• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k's Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
As many people have realised now, since Ken is retired, M2k will probably be the worlds best Marth in Brawl. He already has begun inventing parts of Marth's metagame in Brawl as Ken did in Melee, so where can we find some clips of him fighting?

Niko_K

Smash Master
The best in melee WILL definitely be near the top of brawl players. Their observational habits and mindgames play a huge role in how well they play, spacing and learning the characters are the easy parts.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Ken plays Ike now =p, hes not retired. Brawl is a whole differnt game the good players in melee might not be the best in brawl. I wouldn't assume anything yet.
lol m2k is definitely still a god of this game. i think the only safe thing to assume is that m2k will once again be the best if not one of the best players in the world.

tell me an exception in which this hasnt been the case?

(i mean a pro player from melee not being pro in brawl)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well, idk bout pro players from Melee not being pro in Brawl, but there's a lot of pro players I haven't heard anything about yet, but this is of course probably because Brawl hasn't been out for very long yet lol.

Also, Forte's MK beat Azen, so there's an example of a non melee pro beating a melee pro :p

Not saying anything bout anyone, I'm just throwing that out there.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
lol m2k is definitely still a god of this game. i think the only safe thing to assume is that m2k will once again be the best if not one of the best players in the world.

Wow. You use the word "pro" very loosely. Seems like your definition for it is "someone who was pro in melee that happens to play brawl." What exactly makes those melee pros brawl pros? How many tournaments have they won? You can't just assume they're pros because they played melee.

I don't even have to tell you how that isn't the case if you can't give me an example of how it is.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
does anyone know why ken retired or something? and yeah M2k willl be a good marth player but idk. it will be werid for him. new pros will arise for brawl. maybe one will be me =) pros wil lcarry on their mindggames and all that tho

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Wow. You use the word "pro" very loosely. Seems like your definition for it is "someone who was pro in melee that happens to play brawl." What exactly makes those melee pros brawl pros? How many tournaments have they won? You can't just assume they're pros because they played melee.

I don't even have to tell you how that isn't the case if you can't give me an example of how it is.
thats true and i get called on that a lot so i should clarify. when i say pro im usually talking about the players actual skill rather then their status as a player. i know m2k will be pro level because the mindgames and technical ability carry over from melee to brawl. you may not be able to do the same things but in theory it was much harder to do the melee stuff so the brawl stuff will be easier.

but u probably dont even disagree with me that m2k is gonna be pro level lol...

we all know it >_>... :dizzy::dizzy:

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
To tell you guys the truth I'd have to disagree with you guys there. Just because someone is Pro at melee doesn't automatically make them Pro at brawl.

Brawl and Melee are two different games. Some pro's were only pros in melee because of the technical aspects. Brawl doesn't rely too heavily on technical skills, nor can anyone gimp someone as easy as it was in melee. However if you had good mind games in melee, it does carry over to brawl.

A pro like azen for example, would probably be good at brawl since he wasn't very technical in melee and used basic strategies and mind games to win at it. Hence carrying over to brawl since it most likely fits his style more.

btw, I probably have the best marth right now, and am currently undefeated. I can go on the boards and spam all I want and try to get people to kiss my ***, but C'mon really? I don't need to type things out so people can kiss my ***, that's lame. Let's just wait until tournaments like Evo.

rubiksfriend

Smash Apprentice
Ken is, IMO, much better than M2K. He invented Marth's Melee metagame and possesses the best mindgames that will make him the best, again, at Smash. Besides, M2K was scared to play Ken at Evo. I wonder why...

Miller

Smash Lord
So the legend speaks, Glad to see your back playing Smash, and ill be glad to beat you at EVO, ill be going ;)
Well i probably wont beat you, but its awhile away, we all got time

Battousai780

Smash Ace
To tell you guys the truth I'd have to disagree with you guys there. Just because someone is Pro at melee doesn't automatically make them Pro at brawl.

Brawl and Melee are two different games. Some pro's were only pros in melee because of the technical aspects. Brawl doesn't rely too heavily on technical skills, nor can anyone gimp someone as easy as it was in melee. However if you had good mind games in melee, it does carry over to brawl.

A pro like azen for example, would probably be good at brawl since he wasn't very technical in melee and used basic strategies and mind games to win at it. Hence carrying over to brawl since it most likely fits his style more.

btw, I probably have the best marth right now, and am currently undefeated. I can go on the boards and spam all I want and try to get people to kiss my ***, but C'mon really? I don't need to type things out so people can kiss my ***, that's lame. Let's just wait until tournaments like Evo.
Shweet, I thought you gave Marth up for Ike. Glad you didn't. Mew2king vs Ken in Brawl = epic.

Iwan

Smash Ace

Uhh...it hasn't been the case because.....there's no such thing as brawl pros yet?

lol?

Wait and see how the competition pans out. Brawl will be more popular than melee on a competitive level (see: more people will play), so "no names" will come out and be great. No doubt. Although, i have no question M2K will do, ya know.....kinda okay in brawl. lol :p (sarcasm for those who dont catch it :) ha).

bylim5

Smash Journeyman

i couldn't agree with you more Ken.
Although i'd say technical skills are more unofficial game exploitations, [haha i never wavedash or did any of that 'technical' stuff]. But yeah, brawl is good for mind games, and i see many 'pro melee players' getting disheartened when they have to go back to fundamentals that they seldom appreciated. in a way, brawl forces you to think before, more.

btw can u PM ur friend code? it'll be an honour to be destroyed by you. :)

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
m2k will always be better than you ken. It's true you're marth is better but overall he has more skill and knowledge of the game.

But seriosly, I was OK at melee at best, a philly player that was better than most at melee. In Brawl I havn't seen one person online yet(played some 30 people on SWF) that gave me a legitamate challenge. I space, I play some mindgames, i gimp people off the ledge. Techskill is out so I play marth now and play a much slower game. Everyone that played in tournaments and was just a smart player in melee has an automatic advantage over a new player to begin with, doesn't mean overtime new people will take over.

Also I feel bad for Eggm, SilentWolf, Dashizwiz, and especially m2k that have such amazing technical skill that can't even be seen in brawl, nor ever will. This game will replace techskill with camping, but still smart players will win.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
m2k will always be better than you ken. It's true you're marth is better but overall he has more skill and knowledge of the game.

But seriosly, I was OK at melee at best, a philly player that was better than most at melee. In Brawl I havn't seen one person online yet(played some 30 people on SWF) that gave me a legitamate challenge. I space, I play some mindgames, i gimp people off the ledge. Techskill is out so I play marth now and play a much slower game. Everyone that played in tournaments and was just a smart player in melee has an automatic advantage over a new player to begin with, doesn't mean overtime new people will take over.

Also I feel bad for Eggm, SilentWolf, Dashizwiz, and especially m2k that have such amazing technical skill that can't even be seen in brawl, nor ever will. This game will replace techskill with camping, but still smart players will win.
I'm sure they'll adapt and still be good. Maybe not their former status, but honestly maybe this is a good thing. Although I do feel sad for them. :[ (cept mew2king since he is the master of mindgamez)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
sure, if that's the case, then why is he *****ing so much about brawl and do do do do do I'm lovin it (mcdonalds theme song)

More knowledge, haha, I've been playing smash and competing in tournaments since m2king was still wearing diapers. Skill, how do you define skill? technical abilities? yes I admit he is more techinical, but that's what happens when you practice all day compared to someone who just goes to tournaments without. However f you are talking about the Mind games part of skill, then I don't think so.

case closed.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
sure, if that's the case, then why is he *****ing so much about brawl and do do do do do I'm lovin it (mcdonalds theme song)

More knowledge, haha, I've been playing smash and competiting in tournaments since m2king was still wearing diapers. Skill, how do you define skill? technical abilities? yes I admit he is more techinical, but that's what happens when you practice all day compared to someone who just goes to tournaments without, But if you are talking about the Mind games part of skill, then I don't think so.

case closed.
I really like you better and hope you can own him, but iunno. We'll just have to see!

Epick

Smash Rookie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hoang

Does M2k have one of those?

Seriously though, I don't like to go around and suck pro **** but both Ken and M2K weregodly (so much better than I'll ever be). In my lowly opinion the fact Ken was less technical than several top pros and still managed to win consistently with incredible mind games makes him the better player. Especially considering that Brawl isn't remotely close to as technical Melee and will reward mind game oriented players.

Seriously just look at Ken's tournament record if you have any doubt. Enough said.

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697

More knowledge, haha, I've been playing smash and competiting in tournaments since m2king was still wearing diapers. Skill, how do you define skill? technical abilities? yes I admit he is more techinical, but that's what happens when you practice all day compared to someone who just goes to tournaments without, But if you are talking about the Mind games part of skill, then I don't think so.

case closed.
KEN I WANT TRAINING!

:DDD

Tell Jenny I said sup!

Anth0ny

Smash Master

More knowledge, haha, I've been playing smash and competiting in tournaments since m2king was still wearing diapers.
Skill, how do you define skill? technical abilities? yes I admit he is more techinical, but that's what happens when you practice all day compared to someone who just goes to tournaments without, But if you are talking about the Mind games part of skill, then I don't think so.

case closed.
ROFL

You're a God.

From what I've seen, M2K is not clearly a better Marth player than Ken. Not to kiss anyone's *** or anything, but I've watched a ****ton of videos of Ken, and he's done some pretty amazing things. Not to discredit M2K, he's an amazing player. But I think if Ken is tempted, he'd probably beat your *** hard. He's not the King of Smash for nothing :p

I like your signature :laugh: I don't know if I could afford Brawl lessons from you, but hopefully someday I'll gain your respect and play you for free (or at least $5 :p)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum

case closed.

Hahaha.. win sir, win

Regardless ive seen jasons marth in person, and chris's , theyre both rather good, look forward to seeing you guys play at Evo :) , aka, come to Evo east ken >_>

xRisingForce

Smash Cadet

Holy ****. The legend has spoken. Case closed. Why do pages two and three even exist?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
so many fanboys...
Definitely.

What he says is true tho, Mindgames is all what u need. If you are better than your rival in that department, you will always win.

Entertaining thread btw :D, im looking forward to see how good this players can get at Brawl..

interesting indeed :D

kek

Smash Rookie
Respect where it's due but talk about getting worked up. If you're the greatest, there should be no sense of insecurity or a need to lash out and defend yourself. You wait for tourneys, you win, and you shut people up with statistics, not four letter expletives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom