• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k's Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Smash Hero
Ken WAS the best in melee, M2K IS the best in melee, no?

Both Ken and M2K won tournaments, they both fought, lost, won, etc etc etc.

M2K Devoted hours and hours to honing his skills, Ken seemingly has some ancient Chinese secret that allows him to beast opponents without devoting the time others have to.

I have a feeling the brawl scene will turn out similarly to the melee scene, Ken winning many tournaments in the beginning, but eventually, M2K will become the best. Assuming he keeps his dedication.

Dunno, we'll see, either way this **** is exciting :D:D:D

Respect where it's due but talk about getting worked up. If you're the greatest, there should be no sense of insecurity or a need to lash out and defend yourself. You wait for tourneys, you win, and you shut people up with statistics, not four letter expletives.

Sure there's no need to, but that **** is fun! Come on, bragging and being arrogant is fun, and if you're not doing those two things you aren't having fun :laugh:. Seriously though, if you ever get to the top brag and be arrogant, it's real fun if you let it be

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It'd be great if the fanboys were kinda good too. I guess worshipping the "pros" is more important tho

kek

Smash Rookie
Ken WAS the best in melee, M2K IS the best in melee, no?

Both Ken and M2K won tournaments, they both fought, lost, won, etc etc etc.

M2K Devoted hours and hours to honing his skills, Ken seemingly has some ancient Chinese secret that allows him to beast opponents without devoting the time others have to.

I have a feeling the brawl scene will turn out similarly to the melee scene, Ken winning many tournaments in the beginning, but eventually, M2K will become the best. Assuming he keeps his dedication.

Dunno, we'll see, either way this **** is exciting :D:D:D

Sure there's no need to, but that **** is fun! Come on, bragging and being arrogant is fun, and if you're not doing those two things you aren't having fun :laugh:. Seriously though, if you ever get to the top brag and be arrogant, it's real fun if you let it be
Good point

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
sure, if that's the case, then why is he *****ing so much about brawl and do do do do do I'm lovin it (mcdonalds theme song)

More knowledge, haha, I've been playing smash and competing in tournaments since m2king was still wearing diapers. Skill, how do you define skill? technical abilities? yes I admit he is more techinical, but that's what happens when you practice all day compared to someone who just goes to tournaments without. However f you are talking about the Mind games part of skill, then I don't think so.

case closed.
wow man, your a cocky B4stard. the sad thing is, your right.

i feel like i have to say something.

you, ken, the king of smash, an idol of smash players every where, disappoint me. These words aren't going to affect you that much because you don't care what other people say. which, you are right to do so, but i still need to say this. do you honestly believe what your posting? just read what i'm quoting you on. are that big of a loser that you have to say those kinds of things? I am sure you read that post about casuals vs. pros or whatever it was. your worse than that. so is m2k. some of you pros are the biggest f@ggots i have ever seen. most pros seem to be really cool people. gimpy, hugs, kdj, chilln, cort all seem like really cool dudes. people boast about them because they are good at a video game, but to me they are just people i can see myself having a good time with. i dont even want to meet you. if you put up videos, im going to watch them. if your in an interview, i;m going to read it because its going to be about a video game i care about. thats it.
m2k ****s with the smash community because he thinks hes better than everyone, or at least that the vibe that hes giving off.. that post about tiers is a perfect example. he KNOWS that people is grovel over what he says about these games, and he also knows that the tiers won;t be determined for a while. its posts like yours and posts like his that make me wonder about every pro.

yeah man, your a really good player at melee, and probably going to be one of the best in brawl. i can't deny your title. you are the king of smash. but after reading the posts that you left here, i will be surprised if i ever respect you other than a smash player. i dont know you personally, and i could be wrong about you, but its not something i want to find out. i hope you enjoy being an ******* to the community and winning tournaments because apparently you deserve the right to do so.

i also just want to make a note that i'm a "scrub". i haven't had the opportunity to contribute to anyones meta game like you have, and i haven't won a single tournament. i dont know any pro personally and i am not known to any pro by name. and if i meet you in person you will get the same respect any other person should receive. its just bugs me when people say stuff like this. i have said things like this, and probably will later, but i hate myself for it and thats something im working to change, you on the other hand don't think if it that way at all. your only reaffirming the idea to change the way i speak. you need to seriously think about what your doing man. i wish you the best of luck.

Pi

Smash Hero

you, ken, the king of smash, an idol of smash players every where, disappoint me. These words aren't going to affect you that much because you don't care what other people say. which, you are right to do so, but i still need to say this. do you honestly believe what your posting? just read what i'm quoting you on. are that big of a loser that you have to say those kinds of things? I am sure you read that post about casuals vs. pros or whatever it was. your worse than that. so is m2k. some of you pros are the biggest f@ggots i have ever seen. most pros seem to be really cool people. gimpy, hugs, kdj, chilln, cort all seem like really cool dudes. people boast about them because they are good at a video game, but to me they are just people i can see myself having a good time with. i dont even want to meet you. if you put up videos, im going to watch them. if your in an interview, i;m going to read it because its going to be about a video game i care about. thats it.
m2k ****s with the smash community because he thinks hes better than everyone, or at least that the vibe that hes giving off.. that post about tiers is a perfect example. he KNOWS that people is grovel over what he says about these games, and he also knows that the tiers won;t be determined for a while. its posts like yours and posts like his that make me wonder about every pro.

yeah man, your a really good player at melee, and probably going to be one of the best in brawl. i can't deny your title. you are the king of smash. but after reading the posts that you left here, i will be surprised if i ever respect you other than a smash player. i dont know you personally, and i could be wrong about you, but its not something i want to find out. i hope you enjoy being an ******* to the community and winning tournaments because apparently you deserve the right to do so.

i also just want to make a note that i'm a "scrub". i haven't had the opportunity to contribute to anyones meta game like you have, and i haven't won a single tournament. i dont know any pro personally and i am not known to any pro by name. and if i meet you in person you will get the same respect any other person should receive. its just bugs me when people say stuff like this. i have said things like this, and probably will later, but i hate myself for it and thats something im working to change, you on the other hand don't think if it that way at all. your only reaffirming the idea to change the way i speak. you need to seriously think about what your doing man. i wish you the best of luck.

I'm not too sure you know what you're talking about. Everyone abuses their power, everyone dude. I think you're buying too much into rumors, I know I've heard people say that, yes in particular M2K and Ken, some pro's are cocky *******s, but so far I haven't seen anything horrible. Hell if I were in their position I know I'd be way ****ing worse.

As far as I'm concerned, these two being the top players of Melee and most likely of the top of brawl they have earned the right to post whatever they want in an online forum, I mean seriously, they have proved themselves (M2K has spent huge amounts of times devoted to finding this games secrets, he has helped the community out quite a large bit, and Ken pretty much made Marth, lol, most marth players have probably taken a large chunk of their playing style from him) worthy of respect through skill alone. These guys know what they're talking about, don't they? They have done what it takes to pretty much win at smash bros. so they can talk about it however they please as far as I'm concerned.

It's not like they're going out of their way to bother people, they're giving their input in threads, or making them themselves, and people are listening and responding because they've proven they know what the **** their talking about. Aside from all that, it's only text on the internet :p, you can choose to listen or choose to ignore it, for all we know they could just be 'acting' that way for ****s and giggles.

Not to mention neither of them took upon the responsibility of setting a 'good example' for the up-n-coming smashers of tomorrow when they decided to win at tournaments. You're acting like they're on a higher pedestal than you are saying they are. By being the best at a game they should not be in any way expected to act mature and modest, because that's not what they were trying to do :p, they were just trying to be the best, they're just people no different than you or me, so they gives every right to act however they see fit. They were not elected the top, they earned the top.

I'm not quite sure if that made a lot of sense...basically what I'm saying is their position in the melee/brawl scene doesn't force responsibilities onto them, it makes them skilled in the game, that's it, doesn't make them a good person or anything, just makes them skilled

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
yeah i did take it a little far. i'm in a bad mood today. i stand by what say, im not going to edit it, theres truth to the text on the screen.

Pi

Smash Hero
yeah i did take it a little far. i'm in a bad mood today. i stand by what say, im not going to edit it, theres truth to the text on the screen.
That's fine, I'm just saying that just because their the top doesn't mean they have to act a certain way. Any way you expected them to act you did on your own :p

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
ken not did not come off as cocky at all.

some random guy insulted ken's skill to his face, and ken defends himself (very logically, i think), and all of a sudden he's cocky?

ken was the best in the world in melee. what do you think would happen if you told michael jordan he was bad at basketball?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
The only reason why people think m2k is better is because he moves faster than ken. Same thing applies with combo vids. "OMG DASHIZWIZ IS SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN PC!" I do enjoy watching m2ks marth a lot but the Ken Combo beats everything :p.

Pi

Smash Hero
The only reason why people think m2k is better is because he moves faster than ken. Same thing applies with combo vids. "OMG DASHIZWIZ IS SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN PC!" I do enjoy watching m2ks marth a lot but the Ken Combo beats everything :p.
Sorry but that's not the only reason...Since Ken had officially retired from the competitive smash scene M2K was winning the most tournaments and was the most prominent smash player, so it's not a 'think' type of thing, he proved he was the best. He might have been the best because Ken stopped playing competitively, or he may have been better than Ken, we don't know because Ken 'copped out' so to speak. But in doing so he relinquished the title. You can take opinions or you can take facts, personally I prefer the latter, easy to argue for XD

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Mew2king doesn't brag. He made an entire thread not to long ago asking OTHER people for Marth techniques. xD

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
these boards remind me why i hate everyone
The internet sucks for having relationships with other people like you do in real life. Everyone is distant from everyone else, and having anonymity while staring only at lines of text coming from someone thousands of miles away certainly doesn't discourage jerk behavior or encourage sainthood. So don't bother with internet people, and don't let them bother you. Simply use the internet as the information sharing tool that it is and look no further.

If you have problems with people irl as well, can't help you there. I'm on the friggin' internet.

Um, OT.

...who's to say that Ken and M2K are the only people allowed to be the best? We're going to get a lot of new players. Now, I'm not saying M2K isn't going to do well, but there's no reason to think that there won't be a Brawl player who never played Melee that could be the best Marth. In fact, I hope this will be the case, as it would help show that Brawl is more competitive (in general) or at least that it's not the same game over again.

-Ran

Smash Master
You cannot discredit what they were in Melee, but as I've been told by a few thousand posters, this isn't Melee. A key thing to remember is that Brawl is going to attract attention from other competitive gamers that were otherwise too busy with other genres of games, who are now bored with what they are doing. Also, the Game Cube wasn't the most popular unit of its era, while the Wii by far is smoking everything.

kek

Smash Rookie

Absolutely right.

I'm not gonna argue about personal arguments outside of brawl and call anyone a loser for being good at a video game cause that's old and fruitless, but one has to seriously question what kind of life or sets of priority Ken has to be that worked up about a remark about a video game. Maybe he is a kick *** student or has a career but I seriously doubt that with a smirk on my face. To have to impose your cockiness upon other players is a clear-tell sign about the type of life you lead outside brawl. There's nowhere else for you to assert dominance but here.

I'm exactly like Memphis. We both believe that while you may have earned your right to be a b@stard in these forums with the respect of countless fanboys who prioritize brawl as you do, we know for sure that you cannot be rightfully cocky in anything outside of a video game.

-Ran

Smash Master
I believe his career is:
"Win Tournaments."

From 2004 to 2006 he's earned over $50,000 in reported money. This is through just the major tournaments that he's won. This isn't counting any side bets/money matches that he would have done either. I think we could easily assume that he had an income of around 30k a year due to tournament winnings, and this isn't including any 'gifts' he would have received from sponsors.

Fact is, he knows he is good at video games. It's the mentality of how you approach the game that makes you great at it. Ken has shown that he had the mentality and drive to do it once, and if time allows, I'm sure he'll make a run for it in Brawl as well. It's not about dedicating 40 hours + of gaming a week to a game, but how you use your time when you actually play. It's how you view the game, and how you're prepared to approach it. Some people are able to put the game into this perspective, and others are not. To be honest, it is only a very small percentage of people that are capable of doing this per game. It requires a necessary 'click' to occur.

Is Ken a Douche Bag? Hell if I know. I've never met the guy, and I only know him as the coat tails that countless people have chased after for years. I can only imagine that he'll laugh as he glosses over this thread, only caring if M2k makes a comment. Fact is, we don't matter. You won't meet him in a tournament, or leave a lasting impression in him, and that's all he's looking for on this forum. Competition. You're either it, or you aren't.

Let's put it into perspective. There are far worst vices than being great at a video game. At least with all of the newer players in Brawl, Ken will have a chance to increase that 30k far higher due to larger tournament pots. =p

G U R U

Smash Lord

lol wall of text

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I know this is really off topic, but

who the HELL is going to pay $25 per hour for smash lessons?!?!?!!

if you're that serious about smash, maybe you should go do something else for a while...

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice

if you're that serious about smash, maybe you should go do something else for a while...
i think he was joking

EDIT: ...at least i HOPE he was joking XD

Sharky

Smash Master
Ken's pretty good, having played him. Haven't seen any m2k yet, though, so I can't make any judgements between the two.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
To tell you guys the truth I'd have to disagree with you guys there. Just because someone is Pro at melee doesn't automatically make them Pro at brawl.

Brawl and Melee are two different games. Some pro's were only pros in melee because of the technical aspects. Brawl doesn't rely too heavily on technical skills, nor can anyone gimp someone as easy as it was in melee. However if you had good mind games in melee, it does carry over to brawl.

A pro like azen for example, would probably be good at brawl since he wasn't very technical in melee and used basic strategies and mind games to win at it. Hence carrying over to brawl since it most likely fits his style more.

btw, I probably have the best marth right now, and am currently undefeated. I can go on the boards and spam all I want and try to get people to kiss my ***, but C'mon really? I don't need to type things out so people can kiss my ***, that's lame. Let's just wait until tournaments like Evo.
oh wow ken, the greatest player EVRRRRRRRR omg omg ogm!!!!!! im soooo glad you posted, hey hey, are you infected by the smog? are you a smog? you must looove the smell of your own fart, and oh what!? all your little fanboys are sticking their heads up your *** too, it must smellll real goood, oh i wish i could be in cali and smell it tooo, man your *** must be goooood, hey how about you don't get ***** by m2k in melee and quit playing yourself, the only reason random people like forte wins in brawl, because the game sucks donkeydick, wanna play metaknight and win? i think you should, you of all smogpeople

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Wow, last time I check ed this thread it was one post long XD. Anyways, Ken was probably the best Melee smasher in the world and if he comes out of retirement he'll probably be the best brawler too. I can see many people paying $25 for a 1 hour lesson with him, but as it stands I'd say that m2k is currently the master of brawl.

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
how could you POSSIBLY come to that conclusion?

brawl has been out in america for two weeks, and the only attempt at competition has been those horrible, horrible, horrible gamestop tournaments.

Epick

Smash Rookie

Maybe people with jobs... Or people who consider smash important to them personally... Or people who have enough money that 25 dollars isn't really ****...

I'm just going to play the devil's advocate here: Why should someone go do something else for a while if they're that serious about smash? It's not like you would go tell a football player to go do something else for a while if he plays too much football. How is it your business to judge what people find important (such as smash) and put down on them for finding something like a video game important? To each his own.

Wow, last time I check ed this thread it was one post long XD. Anyways, Ken was probably the best Melee smasher in the world and if he comes out of retirement he'll probably be the best brawler too. I can see many people paying $25 for a 1 hour lesson with him, but as it stands I'd say that m2k is currently the master of brawl.
Hahaha, I have no idea where people come up with this. What's going on in your mind when you blatantly make things up (or pull them out of your ***) and try to pass them off as reasonable fact.

There is just no way, at all, whatsoever, anyone can say that after two weeks.

Bug

Smash Rookie
how could you POSSIBLY come to that conclusion?

brawl has been out in america for two weeks, and the only attempt at competition has been those horrible, horrible, horrible gamestop tournaments.
I wish we had more contact and opinions from the pro smashers in Japan. Keep in mind that many of the pro smashers in the US have taken the effort to get ahold of Japanes copies to play because it's pretty much expected of them.

I love hearing all the arguments of random people that basically can be summed up as saying "YOU DON'T KNOW ME! I'LL BE KING OF BRAWL! IT IS A NEW GAME OKAYYY". Seriously, pro players from Melee have been playing for 6 years and their interpretation of the game and gameplay is totally different from what we can comprehend. You could be the best at brawl, but trust me, all of us are at a very significant disadvantage.

Anyways, I don't have any clue what this thread is about anymore other than bashing pros and trying to convince other posters that YOU could be the next pro.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
oh wow ken, the greatest player EVRRRRRRRR omg omg ogm!!!!!! im soooo glad you posted, hey hey, are you infected by the smog? are you a smog? you must looove the smell of your own fart, and oh what!? all your little fanboys are sticking their heads up your *** too, it must smellll real goood, oh i wish i could be in cali and smell it tooo, man your *** must be goooood, hey how about you don't get ***** by m2k in melee and quit playing yourself, the only reason random people like forte wins in brawl, because the game sucks donkeydick, wanna play metaknight and win? i think you should, you of all smogpeople
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That post was too good.

hornysax

Smash Cadet

It entertains me to see how delusionally self-important you think you are. Do you really believe the professional Smash community needs to qualify itself to you? In fact, do you really believe anyone needs to qualify themselves to you?

What follows from your tunnel-vision thought process is that unless you think the person is "cool" or you would like them personally is the only factor that matters. I have news for you: you're a worthless idiot. You are going to grow up and be an idiot who fails in life due to laying the foundation of your ideology on the flawed concept of nepotism. Yes, you have Life Nepotism. However, nobody cares about you, your ineptitude, or your insecurities manifesting themselves in forum posts attacking people who are highly adept and capable at Smash and probably all other endeavors they partake in. You will always concede that you are terrible at all endeavors, and you will probably be jealous of others your entire life. Hopefully you'll meet your soulmate one day who completes you - a girl with terribly low self-esteem who just humors you enough so you believe you're actually sitting atop the plateau righteousness you created.

I also enjoy how you concede that Ken is telling the truth, but you still fault him for his candidness by mischaracterizing it as cockiness. Is it because telling the truth goes against the grain of your delusion that it's offensive to you?

Ken is not cocky. Ken is truly humble, because the ratio of his walk-to-talk is high.

sos246

Smash Journeyman

1st off ken is a cool person outside of smash. ive played him in tournament like 2-3 times already ( Moast3 MLG Dallas One of Ken's Biweeklie's) and ive never had a problem with him. he doesnt talk **** everyone else does. ken just wins lol plus to say he isnt a good person is a lie. he has helped out the smash community alot by holding tournament's at his own house.

have you ever held a tournament in your own house? i have and it sucks *** having to deal with ignorant people making mess's and just ****ing around with your house. in spite of all this he still held biweeklies. so dont say thing's as he is an arrogant ******* and **** like that. i mean if you were the god of smash for what 4 years strait wouldnt you be at least the slightest cocky?

stfu scrub.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So... if I play ken for an hour and destroy him, will he give me 25$? Will other people give me $?

Could be a way for me to make some money :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom