• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k's Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
To be completely honest, no offense Jason, but I'd put money on Ken.

Not because he's Asian, but because it's M2K. No offense Jason, but unless you forgot how to wrestle, ya done!

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I'm unconcerned with this talk of who will be the best in brawl..but i was annoyed that ken implied m2k was just some technical player

in my opinion M2k reinvented the marth vs space animal matchups, as well as developed a far better style against sheik in the last months before brawl as well.

Mindgames are nice..but in reality it's the solid strategy and general style at which you play a match-up that will determine whether you can regularly win.

I guess what I'm saying is that even though Ken is/was good, oftentimes the strategy he used for match-ups was wrong, while m2k's strategies and innovations helped develop countless players.

That doesn't necessarily make m2k better than ken..but it certainly makes him more useful to the community as a whole...and i don't think it's fair to discount his innovations as technical application alone.

Honestly, when i look at m2k's tournament videos i tend to wonder how he won with the number of foolish suicides or mispressed buttons he does. But he won pretty often anyways because his overall style was just too good.

also, mindgame tricks only work because humans cannot be random naturally. all of us know how easy it is to manipulate a new player to the game into attacking. They cannot truly be random because they do not know all the options or know what the optimal percentage of the time they should use the various possibilities. However, as you reach higher play I think that the pros tend to have a much better gauge of what options are available in a particular scenario, and so the strategic aspect of what the overall strategy is tends to become predominant

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
M2K needs to stop being a whiney pu$$y. Ken's years of dominance seem to indicate that, with practice, he could and would again be the best Melee pro.
m2k could pretty much own anybody. Ken may be be good, but m2k really is neck and neck by Ken and it's gonna be a close call over who is better. Go fight m2k and maybe you will stop insulting you after he destroys you so much that you die, then come back to life and die again.

rubiksfriend

Smash Apprentice
I never implied that I was any good; that's not the issue. Video-game deaths do not correlate to real-life deaths. I hate hearing long, protracted rants on how life isn't fair, nobody likes me, etc.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
You know what, m2k should own you just for implying that he isn't that good and that Ken can p0wn him easily.

OMAR the O

Smash Cadet
Wow. I was gonna reply, but then you closed the case, so there is nothing else that can be said. >_> I think I'm gonna own you despite your closing of the case.

M2K DOES have more knowledge about the game than you. His old site with Melee stats and such is proof alone of that. And skill is defined in how well you play so the game so it includes tech skill + mind games + anything that contributes to how you play. Fact is, M2K has more tech skill than you and more knowledge of the games mechanics than you. Does he have better mindgames? That's literally practically impossible to judge, but the closest indication to seeing who has greater mindgames is to see who beats who in matches. What makes you think you have better mind games? If M2K can own you in Melee (which he certainly would) then you can't proclaim yourself as having better mindgames.
This is the smartest thing I have ever read in my life. Ken u got owned so hard.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I don't play ike lol. Also, that was the first match in a ranked set. I won the set two stocking him the last match. If you like, I could post videos of me beating hugs in samus dittos lol.
Nah, I'd prefer you not link online matches from california to texas when the said california player did not realize he was going to be recorded...

Don't use my name to push your reputation unless you beat me in Melee. I'm a melee pro, not a brawl pro. No brawl pros exist yet except maybe azen/dsf, but even they lose to random people now and then. Relax.

I know you didn't mean to offend though, so it's cool. But just...you know, no need to brag, that's all.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
BAWWWWWW M2K>KEN

BAWWWWWWW fanboys.

In the end, I'd rather much have Ken as a friend than M2K. M2K will probably looks like a child molester in like 10 years.

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
lol, at fanboys... That be pretty funny tho, an actual fist fight between mew2king and ken XD it would be just as intense as marth dittos in melee....
Id bet that be 1# viewed in history in youtube

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
would this m2k vs ken thing be on melee or that new gay game on the wii? yeah it would be awesome to see ken back in form and up to date on these new tricks m2k pc and them are using these days.

also technical skill and mind games pale in comparison to mind-resolve when it comes to importance in winning a game. you gotta be in the right mind state to win. m2k is depressed these days, but in days where m2k is feeling well then ken might have a real fight on his hands. but on the other hand ken is viet or so i believe, and in my experience hard-core gamers that are viet ethnicity always got that titanium mind resolve. so my money would be on ken. but if ken is japanese like msot pple say, then i guess it would be pretty much even

SarsVirus

Smash Cadet
god this thread is so fing epic LOl **** i luv both m2k nd ken but i think ima have to be on m2k's side on this one

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
m2k, i guess my post led you into some of the wrong ideas

I was doubting your character, but not how i'm doubting kens. As an "outsider" looking in, you give off this vibe that makes me feel like you know your better than me, so get away. Thats just the feeling i get from you. i know ill meet you eventually at a tournement around here, as far as events go we aren't that far away and we'll see how it goes. i also wasn't pulling you itno the ***got category. from what i have seen you mostly help the community, but its some other stuff that gave me these ideas.

Don't think I'm trying to retract words I said, i'm not, that post will stay unedited, but i wasn't putting you with ken. I really didn't think while i was writing it, it was a bad day and i and was pissed but no johns. thats pretty much how i feel about it.

Jun.

Smash Lord
they should play a match with a wall between them so ken's presence isn't used as a mindgame lol

jw though, did they EVER play a marth ditto? if so, links?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
they should play a match with a wall between them so ken's presence isn't used as a mindgame lol

jw though, did they EVER play a marth ditto? if so, links?
kens presence is not a mindgame

what would be a mind game is i was ken on another account. think about that one.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
dude none of you guys know how I actually am as a person unless you're one of my close friends, and I don't have many of them. Don't act like you guys know me at all, because you don't. Don't act like you know Ken, because you don't. All you know is old bull**** rumors about us is which is mostly false and/or changed since then, along with what we post online, and crappy old videos. Stop trying to judge people, you don't have any good basis to make good judgements on. I am extremely blunt with what I have to say, if you don't like that I'm sorry, but that's how I am, which is what I'm doing right now. I don't act like an elitist either, I help pretty much anyone that asks me things with good intent, and I don't think I'm anything special at Brawl at all, I don't enjoy playing it. Please stop arguing about this, it means nothing, my post was directed at Ken and only Ken because he was being disrespectful for no reason, stop reading so much into this please. Close this thread, you guys aren't talking about anything important related to Marth in it.

edit - if you want to know all the marth dittos we played

MLG Orlando he beat me 3-2, I 3 stocked him on FD, and 2 on some other stage, and he beat me on battlefield I think by 1 and yoshis story? (i forget) by I think 1, and 2 on FoD. This was mid 2006.

That crew battle he suicided so I got lucky, this was the end of 2006

OC3 was mid 07, in singles I won by 2 on poke stad, lost by 1 on battlefield, then won by 3 on FD. And there was an OC3 crew battle and I won by 3, although he made a stupid mistake last stock of trying to bair me really low and he got gimped for it.

In 2006 I wasn't as good, but at OC3 he was playing really badly, so all of these things mean nothing, but I might as well state the facts anyway. I still enjoy playing a bit of melee at tourneys here and there, because I have way more fun with the game, but it's hard to stay good at both. I play brawl because everybody else is, but there isn't enough in the game to make me enjoy smash much anymore, I just lost my passion I had for it. This has nothing to do with this whole argument, I'm just mad that Ken's being a douche for no reason, that's pretty disrespectful.

another edit - i think brawl falco is the 2nd best to Metaknight right now. Just cuz he can't combo doesn't mean he's not broken, he can shield cancel into powerful down smashes, CG many characters to 0-20 or 0-50, illusion that goes about 51% of FD, and a spike that can kill DDD around like 35% or something, along with a fast dash attack -> up smash combo at low and mid %. Seriously, Falco's good.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Can we get a mod in here to close this, it's getting really off topic and I really only wanted to find vids of m2k's M@rth. Now a bunch of pros are all pissed at eachother and I'd like it to stop. Can a mod shut down this thread please.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
There are vids of m2k on youtube, I finally found them so can a mod close this thread?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
"
another edit - i think brawl falco is the 2nd best to Metaknight right now. Just cuz he can't combo doesn't mean he's not broken, he can shield cancel into powerful down smashes, CG many characters to 0-20 or 0-50, illusion that goes about 51% of FD, and a spike that can kill DDD around like 35% or something, along with a fast dash attack -> up smash combo at low and mid %. Seriously, Falco's good."

how do you go about edgeguarding ddd with falco? i mean his armor frames will protect against the spike right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom