I dont know what you did on msn mafia but we didnt lynch on the first game of forum mafia and look where that got us.
I agree with arrow and I wont be on again untill like midnight (internet is broken) so for now to get things moving...

[vote: ilag] sorry buddy, your laging the server :(

I LAG

Smash Lord
nice! i know 3 of the mafia now :)
this is too easy

so splice, arrow and luke are mafia
i still think meteor might be mafia

i think we should lynch one of them and if they are mafia then lynch the 3 also the cop should inspect them.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
If a Roleblocker targets person A, and the doctor and Mafia also target person A, then roleblocker blocks guy A, and Doctor and Mafia still perform their roles - So the Mafia would try to kill, and the doctor would end up protecting guy A.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Okay i finally got a chance to come online XD,

I read on everything so far, seems like everyone wants to either nolynch or begin at nightime... its a bit of a risk factor since lynching now with no evidence could cause us to take an innocent townie in =/

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I reckon no lynch.

I fail to see how you link no lynching with townies losing. A more accurate assumption would be the townies lost every match where they started lynching their fellow townies.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
[Vote: Meteor]

to see peoples reactions and because i think it is his turn to be mafia
hey guys, have you noticed that lag has always been the one to start the voting ball rolling every lynch in the last game we played?? and all the people he lynched were innocent (INCLUDING MEEEEE!!! - jk no hard feelings :laugh:). But seriously we gotta debate about who is the mafia, not just "i lag it" the whole way.

Edit: Meteor, if your mafia, then im gonna look like a douche-bag....:dizzy:

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
nice! i know 3 of the mafia now :)
this is too easy

so splice, arrow and luke are mafia
i still think meteor might be mafia

i think we should lynch one of them and if they are mafia then lynch the 3 also the cop should inspect them.
Your Reasons for thinking Splice and Meteor are Mafia are just too far out of left field. And you only think Arrow and Luke are because they voted for you

[VOTE: I Lag]

planetstereo

Smash Ace
wow you guys posted so quick before i could even get a word in haha

but seriously guys, look at this logically: history has shown that that is the only way for the town to win is to act logically, lag is acting suspiciously, ill give you that....but he is LAG for goodness sake (dont think you have lost my vole yet lag- i just want to see some more development before i vote). Oh and one more thing meteor isnt even online yet, so dont vote him off just cause he isnt here (thats what you bloody did to me...:mad:

I LAG

Smash Lord
ok siyro is mafia
there are all 4 mafia members
now i think we should lynch luke coz or splice because they are most sus imo and if they aren't mafia then i will vote to lynch myself next day time.
is everyone cool with that?

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
ok siyro is mafia
there are all 4 mafia members
now i think we should lynch luke coz or splice because they are most sus imo and if they aren't mafia then i will vote to lynch myself next day time.
is everyone cool with that?
Ilag, you don't have very sound theories there. Your calling everyone who voted for you mafia, the last time you did that (in msn) you were mafia. Someone who just plain out accuses anyone else is not going to be productive for the townies.
[Vote: ILag]

planetstereo

Smash Ace
alrighty then, im gonna to make a postulate vote for lag but i might change it if i suspect lag is innocent or someone else is guilty.

[vote: Lag]

truth is lag is the least of many evils as far as i can see and i agree that there needs to be a lynch on the first day...

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Just because someone voted for you doesn't mean they're the mafia. Some could just be jumping on the bandwagon.

We still haven't heard from everyone so I'll keep my vote for now.

Oh, and saying that you will lynch yourself if Splice or Luke isn't mafia is pretty stupid (no offence). If you were a legit townie, why would you lynch yourself? That would just help the mafia.

I LAG

Smash Lord
ok guys if i were mafia would i be stupid enough to get myself lynched just to take down 1 townie?

mafia need to take down 2-3 townies for every mafia taken

I LAG

Smash Lord
@toshi: i will lynch myself coz there is no point in playing coz mafia is just going to win again anyway.
i will read through the whole thread now and see which of the 4 mafia is most sus

EDIT: most sus people in order
1. splice - melbourne people are more likely to be chosen as mafia since the host is from melbourne <more stuff to be addded>
2. siyro - melbourne people are more likely to be chosen as mafia since the host is from melbourne <more stuff to be added>
3. luke - using my old i wont be on the computer for a while so i vote now tatic to influence peoples votes
4. arrow - i'm having second thoughts about him but if the others are mafia then he is most likely also mafia

Splice

Smash Hero
If ILAG is mafia we should kill him.

If ILAG is townsperson he isn't being helpful at all and holding back progress, which he shouldnt be doing if he wants us to win. He probably has a silly special role or something.

I dont know what to do with these special roles.

[Vote:ILAG]

C~Dog

Smash Champion

Okay, after reading this page, im changing my decision.

[VOTE: I LAG]

You are a total ****ing idiot. If you are a townie (which i highly doubt at this point), you are so goddam useless and illogical i just wanna brain you with a rock right now.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and if we were to lose one townie, the mafia automatically wins?

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
[Vote:ILAG]

If someone reckons ILAG is innocent, speak up now.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I lag, you are an idiot. Roles are chosen at random, not because the Mod likes certain people. Why the **** do you think you got mafia twice in a row when i was mod? Because i like you?? LMFAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom